Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,808 members, 7,827,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads (55424 Views)

Panic As Rogue Killer Soldiers Spread Deaths On Lagos Roads / Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament / Omoyele Sowore Takes His Revolution To Lagos Roads (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by SenecaTheYonger: 6:19am On Oct 27, 2020
Because the only understand force and oppression. Now that they’re being told to stop all that, they don’t know what else to do. They’re completely confused because that’s all they understand.

The police attract some of the worst people in Nigeria because all of them are like twins, they act identical

6 Likes

Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by govomotors: 6:20am On Oct 27, 2020
The police are mourning, they killed and injure their men. Now the police is feeling what the oppressed citizen have been experiencing in their hand.

Every good policeman or woman was spared, none was touched rather their host community protected they from attack. They were protected not because they were Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba but their good deed spoke for them in the time of need.

It's about time the police reform themselves individually knowing very well that they are servants of the general public and not lord.

Police should stop brutality, oppression, threat to innocent citizen.

While the government should provide tool, equipment, life and disability life insurance, increase their salary 100% and provide housing for every service man and woman.

7 Likes

Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by authority2006(m): 6:22am On Oct 27, 2020
One of them who wants to remain anonymous said: “You people said soldiers are more civil than the police, we have now left you in the hands of soldiers. I don’t want to say more than this. ”

Another said: “I feel ashamed and unhappy to be called a policeman. No one is counting the number of policemen killed during this whole mess. Are we not human beings? Don’t we have the right to life?”

Police sources said the hoodlums did not spare female cops as a handful of them fell victims to their onslaught. One of them said: “We are mourning. We are in pain. They killed our men, our women, and even injured so many others. A lot of those injured are still in the hospital. It was not a pleasant experience.”

Since citizens and residents have declared war on them, let individuals protect themselves for now until the officers feel secure

2 Likes

Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by authority2006(m): 6:24am On Oct 27, 2020
Timurlane:

You summed them all up succinctly.

They should stay off the roads forever, bastards. People who need their services will go find them inside their stations, or call them out as required

You don't know what you are saying. They extort motorists, we all know that. But you have forgotten the consequences of the absence of the police on the road.

2 Likes

Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by AfroKnight: 6:27am On Oct 27, 2020
They are praying for criminals to take over. They want to prove a point. They want people to beg them to return to the streets. Crazy policemen.

2 Likes

Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 27, 2020
Ceenelly:
the security equipment and citizen data base Europe have does your country have it. Security is all about local

SO IT IS BETTER THOSE EQUIPMENTS ARE PURCHASED. IF WELL MANAGED NIGERIA CAN FARE BETTER THAN THOSE EUROPEAN COUNTRIES. VIRTUALLY EVERYTHING IS HERE. THE ONLY THING LACKING IS LEADERSHIP
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by EdiskyHarry: 6:30am On Oct 27, 2020
It's even good, because these policemen coordinates with arm robbers.
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by Confusedgirl869: 6:33am On Oct 27, 2020
MejiLoyon:
Back in the days ,way back police no full road na. Just one or two checkpoints and everywhere sweet. If them no dey road E good for me. No more happy weekend sir, Baba bless me, I go say make you park O.

Anyway this info no correct. Police full everywhere O. The road na their office na. If man no go office how he want take make money?
If police no dey road armed robbery go increase. Not by hoodlums but by them. For if them no get moral take control themselves during the day wey dem dey obtain in full glare imagine Wetin dem go dey do under the cover of darkness with their guns? Your guess is as good as mine
You are talking trash
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by Estellie: 6:34am On Oct 27, 2020
Wait oo! You burnt police stations not caring about their lives or jobs and now you're worried cause they deserted your roads??

Make I laugh small abeg

2 Likes

Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by Ceenelly(m): 6:34am On Oct 27, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

SO IT IS BETTER THOSE EQUIPMENTS ARE PURCHASED. IF WELL MANAGED NIGERIA CAN FARE BETTER THAN THOSE EUROPEAN COUNTRIES. VIRTUALLY EVERYTHING IS HERE. THE ONLY THING LACKING IS LEADERSHIP
yes Nigeria govt should stop playing politics with security equipment and correct and updated citizen data base, all these help in fighting insecurity.
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by Successmind(m): 6:37am On Oct 27, 2020
They need holiday.
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by Princedapace(m): 6:37am On Oct 27, 2020
MejiLoyon:
Back in the days ,way back police no full road na. Just one or two checkpoints and everywhere sweet. If them no dey road E good for me. No more happy weekend sir, Baba bless me, I go say make you park O.

Anyway this info no correct. Police full everywhere O. The road na their office na. If man no go office how he want take make money?
If police no dey road armed robbery go increase. Not by hoodlums but by them. For if them no get moral take control themselves during the day wey dem dey obtain in full glare imagine Wetin dem go dey do under the cover of darkness with their guns? Your guess is as good as mine

Mumu talk. Nigeria is the poverty of the world. Crime rate is high. It is normal for a country with such population and poverty.

Make we pray make we no experience what northerners have been experiencing for years now. Una better pray make una politicians do much to reduce poverty rate and control extreme population growth in Nigeria o. And above all, restructure Nigeria and grant more powers to the states or regions.
Hunger, high population, and illiteracy are dangerous combo for any country.

8 Likes

Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by dederocs(m): 6:39am On Oct 27, 2020
MejiLoyon:

Times have changed since then...it might be okay and safe for individuals, but not for businesses. It will take a while for the shock to wear out in the police.
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by ORIAYO70(m): 6:39am On Oct 27, 2020
personal59:
very funny

unbelievable, so Dem dey fear too.

I want them in strategic places and not road because they are rogues and thief's on road.

I remember one day while I was traveling to Ibadan from Lagos (immediately after covid lock down was lifted) I met nothing less than 30 check point and all dey do is collect at least 200 naira from commercial drivers and delay privates. no checking of papers or bus just pay and go and the hold up caused that dey was so much that it link up from one check point to another.

abeg make them just dey strategic places and their offices because they are terrible on the road.

Part of the road patrol led us here.

as for lastma they are worst than police just that they have no gun

no sympathy nor goodness in them.

With the stealing and the likes that take place in the country I just concluded the leaders are the true reflection of the followers.

we deserve them because so many people are just terrible and their religious group doesn't have any influence in them.

all are worldly not Godly.

No mind them jare, u r correct...then from Lagos to Ibadan Dem reach 1 million checking point....

Go to Ikorodu via Ijebu ode, more than 10 checking point...

Ijebu ode to Ibadan, make we no mention..

Mind you arm robbers still find their ways to rob irrespective of police check point..

Dos guys self in black attire Dem be thief
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by Estellie: 6:40am On Oct 27, 2020
authority2006:

You don't know what you are saying. They extort motorists, we all know that. But you have forgotten the consequences of the absence of the police on the road.
Don't mind these people.

I travelled through ph-ogoni road yesterday and I was soooo scared. That place ain't funny, no checkpoints again, before you'll usually see about 10 to15 checkpoints buh now we only came across 3 or so...
Even the driver was scared cause that road ain't safe one bit,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by nyiamfrank: 6:40am On Oct 27, 2020
So, police get value this whole time? don't panic
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by QuickStandard: 6:41am On Oct 27, 2020
Enough with the propaganda.
Who's panicking?

All the government-sponsored fear-mongering should stop.
Let police remain in their station.

Since the #EndSars. Our roads has been great. No more police harassment whatsoever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 27, 2020
U will force to come to ur senses at all cost *when wen one weeps one sees*, a Yoruba adage. In as much as police brutality and extortion should stop, we still need police more than any security agency.

Absent of police equal to lawlessness. And lawlessness =Anarchy

May we not experience the experience of Libya.
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by authority2006(m): 6:42am On Oct 27, 2020
Estellie:
Don't mind these people.

I travelled through ph-ogoni road yesterday and I was soooo scared. That place ain't funny, no checkpoints again, before you'll usually see about 10 to15 checkpoints buh now we only came across 3 or so...
Even the driver was scared cause that road ain't safe one bit,

If you don't want the police on the roads, the alternative is armed robbers and other criminals on the roads

2 Likes

Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by descarado: 6:44am On Oct 27, 2020
Ogas at the top strategizing to cash out from this. They can never change. Has Nigerians changed?
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by tammie24: 6:48am On Oct 27, 2020
E don dey sup small small
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by homosapien(m): 6:50am On Oct 27, 2020
authority2006:

Don't waste your time, the poster is so ignorant yet he believe himself to be the smartest person.

Imagine such ridiculous statement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by cardoctor(m): 6:51am On Oct 27, 2020
They got to be affected too.
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by dplores(m): 6:52am On Oct 27, 2020
I feel for them but let the policing system be restructured.

I don't see anything bad if a lowest ranked officer is been paid #150,000 to #200,000 as a basic salary.
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 27, 2020
they should employ new quality police officers with adequate training. and sack all dis Pot belle officers.
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by Djdeebrain(m): 6:54am On Oct 27, 2020
So fear sef dey una body? Do the work wey govt send una to do then hand no go touch una.
Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by AmeliaSymond(f): 6:55am On Oct 27, 2020
Relevant information and best selection of words really thanks for share it.
girlfriend collective discount code

Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by Algold: 6:57am On Oct 27, 2020
Una go hear word soon... I believe you are part of those shouting and chanting WE MOVE
. Thieves go soon move to your house, office
personal59:
very funny

unbelievable, so Dem dey fear too.

I want them in strategic places and not road because they are rogues and thief's on road.

I remember one day while I was traveling to Ibadan from Lagos (immediately after covid lock down was lifted) I met nothing less than 30 check point and all dey do is collect at least 200 naira from commercial drivers and delay privates. no checking of papers or bus just pay and go and the hold up caused that dey was so much that it link up from one check point to another.

abeg make them just dey strategic places and their offices because they are terrible on the road.

Part of the road patrol led us here.

as for lastma they are worst than police just that they have no gun

no sympathy nor goodness in them.

With the stealing and the likes that take place in the country I just concluded the leaders are the true reflection of the followers.

we deserve them because so many people are just terrible and their religious group doesn't have any influence in them.

all are worldly not Godly.

2 Likes

Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by ndizzle(m): 6:59am On Oct 27, 2020
Yesterday from Gwagwalada in abuja all the way to okene in kogi state, i couldn't see a single police officer. You only see 1 military checkpoint, 1 naval checkpoint and 3 vigilante checkpoints. Government should encourage the police to regain control of the various parts of the country before long.

2 Likes

Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by Reallv: 7:00am On Oct 27, 2020
Princedapace:

Mumu talk. Nigeria is the poverty of the world. Crime rate is high. It is normal for a country with such population and poverty.

Make we pray make we no experience what northerners have been experiencing for years now. Una better pray make una politicians do much to reduce poverty rate and control extreme population growth in Nigeria o. And above all, restructure Nigeria and grant more powers to the states or regions.
Hunger, high population, and illiteracy are dangerous combo for any country.
Na you just speak sense here

2 Likes

Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by Bluffly: 7:03am On Oct 27, 2020
They should stop patronising Nigerians. If they are not ready to carry out their constitutional duties they should not collect salary.

They do not know that when they were causing unimaginable deaths, collecting money to bail when bail is free, harassing citizens anyhow because they have the official guns.

Demoralise ko demorabeans ni

2 Likes

Re: Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads by ecomalchemist(m): 7:05am On Oct 27, 2020
Something needs to be done about this ASAP. Christmas is just around the corner and these hoodlums that forcefully stole arms from police stations won't let us sleep.

Went round berger - ikeja axis yesterday and I can tell you for a fact that the damage was massive.

From police stations, brt parks to ticketing booths.

LOOK AT THE MONSTERS YOU MADE NIGERIAN POLITICIANS.

Do you know over 20 million people are suffering from low blood pressure across Nigeria & most of them aren't even aware.

According to research, this number is calculated as 30.7% among men and 25.2% among women.

Get a fit pro smartwatch today to check your heart rate, blood and oxygen pressure in a cost effective way.

Check my signature

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You Didn’t Truly Campaign For Buhari, APC Tells Okorocha / Dino Melaye Still Walking Around Bourdillon Street In Lagos (Photo) / Tinubu To Lagosians: Be Calm, Maintain The Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.