Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,630 members, 7,955,309 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:11 PM

Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children (63845 Views)

Ezza-effium Crisis : Tears As Children, Pregnant Woman, Others K!lled In Ebonyi / Nigerians Criticise Garba Shehu For Addressing Jonathan As "President" / Soyinka Describes Nigerian Youths As "First To Comment" Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by ChikezieU(m): 8:03am On Oct 30, 2020
fitzmayowa:

Calls for anti social media bill in the day apologise on twitter at night when they reminded him of 2023, this politicians won't seize to amaze me.....
he was also the one who said that Nigeria should ban foreign movies....
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by princetom1(m): 8:11am On Oct 30, 2020
IamD18:
The likes of Desmond Elliot, Yahaya Bello and Elisha Abbo have so many times proven the fact that an average Nigerian youth is no different from the old men in the Government.

They've so many times proven that corruption in Nigeria isn't just about our aged politicians but a general thing.

We saw how our various SUG officials operated in school, how coursereps, lodge presidents and the rest operated. We all saw the corruption there. If you think this generation will politically do better than this current aged politicians, then you are clueless.

An average Nigerian is tribalistic, oppressive, selfish and corrupt. It's in almost all the sectors in this country and it'll take decades for this country to be free from the aforementioned.

Know this and know peace.

And just so you know; 98.485% of Nigerians condemning Desmond Elliot will do the same, they'll rather choose the interest of their political mentors and Godfathers who will politically help and connect them than the interest of the masses.

Don't get it twisted, don't expect any good to come from those who lick the asses of Godfathers. They are their for their selves and masters only. It shall be well when we vote someone with no luggages (criminal records, Godfather, owes nobody favour and has no connection with these rotten polithiefcian)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by adebwalex(m): 8:17am On Oct 30, 2020
Priscy01:
Desmond Elliot has apologized for addressing the youths as 'Children' while making his submission during plenary at the Lagos state House of Assembly last week, Igbere TV reports.

In a viral video that captured the Surulere lawmaker's submission on the Lagos carnage, he addressed the youths as children and opined that social media was used to fuel the carnage.

Igbere TV reports that Nigerians on social media have been dragging him since for his comment.

In a statement he released on his Twitter handle today, the actor apologized for his choice of words during the deliberation. According to him, he did not mean to be insensitive.

https://twitter.com/DesmondOElliot/status/1321854865551839232?s=19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7o5XyZiDFE
You Apology accepted. It is the only the USELESS FOOL will see the destruction of the innocent people not to be a crime. You are move by the emotion seeing your constituency been destroyed by the so called Children because they behave like a child with out common sense. God bless you. And to those who will not accept your apology I say may they not know peace until when they find a heart to accept you apology..

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Mandela27: 8:33am On Oct 30, 2020
showafrica:

Efulefu is an igbo language and it means sperm wey mistakenly leaked from condom come become human being. That being is an Efulefu..
Okay brother,thanks for telling me
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Eriokanmi: 8:52am On Oct 30, 2020
IamD18:
The likes of Desmond Elliot, Yahaya Bello and Elisha Abbo have so many times proven the fact that an average Nigerian youth is no different from the old men in the Government.

They've so many times proven that corruption in Nigeria isn't just about our aged politicians but a general thing.

We saw how our various SUG officials operated in school, how coursereps, lodge presidents and the rest operated. We all saw the corruption there. If you think this generation will politically do better than this current aged politicians, then you are clueless.

An average Nigerian is tribalistic, oppressive, selfish and corrupt. It's in almost all the sectors in this country and it'll take decades for this country to be free from the aforementioned.

And just so you know; 98.485% of Nigerians condemning Desmond Elliot will do the same, they'll rather choose the interest of their political mentors and Godfathers who will politically help and connect them than the interest of the masses.

I'm on the contrary. Have you ever heard of Gbenga Abiola, that young LG Chairman in lagos a few years back? Please read about him and his achievement. It all depends on the composition of those in government who nominatedthem to contest any electoral position. Do you know who nominated desmond? How did he get there? The last time i checked, Senator Oluremi Tinubu played a great role in his nomination and candidature as lagos law maker representing surulere. She was able to personally fight for her before her husband and that was all.

The Elisha Abbo you cited, was he the preferred candidate in his constituency or was he preferred by the powers that be...? In Lagos, you cannot become anything without soiling your hands in dirty stuffs. You must belong to one association or the other, dine and wine in secret with bad influencers in the society. You can imagine of of the law makers saying he wanted to ahare the looted warehouse palliative at his upcoming birthday...wandering if it was a birthday pack, lol
The circumstances surrounding his emergence can never be transparent and clean You must be initiated to emerge party candidate in some circles and that'swhy they don't care when they get there. Now tell me, how would such a candidate who emerged without the will of the people behave well, regardless of age group he belongs?

If a youth is elected or nominated and screened in a transparent, honest and meritorious manner, there's no how he would misbehave. Our electoral process needs to be reformed such that, the mentality of "whether people vote or not, whoever is preferred would win" would be totally erased.

In lagos some years back, a guy called Aeroland won the assembly slot by wide margin. Tinubu went to meet him, promising him billions of naira to step down for his party candidate but he refused. He said the people wanted and voted him. They trusted he would deliver. After series of threats to his life and that of his family he had to drop succumbed and the result was upturned in favour of the guy who belongs to Tinubu's party.

Our youths are vibrant with good ideas but the bad ones always have their way because of there they belong.
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Brainyman077: 8:56am On Oct 30, 2020
Nigerian "pikin" abi na wetin that idiot called us again? has really made me proud for calling out this idiot and making him realise his bloody mistake but in saying this, I'm somehow disappointed that Nigerian "children" are saying that this idiot can still continue to hold his seat in the house of assembly till 2023. Can we "pikin" not ask this idiot to resign now (or is there no where in the constitution that allows for this?) for making that utterance, encouraging and trying to promote the regulation of social media which in my view amount to oppression and suppressing the voice of the people.
#childrenarecallingforDesmondtoresignnow#
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Tessymoore: 9:10am On Oct 30, 2020
tehilah92:
All these politicians sef, 2023 I must vote o, I never vote before but you see 2023 I will not disappoint my predecessors and successors

Don’t bother yourself about voting. We must insist on open ballot voting system. Our evil politicians will always rig even with your PVC.
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by showafrica(m): 9:32am On Oct 30, 2020
Mandela27:
Okay brother,thanks for telling me

Pls note, there is reversible and irreversible efulefu. If the efulefu decides to acquire knowledge and evolve to better human being in spirit and in truth then we can say he is reversed. However, any efulefu that will come out in public and call his fellow youths children in the name of politics is a super efulefu.
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by kkins25(m): 9:36am On Oct 30, 2020
IamD18:

No wonder my spirit was disturbing me to abandon that ship.. I'm glad I listened to my spirit. So much so,that I opted to not do nysc but rather chose to start again from the bottom.
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by ibedun: 9:37am On Oct 30, 2020
NIGERIAN YOUTHS are indeed CHILDREN!!!!

Desmond Elliot was RIGHT!

The only problem is Desmond Elliot is also an immature idiot!
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Mandela27: 9:38am On Oct 30, 2020
Bad guy.true words..
showafrica:

However, any efulefu that will come out in public and call his fellow youths children in the name of politics is a super efulefu.
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by ibedun: 9:40am On Oct 30, 2020
kkins25:
No wonder my spirit was disturbing me to abandon that ship.. I'm glad I listened to my spirit. So much so,that I opted to not do nysc but rather chose to start again from the bottom.

STFU!You abandoned ship so what are you doing here on Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by lexxi(m): 9:44am On Oct 30, 2020
As a leader, were you not taught that there is no emotions on the alter of leadership? You aff bleeped. Face the consequences alone.
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by sylve11: 11:02am On Oct 30, 2020
Obobs... shocked cool
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by omoharry(f): 12:01pm On Oct 30, 2020
IamD18:

You are right ..In essence, what this means is that, we we are in a hopeless situation becos we all reason alike .May God help Nigeria
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 30, 2020
Such a disappointment, desmon idiot.

Money and power are intoxicating.
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by kabillionaire(m): 1:08pm On Oct 30, 2020
Campaign after election!
when you were voted, I was happy for you because of an article I read some years ago were you expressed your desire to rule this country.
Fast forward now! you're finished politically because of your unguarded utterances and ego.
RIP Desmond Idiot Olusola
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by izzy4shizzy(m): 1:27pm On Oct 30, 2020
IamD18:

You took the words right out of my mouth.

the solution is not replacing old politicians with youths but to create a system of accountability, where a politician that steals money can be prosecuted, where a senator doesnt earn more than 200 Nigerians combined, the narrative we need to change is the system

Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by ogbonti: 1:27pm On Oct 30, 2020
slimfit1:

Knowing Lagosians he will win 2023 so I am not surprised.

even if Lagos field Angel from heaven under APC with this killings at Lekki, Guy, Lagos is toss up

I have said it here 101 times, PDP swallow your pride and go beg Femi Ote$ to run, he will beat Sanwo-Oku-Lekki or anyone the Opolor drug baron impose on Lagos blue- black!

Femi is the key to topple APC in Lagos, but is he interested?
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by slimfit1(m): 1:30pm On Oct 30, 2020
ogbonti:

even if Lagos field Angel from heaven under APc with this killings at Lekki, Lagos is toss up

I have said it here 101 times, PDP swallow your pride and go beg Femi Ote$ to run, he will beat Sanwo-Oku-Lekki or anyone the Opolor drug baron impose on Lagos

Femi is the key to topple APC in Lagos, but is he interested?

I don't trust anyone Femi might just be as worst than these people. PDP is dead to me..... look at all their governors non of them are doing anything that would impress you even Ibadan thank you.
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by ogbonti: 1:37pm On Oct 30, 2020
slimfit1:

I don't trust anyone Femi might just be as worst than these people. PDP is dead to me..... look at all their governors non of them are doing anything that would impress you even Ibadan thank you.

Ok ooooo “Oga APC - Mr. PDP is dead to you”
we don hear you
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Samiah33(m): 2:02pm On Oct 30, 2020
IamD18:

truer words never spoken, the manner and way people here on nairaland display their tribalistic and religious sentiment is nothing to write home. Thanks very much for this

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by slimfit1(m): 2:04pm On Oct 30, 2020
ogbonti:

Ok ooooo “Oga APC - Mr. PDP is dead to you”
we don hear you

APC is more than dead they never exist
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Sleekfingers: 3:26pm On Oct 30, 2020
Make those children catch u for surulere.....dem go beat u like thief......
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Allansmith: 3:48pm On Oct 30, 2020
You've hit the nail unbiased and like I keep telling everyone it takes a whole lot of grace to handle an office and not mess up as low as 0.5% cos alot goes on at about the same time...and am sure Desmond in his closet had told himself the truth seeing all the tantrum's thrown and reactions even from those he called his own to realize how much damage a 2 or 3 minutes speech has caused him and such was humble enough to quickly come publicly to apologise but remember again this is Nigeria,Some are good are record keeping and such records be pulled out when needed to use to tackle even the very smallest situation...

IamD18:

Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Allansmith: 3:51pm On Oct 30, 2020
True words indeed and well spoken without being biased

Samiah33:

truer words never spoken, the manner and way people here on nairaland display their tribalistic and religious sentiment is nothing to write home. Thanks very much for this
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 30, 2020
chriskosherbal:
Desmond! Desmond!! Desmond!!!

How many times did I call you you really have a lot of image to redeem right now so get to work.

Honestly, I wonder what he was thinking. What was he feeling like? Even the most-loved Politician (Seyi Makinde) in Nigeria right now dare not pull such stunt. grin
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Allansmith: 4:41pm On Oct 30, 2020
I think he got intoxicated and he got back to his senses afterwards

rawfact:

Honestly, I wonder what he was thinking. What was he feeling like? Even the most loved Politician (Seyi Makinde) in Nigeria right now dare not pull such stunt. grin
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by zedman1(m): 4:50pm On Oct 30, 2020
IamD18:

This is a 101% of my mind you've written here. I wonder how you managed to garner much likes for this comment cos what most people do on social media these days is to insult whoever makes much sense. I see it here everywhere that's why I don't bother writing on the internet.Well, with this it shows there are still a considerable number of right thinking Nigerians. There's hope after all. Nice one bro.
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Naijafornow: 5:52pm On Oct 30, 2020
On behalf of the children we forgive u Desmond Idiot. I don't know about the youths if they will
Re: Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children by Chimasoka: 6:25pm On Oct 30, 2020
Angry Nigerians Attacked Desmond Elliot Over LEKKI Tolegate Shootings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfomFSt0kjI

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Swims In The Bermuda Triangle As A Shark Almost Eats Him (Videos) / Policeman Trying To Fire Teargas At Melaye, Saraki, Ben Bruce During Protest / Obinna Amaechi Graduates From Simon Fraser University Canada (Rotimi Amaechi Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.