Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Civilization 101 For The Bet Generation - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Civilization 101 For The Bet Generation (655 Views)

Why Are Ladies Of Dis Generation Crazy About Big Dicks? / Am I The Bet?? Please Help ... / Dating For Marriage 101 For Ladies: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Civilization 101 For The Bet Generation by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 09, 2011
since many of us no longer know, or never knew in the first place, the rules and etiquette of civilized speech, here are some pointers.

1. Do not excessively drop references to g.enitals in normal, everyday speech.

why: it's considered uncouth and ill mannered.

when you're in your bedroom with your booty call of the day, or in the club/beer parlour with people of like minds, feel free to let it roll.
Re: Civilization 101 For The Bet Generation by MrCork17: 11:42pm On Mar 09, 2011
tpiah!:

since many of us no longer know, or never knew in the first place, the rules and etiquette of civilized speech, here are some pointers.

1. Do not excessively drop references to g.enitals in normal, everyday speech.

why: it's considered uncouth and ill mannered.

when you're in your bedroom with your booty call of the day, or in the club/beer parlour with people of like minds, feel free to let it roll.

***parlour?? huh? madam,do u mean sitting room?  Do u have windows in your house?undecided
Re: Civilization 101 For The Bet Generation by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 09, 2011
^^everybody likes you when you dont post.
Re: Civilization 101 For The Bet Generation by MrCork17: 11:48pm On Mar 09, 2011
tpiah!:

huh? everybody? prooof it!! angry
Re: Civilization 101 For The Bet Generation by MrCork17: 11:50pm On Mar 09, 2011
On a serious note, u give good advice. U dont even have a man. U want me? wink
Re: Civilization 101 For The Bet Generation by Nobody: 2:55am On Mar 15, 2011
Some nigerian men may have been wondering why it seems women outside the club, do not take kindly to their speech, mannerisms and manners. They get accused of sexual harassment, etc.

If you're one of those people, here are some reasons why:

1. Never assume just because someone is female, they're dying for your attention. Remember, everywhere is not a club setting.

2. Using patronizing terms like "dear", "honey", sugar", etc etc tend to be out of place[b] in some contexts[/b], and may cause resentment in the hearer, ie the person you're trying to break the ice with, especially if they're not into you.

of course some women will not mind any term of endearment you feel like using even if you've only known them for one second, but sometimes it's better to err on the side of caution. As a black man, you're a sitting duck, in case you werent aware of this.

3. Referring to each and every woman as b1tches, hoes, chicken heads, c*nt, punny, "my wife" etc, is modern culture but that wont prevent you from getting your azz knee deep in horse manure when the crap hits the fan.

4. Every female does not have to like you. This has nothing to do with your dingdong, appearance or anything you have to offer. Learn to accept this fact like a man, and move on to those who have something positive to contribute to your self esteem, if people's adoration is important to you.

Do not hang around someone who doesnt like you, just to make yourself feel bad and also to throw a pity party, or worse still, blame game.

Insults- big no no. Just face your front, if they're doing the same.

One characteristic of a gentleman is the ability to hold a civil discourse even with someone he dislikes.

5. It's extremely unmanly and disgusting to continually be on the lookout for when a female is being insulted, then applaud loudly, as some of you are wont to do. I'm not sure if this is related to the hiphop culture or something.

Once, twice can be overlooked, but some of you are always inevitably found anywhere a female is being insulted. This does not speak well of your culture wherever you come from because it would seem that's how you were raised, since this habit does not seem strange to you.
Re: Civilization 101 For The Bet Generation by Orton10(m): 3:06am On Mar 15, 2011
^
This is what a grown arse Women stays up all night doing?  shocked shocked
Mr, Cork:

On a serious note, u give good advice. U dont even have a man.  U want me? wink
Yeah Buddy, She needs You!
Re: Civilization 101 For The Bet Generation by MrsChima(f): 3:26am On Mar 15, 2011
tpiah!:

[size=22pt]Whoops there is! grin grin grin grin grin grin [/size]
Re: Civilization 101 For The Bet Generation by Nobody: 3:47am On Mar 15, 2011
tpiah!:
2. Using patronizing terms like "dear", "honey", sugar", etc etc tend to be out of place[b] in some contexts[/b], and may cause resentment in the hearer, ie the person you're trying to break the ice with, especially if they're not into you.

4. Every female does not have to like you. This has nothing to do with your dingdong, appearance or anything you have to offer. Learn to accept this fact like a man, and move on to those who have something positive to contribute to your self esteem, if people's adoration is important to you.

Great! The bolded is the worst. Some guys tell me they like me/love me/are interested/want to marry/whatever. I bluntly tell them good but I don't like them back. Their response? "You have to get used to it first" or "Give it time" or "You say that now, but I know your mind will change". See me see wahala.

I'll contribute cheesy

1. Just because a girl/woman says she does not have a boyfriend does not give you the green light. angry

(1) (Reply)

Face Book / Much Love. . . / hello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.