Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Desmond Elliot Blasted For Calling Nigerian Youths "Children" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desmond Elliot Blasted For Calling Nigerian Youths "Children" (39705 Views)

Those Who Criticize Desmond Elliot Are Praising Peter Obi / President Buhari Blasted For Saying 'It Is Not Clear What I Have Noted Here' / The Hidden Health Benefits Of Sex: Lauretta Onochie Blasted For Sharing Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Elliot Blasted For Calling Nigerian Youths "Children" by Oluwafhemmi10: 2:18am On Oct 30, 2020
Okoroawusa:
Social media is really a problem. Someone sat in the comfort of his or her room and thwarted Desmond Elliot's speech. Now people that didn't watch the video will believe this quicker than watching the video.

... this is making Desmond Elliot's speech true after all. We need to put a lid on social media.

Goan put a lid or cover sef, so that someone like you will stop coming here to type rubbish and just bent on woteva those politicians want you to hear or know...mumu
Re: Desmond Elliot Blasted For Calling Nigerian Youths "Children" by shedomains: 2:19am On Oct 30, 2020
Okoroawusa:
..."Social Media, yes, though good, has its negative impact, let me first thank you for condemning the wanton killings and the carniage that happened at Lekki. When I Went through the comments I could not believe it Mr Speaker, the curses, the abuses from children, and I ask myself, is this Nigeria? What is going on? Children cursing? People having the effrontery to enter the Oba's Palace, hold the staff of office, culture is gone."...

Before you comment on this thread read the above which is an excerpt from his speech. He never called #Endsars protesters children.
dont mind the dumb children.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Blasted For Calling Nigerian Youths "Children" by shedomains: 2:28am On Oct 30, 2020
Commentor:

The names many of you call elected officers yet can't take the "children"

Get off your high horse.

Hypocrites.
i admire your firm stand,truelly they are dumb children wizkid called the president old man no body said a word it was all cool and here now desmond use the word children and all are bleeding from their noses.stupid dumb children truelly they are children.
Re: Desmond Elliot Blasted For Calling Nigerian Youths "Children" by shedomains: 2:34am On Oct 30, 2020
wolexy14:
Make boys go visit am for surulere....make Dem show am small film ...olodo
one hoodlum spotted. undecided
Re: Desmond Elliot Blasted For Calling Nigerian Youths "Children" by babaneenoni(m): 2:38am On Oct 30, 2020
story for the gods campaign after election
Re: Desmond Elliot Blasted For Calling Nigerian Youths "Children" by Doyou2019: 2:52am On Oct 30, 2020
Okoroawusa:
Social media is really a problem. Someone sat in the comfort of his or her room and thwarted Desmond Elliot's speech. Now people that didn't watch the video will believe this quicker than watching the video.

... this is making Desmond Elliot's speech true after all. We need to put a lid on social media.

The reason for your last paragraph is that someone already put a lid on your reasoning. Walking zombie.
Re: Desmond Elliot Blasted For Calling Nigerian Youths "Children" by kalvoken(m): 3:55am On Oct 30, 2020
Marine54:
Aboki , he is better than you that's is living in the mosque at your age ! grin

Kai now

You will be held responsible for any manner the guy took his life.

Re: Desmond Elliot Blasted For Calling Nigerian Youths "Children" by bilulu(m): 4:16am On Oct 30, 2020
Commentor:

Because everyone on Nairaland is in Nigeria abi?
So you ain't even in Nigeria and u re supporting Nigerian politicians. The country you re, do their politicians talk to them anyhow? they perform well so their citizens don't talk to them anyhow.
Re: Desmond Elliot Blasted For Calling Nigerian Youths "Children" by Myer(m): 4:24am On Oct 30, 2020
KingAzubuike:
Desmond Elliot, 46 was blasted on Twitter for referring to the Nigerian youths as "Children". Desmond who is a member of the Lagos State House of Assembly representing the Surulere constituency constantly called Nigerian youths "children" during a session concerning the social media regulation bill.

Watch the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7o5XyZiDFE

https://twitter.com/TheGbemms/status/1321796575513989126?s=20

Other than addressing youths as children, what he said is nothing but the truth. But yall hate the truth.

Even Nairaland had to have a ban option to regulate those who act like children here.

If you lost someone or you were a victim of the wicked lootings and destruction of private businesses and properties, you won't be supporting the youths on this issue anymore.

Should Social media be regulated? Of course.
The question should be how much regulation should be made, to avoid abuse of govt's power and targeting of govt's opposition.
Re: Desmond Elliot Blasted For Calling Nigerian Youths "Children" by oyatz(m): 4:58am On Oct 30, 2020
Okoroawusa:
..."Social Media, yes, though good, has its negative impact, let me first thank you for condemning the wanton killings and the carniage that happened at Lekki. When I Went through the comments I could not believe it Mr Speaker, the curses, the abuses from children, and I ask myself, is this Nigeria? What is going on? Children cursing? People having the effrontery to enter the Oba's Palace, hold the staff of office, culture is gone."...

Before you comment on this thread read the above which is an excerpt from his speech. He never called #Endsars protesters children.

PDP social media war lords like @von_Bismarck, @NekkaSmith &@Ayemojubar often deliberately misquote politicians especially of the APC to demarket them.
They are the ones that started all these.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Blasted For Calling Nigerian Youths "Children" by Fasa440: 5:35am On Oct 30, 2020
Actor!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Removal: Cost Of Living, Petrol Rates In Oil Producing Countries / Photos Of Buhari, Dangote & Sanwo-Olu In Lagos / Keep Your Dirty Nose Out Of Nigeria’s Affairs, Fani-kayode Attacks British Envoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.