Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children (63550 Views)

Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi / Nigerians Criticise Garba Shehu For Addressing Jonathan As "President" / Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by seyi072000(m): 10:18pm On Oct 29, 2020
Priscy01:
Desmond Elliot has apologized for addressing the youths as 'Children' while making his submission during plenary at the Lagos state House of Assembly last week, Igbere TV reports.

In a viral video that captured the Surulere lawmaker's submission on the Lagos carnage, he addressed the youths as children and opined that social media was used to fuel the carnage.

Igbere TV reports that Nigerians on social media have been dragging him since for his comment.

In a statement he released on his Twitter handle today, the actor apologized for his choice of words during the deliberation. According to him, he did not mean to be insensitive.

https://twitter.com/DesmondOElliot/status/1321854865551839232?s=19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7o5XyZiDFE

The question is, what have you done
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by dododawa1: 10:19pm On Oct 29, 2020
CHILDREN LOL
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by DexterousOne(m): 10:19pm On Oct 29, 2020
capitalzero:

Old men in government look for youths who are corrupt as them , who are visionless as them and invite them to join political class!!!

The person you quoted had a point

But your rebuttal was very much SPOT ON.
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by ogododo: 10:20pm On Oct 29, 2020
IamD18:
The likes of Desmond Elliot, Yahaya Bello and Elisha Abbo have so many times proven the fact that an average Nigerian youth is no different from the old men in the Government.

They've so many times proven that corruption in Nigeria isn't just about our aged politicians but a general thing.

We saw how our various SUG officials operated in school, how coursereps, lodge presidents and the rest operated. We all saw the corruption there. If you think this generation will politically do better than this current aged politicians, then you are clueless.

An average Nigerian is tribalistic, oppressive, selfish and corrupt. It's in almost all the sectors in this country and it'll take decades for this country to be free from the aforementioned.

Know this and know peace.

And just so you know; 98.485% of Nigerians condemning Desmond Elliot will do the same, they'll rather choose the interest of their political mentors and Godfathers who will politically help and connect them than the interest of the masses.

Dem be Yeye Youth cool

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Burgerlomo: 10:20pm On Oct 29, 2020
Some of the youths he called children voted him in that position.

Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by sinola(m): 10:21pm On Oct 29, 2020
Guy, the deed is done!
See you come 2023 at polling centre
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 29, 2020
grin grin What can I say the Jagaban spirit entered most of them in that Lagos Assembly they are just misyarning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by UndauntedYOCA(f): 10:21pm On Oct 29, 2020
I refuse to believe he's truly sorry (my opinion though), he only realised that he threaded wrongly and all I see in him is a future Tinubu.
What do I know sef.
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 29, 2020
grin grin What can I say the Jagaban spirit entered most of them in that Lagos Assembly they are just misyarning.Shebi 2023 is loading it is just 3 years from now. I think I should run for President sef.
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by gotousa2013: 10:23pm On Oct 29, 2020
He is just blowing hot air , Nothing to take out . This is not a comradeship practice .
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Yoighaman(m): 10:23pm On Oct 29, 2020
Useless guy, he should keep his apology to himself, abi na opposition manipulate your mouth to yarn rubbish?... because small thing now, you will say it's the opposition....Desmond Idiot, you would meet the "Children" at the polls in 2023.
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Sheriman(m): 10:23pm On Oct 29, 2020
He dey Craze!!!
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by ASKQUESTIONS(m): 10:25pm On Oct 29, 2020
JidennaJason:
Dear Child,

Ever since you displayed your loyalty to your drug master, I knew you would end up a monumental disgrace to your generation... I have always known you to be a cunning child and I have no doubt that this silly apology of yours was not straight from your heart.

As for me and the God fearing "Children" of Nairaland, "We reject your stupid apology"

To hell with you Desmond "Efulefu" Elliot.

Seconded, Desmond Iscariot. Idiot! We will accept your apology when we grow up

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by kunle75(m): 10:26pm On Oct 29, 2020
slimfit1:

Knowing Lagosians he will win 2023 so I am not surprised.

After this endsars saga,things might not be the same we never can tell
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by kunle75(m): 10:27pm On Oct 29, 2020
Priscy01:
Desmond Elliot has apologized for addressing the youths as 'Children' while making his submission during plenary at the Lagos state House of Assembly last week, Igbere TV reports.

In a viral video that captured the Surulere lawmaker's submission on the Lagos carnage, he addressed the youths as children and opined that social media was used to fuel the carnage.

Igbere TV reports that Nigerians on social media have been dragging him since for his comment.

In a statement he released on his Twitter handle today, the actor apologized for his choice of words during the deliberation. According to him, he did not mean to be insensitive.

https://twitter.com/DesmondOElliot/status/1321854865551839232?s=19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7o5XyZiDFE

E go dey alright las las 2023 here we come
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by densiks: 10:29pm On Oct 29, 2020
He got a PR person to spin this face saving allegory.

Elliot has lost his goodwill and he might never get it back because of the sensitive and intertwined impact of the issues that his speech bothered on.

I’m not aware if he understood and spoke for the genuine people who used social media to push for a better country.

Godfatherism kills good conscience and Elliot’s soul has been sacrificed for parliamentary position and some extra perks.

The woman selling beans at Bode Thomas whose son was killed by SARS for wearing a nice pair of jeans will be ashamed of Elliot at this point.

4 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Nyanabo(m): 10:30pm On Oct 29, 2020
Here is what you would do desmond, shove that apology up your ars and sit on it. The DEED is done.
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by RexTramadol1: 10:32pm On Oct 29, 2020
IamD18:
The likes of Desmond Elliot, Yahaya Bello and Elisha Abbo have so many times proven the fact that an average Nigerian youth is no different from the old men in the Government.

They've so many times proven that corruption in Nigeria isn't just about our aged politicians but a general thing.

We saw how our various SUG officials operated in school, how coursereps, lodge presidents and the rest operated. We all saw the corruption there. If you think this generation will politically do better than this current aged politicians, then you are clueless.

An average Nigerian is tribalistic, oppressive, selfish and corrupt. It's in almost all the sectors in this country and it'll take decades for this country to be free from the aforementioned.

And just so you know; 98.485% of Nigerians condemning Desmond Elliot will do the same, they'll rather choose the interest of their political mentors and Godfathers who will politically help and connect them than the interest of the masses.

The last part made sense, all of those condemning him will do worse

We are all good at criticizing until it’s our own turn

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by moneyissweet(m): 10:32pm On Oct 29, 2020
asshole
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by tonquendo4u(m): 10:35pm On Oct 29, 2020
Shey very soon u go begin beg for votes again. Na small thing remain.
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 29, 2020
And he apologized.

For that reason ")
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 29, 2020
The FEAR OF YOUTHS OF NOW and 2023 is the beginning of WISDOM.

Your apology my foot grin
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by pacificom: 10:39pm On Oct 29, 2020
Eye service! Be yourself desmond.
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by WelcomeToBiafra: 10:39pm On Oct 29, 2020
Why won't these foolish and idiotic zoo politicians called 400 millions citizens in this contraption "CHILDREN".

Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 29, 2020
Pikin. Ur matter is just beginning.
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Shadysen: 10:42pm On Oct 29, 2020
APC things.
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Obashlino(m): 10:43pm On Oct 29, 2020
Politics in Nigeria is something else...

Drama
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by capitalzero: 10:47pm On Oct 29, 2020
DexterousOne:

The person you quoted had a point

But your rebuttal was very much SPOT ON.
I agree with you
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by dangotesmummy: 10:48pm On Oct 29, 2020
Sense has fallen on Desmond cheesy
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by JBL316: 10:49pm On Oct 29, 2020
chriskosherbal:
Desmond! Desmond!! Desmond!!!

How many times did I call you you really have a lot of image to redeem right now so get to work.

Hoodlums don burn the image so it cannot be redeemed!
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Mikenuelmike: 10:49pm On Oct 29, 2020
IamD18:

Guy, sense dey your head!
Kudos
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by dangotesmummy: 10:50pm On Oct 29, 2020
inoki247:
No worry your children will vote you in the next coming Election....

I remember say last time u go Benin u don go inherit Diarrhea Mouth from Oshiomole....
ahannnnnnn na.he has sha apologized grin

Forgive and forget lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obasanjo Welcomed On Arrival From Peace-keeping In Congo (Throwback Photos) / Dino Melaye's 6th Masters Degree Certificate (Pictured) / Tompolo Offers Sacrifice To The King Of The River (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.