Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,765 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life (54775 Views)

Share Your Worst Experience About Online Businesses That You've Done Before. / Share Your Worst Business Experience / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by gerona: 1:21pm On Oct 31, 2020
My story - I got so broke that I had to sell my wedding ring to buy food in the house. I was out of job at the time and hubby no send. Now the govt is owing hubby contract money since May 2019, creditors are on our case. Please if you know anyone in the SPECIAL DUTIES OFFICE, Abuja help beg them to pay, if you don't join me in prayers that they pay. Don't know why government will award contract with no intention to pay after execution.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by mysteriouspee: 1:21pm On Oct 31, 2020
stinjoe:
I have been there and currently, the level of me being broke is just unbearable. It sounds weird but we just had oil and salt as our dinner even to buy garri is an issue. But, hearing my sweet sister cry of ulcer do shatter my heart and I believe all this will end soon. I can't even boast of a thousand naira in my account. Honestly story long but I want those set of people, including myself to believe that once there is life, there is hope for a better tomorrow and never forget that God's plan for us all are of good and not of evil.

@stinjoe lemme send you something too. Drop you ac

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by SideshowBob: 1:21pm On Oct 31, 2020
This thread don turn begging thread

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by babamoha(m): 1:22pm On Oct 31, 2020
my broke experience is more than what I can explain cause am still experiencing it but with strong determination and hope I will surpass it one day.
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Chapter1vs6(m): 1:23pm On Oct 31, 2020
good evening. Please I need your help. I am Fraustrated about how things are turning.

I am still struggling to get a job but I haven't been so lucky. I
don't have any money on me to move around with my CV
I can't afford to eat and put body and soul together. my eyes has changed due to hunger and I can't even see talkless of a greaterfuture

I am finding it hard to think constructively towards my ambition due to hunger. I can't even afford to eat and it's already 1pm. Please help me GTB
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by fabsyl(m): 1:25pm On Oct 31, 2020
I am always broke.
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Kingchuksero: 1:25pm On Oct 31, 2020
What's there to share? I am still broke menh

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by SideshowBob: 1:25pm On Oct 31, 2020
Dreyton36:
I cashed out 4.6 million in the year 2016 (not scam but bet9ja)
You know how that kind thing they be naw
Naim I enter Quilox say make I feel among o

Like play like play me and three of my guys , that's a total of 4 guys popping champagne
After all said and done , them bring bill my eye clear
3million plus don go , I shock
For my mind "in just one night"??

My guys just they hail me anyhow , mumu me ,. I still enter pekas for ikeja make I go arrange olosho , all the way from island to mainland , we move olosho enter Fela shrine , it was the month of October

Men they smoke joints badly like our life depends on it
Girls they flex
Omo when day break when I don fvck over night naim i come know say my balance na just 112k
I just they slap sense into my own head

Small time my guys don call my phone for update , omo to pick call tire me
Fear anything called (desperation)
I come they play games online (bet9ja) 10odds each with 20k to win fast fast so that I can be back on track

Na so I wait make games start , during half time I sleep off
When I wake up I don loose games chai

My balance come remain 6k

Who say devil no get power grin

I leave area go chi for one of my guy place for 2 months ,make shame no kill me
Hunger wire me there tire , garri come be like golden morn for my mouth , I come they reason those times wey I they chip chicken like say tomorrow no they
I come they give myself motivation say "life goes on"
2pac come they on repeat for my phone and lucky dube

Anyway thank God man don know better

Bottomline is "Learn from your mistakes )

I'm good now
From rich ladies giving you money to this..

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Moschinochimma: 1:25pm On Oct 31, 2020
The daY I went for interview at magodo, thinking I was late I decided to board bikes to get there early. Using all I had . After the interview I had no option than to meet d interviewer whom I felt could be of assistance.. Omo nothing oo , I haD to treck from magodo to Egbeda..
The other was o job interview at surulere not knowing it was GNLD.. on getting there to realize I was fooled I got angry and started calling the number that sent me the interview text but to no avail,. I wanted to unleash all the anger n collect d money I wasted but d number wasn't reached. I trecked home from bode thomos to Egbeda . I caNt forget the ABoki thaT gave me water when I went to ask him. I just pray God changes my story . Almost most of the streets of Lagos knows the sound of my shoes..
Help Ur brother . Not had anything since yesterday. I know u may not believe me . I can give u my address for u to confirm this. Atleast for d sake of my kids plz.
0128236694 GTBank. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by stinjoe(m): 1:25pm On Oct 31, 2020
Good day mysteriouspee.
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by faithful2911(m): 1:26pm On Oct 31, 2020
tolakush92:
I've never been broke

I'm even surprised at insignificant stories people are dropping. I believe I have experienced worst moments than all these people but I always bounce back cool

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by SideshowBob: 1:27pm On Oct 31, 2020
But to be sincere most of you giving stinjoe and Homer timpson money aren't doing it out of your hearts but just for clout.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Dreyton36: 1:27pm On Oct 31, 2020
SideshowBob:

From rich ladies giving you money to this..

Mumu it's 2016
The thrend is not for you slowpoke to troll me , it says "your worst broke experience", if your fada get problem with my comment then sorry for ur maleh
Wßsted spèrm like u
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by SideshowBob: 1:28pm On Oct 31, 2020
Dreyton36:

Mumu it's 2016
The thrend is not for you slowpoke to troll me , it says "your worst broke experience", if your fada get problem with my comment then sorry for ur maleh
Wßsted spèrm like u
Nigga..

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by stinjoe(m): 1:29pm On Oct 31, 2020
It's well.
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Akanimoh113(m): 1:29pm On Oct 31, 2020
Lemme park here too. My story

There was a particular time of the year where I and My Mum were very hungry. She wasn't paid for 4 Months, we were managing food stuff we had. My mum could just come back from Work with Ground nut and Straight to Garri the both of us we drink full bowl till our belly was full. We would have a long sleep so we won't have to think about eating at night.
We were so hungry that our neighbors begin to Exaggerate and Gossip to the Extent my Neighbors had to look at me and asked if I need money to Barb my hair, I told her that I already have that covered. Felt touched becus I didn't have Hair Accessories but God Saw us through (Me and My Mum). Our Pumping Machine was giving us tough time, always trying to get new one over and over again. We Spent Lot of money to get a new one but God Saw us through.
Now we are in Another difficult situation, our house is fall apart, Termites have don their worse... Eaten up the Woods supporting the Ceiling. No Funds for the Building. The Money we have is for Food and Water and Electricity.

My Mum looked at me in the Eye and Told me I'll never be Frustrated. At first I believed it but Rn am Frustrated asf, Am Depressed. Got to Hustle harder but there are no Resources. So many things I would have accomplished but Lacking a Smartphone to do the Job.

Since the Day My Mum Removed 60k from her Bank... Her Alert has not gone more than 30k.
Rn is not up to 30kcry
But it still something to thank God for because many people don't even have at all.

Now I barely even have Up to 200 naira in my account cry

I just need a Smartphonecry
I don't need Capital
All I need is just the Phone. Money will come when am handling a smartphone sad

FRANCIS VICTOR
Union Bank

God dey and Him No Go Shame Us

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Bahamas95(m): 1:30pm On Oct 31, 2020
englois:
Mine is a case of being trusting. Though I've learnt my lesson cos you will really work hard to earn my trust. So, during NYSC, we just returned in January after the Xmas break. December allawee hasn't be paid and January is just starting. It was later we heard that the 2 months will be paid January ending. I served in Kaduna. My dad gave me #20,000 of which I used 7500 for transport leaving me with 12500. I just got into a relationship with one guy now my ex. He had a private school around my PPA. He called me that he was coming from his base in jos and I should come and meet him at the bus park. He had earlier informed me that he forgot his ATM at his residence around my PPA. So, I should come with his tfare and borrow him #10,000 with the promise that he will reimburse me when he gets hold of his ATM. I innocently agreed with the believe that he will settle me later. What I now had left with me was now #1000 which I exhausted after 1 week. He then ghosted me. Kai I called him, he said he travelled. Thank God I filled my gas cylinder in December before traveling. The villagers were nice. So, I got yams and beans in addition to the little rice I had. The #1000 got exhausted on stew. Then I went broke. I had to go meet the principal who gave me #1000. I suffered. I later broke up with him but up till today I haven't seen the money.till today.
Chai! Nawa o. That guy is very heartless, devil dey learn work for wickedness for where some people dey.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by HolyTitus(m): 1:31pm On Oct 31, 2020
bunnae:

What sort of mother and daughter did you encounter like this? grin
My sister, I tire...

This was the same girl God privileged me to ensure she never lack while I was in school when I still had small change till fraudsters hacked my account around May this year and I lost everything.

My mom ensured she stand in for me by occasionally sending her small small change, bought her dresses and all that. I thought this girl understood my condition due to her comforting and spirit - lifting words most when I'm depressed.
how she changed overnight is still a misery.

I'd planned to introduced her formally next year after nysc but the global pandemic couldnt allow us to be posted.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by kennyz247(m): 1:31pm On Oct 31, 2020
Humblesam:
Menh I can't forget that fateful day I had only 50 naira in my entire life and was going to Festac town from Ijesha for an appointment.
I used 30 naira for t/fare hoping I'll be back with good news but the result is a story for another day.
I trekked in the hot sun of Lagos from Festac town down to Ijesha with my mind already spending the last 20 naira on garri,groundnut and probably sugar when I get home after the long trekking but something strange happened.
When I got to Ijesha bus stop,getting ready for the final trekking to my street which is like five kilometers from the bus stop, I saw this blind man with his daughter begging, and when I looked at d man, he looked straight to my eye and was begging for something from me.
Initially when I saw that blind man, I felt very grateful that I was a lucky guy,I felt pity and decided to move on with my 20 naira, I would av given him something but it was the last one on me.
Do you know that I ve to trek back from my street after successfully getting to my house to the bus stop just to give that same 20 naira to that blind man? Because my conscience would not let me rest from that moment I set my eye on the blind man...it was telling me, "you can do better by giving that 20naira to the blind man", I thought it was a joke until I submitted.
After that I saw myself crying unconsciously, trekking back home weak,hungry and without hope, but that's not the end of my story.

The following, someone I d never believed will help me, came to my house and took me to his place of work.... Same day, I was interviewed, same day I got my appointment letter,next day...
I started working in that company and the rest is history.
pastor go fit u wella

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Trent18(m): 1:34pm On Oct 31, 2020
I dey tell you bro......

God dey. [/quote]
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 31, 2020
Bleep all
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by creamyanne: 1:36pm On Oct 31, 2020
Mine was last month oo. September. Hunger use me play. To open mouth beg sef become serious problem. My friend wey no too get still dey remember to call me to come chop once, once.. Most times na to lock myself cryyyy about situation and mourn my jobless state. Everybody wey see me must mention say I lose weight and dem dey marvel how person go dey house still lean join. Kai! I think tire. Remembered visiting the blessed sacrament one Wednesday and crying my eyes out. That same day someone
called oo, dash me 5k with foodstuff just like dat. before I go understand wetin dey escalate, another 10k from mumcy oo, wey dey complain say house tight. Still dat same week, I was called to resume one small restaurant work with one free meal. Though the pay no follow at all. But its better than nothing.September 2020 was d most terrible month in my entire life. Happy to share my story. Everybody go dey alright las las

16 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by mayorkent(m): 1:37pm On Oct 31, 2020
Mine happened while I was still In school on two occasions , i lived alone + I'm an introvert I didn't know how to ask for help. 1st one fateful Friday I had only had 5h on me, I foolishly went to buy beans and potato 5h and cooked all , lol me way hate beans and it made me bloated .
I ate the beans Friday morning, afternoon and night , lol ,by friday night I was already laying flat
On the ground with serious bloat and stomach pain, but I couldn't call the attention of my neighbours because I didn't talk to anyone , I didn't even know their names even though I had lived in the compound for a year , I couldn't even call anyone on phone because the only friend I had in school travelled for weekend ..
Lol, omo that friday night was the longest night of my life .
Saturday came , Instead of my stupid self to call for help. , I slept in the morning and ate the almost spoilt beans in the afternoon (I couldn't warm it because my gas come finish ).
Lol, Saturday night was another thing , I was in so much pain and all , that I lost track of time it got to a point that I just removed all my clothes , layed flat on the ground and started crying .

From Saturday night to Monday morning , I can't really explain what happened , I was just going through laying on the ground crying ,sleeping , crying and farting lol .
Its was like I was in a trance lol, because I was sure I wasn't on earth , at some point I started reading the bible and singing hymns ..
Last last sha God saved me on Monday morning sha ,
One guy just walked into my room in the morning (its like my door was not locked). And saw me laying naked on the ground ...he sha shouted and thought I was dead... Lol..
He finally brought food and I ate ...by Tuesday morning I could talk and was back to normal ..

smiley smiley smiley
Lesson I learnt that day was that no man is an island, sha get friends way you fit call when e red.

If you have an introvert friend try to day check up on am from time to time .. E no easy ..

My second experience I wrote two complex exams( Engineering mathematics and fluid mechanics ) on an empty stomach ...lol

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Mpanyi: 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2020
zinaunreal:
I've never told anybody this. I felt I should open up since it's online .I was so broke, I had nothing in secondary school. I knew my dad had money but he never gave us face. He'll just give change money for the entire term and forget about us. Spends money on women and I will never forgive him.

One day I was so hungry I had to wait after break time after students had finished eating their snacks. I had to wait to eat crumbs they threw away. God dey. I'm not asking for help but no matter what never neglect your children even if you're are a bad person.

Even as a man I still she'd years when I remember that moment and I try never to think about it

It is well. What doesn't kill one make him stronger

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by vivalavida(m): 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2020
nigerianoakman:
I understand perfectly. Lost my job in 2018. Lives on savings and thereafter started selling assets . Assets done finish. Cut intake to 2 meals a day, currently on 3 meals every two days. Been begging friends, family for sustenance,sometimes they give sometimes they mock...but I keep on moving. World is round men, "situation cannot remain permanent", keeps on driving me. I have 4 kids plus wifey. Children and wifey are supportive and sometimes when there is nothing my wife and daughter sing. Makes me happy and sad at the same time.
That's my story now

Thank God for the kind of wife you have.
God will surely make u the man u were meant to be again.
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by lekki1444: 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2020
Shit i have been broke many times while at university of ife in naija. walking for miles to beg for food lmao. but most of you guys dont know what broke is because i hear during the dark ages in britain they were so poor that people started boiling their leather shoes till it turns to meat so they can eat it grin grin grin

anyway another story of mine. moved from naija and went to new york. was supposed to meet my brother but somehow he vanished. anyway had nowhere to sleep so i sat at the reception area of the harlem general hospital with a bunch of homeless drug addicts and we would sleep on the bench and every 30 minutes the police would come drive us away. when the police leaves we would go back to the bench and start sleeping. then in 30 minutes the NYPD will arrive and drive us away. this got so tiring that i somehow snuck into the staff quarters and saw a bunch of dirty white bedsheets some and slight blood on it, and i just crawled into the bundle of dirty bedsheets and slept TRUE STORY

But today i am richer than otedola and dangote grin grin grin grin grin grin We thank God (OK that part is a lie lol )

20 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Paretomaster1(m): 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2020
Hmmmmm hunger bad o...

I think it was in my 300L or final year just lost my Mum, ( dad died many years back), Went to school hungry, came back, and tried to withdraw 500 naira from like 700 I have in that Campus card introduced by Skye bank then, I treked like 5kms to the ATM point in town, 500 no dey the ATM, the nearest one is like 2kms away, am already fermished, and my eyes almost closing.

I muster courage and start the trekking, scanning the ground for a Miracle note, by the time I got to the ATM, I almost collapse, alas after the long queue, no 500 denomination also, I just kukuma siddon there hopeless.

After much rest, I sighted a guy coming out from the bank approaching his car, I knew he is a student but I don't know him personally, have to rush him, and beg for money, that am stranded.. He gave me 100 naira or so, rather than take cab with it, my people, I located the nearest mama put, and quench my hunger, rested, and start my journey back home.

Back in Lag also, I usually go to my aunt at A papa, I only need transport fare to get there, once am there, I know say I go eat, and she will still give me money.

This faithful day, I have only transport to fare to the place from Ketu, I got to Oshodi to board Apapa bus, alas the fare has gone up, I beg the driver to no avail, have to start asking for money around, hmmmm no one gree give me 20 naira o..

Finally help came from unusual source, as I was about trekking towards charity bustop, so as to cut the journey to the fare I have with me, I approached this NURTW guy, as OMO IGBORO na, I pleaded with Him with tears in my eyes.

He said kilode? Ma sunkun na (meaning don't cry) , he handed me 20 naira note, it feels like he gave me 1m, I thanked him, and go back to the bus park... The rest is history...

My people, its not easy o, thank God its all in the past now...

I can never forget that my aunt, no time I got there, and come back disappointed...

#Hunger bad#

14 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Asquare84(m): 1:39pm On Oct 31, 2020
Laggatumuch:
I suffered both hunger and rejection from my family for being an illegitimate child that the father never agreed to be a father to him saying i wasn't his son, my mom went through terrible things during my birth and that made her hate me with passion, i lived as a househelp in my grandmum's house , that mother to my mum. When my grand mum died life became worse , there was a point i started going for menial jobs and gathered a little bit of money then took off to lagos to hustle , bros life hard me for lagos when i became fustrated i went to scoan for help to even get t.fare to go back home but after telling us they will give us(there were other people there too soliciting for help) they told us to go to welfare , then they chased us away with mobile police. So i said to myself i would go to liberation city at berger but i no get one naira, so i trekked from ikotun to apapa thinking that the berger there was the berger where liberation city is , i used a day for that trekking , when i got there they said liberation city is at ojodu berger , then i trekked from apapa to ojodu berger. they also change am for me there even shouted at me, i no believe my eyes because of wetin i dey watch them do for tv. , i went without food for days . To cut the long story short i left there fustrated. But God still use stranger for around motor park for ojota show me mercy. But today i can say i started in the basement and now am at the rooftop.God changed my story in 2017 and since then i have been living my dream life.Having many assets and helping as many i can help. When my family members saw me they couldn't believe it was me because i was the full definition of poverty before.

How far with your dad and mom that rejected you
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Trent18(m): 1:39pm On Oct 31, 2020
What's up with the good lady now?���
quote author=quisera post=95512577]Happened 2017 during NYSC
I invested all my money in MMM naso MMM crash with my past, present and future savings join NYSC loan wey I take to invest also. I almost died. Was left without a dime and all my paddy travel leave me base on August holiday, I was left all by myself with one Yoruba flatmate wey broke pass me. The saving grace I had that period was the vegetables and corn the indigenes planted round my lodge. Come see as I turn vegetarian automatically, surviving on corns and vegetables. Me and my guy eat without hope of the next meal, na as we see nai we dey chop. The guy man no fit bear the hunger again nai he zab leave me na once automatic fever hold me, I sick once. Laslas sha I got to control babe come, na she come survive me dat period. She was my saving grace. As my Yoruba guy hear say babe don show (base on say he knows she always come loaded) nai the idiot come back come follow me dey chop wetin she bring after leaving me to suffer alone. I told her to make sure she didn't give him anything to eat but base on good girl wey she be she had to plead with me to let it go.
I suffer that period sha[/quote]
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Mrscarter(f): 1:39pm On Oct 31, 2020
chikago1:
I've been broke for the past one year, such that I even contemplated suicide thankfully, I never went through with it ( who knows, I might become the next Dangote in the future, so killing myself won't make sense) . Funny thing is that I could use my work to extort as much as I can but I thank God and my parents for instilling discipline and patience in me. I know there's light ahead.

No matter how hard things get things will eventually get better.
Never think of doing that.
U could have a beautiful life soon enough U never know what's around the corner.
Keep on having patience n being strong.
What doesn't kill us makes us stronger
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by bunnae(f): 1:40pm On Oct 31, 2020
HolyTitus:
My sister, I tire...

This was the same girl God privileged me to ensure she never lack while I was in school when I still had small change till fraudsters hacked my account around May this year and I lost everything.

My mom ensured she stand in for me by occasionally sending her small small change, bought her dresses and all that. I thought this girl understood my condition due to her comforting and spirit - lifting words most when I'm depressed.
how she changed overnight is still a misery.

I'd planned to introduced her formally next year after nysc but the global pandemic couldnt allow us to be posted.
Mehn... So sorry o. All will be well, just keep pushing.
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Fabulouslouie(m): 1:41pm On Oct 31, 2020
chatinent:

Oh thanks.

Please send it instead to the other guy who needs to take care of his sister. ( this guy by name stinjoe)

I appreciate. I can manage.

I hustle through my writing job as indicated in my signature below.
I'm also a writer please and I haven't gotten a gig yet, all this site keeps giving someone false hope. abegg I need connect

fabulouslouie@gmail.com email sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply)

Obi Cubana Hosts His Classmates At DMGS Onitsha In His Anambra Home (Photos) / Bill Gates Joins Instagram From Tanzania (Photos) / Femi Otedola, His Daughters, DJ Cuppy And Temi In London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.