Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech (58643 Views)

PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch / Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari / Bianca Ojukwu Celebrates Chimamanda Adichie, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Dora Akunyili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by hajimutex1: 10:55am On Oct 25, 2020
lovely write up, please can anonymous give us her phone number for subsequent write up and also training as well, please call 08021067187
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Martinez39s(m): 11:00am On Oct 25, 2020
manuelreports:
Nigeria Youth, we can make it happen. We can create History, we can come together and que behind this amazing Damsel as our presidential candidate come 2023.
Chimamanda for president 2023
SMH.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by oba68351: 11:07am On Oct 25, 2020
Thanks to the president of the federal republic of Nigeria (we never had).

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Onuh2020(m): 11:32am On Oct 25, 2020
Please wait for your turn. Your speech shows who you are. PMB may be slow but definitely moving Nigeria in a forward direction.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Jackossky(m): 11:33am On Oct 25, 2020
I doff my hat ma'am.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by infogenius(m): 11:34am On Oct 25, 2020
SmartPolician:

Lagos State government has already admitted that some people died

The only problem is that Buhari has refused to admit that he deployed the soldiers to shoot unarmed protesters

Exactly!

And i seriously doubt if he will do that.
It will count against him and his administration.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Gyong(m): 11:37am On Oct 25, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:

This is the part I Love the most.
Nairalandtribalistic bigots praising this good speech, can you also see and read the bolded part above as you are praising this good and sensible lady?
This is for all of you shouting 'aboki, Igbo, afonja, yam leg, potato hands, brown roofs, potopoto etc' all over this forum.
Don't let your hypocrisy blind you from rejecting tribalism

For me personally, and for most sane and right thinking Nigerians, looting and stealing of people's properties and private individuals businesses all over the country is a NO NO for me......
Just imagine the below........

No one is encouraging looting and vandalization of public or private properties as well as causing unrest in various part of the nation. My problem with you aunty or uncle, since the protest began, you were against it, when security personnels killed protesters, you claimed the news was false showing pics of people claimed to be killed but resurfaced to discredit the movement, but when hoodlums strikes or protesters discovered hidden palliatives meant for the people and loot it you echoed it so that everyone who care to listen support your claim that the protest is not for a good course. If you don't identify with those seeking for change zip up, silence is golden. PS, we are against any form of violence, looting or vandalization of public or private properties as well as bloodshed. But creating a Nigeria who's youth are considered fit and well nurtured to be the leaders of tomorrow is non negotiable. The struggle continues.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by azimibraun: 12:00pm On Oct 25, 2020
Dayoebe:
seems this woman sabi write love letter.

The presidency should employ her in case of any other relative case.

Abeg where covid 19 palliative dey in Akure?
She will discover she is a learner when she goes hear to head with the speech writers in Aso rock. You think the people in Aso rock don't know how to write what she wrote? Let her be in their position and she will write exactly what they wrote. Independent writer writes differently from an employee writer sir.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Staro: 12:03pm On Oct 25, 2020

Useless president
Foolish followers

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by jamace(m): 12:07pm On Oct 25, 2020
Buhari is just there in Aso Rock to hold the leadership stool for the North... He has nothing to offer..

How many election campaign promises has Buhari fulfilled? I can't find any yet.

Figure head president..

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Sesughray: 12:10pm On Oct 25, 2020
Well,having taken it as it is, i am glad it wasn't as terrible as acussing the opposition as the sponsors.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Kissiemu(m): 12:12pm On Oct 25, 2020
She should keep this speech until we make her the president.

She make me vex by marrying oyibo. Can you imagine?

How you wan take oyibo gbola compare black man own?

... What can a nigga do?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by ILoveDemMANNA: 12:30pm On Oct 25, 2020
Kissiemu:
She should keep this speech until we make her the president.

She make me vex by marrying oyibo. Can you imagine?

How you wan take oyibo gbola compare black man own
?

... What can a nigga do?
Na dat one dey vex u for dis matter?
Na wa o grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Staro: 12:42pm On Oct 25, 2020
Brilliant !
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Niceman4u(m): 12:47pm On Oct 25, 2020
helinues:
sad

They all know the right thing to do when they are not in power..

This is because those in power are useless, the president being the most useless of lots makes it easy to pick holes in his letter.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by IMASTEX: 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2020
codedguy1:
My take is that you cannot say/give what you don't have. They can't even pretend to care.
You took the word from my mouth.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by SweetDipBenny(m): 1:07pm On Oct 25, 2020
rastamouse:
Nigeria missed a great chance to force change. Protests of this sort are not just organized haphazardly like it was done with the #EndSars. I blame the organizers.

After getting the attention of the whole world, the organizers failed to clearly define a motive. Eventually, everyone tried to take credit not knowing they were dealing with politicians.

The cause of the protest failed when the IGP cleverly isolated Davido and later leaked a video of the singer denying ever being part of the protests. That was the day that the politicians poured water on the protest. The thugs were sent to cause mayhem and eventually, some state sponsored hoodlums were made to do all the bad things that later got blamed on the protests.

What the politicians have succeeded in doing is that they have carved a bad name for the protests and nobody wants to be associated with it again. A failed revolution is very dangerous because this generation may not get this chance ever again.

The organizers failed big time. They never realized that the game that they have started is a 3D chess and it can only be played when you use your head and not emotions.

I weep for this country
I think d protest was a step forward
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Regex: 1:10pm On Oct 25, 2020
Martinez39s:
SMH.

That feminist will ruin Nigeria if she ever gets the chance to rule as a president.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by BluntNigerian: 1:24pm On Oct 25, 2020
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by chatinent: 1:30pm On Oct 25, 2020
smiley
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by NwaliE01: 1:32pm On Oct 25, 2020
My sister, no one can give what they don't have.
This government has always been on the defence line and never own responsibility of any wrong.
PMB speech is just an examplification of arrogance and non-challancy.
Their quietness all through the first 12 days shows highest level of carelessness and cluelessnes From the part of government.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by femeritus: 1:43pm On Oct 25, 2020
The moment I saw Chimamanda Adichie, I said I must read it at once. My role model and celebrity crush.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by IGBOSON1: 1:59pm On Oct 25, 2020
Positivepoint:

The question is if it where elrufai will u say thesame. U guys like ur people and u hate that we like ours too. So I am not impressed with the speech the one presented by buhari is far better.

Hehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Roozzaay(m): 2:12pm On Oct 25, 2020
Can we make her the President already abeg.....Sad that governance is beyond tip of the pen or literature skills cry
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by solex1988(m): 2:20pm On Oct 25, 2020
This could have gone a long way in making the youth happy but the grammar is too much for ....
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Martinez39s(m): 2:22pm On Oct 25, 2020
Regex:
That feminist will ruin Nigeria if she ever gets the chance to rule as a president.
I am telling you.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Sedentary: 2:31pm On Oct 25, 2020
Seniorwriter:

@rastamouse note that it was a protest with #EndSARS + #EndPolicebrutality and was never a REVOLUTION talkless of calling it a failed one.
Always have it in mind that this is a public forum and the right information decimation is needed and key knowing that many people are know informed properly and may assume when a wrong post of information gets to them.

You will agree with the fact that the protest had its mission and it achieved a level of awakening even internationally so the notion of revolution does not have a place and it's misplacement !!!

With this awakening an electorial revolution is imminent come 2023 !!!! That is when we can democratically revolutionise these ineffective governance that has always bedeviled Nigeria!!!

Keep it in mind and Cheers.
Better Days Ahead.

© Seniorwriter

You took these thoughts and words right out of my head. Get out of my head ! grin

The protest has shown that we can be spontaneous. If we track a few months down the line and see that nothing seems to be moving in the 5 for 5, it will not be difficult to hit the streets again. And this time, we will plan it better. What was missing has been clearly highlighted by Chimamanda's speech and would be incorporated in the next line of protests.

The thing shock them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Blood Bath In Ibadan APC Rally / Man Cooking, Bathing & Sleeping On The Street In Protest Of 2019 Election / PHOTOS: Senators Visit Ekweremadu At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.