Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,815 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech (58653 Views)

PHOTOS: Obasanjo, Obi Attend Chimamanda Adichie's Children's Book Launch / Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari / Bianca Ojukwu Celebrates Chimamanda Adichie, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Dora Akunyili (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by lexy2014: 8:07am On Oct 25, 2020
rastamouse:
Nigeria missed a great chance to force change. Protests of this sort are not just organized haphazardly like it was done with the #EndSars. I blame the organizers.

After getting the attention of the whole world, the organizers failed to clearly define a motive. Eventually, everyone tried to take credit not knowing they were dealing with politicians.

The cause of the protest failed when the IGP cleverly isolated Davido and later leaked a video of the singer denying ever being part of the protests. That was the day that the politicians poured water on the protest. The thugs were sent to cause mayhem and eventually, some state sponsored hoodlums were made to do all the bad things that later got blamed on the protests.

What the politicians have succeeded in doing is that they have carved a bad name for the protests and nobody wants to be associated with it again. A failed revolution is very dangerous because this generation may not get this chance ever again.

The organizers failed big time. They never realized that the game that they have started is a 3D chess and it can only be played when you use your head and not emotions.

I weep for this country

How was d protest organised haphazardly? Seems u are an expert in protest organisation. Pls share some tips. Who are d "everyone that tried to take credit"? Was davido at any time a leader or d leader of d protests? Was he appointed by d protesters and organisers to go to d IG & speak for them? According to u: "...the organizers failed to clearly define a motive". Pls has d meaning of d word motive changed or maybe u can enlighten us on how they didn't "define a motive"? How were d organisers using their emotions and not their heads?

According to u:

"What the politicians have succeeded in doing is that they have carved a bad name for the protests and nobody wants to be associated with it again".

How have politicians succeeded in giving d protests a bad name? Who is d "nobody"? How did u arrive at ur conclusion about how everybody feels about d protests? Are u speaking for urself or for everybody that u say "nobody"?

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Fuckingmallam45(m): 8:08am On Oct 25, 2020
Seerade029:
Lol cheesy

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie for president.

Honestly, if Buhari read this speech to everyone.
Most Nigerians will applaud him.
You won’t be surprised that, she might become the president, and she will lack leadership spirit. Leadership role goes beyond, re-writing speech. Most especially in Nigeria. As good as Ngozi Iweala is, when she was the Minister of Nigeria, we all saw what happened. Even though, she really tried her best, she was flawed. That’s Nigeria for you.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by SmartPolician: 8:08am On Oct 25, 2020
rastamouse:
Nigeria missed a great chance to force change. Protests of this sort are not just organized haphazardly like it was done with the #EndSars. I blame the organizers.

After getting the attention of the whole world, the organizers failed to clearly define a motive. Eventually, everyone tried to take credit not knowing they were dealing with politicians.

The cause of the protest failed when the IGP cleverly isolated Davido and later leaked a video of the singer denying ever being part of the protests. That was the day that the politicians poured water on the protest. The thugs were sent to cause mayhem and eventually, some state sponsored hoodlums were made to do all the bad things that later got blamed on the protests.

What the politicians have succeeded in doing is that they have carved a bad name for the protests and nobody wants to be associated with it again. A failed revolution is very dangerous because this generation may not get this chance ever again.

The organizers failed big time. They never realized that the game that they have started is a 3D chess and it can only be played when you use your head and not emotions.

I weep for this country

Stop writing NONSENSE

The protest had no organizers

It's a protest of a bunch of Nigerians who were frustrated by police brutality

They made it clear that there were no leaders

However, one point they always made clear was that they would always remain peaceful

6 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Mindlog: 8:08am On Oct 25, 2020
ejihand:
Personally I don't blame Mr President. The speech he made are not his thoughts. He mere read what the mr Adeshina penned down.

Blame the people in the presidency who is involved in putting up speeches

I beg to disagree, the speech reflected Buhari's mind. He tells the speech writing team what he wants to tell Nigerians and the team come up with the words, then it is read to him. If he didn't want to communicate that to Nigerians, he would have ordered a re-write!

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Positivepoint(m): 8:08am On Oct 25, 2020
Seerade029:

Lol, I'm not ibo.

I read what she wrote and it makes sense.

It doesn't mean.
After all I'm a fan of Zulum

The question is if it where elrufai will u say thesame. U guys like ur people and u hate that we like ours too. So I am not impressed with the speech the one presented by buhari is far better.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by lexy2014: 8:08am On Oct 25, 2020
ejihand:
Personally I don't blame Mr President. The speech he made are not his thoughts. He mere read what the rogues penned down for him

Blame the people in the presidency who is involved in putting up speeches

Who employed d people in d presidency that write speech?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Ikorodurealtor: 8:09am On Oct 25, 2020
Positivepoint:

Well yes coz she is igbo. If it was elrufai would u say thesame.

What's all this tribalism about?
Who in his right senses would reject a Good talk because the person that said it isn't from his/her tribe?
That's foolishness to me.

Same way they are saying it's igbos that looted and burnt places in Lagos.
Playing the tribalistic games to distablize the calls for the end to bad governance and protests.

Nigerians wake up and stop falling for tribal sentiments.

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by DenreleDave(m): 8:09am On Oct 25, 2020
Seerade029:
grin

Haaaaaaaa God see my life undecided undecided
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Seerade029: 8:09am On Oct 25, 2020
Fuckingmallam45:

You won’t be surprised that, she might become the president, and she will lack leadership spirit. Leadership role goes beyond, re-writing speech. Most especially in Nigeria. As good as Ngozi Iweala is, when she was the Minister of Nigeria, we all saw what happened. Even though, she really tried her best, she was flawed. That’s Nigeria for you.
I'm not being serious about the president.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by illicit(m): 8:10am On Oct 25, 2020
I wonder on whose side Buhari is
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by SmartPolician: 8:10am On Oct 25, 2020
The part I consider funny in this speech is that Buhari would update you.

Well, that will be over his dead body

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Arewa2Dworld: 8:10am On Oct 25, 2020
Unfortunately for her, presidency is not a place where fiction reigned freely..
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Seerade029: 8:11am On Oct 25, 2020
Positivepoint:

The question is if it where elrufai will u say thesame. U guys like ur people and u hate that we like ours too. So I am not impressed with the speech the one presented by buhari is far better.

Lol, reason above your sentiments.

How can Buhari be talking about N-power etc during crises

If El rufai wrote what was written up there, I will applaud him.

He was the one that makes Abuja better when he was a minister.

Rise above sentiments, applaud when things are right, critize when it's wrong.
Then Nigeria will be better.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by chuksjuve(m): 8:12am On Oct 25, 2020
You can't give what you don't have!

The speech from the president came from a place of wickedness not kindness hence the way it was constructed and read!

While yours is from the place of empathy and sense of responsibility and thus the way it was constructed!

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Fuckingmallam45(m): 8:12am On Oct 25, 2020
SmartPolician:

Stop writing NONSENSE

The protest had no organizers

It's a protest of a bunch of Nigerians who were frustrated by police brutality

They made it clear that there were no leaders

However, one point they always made clear was that they would always remain peaceful
Even as at that, there should have been somebody that could have acted as a leader. You cannot engaged yourself in a protest that is not organized. Believe me honestly, that protests were not well organized.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Benega9(m): 8:13am On Oct 25, 2020
Storey
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by KosiGee(m): 8:13am On Oct 25, 2020
For every cow dung deposited and shaped to look like human beings(Lauretta Onochie and Chief house nigga Joe Igbokwe)....there is a true Nwa ada in the person of Ngozi Adichie, a true and a rare gem. She is precious. We take solace in her every time Lauretta throws up her hideous and nauseating biles or every time Joe blows his disgusting snorts.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by SmartPolician: 8:14am On Oct 25, 2020
infogenius:
Dead on arrival

This is admitting that the army killed people at lekki.
This is proof that a section of the govt knows about the killing.

I am sorry PMB will not read a speech like this to Nigerians.

Lagos State government has already admitted that some people died

The only problem is that Buhari has refused to admit that he deployed the soldiers to shoot unarmed protesters
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by andyanders: 8:14am On Oct 25, 2020
If we had a sane and live president and sane cabinet members as his advisers, then, this crises wouldn't hav happened. Chimanmadu's speach if written by useless Femi and his advisers or USELESS Lai Mohammed would have nailled this crises.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 25, 2020
Ikorodurealtor:
The forces holding this country from moving forward is too powerful

FORCE OF HATRED! from the highest office Holder to the lowest class of people. very disheartening.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:15am On Oct 25, 2020
rastamouse:

I weep for this country

mofo the protest did not have organizers if so the government will easy arrest them and the rest will be as usual . intimidation , scamming and ignoring court order,Dp6-]=jpBr 07077n7b5nn][n'sss
case study is sowore revolution now movement

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by sematec(m): 8:15am On Oct 25, 2020
my babe don write. kudos !
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by jessedaflow: 8:17am On Oct 25, 2020
This one go long pass 15 minutes na...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by shadeyinka2: 8:17am On Oct 25, 2020
Positivepoint:

Well yes coz she is igbo. If it was elrufai would u say thesame.
No!
It's a well prepared speech from a clean, loving, caring and thinking mind. This is what you expect from true fathers. Darling daddies however would make the kind of the earlier readout speech!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Burgerlomo: 8:19am On Oct 25, 2020
See what my baby grin wrote cool

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by anonymous1759(m): 8:19am On Oct 25, 2020
rastamouse:

I weep for this country

You've sense bro I reasoned the same thing the Theme End SARS stayed for too Long I was expecting a Front Runner to change the Narrative to clearly state our needs . I pity the dead ones it was a waste of time. The policians had the last laugh .
With this current Generation anything can still happen until that comes to light the end SARS protesters died in vain.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by SmartPolician: 8:20am On Oct 25, 2020
Fuckingmallam45:

Even as at that, there should have been somebody that could have acted as a leader. You cannot engaged yourself in a protest that is not organized. Believe me honestly, that protests were not well organized.

An average Nigerian is a thief. We all know that

The fear was that the appointed leaders can be compromised just as the NONSENSE that happened in Akwa Ibom.

Despite that, the demands were crystal clear. What government needed to do was to implement them without playing politics with it.

Besides, a news story by Punch showed that a panel of inquiry was set up to Investigative extrajudicial killings among SARS operatives since 2019.

The panelists sent Buhari their report, pointing out what to do.

To date, Buhari has refused to act.

That man is as useless as P in psychology.

Trust me, more uprisings will rise in the future and it will be brutal because people have defeated fear, learned their lessons and seen the weakness of the system.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by joseph1832(m): 8:21am On Oct 25, 2020
I'm sure if Chimamanda was president of Nigeria and this happened under her watch she won't write this kind of speech.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by fabsyl(m): 8:21am On Oct 25, 2020
this her writing is more political than buharis own.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by Josywhyte: 8:22am On Oct 25, 2020
Why she been no follow join the protest instead of to dey post. No be her mates been enter street like others go protest
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Rewrites Buhari’s EndSARS Speech by WaleRock: 8:23am On Oct 25, 2020
CHIMAMANDA MY DEAR, WE WILL GET THERE WHEN THE MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS WAKE UP FINALLY.

THERE WILL SURELY BE RESTITUTION IN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.

OUR LAND WILL BE THOROUGHLY PURIFIED.

GOD IS ON THE THRONE FOREVER!

AMEN!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governorship Contests That Will Shake 2019 / The Accident Victims Involving Obaseki’s Convoy (Graphic Photos) / Fayose Prevents The Arrest Of Johnson Suleman By DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.