Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General (57628 Views)

Jonathan Congratulates Okonjo-Iweala On Her New South African Appointment / Atiku On Course To Win, Buhari Should Pack His Bags – Fani-kayode / Jonathan Congratulates Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala On Her Twitter Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by Greatken007(m): 2:40pm On Oct 28, 2020
Oga go and hide your head in shame.
Koulture:
cry

Why are people jubilating over this appointment.

Will her appointment add any value to the Nigerian economy?

She was in charge of world bank, Nigeria finance ministry,what difference did it make?

What has she done over the years to better the lives of those in her village.

Lord knows I don't give a fvck about this appointment.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by Kennyswagz1(m): 2:41pm On Oct 28, 2020
Redcrafton:

Look at the deep criminal calling others criminals.

All the known rimes originated from you savages. Gbeomu gbeomu, 419, drug, Oulwole fraud, Jankara parts seeling, Shina RAmbo, Godogodo, credit card scam, etc, etc..Shame
don't let me start with you..
The number of your people in Asian prisons alone is enough to form a country grin grin
Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 28, 2020
Funkyswagzz:

Wow so u mean top officials sayin it are carrying fake news?

You mean top fake news officials from Nigeria.

Pls Nigeria news media get their news from AP or the BBC, if they are not reporting it, if the WTOis not reporting it, then it is fake news
Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by FanOfMyself: 2:42pm On Oct 28, 2020
Eriokanmi:

Yes
1- Dr. Akinwumi Adesina and
2- Dr. Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala

Jonathan would have been the best president Nigeria ever had, given all the opportunities surrounding him and huge resources (natural, human and material) at his disposal but he failed to harness them. He was such a lucky man but he messed up big time by abetting corruption. He taught his power and might would elect him into the second term in office but God proved Himself. This same woman warned him not to allow the likes of amaechi who was the then chairman of governor's forum ( and now one of the apc saints), from prevailing on squandering the excess crude money but Jonathan gave in then, we are where we are today. These are same people they're asking us to be hobnobbing with? Ko jooo. 2023 will be the end of the political empire of most of them.

I'm an Igbo man and I agree with your view.
Jonathan could have done better, I think he was actually trying to please the core north and be on their good books

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by winterfell007(m): 2:42pm On Oct 28, 2020
Mrquote:
Please i need to understand the rule of being the first to post a topic here because someone can't just come and close my thread and made his the front page.

That's the politics they play in nairaland. I know you must have been the very first to publish the story here in nairaland
Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by Mrquote: 2:42pm On Oct 28, 2020
Upti123:

You are right, that's what the rule says. Check the time this thread was created to yours and you will find the answer.
Ok
Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by Arkmanbuddy(m): 2:43pm On Oct 28, 2020
nnamdi640:

Abeg where is madam Kemi the super finance minister that took Buhari 6 months to appoint. I taught she will perform wonders unknown that she was a scammer just like Buhari that protested against Gej for increasing the price of fuel to #82 unknown to the people that he was just scamming them

Baba, both GEJ and PMB have failed the people. Don't let us start acting like Jonathan was a saint in office, the stealing that took place in his time was unbelievable too. Let's be guided.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by Sulogy2255: 2:44pm On Oct 28, 2020
Naija to the world. congratulation ma ���
Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by Adakintroy: 2:45pm On Oct 28, 2020
Nija youth can't Chanel thier rage properly. Like we will buy next election form for you with our personal donated funds.

This kind of person nai be president for change and reform. No be to burn things down.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by Muna4real(f): 2:46pm On Oct 28, 2020
humilitypays:
Nonsense, our own Kemi Adeosun that was appointed UK Central Bank Chairwoman and we Omoluabis didn't even make any noise about it.

This is what I hate about Igbos, they make noise a lot like they are the only successful people. We have produced 2 Presidents in Nigeria and will produce another President come 2023, Igbos can all relocate to Europe and America and go and rule there, they can never be President of Nigeria, nonsense angry angry

Did we stop you from celebrating your own kemi? When has it become a sin to blow your trumpet bikonu?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by Chuksmonika(m): 2:46pm On Oct 28, 2020
ibedun:

Yo are delusional!
on the contrary, i think you are the one who is.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by nnamdi640: 2:48pm On Oct 28, 2020
Arkmanbuddy:

Baba, both GEJ and PMB have failed the people. Don't let us start acting like Jonathan was a saint in office, the stealing that took place in his time was unbelievable too. Let's be guided.
The looting is massive now to the point of hoarding palliatives in order to resell it. The most painful side of this regime is that people are suffering alot
Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by EMMY76: 2:48pm On Oct 28, 2020
How true is this I thought it's in early November that they are going to announce the official winner why not wait till then anything can still happen?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by YenYo: 2:50pm On Oct 28, 2020
If Nigeria were a decent country,isn't Okonjo suppose to be the President while Buhari the chief security guard of aso rock undecided

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by fergie001: 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2020
EMMY76:
How true is this I thought it's in early November that they are going to make the announcement officially why not wait till then anything can still happen?
The thread has been adjusted.

We are awaiting the info from official quarters.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by Olabamiji509: 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2020
All jonathan callibre are high ranking..
Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by ezenwaforj: 2:52pm On Oct 28, 2020
Despite all the smear campaign against this woman by some tribal haters ,she still shines at a global stage.Congrats to OCHIENWANYI
Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by Senatoraku: 2:53pm On Oct 28, 2020
congratulations Man on your new appointment.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by Dawnofhope: 2:53pm On Oct 28, 2020
I'm glad and Proud of her . God bless her and may God continue guide her.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by descarado: 2:56pm On Oct 28, 2020
obailala:
Tired of what exactly?... The truth?

Someone mentioned that NOI was being accused of being clueless, but that's a senseless and pointless accusation.... I'll repeat for emphasis, NOI and the other appointees were not the cluesless ones, Jonathan was.

NOI is a world class economic bulldog; that explains why she was able to achieve all she achieved for Nigeria under OBJ (despite lower oil prices and other extenuating circumstances). But unfortunately, when the same NOI served under GEJ, despite much higher oil prices and national income, the debts Nigeria cleared under OBJ jumped to over $60bn with virtually no savings, no visible infrastructural projects, etc... When oil still even sold for $65, things got tight and NOI had to borrow to pay salaries in early 2015. To any discerning person, NOI was obviously not the problem.

I hope all the past presidents, heads of state, governors and politicians performed outstandingly well.
At least thats whu nigeria has been moving forward since independence.
I no dey for long grammar
Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by Kennyswagz1(m): 2:59pm On Oct 28, 2020
Who changed the title ? grin grin
cc Redcrafton grin grin
Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by Mrquote: 2:59pm On Oct 28, 2020
Upti123:

You are right, that's what the rule says. Check the time this thread was created to yours and you will find the answer.
Ok saw it just now sorry.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by Maobichek: 3:00pm On Oct 28, 2020
1mrprolific7:
shocked

Igbo Amaka.
A sad day for ndi ofe mmanu na-ose and Fulani terrorist.

grin

I encourage you to stop this, it won't help you. If you are Igbo, I'm from Aba. I encourage you to travel and you will see good and bad people in all parts of Nigeria, thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by matm: 3:00pm On Oct 28, 2020
Has anyone observed Okonjo Iweala's native dressing even when on international function?Always unique and different irrespective of her widest exposure.Always identifies and showcases our native mode of dressing which most of our women are abandoning for foreign mode of dressing like wearing of trouser and mini skirt.Her dressing alone speaks volumes,showing she is really a mother with sound native home training.This woman has refused to submit to foreign influences to the detriment of our culture just as the western women would never drop their culture for ours.Ngozi u are a real role model.U are a blessing .No wonder u won.God is ur strength.Tk u.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by Oludara202: 3:00pm On Oct 28, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
She is a puppet for western countries and also it is FAKE NEWS.

ONLY NIGERIAN PRESS ARE CARRYING THIS NEWS

Journalism in Nigeria is Dead

November 6 is the final selection

People are merely followers, i can see cleary why many believe in so called lekki massacre. The people dont research, fact check or even think.

GOD GAVE US BRAIN TO USE, LET'S USE IT WISELY.

We know that there is no formal announcement, But you kinda sound bitter. If we can’t wish them well just let them be.

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-54715891?fbclid=IwAR10uGRTd68RbPWSf93652MHwAZtLE6sWstFZyXz2kNPbVDzbaPg9236PG0
Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by winterfell007(m): 3:01pm On Oct 28, 2020
onlysose:
Thanks to PMB for nominating an Ibo woman for one of the most powerful sits in the world

That wasn't PMB's choice in the first place, left to him, he'll play his nepotic cards as usual and select only his futa-jallon brothers he trust, if not for the timely intervention of his Chief of Staff that talked some sense into him
Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by Oludara202: 3:06pm On Oct 28, 2020
So disappointed with the comments I see here.
Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa if you cannot support one another why not let them be.
Must we always show our hatred and tribalism?
If the youths cannot get it right in that direction then who will?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by winterfell007(m): 3:07pm On Oct 28, 2020
TheMostComplex1:

Her achievements is a victory to Nigeria not only Igbos.

Welldone for correcting him
Learn to stop taking these Igbo and yoruba online tribal champions seriously. They're completely myopic and hopelessly deluded. I stop taking them seriously since 2018.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by winterfell007(m): 3:09pm On Oct 28, 2020
nograv:

Sharrap

Yoruba and Igbos BUILD

Hausa and Fulani DESTROY

FULL STOP

Name one Hausa/Fulani in an internationally prominent position aboard..??

You are great need of psychiatric evaluation. It's obvious you're sick. Stop infecting others your sickness undecided undecided
Re: Okonjo-Iweala On Course To Emerge World Trade Organisation's Director General by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 28, 2020
Oludara202:

We know that there is no formal announcement, But you kinda sound bitter. If we can’t wish them well just let them be.

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-54715891?fbclid=IwAR10uGRTd68RbPWSf93652MHwAZtLE6sWstFZyXz2kNPbVDzbaPg9236PG0

It is politics not wishing people well

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

El-Rufai’s Aide, Hafiz Bayero Involved In Accident On Abuja-Kaduna Highway / Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) / Uche Secondus Kneels Down And Prays Every Morning In His Office (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.