Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,454 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid (28206 Views)

Iman Of Peace:buhari Asked Chad To Stop Killing Boko Haram. / Boko Haram Cut Off Maiduguri From Power grid / 2019: IDPs in Niger, Chad to vote, says INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by TheManOfPeace: 11:47am On Oct 29, 2020
shadeyinka:

Of course, we don't understand the benefits of having your children hungry at home while you do "Father Christmas" with the remaining scarce resources you have.

Wisdom indeed

Why do you tend to hate seeing things positively?, It is bad for your mental health. Be optimistic.
Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by shadeyinka(m): 11:57am On Oct 29, 2020
TheManOfPeace:

Why do you tend to hate seeing things positively?, It is bad for your mental health. Be optimistic.
I am actually very very optimistic of the culmination of stupidity exhibited by this set of people who manage the resources of this nation.

On a serious note, what do you expect me to feel. I live in Gwagwalada, I have electricity a maximum of 3 time a week and each one not exceeding 6hours. Now what tenneable excuse would suffice that there is wisdom in giving my electricity power to another country while I wait for Siemens to conclude there work in 2039?

I am indeed very optimistic...I am positively looking forward to 2039 for everyday electric power supply to my residence

1 Like

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by Mypeople2(m): 12:02pm On Oct 29, 2020
Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by TheManOfPeace: 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2020
shadeyinka:

I am actually very very optimistic of the culmination of stupidity exhibited by this set of people who manage the resources of this nation.

On a serious note, what do you expect me to feel. I live in Gwagwalada, I have electricity a maximum of 3 time a week and each one not exceeding 6hours. Now what tenneable excuse would suffice that there is wisdom in giving my electricity power to another country while I wait for Siemens to conclude there work in 2039?

I am indeed very optimistic...I am positively looking forward to 2039 for everyday electric power supply to my residence

I understand what you're trying to say, Im not saying you're wrong.

But have faith in God that the future will be better, you will be rewarded for that. I am sorry that we have bad leaders, but I have faith that Nigeria will become better, Insha Allah.

Brother, instead of us to blame and condemn, why don't we pray. Nothing has power over God, and only God can give power.

In any situation, have faith in God, and say Alhamdulilah ( praises be to God ).
Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by shadeyinka(m): 12:21pm On Oct 29, 2020
TheManOfPeace:

I understand what you're trying to say, Im not saying you're wrong.

But have faith in God that the future will be better, you will be rewarded for that. I am sorry that we have bad leaders, but I have faith that Nigeria will become better, Insha Allah.

Brother, instead of us to blame and condemn, why don't we pray. Nothing has power over God, and only God can give power.

In any situation, have faith in God, and say Alhamdulilah ( praises be to God ).
I understand you. Yes we can pray but silence sometimes means agreement with the evil system.

Nigeria will be great only after God removes the evil virus that plague us and our leadership. It's all about the god of money: once it speaks our leaders bow good judgement, justice, fairness and righteousness!
I don't know how much Niger has paid somebody with authority

1 Like

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by wink2015(m): 12:44pm On Oct 29, 2020
FULANIZATION is on course.

Federal government has taken chinese loans to draw railway lines to Maradi, Niger republic.

Now they are drawing our scarce electricity to Chad republic.

They are also working on the Water resources bill.
Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by TheManOfPeace: 12:46pm On Oct 29, 2020
shadeyinka:

I understand you. Yes we can pray but silence sometimes means agreement with the evil system.

Nigeria will be great only after God removes the evil virus that plague us and our leadership. It's all about the god of money: once it speaks our leaders bow good judgement, justice, fairness and righteousness!
I don't know how much Niger has paid somebody with authority

Yes, we have to pray for them to change!, But power has limit, death time is uncertain, the president can fall and die at anytime.

But one thing we should know is that it is Only our government that can help us sincerely. We should pray, obey and comply. And insha Allah we will start seeing changes.

our problem in this country is that everyone thinks he is right, no one will admit being wrong. What happens when two opposite forces collide?, Friction!, Damage will occur, but when things are elastic and not rigid, we tend to move accordingly and movements will go well.

����, Alhamdulilah, anyways, I really love my country.
Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by shadeyinka(m): 12:59pm On Oct 29, 2020
TheManOfPeace:

Yes, we have to pray for them to change!, But power has limit, death time is uncertain, the president can fall and die at anytime.

But one thing we should know is that it is Only our government that can help us sincerely. We should pray, obey and comply. And insha Allah we will start seeing changes.

our problem in this country is that everyone thinks he is right, no one will admit being wrong. What happens when two opposite forces collide?, Friction!, Damage will occur, but when things are elastic and not rigid, we tend to move accordingly and movements will go well.

����, Alhamdulilah, anyways, I really love my country.
Those who love this country are praying for her good. But the country is in the hands of evil selfish people. Out prayers should include that God removes them from power and that God brings lovers of good and righteousness to govern us. As per those in charge now, we know them: they are beyond redemption!
Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by Blue3k(m): 2:54pm On Oct 29, 2020
Coronabirus:
It's pity u dnt understand the reason behind this connection. Nigeria is using River Niger to generate power in kainji which has its source from other countries, they'll not construct dam for irrigation to avoid obstructing the generation and part of the then deal is to connect those countries with the power generated.
Please use current Egypt-Ethiopia tension which may escalate to war; Egypt is using Nile River for irrigation and has the largest irrigation system in the world, now Ethiopia is constructing dam which may hinder Egypt's irrigation system and they're already at cold war.
Many educated Nigerians have zero knowledge of governance and international relations that's why we always embarass ourselves in our comments including the well educated ones.
blacknp:

The Niger River is shared by nine countries in West and Central Africa, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Côte d'Ivoire, Guinea, Mali, Niger, and Nigeria, Nigeria is obligated to provide those Countries that request electricity at international standard price, so that they don’t dam the River Niger again for electricity & irrigation, Egypt is presently having a problem with Ethiopia for it building a dam on the River Nile.

Providing power doesn't stop them from building dams upstream if they want to. Niger Republic is constructing Kandadji Dam. Do you guys know why Nigeria hasnt said anything about it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by Emanodimo(m): 3:16pm On Oct 29, 2020
fineboynl:
buhari is already preparing for war against Nigerian oh,. making amend and pleasing the neighbors, train connecting to Nigeria and Chad, he really have a bad advisers. all of a sudden the West Africans have paid Nigeria their electricity debt and now magically they are generating 13,000 megawatts of electricity to supply Chad.

This is a moment to write I am tired of this PMB Administration, infact the Nigeria Govt.
Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by Emanodimo(m): 3:34pm On Oct 29, 2020
Blue3k:

Providing power doesn't stop them from building dams upstream if they want to. Niger Republic is constructing Kandadji Dam. Do you guys know why Nigeria hasnt said anything about it?

Well said, arguable there must have been an agreement as pointed out by you.

According to your map, the R.Niger doesn't pass through Cameroun rather flow into the sea.

But, how is Cameroun also a beneficiary?
Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by Blue3k(m): 4:04pm On Oct 29, 2020
Emanodimo:

Well said, arguable there must have been an agreement as pointed out by you.

According to your map, the R.Niger doesn't pass through Cameroun rather flow into the sea.

But, how is Cameroun also a beneficiary?

Cameroon shouldnt be included the river niger doesn't flow there. Besides wouldnt tyey be exporting power to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by Seunelvis(m): 4:11pm On Oct 29, 2020
firefox4th:

the sensible one, spotted !!!
Nairaland is now full of dimwits !!!

I swear bro, one thing I have noticed is people just want to complain before reasoning. So far it is BUHARI government it is negative.

2 Likes

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by edonks1: 5:34pm On Oct 29, 2020
That is why we are talking of regional government or resource control. We don't have electricity to start our business but giving it free to a brotherly nation. Our MUMU don reach
Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by Dayoebe(m): 5:46pm On Oct 29, 2020
Topmaike007:
we get enough power supply na distribution channel we no get

Shey nepa light dey your area right now

Cos for my side, we only enjoy electricity for 4hours in a day (24hours)
Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by Topmaike007(m): 5:57pm On Oct 29, 2020
Dayoebe:

Shey nepa light dey your area right now

Cos for my side, we only enjoy electricity for 4hours in a day (24hours)
oga dem just carry the one for here..

Even for my hometown Afikpo North light no dey for almost 4-5 months now oo.. Even I run commot dia when I go there for Burial early this month
Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by Reference(m): 7:29pm On Oct 29, 2020
In sane countries the government cannot unilaterally take such actions without the approval of its citizens via the legislature because this has far reaching, multi-faceted consequences for years, decades and perhaps generations to come. Such a decision cannot be left effectively to one man, perhaps acting impulsively.

We have seen the effects of indiscriminate signing of thought less contracts and agreements with foreign companies, institutions and nations. We as a people should be part of this and should debate it properly to prise out the facts and fine prints and expose any shady dealing so that if it goes sour in the future we can say we were part of the decision and so will collectively bear the consequences.

That is how qualitative nations run.
Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:28pm On Oct 29, 2020
This people don come again. Which debt are they paying with light wey we no get?
That's how one day they will connect China to Niger Delta oil.

1 Like

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by ThatReporterz: 8:50pm On Oct 29, 2020
Mysticwebb:
Instead of improving our transmission and distribution network to enhance electricity supply to the citizens they chose to bring in another country to tap
Joel Osteen Sermons the grossly inadequate power we get.
Until we start to make these people accountable for their deeds, they won't stop to mess with us.

Only in Nigeria
Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by oshionelecky: 10:21pm On Oct 29, 2020
Mysticwebb:
Instead of improving our transmission and distribution network to enhance electricity supply to the citizens they chose to bring in another country to tap the grossly inadequate power we get.
Until we start to make these people accountable for their deeds, they won't stop to mess with us.

And you don't know that PDP sold distribution rights to the Discos we have scattered all over.

Until Nigeria succeeds in reclaiming those rights back as Buhari attempted not too long ago, we go nowhere.

Sebi una say PDP good. Well, don't get me wrong I am not even APC.
Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by femmical(m): 11:47pm On Oct 29, 2020
So called president buhari is gradually preparing to go back home... grin grin cheesy
Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by kennyaati(m): 2:25am On Oct 30, 2020
Hmmmmn... na wa oh
Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by jojothaiv(m): 1:50pm On Oct 30, 2020
Much of Nigeria's generated electricity remain unused because the country is not able to distribute it as a result of poor transmission and distribution network, which has prompted it to sell to neighbouring countries.

See satire abeg....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Akeredolu Commissions 20 Patrol Vehicles To Boost Amotekun Operations (photos) / Lagos State Government Reverts Public Holiday To Two Days / President Buhari In Close Door Meeting With Simon Lalong (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.