Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life (54772 Views)

Share Your Worst Experience About Online Businesses That You've Done Before. / Share Your Worst Business Experience / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by uncleck: 1:42pm On Oct 31, 2020
I've never been more broke than now
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Davidson267(m): 1:42pm On Oct 31, 2020
Bahamas95:
I haven't experienced it before and I pray it doesn't happen. Even if I don't have anything I must have atleast N500 in my pocket before something bigger enters.

LOL, please pardon my laughter. Your comment cracked me up.........It's well.
it is well bros ...lol
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Humblesam(m): 1:42pm On Oct 31, 2020
kennyz247:

pastor go fit u wella

But that's my testimony.... So I ve to spread it for others that are in that shoe to be hopeful for a better tomorrow.
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by VictoriaNkechi(f): 1:44pm On Oct 31, 2020
well that's what is happening to me right now

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by intruder15(m): 1:46pm On Oct 31, 2020
Humblesam:
Menh I can't forget that fateful day I had only 50 naira in my entire life and was going to Festac town from Ijesha for an appointment.
I used 30 naira for t/fare hoping I'll be back with good news but the result is a story for another day.
I trekked in the hot sun of Lagos from Festac town down to Ijesha with my mind already spending the last 20 naira on garri,groundnut and probably sugar when I get home after the long trekking but something strange happened.
When I got to Ijesha bus stop,getting ready for the final trekking to my street which is like five kilometers from the bus stop, I saw this blind man with his daughter begging, and when I looked at d man, he looked straight to my eye and was begging for something from me.
Initially when I saw that blind man, I felt very grateful that I was a lucky guy,I felt pity and decided to move on with my 20 naira, I would av given him something but it was the last one on me.
Do you know that I ve to trek back from my street after successfully getting to my house to the bus stop just to give that same 20 naira to that blind man? Because my conscience would not let me rest from that moment I set my eye on the blind man...it was telling me, "you can do better by giving that 20naira to the blind man", I thought it was a joke until I submitted.
After that I saw myself crying unconsciously, trekking back home weak,hungry and without hope, but that's not the end of my story.

The following, someone I d never believed will help me, came to my house and took me to his place of work.... Same day, I was interviewed, same day I got my appointment letter,next day...
I started working in that company and the rest is history.

The power of giving.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by HolyTitus(m): 1:47pm On Oct 31, 2020
bunnae:
Mehn... So sorry o. All will be well, just keep pushing.
Thank you Ma

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Humblesam(m): 1:48pm On Oct 31, 2020
DebTem:

Lol... yes,it is.

But I'll just keep trusting God for a miracle.

Just be hopeful.... Situation doesn't last where Hope and Faith rule.
DM me for a tokens.
Tomorrow do same to others.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Mpanyi: 1:49pm On Oct 31, 2020
Toks2008:
You can never understand what it really means to be broke until you have seen millions before experiencing hardship.

From a millionaire at 26 to nothing after I had a terrible autocrash that left me incapacitated for months and It happened shortly after I had invested so much in getting a new office apartment and bought some computers for a cyber cafe business in those days when it was still the real deal.

I spent more than a year recuperating and I became so broke that I was drinking water from morning till night yet nobody knew cos I was always full of smiles. A case of seriously suffering and smiling and I became so lean. The worst part was that I'm the type who hardly disturbs anyone with my problems.

I sold all I had just to feed and the office I rented became a waste cos I was not in good shape to go anywhere.

It got to a point that I called a food hawker in my area and secretly begged her to start selling food for me just once a day that any day I have money...i was not even sure when I will have but surprisingly she said she will be giving me free... It was as if I won a jackpot.

GOD BLESS HER WHERE EVER SHE MAY BE and too Bad I can't even identify her anymore.

No matter what you are going through today please be positive cos weeping may last for a time but you will surely overcome.

Hmmmmm! What a nostalgic feeling.

You have to look for that food seller at least to tell her you appreciate. I love people with good heart.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Pierce008: 1:49pm On Oct 31, 2020
The Kind of thread that gives almost hopeless ones hope.....
Man is still struggling to survive......
Hope and believe that, tommorow get Belle still keep us going......

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Kokoboss: 1:50pm On Oct 31, 2020
Humblesam:

DM me for a tokens.
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Babawale01: 1:52pm On Oct 31, 2020
Amos1423:
I don't beg

Infact almost everyone I know takes me as their father cause of how I just choose to help out but brothers and sisters am just realising that we should always put ourselves first before others cause no body cares the Bleep about you like you do about others.

For two weeks now I no know weting 100 naira looks like, my waist don shift for hunger but believe me my dad told me before leaving for school that it's one of those things that would happen, I sure say If I get through this e get times wey I go siddon remember all this moment and just smile cause shit happens sometimes.

I just recently learnt to always consider myself first in everything I do even though it's something i hate to imagine. Being too selfish is something I do no like but damn it seems everyone around me are so self centered! Maybe just 2 real guys out of them tho.

Well I'm not in the right spot to tell you how to live or what to do but I will only advice you to change that "I don't beg" mentality up there bro... Life is phuckin hard and sometimes we need to drop our ego to get what we want. I personally is someone that would never "beg" for anything even if you put a knife to my neck! I just won't beg or back down but now my broda... I go beg the hell out of you if you hold the keys to my success. . I have seen THINGS in this life and one of it is to always ask for help when you need it. It now depends on whom you're asking favour from tho.
If you like give me and talk bad behind my back.. Na normal thing for life ooo.

So back to the matter of brokenness cheesy ah I don suffer for this life oo. I broke soteh I no get food for house. Nothing except like few cubes of maggi in my kitchen that year. I no chop for whole 2 days and I begin dey see vision anyhow... I don't know if it was my brain or eyes playing prank on me but I swear I started seeing things. I enter kitchen see maggi .. Na so I start to dey unwrap Maggii dey lick one after the other .. I swear to God. It sweet die.. I chop like 10 maggi cube that day come lay on bed thinking what to do... Na so my neighbour bang door... Omo I just laylow without making a single sound. They actually came to ask for nepa bills cuz dem be dey discuss ham before dem knock my door. Dem knock taya I no open then dey left cheesy . Na so belle start to dey worry me. I cry cry but still no fit cry loud make neighbour no know say I dey house. I come sneak out around that kind 630pm for evening go meet one woman weh dey sell food stuffs. I had to Waka a very long distance before I saw that woman. I just enter the shop say madam I won collect my yesterday change.. She replied watin I buy I say noddles. He look my eye come ask how much( I still don't understand that kind look the woman gave me that day cuz e be like say she truly know say I no get any change but na hunger dey deal with my life) .. I say 100# .. She just gave it to me.. Bros I ran off and buy 1cup of rice on my way back home cook with only that Maggi again chop... God I really want to cry now mehn .My life still never balance oo. I just deh pray make God answer my prayers cuz man no fit dey suffer like dis dey go..things MUST change for good!

I see some people are now hijacking this beautiful thread with scam stories though. Why nah?!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by donMIG(m): 1:52pm On Oct 31, 2020
Notin compared to what I'm reading here... So make I jejely pack well
Life hard for naija I swear

God c us tru

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Jefferyhi86(m): 1:53pm On Oct 31, 2020
I tap from this blessings, so good people de this nairaland, so great
HomerTimpson:
manage ke? I don't know how to thank you honestly. You are the first to dash me money in my life,people no dey believe people again but i understand sha.

Thanks man I REALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO THANK YOU BUT I KNOW GOD WILL SURELY DO FOR YOUR GOOD BEHAVIOURS
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Asquare84(m): 1:53pm On Oct 31, 2020
youngdabold19:
It started in August when my uncle's sickness became worse and it entered into stroke.
I was the one financing our home before with my teaching job but during the lockdown it hasnt been easy,I had to quit my job in order to take care of my uncle at home since he is immobile due to his stroke.
Last week,I sold my phone just to provide food.I have even stopped my uncle's treatment because I have exhausted mt savings,My younger neice is currently planning to drop out so she can hawk pure water while the two younger ones go to school.

Any body who can help me with anything,I will be really grateful please,it hasnt been easy on me as my aunt is late.Please I will really appreciate..

David Eze
GTBank

Take away this story from here
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by DebTem(f): 1:53pm On Oct 31, 2020
Humblesam:

DM me for a tokens.

Lol... I am always GRATEFUL,THANKFUL and I believe I'm BLESSED too. The signature I try to always use on my Facebook posts...lol.

I'll REALLY APPRECIATE anything you help with... God bless you
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:55pm On Oct 31, 2020
e go better,what matters is not losing hope and to keep pushing.keep your eyes on the prize.There is light at the end of the tunnel.
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by sodeeqsulaimon88(m): 1:55pm On Oct 31, 2020
This thread got me laughing
Was it 17 or 18th this month I used all the cash in my account 17k to buy feeds for the birds I'm keeping to sell during christmas
I was thinking I'll be able to get cash gbam the lagos state goverment imposed curfew
All thanks to the G4 that i have at home,my prayer is it shouldn't affect my sight
One day I'll look back and say i sacrificed a lot to start my own farm

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Dantee005(m): 1:55pm On Oct 31, 2020
chatinent:

Oh thanks.

Please send it instead to the other guy who needs to take care of his sister. ( this guy by name stinjoe)

I appreciate. I can manage.

I hustle through my writing job as indicated in my signature below.
shocked So people like you still dey...? I'll be honest...: E shock me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Laggatumuch(m): 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2020
Asquare84:

How far with your dad and mom that rejected you
Them don dey claim ownership na
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Asquare84(m): 1:56pm On Oct 31, 2020
englois:
Mine is a case of being trusting. Though I've learnt my lesson cos you will really work hard to earn my trust. So, during NYSC, we just returned in January after the Xmas break. December allawee hasn't be paid and January is just starting. It was later we heard that the 2 months will be paid January ending. I served in Kaduna. My dad gave me #20,000 of which I used 7500 for transport leaving me with 12500. I just got into a relationship with one guy now my ex. He had a private school around my PPA. He called me that he was coming from his base in jos and I should come and meet him at the bus park. He had earlier informed me that he forgot his ATM at his residence around my PPA. So, I should come with his tfare and borrow him #10,000 with the promise that he will reimburse me when he gets hold of his ATM. I innocently agreed with the believe that he will settle me later. What I now had left with me was now #1000 which I exhausted after 1 week. He then ghosted me. Kai I called him, he said he travelled. Thank God I filled my gas cylinder in December before traveling. The villagers were nice. So, I got yams and beans in addition to the little rice I had. The #1000 got exhausted on stew. Then I went broke. I had to go meet the principal who gave me #1000. I suffered. I later broke up with him but up till today I haven't seen the money.till today.

Human being are so wicked

1 Like

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Hassanmaye(m): 1:57pm On Oct 31, 2020
chatinent:

What changed?

Jesu guy why na, why you go disgrace my begging guy.
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Samuelojonla123(m): 1:57pm On Oct 31, 2020
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Danzakidakura(m): 1:58pm On Oct 31, 2020
Reads all the comments I have been there once. Thank God were we are today. Once ate garri with red oil and onions.but to God be the glory
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Asquare84(m): 1:58pm On Oct 31, 2020
Chapter1vs6:
good evening. Please I need your help. I am Fraustrated about how things are turning.

I am still struggling to get a job but I haven't been so lucky. I
don't have any money on me to move around with my CV
I can't afford to eat and put body and soul together. my eyes has changed due to hunger and I can't even see talkless of a greaterfuture

I am finding it hard to think constructively towards my ambition due to hunger. I can't even afford to eat and it's already 1pm. Please help me GTB 01 22242718
cc mysteriouspee

Meet your pastor for assistance
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by nedekid: 1:59pm On Oct 31, 2020
ostinz:
2 odd Korea vs Germany 2018 WC
Guy which option you play?? Because Germany straight win no reach 1.4 sef
Till today, I still no understand this gambling of a think. I just de hear 2 odds, sure banger etc grin

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Asquare84(m): 2:00pm On Oct 31, 2020
Moschinochimma:
The daY I went for interview at magodo, thinking I was late I decided to board bikes to get there early. Using all I had . After the interview I had no option than to meet d interviewer whom I felt could be of assistance.. Omo nothing oo , I haD to treck from magodo to Egbeda..
The other was o job interview at surulere not knowing it was GNLD.. on getting there to realize I was fooled I got angry and started calling the number that sent me the interview text but to no avail,. I wanted to unleash all the anger n collect d money I wasted but d number wasn't reached. I trecked home from bode thomos to Egbeda . I caNt forget the ABoki thaT gave me water when I went to ask him. I just pray God changes my story . Almost most of the streets of Lagos knows the sound of my shoes..
Help Ur brother . Not had anything since yesterday. I know u may not believe me . I can give u my address for u to confirm this. Atleast for d sake of my kids plz.
0128236694 GTBank. Thanks

Meet your pastor for assistance
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Mexyz(m): 2:00pm On Oct 31, 2020
Bashnigga:

See my man, how've u been longest time...
Boss I dey good oo... Only be say me no really know the person behind this moniker o

Boss help your guy out o, no vex
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Dantee005(m): 2:01pm On Oct 31, 2020
Brokedom and me no be stranger... There was a time I was so broke dat I had only 150 naira with me home and abroad... Dats when I knew dat there's hw u go broke reach hungry no go catch you....
After this COVID 19 period I've been without a job since April after my company dropped workers but somehow God has been seeing me through... Seeing stories here on nairaland touched me to my core and really wish I could help... It also made me realize how lucky I am...
Imagine a young guy living in lasgidi without a job since april.... And somehow I've been surviving and pushing ahead...
To everyone out there still struggling, keep moving something is going to happen soon.... Remain blessed...��

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Kokoboss: 2:01pm On Oct 31, 2020
Danzakidakura:
Reads all the comments I have been there once. Thank God were we are today. Once ate garri with red oil and onions.but to God be the glory
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Hassanmaye(m): 2:02pm On Oct 31, 2020
grin
AirBay:
Back in 2014 February I had #70 as my last bar undecided for 1week. I was drinking garri with #10 groundnut per day grin

Today I am posting this with Samsung S20 5G grin
Re: Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life by Dantee005(m): 2:02pm On Oct 31, 2020
Brokedom and me no be stranger... There was a time I was so broke dat I had only 150 naira with me home and abroad... Dats when I knew dat there's hw u go broke reach hungry no go catch you....
After this COVID 19 period I've been without a job since April after my company dropped workers but somehow God has been seeing me through... Seeing stories here on nairaland touched me to my core and really wish I could help... It also made me realize how lucky I am...
Imagine a young guy living in lasgidi without a job since april.... And somehow I've been surviving and pushing ahead...
To everyone out there still struggling, keep moving something is going to happen soon.... Remain blessed...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply)

Obi Cubana Hosts His Classmates At DMGS Onitsha In His Anambra Home (Photos) / Bill Gates Joins Instagram From Tanzania (Photos) / Femi Otedola, His Daughters, DJ Cuppy And Temi In London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.