Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,676 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads (55407 Views)

Panic As Rogue Killer Soldiers Spread Deaths On Lagos Roads / Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament / Omoyele Sowore Takes His Revolution To Lagos Roads (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by MorningStar233: 8:39am On Oct 27, 2020
IamTallest:
So they now know dat they too are humans abi?when they were biz killing people,harrassing and labelling innocent citizens criminals,dey did not kno.karma is such a bitch.let them kno how it feels to be on d other side.As for staying out of d roads,they must come back and do the job dey are paid to do.they can resign if they dont want to continue.you cant be paid salary from my tax and be lounging in d barracks i paid for with my tax.nonsense.

For your info tax are deducted from everyone in this country including uniform personnels.
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by SoBright101: 8:39am On Oct 27, 2020
Am not surprised, that's your way of life, it's in your blood. You would have gone violent if you have the opportunity.

Hassanmaye:

Look at you so daft.
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by jrusky(m): 8:46am On Oct 27, 2020
Better. Let them dissappear they are major cause of these problem.
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 27, 2020
authority2006:

You don't know what you are saying. They extort motorists, we all know that. But you have forgotten the consequences of the absence of the police on the road.

Look, police checkpoints serve no useful purpose other than to vacuum cash out of citizen pockets, based on flimsy civil violations like expired licences, etc. Most times they even lie and concoct non-existent issues because once they drag you inside the station it's their word against yours.

Different IGPs have banned checkpoints more than a thousand times over the past two decades but we all know it's a half hearted gesture/directive, coming from them, since the IGP and top officers get their own share of all that bribe money. Police are meant to drive around on patrol or walk their beat on foot, responding to requests for assistance e.g crimes in progress, as required. Mounted checkpoints are an anomaly anywhere in the world except you're living in a warzone or otherwise under martial law
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by Aboki99(m): 9:25am On Oct 27, 2020
Good. The govt should leave them with their darling "peaceful protesters" and area boys to provide security for them.
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by unicornguytunde: 9:38am On Oct 27, 2020
Those Lastma fools ehen!!! their day of reckoning will soon come .
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 27, 2020
Confusedgirl869:
You are talking trash
says a confused girl , confused 868 times
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by Prechy08(m): 10:52am On Oct 27, 2020
I call for peace, abeg make una forgive them. every one in government and power have gotten the message, the next one will not be like this which I pray they is non again but our politicians no go hear.

but police b4 now deal with people sha, na when you encounter them u go know, u see as them beat those girls for ojuelegba? at that time them never know say table go turn.

make una forgive them and let peace be.
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by pacespot(m): 11:14am On Oct 27, 2020
People saying they are afraid of criminals with weapons now, how many armed robbery attacks or cultist clashes have police successfully repelled in the past? If they come back, they should stay in strategic places and stay off the roads and stop extorting motorists.

1 Like

Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by kay29000(m): 11:23am On Oct 27, 2020
personal59:
very funny

unbelievable, so Dem dey fear too.

I want them in strategic places and not road because they are rogues and thief's on road.

I remember one day while I was traveling to Ibadan from Lagos (immediately after covid lock down was lifted) I met nothing less than 30 check point and all dey do is collect at least 200 naira from commercial drivers and delay privates. no checking of papers or bus just pay and go and the hold up caused that day was so much that it link up from one check point to another.

abeg make them just dey strategic places and their offices because they are terrible on the road.

Part of the road patrol led us here.

as for lastma they are worst than police just that they have no gun

no sympathy nor goodness in them.

With the stealing and the likes that take place in the country I just concluded the leaders are the true reflection of the followers.

we deserve them because so many people are just terrible and their religious group doesn't have any influence in them.

all are worldly not Godly.

Exactly
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by kay29000(m): 11:26am On Oct 27, 2020
Mkelv0106:
How do you want dem to be on the roads, when their lives is at risk. Police are endangered species for the now, make boiz mind come down first..

True. I remember watching a video of one police man that was killed at Orile or so... They stuck a knife in his eye, and he was still trying to escape as they kept hitting him with machete, with blood all over his head. Damn! I hate police o, but I really pity that man. It was worse than horror movie. No police would watch that and want to be on the road.

3 Likes

Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by kay29000(m): 11:29am On Oct 27, 2020
Dhavido:
I really won’t blame them much because they are also living in fear right now. After surviving the attacks on their stations last week, it’ll take time for them to be mentally ready to “protect” lives and properties again.

Besides, they have no guns to work with, no stations to work from abi police go dey work from home?���

Lol
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by kay29000(m): 11:30am On Oct 27, 2020
ivolt:
Lagosians should not fear peaceful looters. They are fighting for our rights. Call on Falz, Davido and Yesufu to call their boys back. This mob action have exposed the indecency of many pretenders. There was this man I used to respect, he uses police security details. when traveling I was shocked when he was cheering the brutal killing videos of police officers in Lagos. I never knew he was a barbarian in suit.

Wow!
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by Solari8(m): 12:04pm On Oct 27, 2020
Any day any time... The police have nothing to lose we the citizens should be careful December is around the corner.
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by newisd75: 1:34pm On Oct 27, 2020
i think attack on police station is what was expected in this protest & also part of revolution, which take place when d police are over power
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by JuanDeDios: 3:31pm On Oct 27, 2020
adenigga:

One of them who wants to remain anonymous said: “You people said soldiers are more civil than the police, we have now left you in the hands of soldiers. I don’t want to say more than this. ”
Foolish thing to say. You either resign or man your post.

adenigga:

Lending her voice to the whole fiasco, a security consultant and CEO of Crime Fighters, Chief Aisha Tosan, said: “The organizers of #EndSARS protests should have factored in the vulnerability of Lagos environment, considering the fact that Lagos is infested with area boys. The burden of ensuring that the protest was not hijacked by these sets of persons was their responsibility”.
No. It is NOT the duty of protesters to ensure people don't commit crime. It's the duty of the police. What kind of security consultant are you, madam?

3 Likes

Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by Bigpat: 3:36pm On Oct 27, 2020
If you don't need Police at least you will need criminals, so no one should complain, security is for everyone, so secure yourselves, why the shout ,it is only the witches that will kill & cry at the same time. If Police is not on the road, then be on the road with your 2 left legs. State Police? go & sleep.
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by Bigpat: 3:46pm On Oct 27, 2020
JuanDeDios:

Foolish thing to say. You either resign or man your post.

No. It is NOT the duty of protesters to ensure people don't commit crime. It's the duty of the police. What kind of security consultant are you, madam?
Which Police? don't worry go & commit crime & wait for who will ensure you don't commit crime
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by JuanDeDios: 4:06pm On Oct 27, 2020
Bigpat:

Which Police? don't worry go & commit crime & wait for who will ensure you don't commit crime

Edit
Oh, I just read your last post. You must be one of the SARS. At least, you must be a policeman. Knowing that you wish to continue to collect salary as a policeman while refusing to do the job you're being paid for because we said "stop extorting from us and killing us" is worrying.
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by Kheeng1: 4:09pm On Oct 27, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sycec5zBEU

Win Up to $450 this Weekend!!
No Payment Included
Check it Out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Imo: Athan Nneji Achonu (one-arm General) Emerges LP Guber Candidate / Lagos APC Set To Sue NWC For Nullifying Congress / You Didn’t Truly Campaign For Buhari, APC Tells Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.