Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,008 members, 7,956,733 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:41 PM

Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers (55148 Views)

Those Who Criticize Desmond Elliot Are Praising Peter Obi / Peter Obi Condemns Social Media Attacks On Pastor Adeboye / #EndSARS: Desmond Elliot Reacts To Judicial Panel Report (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Rico96(m): 1:18pm On Oct 29, 2020
Elsadam:

Mumu go and double your hustle and stop hating already.
okay
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by idahme(m): 1:18pm On Oct 29, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:
He is actually making sense, but as expected, our emotional and dumb yooots will curse him

I used to think what people say on nairaland as regards paid government agents parading themselves here to change narratives in the public were just a fluke to make discussions flow, I'm beginning to see serious reasons why they hold onto that notion.

4 Likes

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by eddyslim(m): 1:18pm On Oct 29, 2020
This one don dey follow chop yam. Yanning dust

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Elsadam(m): 1:19pm On Oct 29, 2020
temi1290:
See this idiot, social media na una problem ba, social media gbuo gii

You are the big idiot

Go and double ur hustle mumu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Brushstrokes20: 1:20pm On Oct 29, 2020
Desmond EDIOT on the beat!

Femi MUMUSHINA has handed him the baton.

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by wonder233: 1:21pm On Oct 29, 2020
You're still high on your utopian delusion of revolution abi?
Rico96:
So this one join youth abi Not too young to run my foot...... Idiot fellow!!! You can never be among this our new nigeria... 2023 I made sure u relegate politically

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Farki: 1:21pm On Oct 29, 2020
peacettw:
I agree with Desmond.

Social media remains a vast sea of uncharted territory and regardless of its uses, it has proven time and time again to be deadly - a potential weapon of mass destruction that lacks any clear stringent regulatory laws to curtail its excesses.

And irrespective of what you and I may think now, let it be clear that a time will eventually come when the world will collectively agree that this hydra-headed monster called social media must be reigned in to mitigate against any future man-made disasters.

You are asking for the whole world to become like Saudi Arabia where posting your opinion gets you beheaded. The only way to counter lies is with the truth, what you are proposing is first silly and also dangerous.

3 Likes

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by OyinO: 1:22pm On Oct 29, 2020
You mean Desmond HEdiot?

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by wizi4tyn: 1:22pm On Oct 29, 2020
See person wey do toilet as constituency projects ooo grin grin

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by edoairways: 1:23pm On Oct 29, 2020
Rico96:
So this one join youth abi Not too young to run my foot...... Idiot fellow!!! You can never be among this our new nigeria... 2023 I made sure u relegate politically
I pray you don't have memory loss of events that had happened in the past. This is because many Nigerians easily forget things

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by OyinO: 1:23pm On Oct 29, 2020
Elsadam:

You are the big idiot

Go and double ur hustle mumu.

You're the biggest hediot like Desmond Hediot busy calling a small hediot idiot. Nonsense an ingredient!

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Rico96(m): 1:24pm On Oct 29, 2020
wonder233:
You're still high on your utopian delusion of revolution abi?
2nd world war started with a single gun shot..... I can't determine who will be president but will make sure none around this time reelect in my state come 2023
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by donnie(m): 1:24pm On Oct 29, 2020
He is one of our problems as a country. The legislator who built a toilet as constituency project. angry

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Zinpat: 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2020
So pple shld nt condemn evil again. If u are really 4 d pple, talk abt endin bad governance
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Rico96(m): 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2020
edoairways:

I pray you don't have memory loss of events that had happened in the past. This is because many Nigerians easily forget things
I'm here to remind millions about it
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by OyinO: 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2020
12345baba:
What do u expect from an apc member?

Quiet your buccal mucosa and cavity because PD-Pigs ain't better. Both have destroyed the future and destinies of future generations except the present day youths do something to effect a positive turnaround.

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by peacettw: 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2020
Farki:

You are asking for the whole world to become like Saudi Arabia where posting your opinion gets you beheaded. The only way to counter lies is with the truth, what you are proposing is first silly and also dangerous.

Again this is where you are getting it wrong.

In everything, there should be a balance hence the need for regulatory laws that are fair and just. And remember, over time these laws can be revised just like any other existing laws.

I simply believe it is dangerous to let the social media stratosphere run amock.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Carlylepneuma: 1:26pm On Oct 29, 2020
inoki247:
Fool in Disguise... Is that what your constituency send u.... You've been yearning rubbish lately like you share same brain with Femi Adeshina....

You can't ask the right question na rubbish u dey talk...

*** who ordered the shooting that cause the looting...
u shoudn't nt be stupid, stupid. u thugs were already exibiting ur thuggery, lootings,vandalism before any so called shooting began and fu pls correct me if i'm wrong are u tryn justify the above mentioned i mean ur narratives with rapin, extortion, killing of law enforcement agentrs who are non members of SARS Unit?burnin of both public and private enterprise causin chaos and unrest that led to prison breaks burnin and lootin the Oba of lagos palace? pls just shut up already!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Amanda4life: 1:26pm On Oct 29, 2020
WHY U NO TALK AM AS IT DEY HOT.

NA NOW U WAKE UP.

PLEASE CONTINUE SLEEPING
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by donnie(m): 1:27pm On Oct 29, 2020
joseph1832:
these questions aren't suppose to be directed at Uncle Desmond. It's meant for Sanwo-Olu.

Na one boat carry them two. They are part of the old Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by BreconHills(m): 1:28pm On Oct 29, 2020
Rico96:

This is an extract from a longer speech. He also did say that the the looting youth can be engaged with job opportunities. It is also true that many people who read social media are instantly triggered into action without any investigation of the facts.

Always distinguish between those who protested peacefully and those who looted. They are not one and the same.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by dragunov: 1:28pm On Oct 29, 2020
lalasticlala:
#EndSARS: Lagos House Of Assembly Member, Hon. Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Motivational Speakers & Social Media Influencers.

Desmond Elliot, while reacting to the recent EndSARS protests and Lekki killings, in Lagos House of Assembly said:

"Social media has its negative impact.
Please celebrities, social media influencers, stop the hatred already."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7o5XyZiDFE

Those that called you Desmund Iddiot were not wrong. You can never talk like this if you were never part of the political class. Oti je dodo. O o le so ododo mo.

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Farki: 1:29pm On Oct 29, 2020
oloyedewaris:
The truth is social media is affecting our thinking, and these yeyebrities will not want to say the truth because of what their fans will say

I will boldly support putting limit to social media usage

We should start with the government officials that use it to tell lies and deceive the people.

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Starzo: 1:29pm On Oct 29, 2020
Desmond Eliot na Delta guy?
feoyewo:
This guy is mad I swear, imagine this delta Igbo guy claming to be a Yoruba talking rubbish
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by psalmylee(m): 1:31pm On Oct 29, 2020
This guy is a total failure..*smh*
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Farki: 1:31pm On Oct 29, 2020
peacettw:

Again this is where you are getting it wrong.

In everything, there should be a balance hence the need for regulatory laws that are fair and just. And remember, over time these laws can be revised just like any other existing laws.

I simply believe it is dangerous to let the social media stratosphere run amock.

Regulation of social media goes against freedom of speech principles, now you are giving the government license to prosecute, jail and kill you because of the things you say. Now where they will abuse it is that whatever they say is the truth no matter how contradictory it is.

Just look at the Army trading blames with the Lagos State government trying to cover up what happened. Are you going to tell me it is a good idea to let them decide what you can and can't say?

3 Likes

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Tremple8v: 1:32pm On Oct 29, 2020
This mumu too don join them 9ja which way .

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Usmankno: 1:33pm On Oct 29, 2020
80% of our youth will say samething if they find theirselves in same position he is..i will not blame him.What just pains me most,the celebrities that have been advocating for #End Sars,will be same celebrities that will be used by our politicians for their campaign wen election comes..We re not being honest to oursrlves.
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Benwallt(m): 1:33pm On Oct 29, 2020
Naija yoots which way forward? Someone is trying to point things out n the best you ppl could do is curse, curse n curse. We are different people we can't reason the same way. If you are using social media yus it well, period.
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by blingxx(m): 1:33pm On Oct 29, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:
He is actually making sense, but as expected, our emotional and dumb yooots will curse him

Bruh.. Bruh.. See eehnn if you are doing a job and you are sure of yourself you won't give a fvck about what the social media says about you, see trump as perfect example angry only if you know the number of insults he reserves on social media every single.. Does he care? Hell no angry Americans even made a naked statue of him during his campaign

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by olisefom: 1:34pm On Oct 29, 2020
This guy will destroy his political career faster by himself. This guy will go obscure with the old politicians.

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by sterlingD(m): 1:35pm On Oct 29, 2020
The only way to "REGULATE" Social Media as a "GOVERNMENT" is to be proactive. Focus on GOOD GOVERNANCE thoroughly let the primary focus of your governance be on Core Good Governance and let you information/ public relations department not be asleep in the area of sharing of REAL and GENUINE information in time and also RELATE very well with the populace and the Social Media will have little or nothing negative to say about a Government and its Governance.

Like someone said focus on good governance and leave social media and social media will showcase your good governance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Gumsu, General Sani Abacha's Daughter In APC Regalia / Simon Ikpa Boys Captured Igbo Road Safety Officer And Spared His Life / I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.