Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? (11680 Views)

Which Nice Country Can I Relocate To Legally With ₦8m? / Avoid Saminaka Road If You Are Travelling From Kano To Jos (Security Alert) / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 5:13pm On Oct 17, 2021
Snowflakess:

Please what is your take on restaurant biz over there
I mean bukataria(local one)
u mean road side food selling? I don't know many places here, but I see many people doing the business here at Aregbe. This is where people board vehicles to Lagos/Ibadan. I'll still do some findings
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 5:15pm On Oct 17, 2021
Snowflakess:

very expensive
I will rather earn 100k monthly monthly in another state than earning 200k here in Lagos
For real? But why, is Lagos that expensive to live in? I always thought things were cheap asides house rent
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Snowflakess: 10:10pm On Oct 17, 2021
rainlover:
For real? But why, is Lagos that expensive to live in? I always thought things were cheap asides house rent

Bro everybody want to extort you here in lag

The funny thing is that In abj pH you see the value of what you are paying for

Buh Lagos isn't the case

1 Like

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Mcslize: 4:16am On Oct 18, 2021
rainlover:
The power supply in Oshogbo is really Good, even far better than portharcourt. I'm even thinking of what to to with this stable power supply.

I quest it's a good time to start a blog or maybe a YouTube channel. That would be stressful though..

But I really think this place would be a good place for freelancers

Wow! That's good. I will surely relocate over. How are the houses there? Are there more modern houses there or old houses?
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Mcslize: 4:20am On Oct 18, 2021
Snowflakess:

Where I live currently there is at 20hours
Ketu ojota axis

Is the bolded Oshogbo or Lagos?
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 4:25am On Oct 18, 2021
Snowflakess:

Bro everybody want to extort you here in lag

The funny thing is that In abj pH you see the value of what you are paying for

Buh Lagos isn't the case
Hope the pH u mentioned isn't portharcourt? grin cos PHC na die o everything is expensive there.

The truth is that the system in Nigeria has failed. We are directly or indirectly paying more for less. I think the best place to have value for money would be in the northern states
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 4:26am On Oct 18, 2021
Mcslize:

Lagos
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 4:38am On Oct 18, 2021
Mcslize:

Wow! That's good. I will surely relocate over. How are the houses there? Are there more modern houses there or old houses?
Though I'm yet to fully explore the town, but there are morden houses, depending on the location. I see this place as just a developing town, and not upto a city standard. There's often less or no traffic, very low crime rate, fewer population. Cost of living is average, rent is cheaper, but food isn't cheap; it's same price as portharcourt. Cloths aren't cheap here either. Gas is sold here between NGN650-NGN700/kg (as at 4 days ago when I bought)
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Drxxzy: 4:53am On Oct 18, 2021
rainlover:
House rent here is cheap for real. A single room of 4k/month here is really big, even little bigger than our palour in Portharcourt.

The power supply here is more stable than what we have in Portharcourt, but not as stable as what I had read earlier on nairaland concerning this place before I relocated.

Some areas get up to 23 hrs power supply in Osogbo e.g Tinumola Estate
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rocken001: 9:08am On Oct 18, 2021
Are you for real Can someone confirm this? What other places?
Drxxzy:

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Blackey(m): 3:11pm On Oct 18, 2021
Drxxzy:

Estate + steady power supply... Renting that kind apartment no go easy o.

1 Like

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 18, 2021
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Mcslize: 9:22pm On Oct 18, 2021
rainlover:
Though I'm yet to fully explore the town, but there are morden houses, depending on the location. I see this place as just a developing town, and not upto a city standard. There's often less or no traffic, very low crime rate, fewer population. Cost of living is average, rent is cheaper, but food isn't cheap; it's same price as portharcourt. Cloths aren't cheap here either. Gas is sold here between NGN650-NGN700/kg (as at 4 days ago when I bought)

That's good then. But Osogbo is the capital city of Osun. Is it not supposed to be the most developed city in Osun State? Is it not Osogbo you relocated to or a town in Osun state?
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Snowflakess: 9:40pm On Oct 18, 2021
Mcslize:

Lag
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Drxxzy: 10:40pm On Oct 18, 2021
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 7:02am On Oct 19, 2021
i926:

Congratulations, you finally moved!

How much is a room self con? I might be moving to Oshogbo soon
it's between 80k - 120k depending on the location

2 Likes

Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 7:04am On Oct 19, 2021
Mcslize:

That's good then. But Osogbo is the capital city of Osun. Is it not supposed to be the most developed city in Osun State? Is it not Osogbo you relocated to or a town in Osun state?
I'm in Oshogbo, the most busy part sef. It's a developing town
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2021
rainlover:
it's between 80k - 120k depending on the location
Okay thanks
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 19, 2021
rainlover:
Developing? shocked
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Mcslize: 8:16pm On Oct 19, 2021
rainlover:

I see! Not bad then as far as crime rate is low there and light is good, it's that kind of place I will like to stay.
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 9:19pm On Oct 19, 2021
Mcslize:

I see! Not bad then as far as crime rate is low there and light is good, it's that kind of place I will like to stay.
yea. Crime rate is extremely low. I dunno if there are cultists here, cos I'm yet to find one or witness any clash.
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 9:19pm On Oct 19, 2021
i926:

Developing? shocked
yea.
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by alakara(m): 2:50pm On Oct 20, 2021
rainlover:

Aregbe. U stay in Oshogbo?

Yes
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by generaljosh1(m): 9:40pm On Nov 04, 2021
Pls how much is 2 bedroom flat in Osogbo that is averagely ok and has water running, kitchen cabinet, wardrobe and in a nice environment?
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by damosade(m): 10:05pm On Nov 04, 2021
Come Epe lagos state.
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Muhaymin(m): 3:22am On Nov 05, 2021
We have 24hrs power supply at powerline, ring road, Osogbo
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 9:32am On Nov 05, 2021
Muhaymin:
We have 24hrs power supply at powerline, ring road, Osogbo
I stay at Aregbe and power supply isn't up to 20hrs.

Are u people using metre at powerline?
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Muhaymin(m): 10:50am On Nov 05, 2021
rainlover:
I stay at Aregbe and power supply isn't up to 20hrs.

Are u people using metre at powerline?
Yes we're using meter from the station and majority of the power station staffs and retirees stay around here so we enjoy their influence.
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 11:17am On Nov 05, 2021
Muhaymin:

Yes we're using meter from the station and majority of the power station staffs and retirees stay around here so we enjoy their influence.
how much does it cost to rent a self contain around there?
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Felixnyle: 2:06pm On Nov 05, 2021
How much is a self contain in Oshogbo with water and electricity?
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by Muhaymin(m): 5:16pm On Nov 05, 2021
rainlover:
how much does it cost to rent a self contain around there?
From 80k to 150k base on ur taste
Re: Should I Relocate To JOS Or OSHOGBO??? by rainlover(m): 6:02pm On Nov 14, 2021
Looks like weed is the cheapest thing in Osogbo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Nairalander Wins Kung Fu Awards (pictures) / I Am Tired Of Nigeria, Where On Earth Can I Get A Better Life? / An American Citizen Coming To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.