Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,252 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? (11628 Views)

Which Nice Country Can I Relocate To Legally With ₦8m? / Avoid Saminaka Road If You Are Travelling From Kano To Jos (Security Alert) / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 8:26pm On Oct 29, 2020
Oladoyinipede:
please value your life and don't go to a crisis ridden area like Jos.if some areas in Jos are safe, won't you need to work,to visit places,to feel free and have peace of mind.

Osogbo is a very peaceful place to live..the cost of living here i.e feeding,housing and transportation here is relatively cheap... transportation fare within Osogbo no dey pass #50 at worse #80.

crime rate here is at the lowest, there is nothing like religious crisis and the night life too is not bad if you know your way�.Most importantly there is peace,alot of it actually....

Thanks boss for this info.
Hope the people are as well friendly?
I think Oshogbo or its environs might be a good location to venture into agriculture in my spare time.

Thanks boss for the update.

1 Like

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by puremaker7(m): 9:50pm On Oct 29, 2020
rainlover:

Electricity supply is 20hrs per day? In Nigeria? Lol! That sounds too good to be true.
Not telling lies bro, sometimes 48hrs before taking it, I used to off my freezer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 11:06pm On Oct 29, 2020
puremaker7:
Not telling lies bro, sometimes 48hrs before taking it, I used to off my freezer.

Chaii. That place go soft o.
Do u currently live there??

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by puremaker7(m): 11:20pm On Oct 29, 2020
rainlover:

Chaii. That place go soft o.
Do u currently live there??
working in Lag now, but family are there
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by babaneenoni(m): 2:35am On Oct 30, 2020
rainlover:

Mad o! So Christians can't move out if their streets?? Lol! And they're here in portharcourt moving freely and cashing out on us.

Anyway thanks for the info.
jos is different from any other city in nigeria
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 4:59am On Oct 30, 2020
puremaker7:
working in Lag now, but family are there
OK boss.
Do you know the cost of renting a self 1 room contain ?
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 4:59am On Oct 30, 2020
babaneenoni:
jos is different from any other city in nigeria
Hmm
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Oladoyinipede: 6:36am On Oct 30, 2020
rainlover:

I think Oshogbo or its environs might be a good location to venture into agriculture in my spare time.

yes the people are friendly.
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by puremaker7(m): 6:58am On Oct 30, 2020
rainlover:

OK boss.
Do you know the cost of renting a self 1 room contain ?
Depend on the area.
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by alakara(m): 7:13am On Oct 30, 2020
rainlover:
OK boss. Do you know the cost of renting a self 1 room contain ?
btw 50 - 100 depending on so many factors.

1 Like

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 31, 2020
rainlover:

I hope you haven't moved yet.
I'm currently in jos and I tell you tensions are always high at the slightest provocation. There are places you can and cannot go to.
Yes things are cheap but oshogbo is even cheaper in EVERY aspect.
The only advantage jos has over oshogbo is language, but you can get along fine even if you don't speak Yoruba.

Moved here a year ago and I regret it. Oshogbo was one of my options and I wish I chose it.
If you work online go to oshogbo or elsewhere, Don't choose jos.

Ask me questions if need be.

Goodluck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 10:58am On Nov 01, 2020
Benzoway:

I hope you haven't moved yet.
I'm currently in jos and I tell you tensions are always high at the slightest provocation. There are places you can and cannot go to.
Yes things are cheap but oshogbo is even cheaper in EVERY aspect.
The only advantage jos has over oshogbo is language, but you can get along fine even if you don't speak Yoruba.

Moved here a year ago and I regret it. Oshogbo was one of my options and I wish I chose it.
If you work online go to oshogbo or elsewhere, Don't choose jos.

Ask me questions if need be.

Goodluck

Thanks boss!
I haven't moved yet, maybe by the end December. I will rather move over to Oshogbo where there's less crisis
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Nopanties: 11:14am On Nov 01, 2020
What do you do for a living?? You can't just relocate anyhow away from work! How do you intend to make a living?

1 Like

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Crackhead25(m): 11:51am On Nov 01, 2020
rainlover:
Hello Fam!!
I'm planing of relocating from Port-Harcourt to Either JOS or OSHOGBO.

The cost of living here in PHC na die o! house rent ni??
even transportation..
Everything is on a high cost.
Security na OYO!

I'm not yet sure of the exact place to relocate to..

(EXCLUDING JOBS OPPORTUNITIES OR BUSINESSES,

What are the costs of living in JOS /OSHOGBO, including
House rent (self contain),
Transportation etc

Is there constant power supply, good and stable internet connection?? (very very important)
How about security,
Social life?
Banies...

Pls if currently live in JOS or OSHOGBO I highly welcome your contributions. Thanks

I don't know much about Jos tho,but I stay in osogbo,capital of osun state so I can say a lot.

First things first,Osogbo is a very peaceful place to stay.Nothing like cult war and stuffs like that according to what I heard of Jos
Another thing is electricity, Electricity is very constant and okay.It might be a pro if you do any I.T related hustle or a handwork sef.

Transportation is also low,the shuttle service in osogbo called "korope" charges for as low as 50 Naira, depending on the place you are going.But the maximum can't be more than 100 naira.

Foodstuffs prices are not fixed,sometimes might be averagely expensive and sometimes you can buy them cheap also.
Then house rent varies also, depending on the area.Houses in osogbo can be averagely cost.Ife can also be cost due to the fact that it's a student area,but house rent in places like Ede,ilesa,iwo and a lot of other places is cheap!

Even water supply is nothing to worry about as water is readily available and constant in osun state.

Osun people are also very friendly and accommodating.

Generally,the standard of living in osun is very good and affordable!

Op,you go enjoy am.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 01, 2020
rainlover:

Thanks boss!
I haven't moved yet, maybe by the end December. I will rather move over to Oshogbo where there's less crisis
Alright.
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 6:39am On Nov 02, 2020
Crackhead25:

I don't know much about Jos tho,but I stay in osogbo,capital of osun state so I can say a lot.

First things first,Osogbo is a very peaceful place to stay.Nothing like cult war and stuffs like that according to what I heard of Jos
Another thing is electricity, Electricity is very constant and okay.It might be a pro if you do any I.T related hustle or a handwork sef.

Transportation is also low,the shuttle service in osogbo called "korope" charges for as low as 50 Naira, depending on the place you are going.But the maximum can't be more than 100 naira.

Foodstuffs prices are not fixed,sometimes might be averagely expensive and sometimes you can buy them cheap also.
Then house rent varies also, depending on the area.Houses in osogbo can be averagely cost.Ife can also be cost due to the fact that it's a student area,but house rent in places like Ede,ilesa,iwo and a lot of other places is cheap!

Even water supply is nothing to worry about as water is readily available and constant in osun state.

Op,you go enjoy am.

Baba thanks a lot!
I now planning to move over to Osun.
I'll keep in touch with you.
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by RuggedSniper: 11:40am On Nov 02, 2020
rainlover:

Electricity supply is 20hrs per day? In Nigeria? Lol! That sounds too good to be true.
^^^MAX AIR now flies into Jos from Abuja and Lagos and Jos is hilly/very good for tourism. My first visit to Jos was in the early 1980s to take a compurised exam in an American mission school named Hillcrest. Osogbo indeed has over 20 hours of power daily because of a power sub-station based on my conversations with someone who has visited there. Hope this helps. P.S. What is the name of the lady in your NL profile? Is she a Caribbean model?

1 Share

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 3:42pm On Dec 16, 2020
Please who's in Oshogbo here??
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by alakara(m): 9:28pm On Dec 16, 2020
rainlover:
Please who's in Oshogbo here??
am in Osogbo
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 5:26pm On Dec 17, 2020
alakara:

am in Osogbo
Please I want to relocate to Oshogbo for the first time, and I need your assistance in getting an accommodation. My WHATSAPP Number is in my signature. Thanks
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Cooladex(m): 12:16pm On Mar 19, 2021
Pls anyone based in ilesha here? I really need to talk to someone. I'm planning to relocate to ilesha from lagos and I need some some advices.
My email is alongetayo18@gmail.com
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by yungchop: 12:18am On Mar 20, 2021
rainlover:

Please I want to relocate to Oshogbo for the first time, and I need your assistance in getting an accommodation. My WHATSAPP Number is in my signature. Thanks

are you in Oshogbo now? I'm planning to move and do business too. can I get a self con of 50-70k?
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by alakara(m): 5:33pm On Mar 20, 2021
yungchop:

are you in Oshogbo now? I'm planning to move and do business too. can I get a self con of 50-70k?

Yes, I think you can.
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by yungchop: 8:31pm On Mar 20, 2021
alakara:

Yes, I think you can.
can we talk on WhatsApp? drop your digits please.
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by alakara(m): 8:32am On Mar 21, 2021
yungchop:

Drop yours on a dead thread.
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by alakara(m): 12:05pm On Mar 24, 2021
yungchop:

drop ur digits on a dead thread and quote me.
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Preciousp1990: 7:13pm On Jul 20, 2021
Dygeasy:
For power supply and cheap cost of living, Oshogbo is your best bet. They have 24 hours of electricity.

Wow that's nice.....
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2021
alakara:

Yes, I think you can.
Hello Sir! Pls can I reach you on WhatsApp? I plan to relocate to OSHOGBO next month. My WhatsApp number is in my signature thanks.
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2021
Crackhead25:

Op,you go enjoy am.

Hello! Boss are u still in OSHOGBO?
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 7:14pm On Aug 07, 2021
yungchop:

Not yet, I'm planning to move in next month. Are u there already?
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 7:20pm On Aug 07, 2021
Oladoyinipede:
if what you say is correct then Osogbo is cheaper by far..a 2 bedroom self contain's average cost here is about #150k and electricity here, especially in some areas like okefia,oshogram,etc,is supplied for as much as 18-20hrs.
are u in OSHOGBO currently?
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Oladoyinipede: 7:40pm On Aug 07, 2021
rainlover:
are u in OSHOGBO currently?
No

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Arik Air Stewardess Jailed For Cocaine Smuggling / Ethiopian Airlines Flight Schedule/prices To Enugu / Container Truck On Fire Along Apapa Expressway And Agege Motor Road (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.