Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,176 members, 7,835,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Why Milan 'god' Ibrahimovic Is A Bigger Impact In Italy Than Ronaldo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Milan 'god' Ibrahimovic Is A Bigger Impact In Italy Than Ronaldo (483 Views)

Messi More Important Than Ronaldo – La Liga President / Leo Or Cristiano? Supercomputer Thinks Messi Is 'much Better' Than Ronaldo / Ibrahimovic Announces Man Utd Return With Image Depicting Him As Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Milan 'god' Ibrahimovic Is A Bigger Impact In Italy Than Ronaldo by jondabeloved: 12:25pm On Oct 26, 2020
After Romelu Lukaku secured Inter's 4-2 win in the Milan Derby in February, the Belgian striker proclaimed,

"There is a new king in the city."

Before eventually finding himself in the best spot to respond after netting both goals in AC Milan's 2-1 victory over Inter at San Siro.

He said "Milano never had a king,", "they have a GOD."

As he returned to San Siro in January, he cast himself as a savior and has been doing miracles ever since.

He appeared as the most influential character in Serie A at 39.

"In Italy, he has shifted the balance more than Cristiano Ronaldo," former Milan and Juventus coach Alberto Zaccheroni 

"It is no coincidence that many young players have grown exponentially since his arrival."

Zaccheroni is right. Ronaldo joined a squad that had already won seven Serie A titles in succession;

It is not Ronaldo's fault that he did not have a big sporting impact on Juventus.

Ibrahimovic has yet to win a trophy in his second stint at Milan but has had a transformative effect on an entire club;

one that has not participated in the Champions League since 2014.

And while his numbers are impressive (12 goals and five assists in Serie A in 2020), it is his influence on the dressing that has been truly incredible.

Milan has the youngest team in the 'Top Five' leagues in Europe, and the experience of Ibrahimovic has thus proved invaluable.

Team-mates have lined up to applaud the striker in each and every training session for the way he leads by example.

Zaccheroni, though, is in no doubt which player has had more influence on Serie A.

"I have coached great champions in my career, from [Oliver] Bierhoff to [George] Weah up to Adriano, but the only regret I have is that I never trained Ibrahimovic," he told Il Giornale.

"He is eternal and I still don't understand why he never won the Ballon d'Or.

"In Italy, he has shifted the balance more than Ronaldo. It is no coincidence that many young players have grown exponentially since his arrival.

"He doesn't just score. He transmits confidence to all his team-mates, carrying the team on his shoulders in difficult moments."

A top-four finish is now a realistic target. Ibrahimovic is even engaging in title talk, which is hardly surprising, of course:

he says they would have won last season’s Scudetto if he has arrived at the start of the campaign rather than halfway through it.

Milan Coach, Pioli, though, is wisely playing down their title prospects at such an early stage of the season, arguing,

"There are currently four or five teams in Serie A that are stronger than us on paper."

Ibrahimovic may not really be a God, but he and Pioli are proving a match made in heaven in Milan.

Source: https://rayoonline.com/why-milan-god-ibrahimovic-is-a-bigger-impact-in-italy-than-ronaldo/

Re: Why Milan 'god' Ibrahimovic Is A Bigger Impact In Italy Than Ronaldo by ACxxxMAN: 12:30pm On Oct 26, 2020
Ronaldo was the motivation behind Ibrahimovic decision to go back to Milan. Ronaldo enhanced the image of Italian football. Ronaldo is a living deity.

3 Likes

Re: Why Milan 'god' Ibrahimovic Is A Bigger Impact In Italy Than Ronaldo by paulolee(m): 1:00pm On Oct 26, 2020
zlatan is more influential in Milan sqaud than cr7 is to juve...zlatan is more decisive in seria A than cr7 is in dt league...the only edge cr7 av more than zlatan is the business aspect of his presence in dt league but going by form n football aspect, zlatan is way ahead of cr7 in dt league..
incase u don't kno Milan is d most inform club in Europe and av a long winning streak since d ending of last season...

2 Likes

Re: Why Milan 'god' Ibrahimovic Is A Bigger Impact In Italy Than Ronaldo by paulolee(m): 1:01pm On Oct 26, 2020
ACxxxMAN:
Ronaldo was the motivation behind Ibrahimovic decision to go back to Milan. Ronaldo enhanced the image of Italian football. Ronaldo is a living deity.
dts Ur opinion BT b4 cr7 came dey was a zlatan and he is still doing wonders in Italy at such age...I think he deserves more respect than what you are giving..
Re: Why Milan 'god' Ibrahimovic Is A Bigger Impact In Italy Than Ronaldo by ACxxxMAN: 1:12pm On Oct 26, 2020
paulolee:

dts Ur opinion BT b4 cr7 came dey was a zlatan and he is still doing wonders in Italy at such age...I think he deserves more respect than what you are giving..
Ronaldo deserves some respect too. You can still portray Ibra brilliance without ridiculing Ronaldo's impact in Seria A.
Re: Why Milan 'god' Ibrahimovic Is A Bigger Impact In Italy Than Ronaldo by Karleb(m): 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2020
This has false written all over it.
Re: Why Milan 'god' Ibrahimovic Is A Bigger Impact In Italy Than Ronaldo by paulolee(m): 4:28pm On Oct 26, 2020
ACxxxMAN:

Ronaldo deserves some respect too. You can still portray Ibra brilliance without ridiculing Ronaldo's impact in Seria A.
my argument is for zlatan in respective of what cr7 did in Italy... what I meant is dt zlatan is d most influential player in Italy since the resumption of football after the covid break.. he bought confidence into dt unbeatable Milan team and I CNT wait for them to meet juve this season..

1 Like

Re: Why Milan 'god' Ibrahimovic Is A Bigger Impact In Italy Than Ronaldo by paulolee(m): 4:30pm On Oct 26, 2020
Karleb:
This has false written all over it.

nope...he is right...zlatan had been a very influential figure in Italy and he helped revived millan who is the only unbeaten team for a while and the only team dt av a 100% winning streak since ending of last season
Re: Why Milan 'god' Ibrahimovic Is A Bigger Impact In Italy Than Ronaldo by Karleb(m): 4:41pm On Oct 26, 2020
paulolee:

nope...he is right...zlatan had been a very influential figure in Italy and he helped revived millan who is the only unbeaten team for a while and the only team dt av a 100% winning streak since ending of last season

100 per cent winning streak after how many games.

Ibrahim is a senior man and a good player, no doubt. But he can't have half of Ronaldo's influence or impact in Italy. The same way no player has had half of Neymar's impact since he got to France.

If Messi should leave Barcelona today, La Liga will lose a lot of viewers.
Re: Why Milan 'god' Ibrahimovic Is A Bigger Impact In Italy Than Ronaldo by paulolee(m): 6:17pm On Oct 26, 2020
Karleb:

100 per cent winning streak after how many games.

Ibrahim is a senior man and a good player, no doubt. But he can't have half of Ronaldo's influence or impact in Italy. The same way no player has had half of Neymar's impact since he got to France.

If Messi should leave Barcelona today, La Liga will lose a lot of viewers.

now u talking about business side of football because we all kno dts what cr7, neyma and messi are bringing to their leagues....zlatan is more influential than cr7 in Italy, same way mbappe is more influential in France...forget about the business aspect dt we all know and talk about the sporting aspect..
in case u don't kno Milan are unbeaten in 16 matches, 13 wins and 3 draws since last season ending all because of the influential and motivational zlatan...dey are currently the most inform club in Europe top leagues..

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Siera Leone - PINNICK Addressing Super Eagles After The Match. / My Most Intense Bet Experience / Enugu Residents Turn To Potatoes As Yam Prices Skyrocket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.