Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,151 members, 7,842,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South (6041 Views)

2023: Is The Coast Now Clear For Osinbajo-tinubu Battle? / "The Language Is Now Clear For Everyone To Understand" - Bashir Ahmad / Biggest Lie Ever Told - The North Feeds Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by Dartilo(m): 3:22pm On Oct 29, 2020
Naija too dey play sentiment for everything, I ve a question for our Northerners, before the coming together of all unit called Nigeria how did the southerners survive?
North produces food but there is a high rate of malnutrition, Have u ever seen anything like malnutrition or hunger in the south... Western Nigeria was known for Cocoa in the world before the tragic fall of Nigeria,Midwest was known for it oil plantation and timber,Eastern Nigeria has his own in term of cocoa yam,palm oil,cassava.North for sure was mainly Groundnut...

To the Northerners..
Do you think rice don't grow over here in south, haven't you heard of Ekpoma rice or Opuji rice,even in Auchi here in Edo,what about Abakiliki rice...
What about tomatoes or garden egg they r been planted here in Benin no jokes but not in large quantity...

Let's b sincere those crop that r cultivated in the north has a large support base from fertiliser bought with ND money and r being subsidise to the Northerners, have u heard from any part in south where they apply fertiliser to grow crop or practice irrigation, we r naturally bless with the soil...Malaysia and Singapore r among top biggest economy in Asia and in the world at large their major source of revenue is palm oil and they came to Nigeria to collect seedlings from Nifor when I said Nigeria I mean the south especially old bendel...

We r here to complement each others
Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by History555: 3:29pm On Oct 29, 2020
NNEWIsuper:
From recent events about the #EndSARS saga and its aftermath food shortage and hike in price in the south, is now clear that the southerners largely depend on the north for 98% of its food supply.. That's really pathetic, yet they're lands for arable farming in the south better than the north.

Pathetic to say the least!

Nonsense write up.

Is cassava for garri and fufu from the north

Have you not heard of onitsha yams

Is ugwu, melon, uziza, palm oil, cocoyams, bitter leaf, okro, periwinkle from the north

Is banana, plantain, coconut, from the north

Are there no rice mills in anambra, ebonyi, imo

Are there no fish ponds in the south, poultry farms where they rear chicken and turkey.

Are people not rearing goats, pigs in the south

Those who like dog meat, are the dogs from the north

What of corn, pear, are these not grown in the south

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by NNEWIsuper: 3:31pm On Oct 29, 2020
History555:

Nonsense write up.

Is cassava for garri and fufu from the north

Have you not heard of onitsha yams

Is ugwu, melon, uziza, palm oil, cocoyams, bitter leaf, okro, periwinkle from the north

Is banana, plantain, coconut, from the north

Are there no rice mills in anambra, ebonyi, imo

Are there no fish ponds in the south, poultry farms where they rear chicken and turkey.

Are people not rearing goats, pigs in the south

Those who like dog meat, are the dogs from the north

What of corn, pear, are these not grown in the south
No vex sir.. My concern was just the onions.. I'm surprised onions isn't farmed in the south
Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by ggood: 3:33pm On Oct 29, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
out side Lagos which southern city can compare to kano in term of money ?oppurntiies,trade ,commerce ,infasturture,industries....kano was a leading city and already with international airports when u people where still using leaves as cloths
apart from Kano which Northern state can compete with Kano ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by tartar9(m): 3:43pm On Oct 29, 2020
omoharry:
I beg to defer with you on that .The south is the one feeding the North..thier leaders receive free money from the proceeds of the oil from the south , that is why they are Lazy.
On the other hand, the North makes available a bulk of the agricultural produce in Nigeria , which the South purchase with thier money and everyone is happy.
The North has never fed the south for free at any point in time in the history of Nigeria .
Are they supposed to feed you for free from their sweat and toil which could take years to harvest undecided
And stop using South,it's Niger Delta oil money, something which they literally do not work for.
The same ND oil is the main source of revenue to all other parts of the country. So I wonder why you guys are so fixated on the North.

1 Like

Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by tartar9(m): 3:48pm On Oct 29, 2020
fineboynl:
even Edo state IGR is bigger than. Kano. stop over hyping Kano. and stop promoting poverty and population as a yardstick of receiving large Grant from federal government.
Kano's IGR is bigger than Edo
Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by Edeyoung: 3:49pm On Oct 29, 2020
tartar9:

Are they supposed to feed you for free from their sweat and toil which could take years to harvest undecided
And stop using South,it's Niger Delta oil money, something which they literally do not work for.
The same ND oil is the main source of revenue to all other parts of the country. So I wonder why you guys are so fixated on the North.

Just like saying saudi arabia dont work for their oil so they are lazy... Aboki would never seize to amuse me
Even if we dont work for it, is it for you, why are they giving you guys the money for free, why don't you guys give us what you farm for free

You guys cant even it our farm produce because it is too expensive for you guys to buy unlike the way we comfortablely by yours
Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by Edeyoung: 3:50pm On Oct 29, 2020
tartar9:

Kano's IGR is bigger than Edo

That happend to be recently, not on the previous years
Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by ahiboilandgas: 3:50pm On Oct 29, 2020
ggood:
apart from Kano which Northern state can compete with Kano ?
kaduna , can compet with ogun ....interms of everthing.....infact ogun airports is dead while k.d is working and Ethiopia air come ....
Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by DMerciful(m): 3:53pm On Oct 29, 2020
Let's settle this once and for all, let's restructure the country to true federalism including full resource control or separate entirely. This proud North will turn to Niger Republic within 10yrs undecided
Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by OAUTemitayo: 4:02pm On Oct 29, 2020
Kyase:

This one go just seat dey yearn rubbish.

Lagos cannot match Kano in commercial activities.

Center for commerce
Pass me the weed bro.
This one pass hallucination
Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by ahiboilandgas: 4:11pm On Oct 29, 2020
DMerciful:
Let's settle this once and for all, let's restructure the country to true federalism including full resource control or separate entirely. This proud North will turn to Niger Republic within 10yrs undecided
abia will turn to new york i swear...

1 Like

Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by omoharry(f): 4:11pm On Oct 29, 2020
tartar9:

I am from the ND.I am fixated on the north becos you guys are arrogant and a leech on the south .
Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by ahiboilandgas: 4:13pm On Oct 29, 2020
omoharry:
I am from the ND.I am fixated on the north becos you guys are arrogant and a leech on the south .
I hope u are related to wike ,amechi and co and enjoying go u no be suffered head Nd citizen...cos now and after resource control.suffer head will still be suffer head ...
Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by tartar9(m): 4:13pm On Oct 29, 2020
omoharry:
Edeyoung:

Just like saying saudi arabia dont work for their oil so they are lazy... Aboki would never seize to amuse me
Even if we dont work for it, is it for you, why are they giving you guys the money for free, why don't you guys give us what you farm for free

You guys cant even it our farm produce because it is too expensive for you guys to buy unlike the way we comfortablely by yours
First of all,I'm not from a Northerner.
I didn't say anything about laziness,but the fact remains you don't work for it. Do you expect someone who toils in his farm day and night under hot sun to start giving you his produce for free. So stop the comparison.
And again,why are you guys fixated on the North? Are they the only ones the oil money gets to? As an example,do you know that the South East's government is more dependent on federal allocation than any other region? Do you know that Lagos and Abuja are the only sustainable states in the country. So why is your fixation always on the North undecided as if they're the only ones "chopping" your oil money.
Even the people who 3 million of them died like fowls because of food blockade are talking of how their region is agriculturally self-subsistence. Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by omoharry(f): 4:19pm On Oct 29, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
I hope u are related to wike ,amechi and co and enjoying go u no be suffered head Nd citizen...cos now and after resource control.suffer head will still be suffer head ...
Leeches..why don't you worry over the millions of Almajiri children roaming the street begging for arms ..you should be worrying about the high rate of poverty and insecurity ravaging the North .
While I sit down to think about The Wikes & Ameachis' of this world, you should be thinking about Ganduje the dollar thief and all your other corrupt northern governors , who do not give a bleep you thier people live or die.Think about your own while I think about mine.
Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by tartar9(m): 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2020
Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by ahiboilandgas: 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2020
omoharry:
Leeches..why don't you worry over the millions of Almajiri children roaming the street begging for arms ..you should be worrying about the high rate of poverty and insecurity ravaging the North .
While I sit down to think about The Wikes & Ameachis' of this world, you should be thinking about Ganduje the dollar thief and all your other corrupt northern governors , who do not give a bleep you thier people live or die.Think about your own while I think about mine.
the leeches are Ganduje and political appointees..but wetin concern tomatos famer with oil? Oil or no oil kano city is a 1000 year old ....and next 2000 years post oil there will still be kano ....

1 Like

Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by omoharry(f): 4:24pm On Oct 29, 2020
tartar9:

I didn't say anything about laziness,but the fact remains you don't work for it. Do you expect someone who toils in his farm day and night under hot sun to start giving you his produce for free. So stop the comparison.
And again,why are you guys fixated on the North? Are they the only ones the oil money gets to? As an example,do you know that the South East's government is more dependent on federal allocation than any other region? Do you know that Lagos and Abuja are the only sustainable states in the country. So why is your fixation always on the North undecided as if they're the only ones "chopping" your oil money.
That is why it is called south east ..It means they are part of the greater south .The country is divided between the North & South .The South reason alike and the North have their one way of reasoning .The south & core North do not have the same ideology in anyway.
Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by ahiboilandgas: 4:27pm On Oct 29, 2020
omoharry:
That is why it is called south east ..It means they are part of the greater south .The country is divided between the North & South .The South reason alike and the North have their one way of reasoning .The south & core North do not have the same ideology in anyway.
yoruba and ibo reason alike so you now yell me ibo too poo in leather and troy inside water?
Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by omoharry(f): 4:35pm On Oct 29, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
yoruba and ibo reason alike so you now yell me ibo too poo in leather and troy inside water?
?
Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by Edeyoung: 4:51pm On Oct 29, 2020
tartar9:

Even the people who 3 million of them died like fowls because of food blockade are talking of how their region is agriculturally self-subsistence. Lol grin

You're, at the stroked

Northerners are feeding southerners meaning the whole northerners are feeding south, so we are also saying southerners are the ones sustaining them with oil, and you're trying to narrow ours, to the areas were the oil is coming from
So that you can archive your aboki point,

Only lagos and abuja are substantial, i helped remove abuja because it was built with oil money and still currently run with oil money

south east is located in the south not north, north should survive with their agriculture lets see how far they go
Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by waldigit: 5:00pm On Oct 29, 2020
NNEWIsuper:
From recent events about the #EndSARS saga and its aftermath food shortage and hike in price in the south, is now clear that the southerners largely depend on the north for 98% of its food supply.. That's really pathetic, yet they're lands for arable farming in the south better than the north.

This why we call for Restructuring. It will bring out the best each region base on competitive advantage. Nothing is wrong or pathetic. We call it regional dualism is planning. Regions have differentially endowed. Each region can attain self sustainable development by so doing.
Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by Edeyoung: 5:04pm On Oct 29, 2020
The north are the suffer head of this country, despite their wicked atrocities to the south we are still standing

Endsars protest no northern state joined in, on solidarity if they had joined in for a stance against bad government, insecurities, the protest would gone a long way

All they were waiting for was civil war clashes which dey would still loose
Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by folu4real(f): 5:06pm On Oct 29, 2020
NNEWIsuper:

Says you abi?
Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 29, 2020
NNEWIsuper:

You guys can punish us then by seceding from Nigeria. How about that? Then we can test who's feeding who.
Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 29, 2020
modsfucker:

You need school more than Nairaland boy... I'd advise you to focus more on your studies, please.

There are enough schools in the south to cater for him. You guys with those glorified Islamic schools as universities on the other hand...
Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 29, 2020
Kyase:

This one go just seat dey yearn rubbish.

Lagos cannot match Kano in commercial activities.

Center for commerce

I know an average northerner is super dumb, but "Lagos cannot match Kano in commercial activities" is a new level of dumb. Just curious; do you believe that crap or you intended it to be a joke?

1 Like

Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 29, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
wrong Lagos is not in the same league with kano ....it far head of Kano in term of commerce ,finance and trade ....it the 4 Largest economy in Africa ......dont embrasss yourself pls ...

You expect an almajiri to reason like he has a brain? Next thing he'll say Dutse is more developed than Port Harcourt.

1 Like

Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 29, 2020
Kyase:

Forget Lagos, move the seasport from their and move those oil firms back to where they were supposed to be and you will see the wonder
Let's start first by moving the seaport to Katsina. Or what do you think? And all the while I didn't realise nairaland was also open to bonobos.

1 Like

Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 29, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
which north are u talking about?North America?..cos I kilo of fish is 600 naira cat fish ,chicken 1 kilo 1200 ,egg crate 900 ,ice fish big 400 ,patatos 1200 small bin baskets,yam 600 (big tubber ) tomatos 400 naira small basket ...

What you consider as big in fish will be fingerling in the south.
Re: Is Now Clear That The North Feeds The South by ahiboilandgas: 5:35pm On Oct 29, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

What you consider as big in fish will be fingerling in the south.
ok ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Lawyers Still Wear Wig? / BREAKING NEWS: Nnamdi Kanu Brought To Kuje Prison Just Now / 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.