Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid (28196 Views)

Iman Of Peace:buhari Asked Chad To Stop Killing Boko Haram. / Boko Haram Cut Off Maiduguri From Power grid / 2019: IDPs in Niger, Chad to vote, says INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:12am On Oct 29, 2020
Blue3k:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/10/28/fg-to-connect-chad-to-national-power-grid/

which grid is these people connecting to ?

in which world is aso rock cabal living in??

1 Like

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by k777(m): 4:13am On Oct 29, 2020
We need to start this country ALL OVER!!

3 Likes

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by parkervero(m): 4:13am On Oct 29, 2020
Nigeria has problems, honestly. Why can't they work on fixing the distribution challenges rather than telling us stories.
So, there are still unused electricity when we live in darkness. Nigeria is a joke.

6 Likes

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by showafrica(m): 4:15am On Oct 29, 2020
This country is cursed... The whole thing sounds like bribe self or blackmail. Nnamdi Kanu pls continue, everybody must be free, this kind slavery is award winning.

7 Likes

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by Donjuan77: 4:17am On Oct 29, 2020
you never fit feed yourself belleful and you won carry follow you say you won feedam too

3 Likes

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by sulaak(m): 4:28am On Oct 29, 2020
Blue3k:

I think the government is taking your advice. The deal with Siemens is supposed to improve the distribution network.

I don't trust a deal that has no concrete strategy, how will Nigeria fund the Siemens deal and how much will it cost?

The deal agreed to last year requires Siemens to boost transmission capacity, to 25,000 megawatts by 2025, from 4,500 megawatts. That will help end incessant outages and ensure the inclusion of about a third of the population of more than 200 million people now excluded from the grid.

Siemens plans to implement the project in phases, starting with the initial phase of resolving current inefficiencies in distribution and transmission while upgrading capacity to 7,000 megawatts. The second phase will target 11,000 megawatts.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-08-12/siemens-overhaul-of-nigerian-power-grid-draws-private-investors
Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by Jabioro: 4:31am On Oct 29, 2020
The foolish government identified the problem but can not retfied it but choose to sell what belong to her citizen..Ogun loma payin

2 Likes

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by Godpikin4real(f): 4:36am On Oct 29, 2020
Realy? And we can boast of 24 hrs uninterrupted power supply. I wonder who their advisers are.

4 Likes

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by Dayoebe(m): 4:41am On Oct 29, 2020
Lets assume this is a fake news. Because no sane person will think of giving out what he doesn't have.

Nigerian has been suffering from epileptic power supply from time immemorial, yet government deem it fit to sell it out to other countries just to fattened their purse.

and rubber stamped senators will fold their hands waiting for order from above.

Thunder fire the government

3 Likes

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by DonroxyII: 4:52am On Oct 29, 2020
fineboynl:
buhari is already preparing for war oh against Nigerian,. making amend and pleasing the neighbors he really have a bad advisers. all if a sudden the West Africans have paid Nigeria their electricity debt and magically they are generating 13,000 megawatts of electricity to supply Chad.
You are getting it ... add this to Train connection between Nigeria and Niger ... We all go dey alright for anyhow that says they don't know what they are doing .... Even if you bring from them their elite, it's still the same economic and political direction ... It's the other part that doesn't know what they are doing and laslas.... when the future matured , you will know you are all ill prepared..... The other parts should keep scamming, spending and wasting their future's resources!!

2 Likes

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by gambia(m): 4:52am On Oct 29, 2020
Sometimes I wonder if the news coming from Aso rock are fake, this country is messed up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by Coldie(m): 4:53am On Oct 29, 2020
Nice move. It would increase our international ratings. But I thought the entrance into Chad from Nigeria is blocked due to insurgency in the lake chad region
Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by Nobody: 5:04am On Oct 29, 2020
Lol... Wahala dey this country oh...

For the past two months no light for my area...

If dem nor restructure Nigeria, we are going nowhere

5 Likes

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by Jack005(m): 5:04am On Oct 29, 2020
Useless government.

5 Likes

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by Jack005(m): 5:05am On Oct 29, 2020
Coldie:
Nice move. It would increase our international ratings. But I thought the entrance into Chad from Nigeria is blocked due to insurgency in the lake chad region
Trash!!

1 Like

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by BigBizzy(m): 5:08am On Oct 29, 2020
I no get light, I dey still pay mumu bills....why not satisfy us first na

4 Likes

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by tubolancer(m): 5:12am On Oct 29, 2020
I have lived in this country for more than forty- years, but I don't understand any government. I pity generation born and unborn, the future is bleak.

6 Likes

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by Nobody: 5:23am On Oct 29, 2020
Coldie:

The same way the entrance from niger was blocked and we are building a train to facilitate movement....

I mean, what the hell is going on in this country

6 Likes

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by Brushstrokes20: 5:24am On Oct 29, 2020
Pathetic! Nig urgently needs a president!

1 Like

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by rossoki: 5:26am On Oct 29, 2020
For Nigeria to transform its distribution sector, it will cost billions of dollars.

Selling excess power to countries that need it is actually a great way to raise the funds to pay for the building of our distribution infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by rossoki: 5:28am On Oct 29, 2020
x
Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by orisa37: 5:32am On Oct 29, 2020
NIGERIA IS UNDERFED AND UNDERNOURISHED AND IS FEEDING OTHERS (CHAD WITH ELECTRICITY: NIGER REPUBLIC WITH RAILWAYS YANFU YANFU)

1 Like

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by Coldie(m): 5:35am On Oct 29, 2020
igbosoupkitchen:

The same way the entrance from niger was blocked and we are building a train to facilitate movement....

I mean, what the hell is going on in this country
The pH Maiduguri rail will be connected to chad soon while Lagos kano rail will connect to niger
Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by ayenale1(m): 5:42am On Oct 29, 2020
"Much of Nigeria's generated electricity remain unused because the country is not able to distribute it as a result of poor transmission and distribution network, which has prompted it to sell to neighbouring countries"...this statement irritates me badly

1 Like

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by alphaRego01(m): 5:43am On Oct 29, 2020
See life.
U leave de wahala for ur head,go de solve another person own.
Clueless people all of dem

U sure say most of dis our leaders are core nigerians ni?

6 Likes

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by Folzye(m): 5:53am On Oct 29, 2020
Nigeria is the only country in the world that present its best self to foreign Nations and bastardize its people, this singular act has damaged the mentality of an average Nigerian.

We can not continue this way else the country will just end one day.

4 Likes

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by fombadi: 5:55am On Oct 29, 2020
Nigeria politicians are evil.

1 Like

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by favour32(m): 6:04am On Oct 29, 2020
IduNaOba:
angry grin
My joy is that I never voted Buhari in 2015 and Bubril in 2019.
Ndigbo can boldly say that we didn't partake in foisting this calamitous calamity presiding over the affairs of Nigeria in the person of the vegetable himself
The dullard in chief
The only Bubril 1
Incompetence certified
Nepotistic bigot 1
97 /5 % crooner
If you know him click like
If you didn't help bring him to power clikc share
#Endsars hashtag is just a tip of the iceberg.
Sooner or later the South will be one.

1 Like

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by wildernessVoice: 6:07am On Oct 29, 2020
And we hardly have power supply here in my Area council of FCT

2 Likes

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by MSesan: 6:08am On Oct 29, 2020
Something that never reach us undecided
E be like say craze dey these people head... Uhn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by Goodman247: 6:09am On Oct 29, 2020
You have not yet feed yourself you want to feed others, senseless country.

1 Like

Re: Govt To Connect Chad To National Power Grid by 0taPiaPia(m): 6:17am On Oct 29, 2020
Haven't seen light for 5 straight days.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023: Osinbajo, Not FEC, Stood Down Amaechi’s Security Memo - New Telegraph / Femi Fani-kayode Changes Name To Femi Olukayode / Stop The Hypocrisy: Ukraine Treated Black Africans Better Than South Africa Did!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.