Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters (48615 Views)

Another Set of BRT Buses Collide In Ikorodu, Passengers Injured (photos) / Passengers Stranded After Bus Conductor Runs Away With Money (video) / Passengers In Lagos Stranded As Fuel Suppliers Stop Service To BRT Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by TinubuGoQuench(f): 12:40pm On Oct 27, 2020
Ayotemide:

You are a sellout. Used to being kept quiet, hushed by empty and useless promises.

You are no visionary, only a well-placed coward.

Your government gunned down young people. That does not seem to concern you, but buses and property that they already have a ridiculous budget for.

Nothing compares to human life, Sellout.

SHUT UP!!!

EKPA!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by almarthins(m): 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2020
Amotolongbo:
I’m quite sure the Public transport drivers, agberos and bus conductors were the ones who burnt the BRTs cos of the competition it has been posing to them.

But na the Lagosians go suffelr am

90% na dem
Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by BRMN: 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2020
Lagos, with its chaos as usual. But Lagos will rise again. It's only a temporary setback.

Nigeria will surely bounce back. It's our time to shine.

Do you need a Professional Book Editor and Publisher to professionally edit and publish your books? Both ebooks and paperbacks publishing?

Then kindly check my banner below.

God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by vanbonattel: 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:
You still dey speak English. Ok na

Army provoke you, you go burn wetin go make life easy for you.

Your suffering go beat records
Are we not suffering since? The night is darkest just before dawn.

Divide Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by tamdun: 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2020
Abouwaza:

yes I did burn some of those buses after you and your lots were sent to kill us

are you okay now?
Noted
Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by airminem(f): 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2020
TinubuGoQuench:

SHUT UP!!!
slowpoke LIKE YOU WHO KEEP BRINGING BS THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC tongue FO.OL
Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by Samorobo2: 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2020
richie240:
Obviously Tinubu is also d owner of BRT too! cool

All ye SW sofisticos within our midst (Mr . falz and co) shebi una aiz don clear now!
Now ur "Endsars" that u myopicly joined d enemies of d state to birth has methamorphosized to "EndTinubu", " EndYorubaLeaders", and "End YorubaLand".

You didn't stop to ask, " what about 'EndOrjiKalu', 'EndIkpeazu', 'EndIBB' etc?
Eyahhhhhh....you've played into the hands of children of mischief!

Shame on all of u!
cool

Fool... Tribal bigot...How much are they paying U for this...I can triple that amount..
Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by naija1stnigar(m): 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2020
GamalNasser:
While I saw Tinubu inside a Range rover Sentinel... Anarchy and communism only makes things worse for the poor.. When I said Endsars should suspend the protest the day Govt disbanded Sars many called me a sellout but some of us are visionaries who can sight problems from a mile away
the continued protest is already and will continue to make more impact than when we immediately backout because govt can see for themselves that what we are agitating for is far more than police brutality.
Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by Coronavirus1: 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2020
If this Buhari regime were recorded in the Bible, it would have been written in the book of 3Kings Chapter 1:1-19 ; And I read.
1. And a good king reign over Nigeria. Goodluck the son of Ebele Jonathan from the city of Otueke, Bayelsa state, reigned for six years.
2. On his process to continue his good work, hatred started from the other sides of the nation, they tried everything by all means to unseat him as their leader.
3. Then many people of the nation started crying onto their gods saying, Oh! gods of our ancestors, come and take this Goodluck the son of Ebele Jonathan out of office for we have found our messiah, Buhari, the son of Mohammed from the city of Daura in Katsina
4. After the cries of the people against Goodluck, The Lord spoke to Goodluck, and said, Goodluck! Goodluck!! And he answered, my Lord, speak for thy servant heareth,
5. And the Lord said to him, do not resist to give power to that of their messiah for I'm going to do terrible things in the land of Nigeria through this Buhari, the son of Mohammed that will not be forgotten in the history of the world.
6. Then after the election, the messiah-Buhari loss the election but Goodluck still gave power to Buhari just to allow the word of God to be fulfilled
7. Then Buhari the son of Mohammed started reigning over his people; the first year of his regime ends with killings, hunger and suffering by the masses.
8. And he armed his Fulani kinsmen with weapons to kill the children of the Most High God, he did many evils to put thy Lord to anger.
9. In the second year of his regime, his evil acts got to heaven and God struck him with a life deadly disease, with all this sufferings.
10. A great Prophet Dino , the son of Israel Kanu from the city of Afara Ukwu Ibeku, Umuahia in Abia state arose from the East and demanded for the freedom of his people out of Nigeria, but with the foolishness of Buhari and his people, they acted wrongly to the sight of the Lord by lunching the Operation Python Dance in the home of Prophet Nnamdi.
11. And the anger of the Lord was kindle against Buhari that the Lord thy God set ambush called the Niger Delta avengers over the people of Buhari.
12. That the fled leaving behind their possessions of cows, goats and rams.
13. And the word of the Lord came unto the children of the most high saying, by this time next month, a cup of rice shall be sold #130, for the Lord shall harden the mind of Buhari to close the border leading to the country of Nigeria.
14. Now the city of Lagos was under siege that harmattan ceases to come out even unto the 17th day of December in the year 2019.
15. And the children of the most high cried unto the Lord day and night and the Lord thy God had mercy upon Nigeria.
16. Now there arose a great comedian out of the tribe of the Kalabari's in the city of Buguma that belonged to the land of Rivers state whose name is Julian.
17. Wherefore was the hands of the lord was upon Julian.
18. And he wrote, I salute you my brethren in the name of our God the father of all knowledge and understanding, peace be unto thy soul and thy lad and unto the increase of thy kind.
19. Seeth thou that there cometh a season in the year 2023 that thy people shall be voting to elect their leader, therefore pray and seek ye the face of the God of thine father to elect thee a better and a good leader that will reign over the children of the most high God.
I have a name
20. Another prophet comes calling saying hear my voices this day
A day is coming when Young's men will enter the homes of their rulers and take away their possessions, except they did the right thing
They did not listen to prophet Dino and all he said did came to pass.
21. And the lord said you have rule this nation for 60 years and nothing good have comes out and he said to the rulers I will take your place and give to the youth of this nation called Nigeria.
22. When the ruler's had what the Lord said he quickly gathered all the youth together in Lekki plaza to eliminate all the youth so that they can not take over the leadership.
23. And the youth resist the oppressors and began to burn the city down.
24.The youth now waiting for 2023 to take over leadership by voting all the old people out to retirement. Youth get your voters card ready to fulfill the word of the Lord

1 Like

Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by Cantonese: 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2020
vanbonattel:
The army caused this. Why did they provoke peaceful protesters by shooting them.

Na that army for meet you to give you well organised slap so you eyes go clear well. See your head like bitter kola.

2 Likes

Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by Edeyoung: 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2020
9jatriot:
Rather than admit their error, they have instead gone ahead to try to twist the narrative around.

Nonsense comment nonsense quote we are already suffering so lets just suffer it, so wen we have no were to run to we will come hunting people like you and the government
Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by lexy2014: 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2020
omenka:
Na wa ooo!!! Everyone else brings NEWS to nairaland, it's okay. Omenka brings news even without adding A SINGLE SENTENCE, he is trying to "insinuate" something.

Am I the author of the report?

Abeg crawl back into the hole from which you emerged. Dont have time to exchange words with uncouth little kids here. Why terrified about the news? Did you burn any of the buses? undecided

D headline from d newspaper story u referenced says "Lagos commuters stranded after BRT buses burnt". But ur own headline says something else. That's testament that u are trying to "insinuate something". D author of d story didn't say anything about protesters burning buses but u have added ur own twist to your headline in order to create d narrative that u want. And here u are asking:

"Am I the author of the report?"

If u no u aren't d author of d report, y did u create a headline different from that of d author of d report?
Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by Angelfrost(m): 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2020
People like Op are the reasons why this nation can't and won't move forward... Just look at your poorly thought out heading!!!

When did protesters burn buses??! Youths protested for over a week, and not a pin was touched anywhere in Nigeria, till your leaders colluded with non protesting lowlifes to demonize a peaceful protest, which backfired on them...

You people should stop being daft and embarrassing yourselves globally!!!... Protests are the right of the masses, and one of the last resorts in failed systems like Nigeria!!!...

Those buses and properties would still be intact if soldiers and security agents had safe guarded them well instead of killing unarmed protesters like blood thirsty imbeciles!!!...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by Rugaria: 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2020
Abouwaza:

anus is not brain

Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by Ezeego1(m): 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2020
And so?

Make we no drink water because of brt buses that were destroyed.

If another protest happens again more will be destroyed.

Thunder fire you the poster and buhari.
Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by Lastmankc(m): 12:43pm On Oct 27, 2020
But when I no say these guys that are burning all these government properties get sense,Nah when dem no burn NEPA office. I was surprise that PHCN office was not burnt through out the federation
Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by Basicend: 12:43pm On Oct 27, 2020
KunleyY19:
1 Marcopolo viale cost 120m... More than 50 were burnt all over lagos including the yet to be launched ones. Thats more than 6 billion naira.

I doubt if that will be the priority now. Thank God Oshodi interchange was spared.

Those boys know what they are doing bro. .

I passed through Oshodi yesterday not one single glass was broken in those massive interchange structures, neither any single bus or building destroyed.

In Oshodi which is even close to mushin. . Its a coordinated attack surely.

3 Likes

Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by millionboi2: 12:43pm On Oct 27, 2020
9jatriot:
Even a brain that contains only sawdust will see the foolishness of burning the new BRT buses. I still don't understand why those buses were burnt.

LASG should open a gofundme account so that those who donated towards the protest may also donate to rebuy some of those buses
abeg make we hear something,at least part of their loots will b used to replace it
Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by Ayotemide(f): 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2020
TinubuGoQuench:

SHUT UP!!!

EKPA!

I see you saying the same thing over and over on every post. You must be real stupid in real life, with nothing tangible to say.
Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by Sleekfingers: 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2020
[quote author=Amotolongbo post=95389911]I’m quite sure the Public transport drivers, agberos and bus conductors were the ones who burnt the BRTs cos of the competition it has been posing to them.

But na the Lagosians go suffer am [/quote

u are point......especially the terminal at oyingbo......a friend leaving at murtala mohammed rd in yaba, told me that those nurtw and yellow bus drivers were delighted....

1 Like

Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by Kobicove(m): 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2020
GamalNasser:
While I saw Tinubu inside a Range rover Sentinel... Anarchy and communism only makes things worse for the poor.. When I said Endsars should suspend the protest the day Govt disbanded Sars many called me a sellout but some of us are visionaries who can sight problems from a mile away

Most of them do not think logically

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by dederocs(m): 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2020
Big man no dey use ATM, big man no dey use BRT, it is completely useless destroying public infrastructure cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by Rugaria: 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2020
Angelfrost:
People like Op are the reasons why this nation can't and won't move forward... Just look at your poorly thought out heading!!!

When did protesters burn buses??! Youths protested for over a week, and not a pin was touched anywhere in Nigeria, till your leaders colluded with non protesting lowlifes to demonize a peaceful protest, which backfired on them...

You people should stop being daft and embarrassing yourselves globally!!!... Protests are the right of the masses, and one of the last resorts in failed systems like Nigeria!!!...

Those buses and properties would still be intact if soldiers and security agents had safe guarded them well instead of killing unarmed protesters like blood thirsty imbeciles!!!...

They know what they are doing... They just want to criminalize protests in the country by attaching so much evil to it. If they succeed, people will now be tolorating their misgovernance without any protestations...
Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 27, 2020
tamdun:
Noted
noted Mr Amotekun
Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:46pm On Oct 27, 2020
All you ppl talkin evil and supportin this carnage and wanton destruction here are demons in animal skin.You evil supporters are to live in mortuaries and cemeteries because you have lost the essence of human nature. till exitin this world. so go to where yu belong now!!!!
Dear human natured LAGOSIANS you must now pursue demons of destruction out of their midst,wht you suffer today is consequences prolong lockdown of prayer houses. angryWAKE UP NOW AND PRAY HARDER!

2 Likes

Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by Angelfrost(m): 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2020
vanbonattel:
The army caused this. Why did they provoke peaceful protesters by shooting them.

Please, be sensible sir... Peaceful protesters had no hand in what is being reported.

People who did those were not protesting!!! They were only interested in disrupting peace and enriching themselves!!!

Anarchists, along with their agents are not the same as peaceful protesters!!!... You all should quit being gullible, and stop helping your failed leaders promote this useless and weak narrative!!!

Instead of working hard to change their poor approach to leadership, they are busy demonizing protests!!! Smh.
Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by Jostoman: 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2020
Amotolongbo:
I’m quite sure the Public transport drivers, agberos and bus conductors were the ones who burnt the BRTs cos of the competition it has been posing to them.

But na the Lagosians go suffer am
it is a cordinated attack from those agbero guys.
Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by Excel3298: 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2020
[quote author=omenka post=95389714][/quote]

Huddlums burnt BRT buses not peaceful protesters.
Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by sammirano3: 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2020
You got what you deserve

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by Neddstark: 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2020
Amotolongbo:

But na the Lagosians go suffer am

Dont bet on that. You might be wrong. Lagos state assets all over were affected.

1 Like

Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by Asianjollof007: 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2020
GamalNasser:

Oshey visionary, ebora to n ri future!
Re: Commuters In Lagos Stranded After Burning Of BRT Buses By Protesters by Seunfretty: 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2020
They must be out of there senses....the lives of the pple lost were dey able to revive dem...if at this stage lagos state cant get insurance for tranpory vehicles they buy then they aint reasonable....and for those saying it serves dem right for protesting i wonder if u are really a Nigerian or lets say the state of the nation is just sóo nice and confortable for u ....well am sorry to shock u but a much intense mass protest might still loom in future ...the day those innocent souls were killed at lekki a battle has been drawn bfore the govt and the youth/Nigerians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dangote Truck Collides With Bus In Kogi, 13 People Burnt - Graphic Pics / 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria / Arinta Waterfalls, Ekiti State.(pictures/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.