Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,488 members, 7,812,519 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. (4712 Views)

Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State / Pictures Of Sanwo-Olu And Wike Commissioning Projects In Rivers / Caption This Photo Of Peter Obi And Wike (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by suremanpatriot: 12:39am On Nov 01, 2020
igbo youths are their own enemies,because they hav been brainwashed to believe they can survive in isolation.
See common onions and tomatoes done cost there now them they shout. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by greensandy: 1:41am On Nov 01, 2020
SuperBold:

If you want to be truthful, you will know the endsars have political undertone, other tribe didn't allow you to use their state for protest, even your governor in enugu sent flavor and phyno home like they were not igbos, but in Lagos where they allow it, you decide to turn it to destroy our land, even if Sanwo olu invited soldier, will he tell them to come and shoot them? Isn't the same thing wike is doing in Rivers, he gave them permission to kill igbos? Why single out Sanwo olu, tell me one governor that's better than Sanwo olu in the east that is handling this endsar issues? You have taught us a valuable lesson, thank you

God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by greensandy: 1:42am On Nov 01, 2020
tartar9:

Lol...the occupation of the average igbo in their host community is literally CRIME
Try another argument.

That is it.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by azzima(m): 2:01am On Nov 01, 2020
9japride:
Most people envy successful people. How many times have you heard Igbos attacked their host unprovoked? Unlike a certain tribe that kill for fun and carry dagger as toys. So much hate in our society. I don't think its going to end anytime soon, such a wicked world we live in. The youths of southern Nigeria should learn early to identify those who wish them well.
BUT I have heard igbos CURSE their hosts SEVERALLY!. Words like "Lagos is a no man's land ( Can I call Anambra a no man's land), "We are the LANDLORDS and our Hosts are the TENANTS), "We help you DEVELOP your land" bla bla. NO OTHER TRIBE in Nigeria DRAG INDIGINESHIP with their host BUT Igbos. Even AMONGST tribes, it is SACROSANCT for them to drag INDIGINESHIP...for example , you can NEVER hear Akure man( that was born and raised in Ibadan )tell the Ibadan man that Ibadan is a no man's land. EVEN within a State, you cannot hear a itsekiri man tell a Bini man that Benin is a no man's land......AFRICANS dont do such because they are very proud of their ancestral land, WHY will they do gra gra over ANOTHER man's land ONLY IGBOS do such. They are PRESENTLY trying to let some SW state give them INDIGINESHIP rights because they were born in that State. ...so an Igbo man can claim that he is a Benue man JUST because he was born there, can you IMAGINE?? BUT they will NEVER try that in the North o..... They know BETTER!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by Mathantics: 5:13am On Nov 01, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:
Go and say this nonsense in Oyigbo. They have something sweet for you

I will quote you again when you confirm it. I will ask you "How far"
Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by Chigold101(m): 5:29am On Nov 01, 2020
muykem:
Igbo is having problem with fulani, hausas, Yoruba, ijaw and now Wike. Why? I thought igbo are supporting Wike wholeheartedly against Amechi.
and Wike is not Igbo...?
Funny people
Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by Dede1(m): 6:00am On Nov 01, 2020
Ndigbo are not turncoats. They say what they mean and mean what they say.
Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by Dede1(m): 6:04am On Nov 01, 2020
muykem:
This is another mind set that put igbo against their host. All resources available to igbo both home and abroad is not up to Adeunga wealth not to talk of Dangote. There's no field of endeavour that igbo is the first in the country so who is envy who?

Did you ever pause and ask yourself why did my forbearers fight a war to keep Ndigbo and Biafrans in Nigeria?
Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by 9japride(m): 6:06am On Nov 01, 2020
azzima:
BUT I have heard igbos CURSE their hosts SEVERALLY!. Words like "Lagos is a no man's land ( Can I call Anambra a no man's land), "We are the LANDLORDS and our Hosts are the TENANTS), "We help you DEVELOP your land" bla bla. NO OTHER TRIBE in Nigeria DRAG INDIGINESHIP with their host BUT Igbos. Even AMONGST tribes, it is SACROSANCT for them to drag INDIGINESHIP...for example , you can NEVER hear Akure man( that was born and raised in Ibadan )tell the Ibadan man that Ibadan is a no man's land. EVEN within a State, you cannot hear a itsekiri man tell a Bini man that Benin is a no man's land......AFRICANS dont do such because they are very proud of their ancestral land, WHY will they do gra gra over ANOTHER man's land ONLY IGBOS do such. They are PRESENTLY trying to let some SW state give them INDIGINESHIP rights because they were born in that State. ...so an Igbo man can claim that he is a Benue man JUST because he was born there, can you IMAGINE?? BUT they will NEVER try that in the North o..... They know BETTER!
[color=#006600][/color]

Most negative comments here on nairaland are being done by outsiders and not Igbos to cause division in the south. The truth about Lagos state is that its a home for everyone, because of its former status as federal capital. All Nigerians developed it, so I don't know why its a problem to anyone? So are you telling me tomorrow that one tribe will solely claim the ownership of all infrastructures in Abuja?. Abuja is also home for all. That's the benefit of one Nigeria. Until divide, all Nigerians have equal ownership to Lagos and Abuja. Its just pure envy and hatred that is the driving force of most Nigerians towards Igbos. Its an African thing, that's why in this modern era people are still beheading their fellow man for rituals, tribal supremacy and also for fun. Blacks needs to grow up. Most Igbos are usually proud and outspoken which other tribes despise. Why won't you blow your trumpet loud when one excel in the midst of wickedness in a society that deliberately tries to put Igbos down.
Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 01, 2020
kalu61:
Let me tell you the bitter truth devoid of tribal sentiment. Civilization and development comes with great consequences. History told me so. Look at America today. Do you know the naive Americans. I mean those tribes whose land is America now have been almost annihilated and the poorest in America than even a poor Nigeria has bright future than them.

Look out for the Lakota people of America in their reservations.

In years to come Lagos will be in same category. Tinubu is not Lagosian hope you know according Gorge. Igbos are in Lagos politics. Time will come others tribes and travilers will join and the indigenous people will be sideline.

One indicator to that's is selling of their and due to economy expansion. One day, they will have no land

Every tribe is welcome

1 Like

Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 01, 2020
Obiobidgbo14:

You are wrong, go to Yoruba churches Igbos are there worshipping together with great commitment.If Igbo man opens a church you people will call it Igbo church and avoid it.Have you seen where Yoruba community were attacked in Igbo land?.Igbos believed in live and let me live
What does that have to do with Igbo intolerance? Average igbo man is shy in real world but a demon on social media

3 Likes

Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by femi4: 7:05am On Nov 01, 2020
muykem:
Igbo is having problem with fulani, hausas, Yoruba, ijaw and now Wike. Why? I thought igbo are supporting Wike wholeheartedly against Amechi.
They are self centered

4 Likes

Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 01, 2020
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Most negative comments here on nairaland are being done by outsiders and not Igbos to cause division in the south. The truth about Lagos state is that its a home for everyone, because of its former status as federal capital. All Nigerians developed it, so I don't know why its a problem to anyone? So are you telling me tomorrow that one tribe will solely claim the ownership of all infrastructures in Abuja?. Abuja is also home for all. That's the benefit of one Nigeria. Until divide, all Nigerians have equal ownership to Lagos and Abuja. Its just pure envy and hatred that is the driving force of most Nigerians towards Igbos. Its an African thing, that's why in this modern era people are still beheading their fellow man for rituals, tribal supremacy and also for fun. Blacks needs to grow up. Most Igbos are usually proud and outspoken which other tribes despise. Why won't you blow your trumpet loud when one excel in the midst of wickedness in a society that deliberately tries to put Igbos down.

Lagos is former Capital it belong to SOUTH WEST NOW

4 Likes

Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by Kondomatic(m): 7:21am On Nov 01, 2020
Afamed:
They always want to dominate their host
This is why I don't understand you "One Nigerianists"

How do you host one in his country? Does that even sound right and reasonable?

1 Like

Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by Kondomatic(m): 7:24am On Nov 01, 2020
muykem:
If they supported Wike wholeheartedly, and Wike is killing them, don't you think the problem now is Wike and not Igbos?

1 Like

Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by 9japride(m): 8:05am On Nov 01, 2020
SuperBold:

Lagos is former Capital it belong to SOUTH WEST NOW
[color=#006600][/color]

Its in south west region. But all Nigerians will benefit from it. We all are one Nigeria
Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by Kingspin(m): 8:11am On Nov 01, 2020
Afamed:
They always want to dominate their host
You need to come with clean heart.
Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by muykem: 8:23am On Nov 01, 2020
Kondomatic:
If they supported Wike wholeheartedly, and Wike is killing them, don't you think the problem now is Wike and not Igbos?
They do have problem with almost everybody even outside the country hence the concern.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by jude79(m): 8:37am On Nov 01, 2020
Igbochief001:

Dominate how ? Give example

Haven't you heard of Igbo herdsmen, that chase you away from your farms, rape your women, and ultimately occupy and rename your land. If you doubt me ask YMM.
Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by azzima(m): 9:41am On Nov 01, 2020
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Being a NIGERIAN gives you ACCESS to ANYWHERE within the borders of Nigeria BUT it does NOT give you the right OVER the ancestral land of your host . As Africans, we must be PROUD of our Ancestral land, ONLY a BASTARD will argue AGAINST this point....ain't you proud of your land Will you ALLOW a Hausa man to say Enugu is his land JUST because he is a Nigerian Heck no you will say! Enugu BELONGS to igbos EVEN THOUGH the Hausa man has a right as a Nigerian to live in Enugu. But I have NEVER seen ANY other tribe drag this issue with any other tribe BUT the igbos..... WHAT is really WRONG with you guys WHAT are you running from It is becoming nauseating......are you not African Love your land and leave others ALONE!!!
Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by jude79(m): 10:17am On Nov 01, 2020
Mancrossfire:

That's very true. Imagine changing the name from oyigbo to obigbo. Ndiara people!
I thought it was the other way round, I mean according to history
Anyway, what's the meaning of oyigbo.
Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by Bigmanpickin: 11:36am On Nov 01, 2020
muykem:
This is another mind set that put igbo against their host. All resources available to igbo both home and abroad is not up to Adeunga wealth not to talk of Dangote. There's no field of endeavour that igbo is the first in the country so who is envy who?
I quoted this not because you made any sense but just to highlight this and that this is factually a lie!
Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by muykem: 11:46am On Nov 01, 2020
Bigmanpickin:
I quoted this not because you made any sense but just to highlight this and that this is factually a lie!
But the last part is not a lie ba?

1 Like

Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by Bigmanpickin: 11:54am On Nov 01, 2020
muykem:
But the last part is not a lie ba?
Its all nonsense tbf
Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by 9japride(m): 12:03pm On Nov 01, 2020
azzima:
Being a NIGERIAN gives you ACCESS to ANYWHERE within the borders of Nigeria BUT it does NOT give you the right OVER the ancestral land of your host . As Africans, we must be PROUD of our Ancestral land, ONLY a BASTARD will argue AGAINST this point....ain't you proud of your land Will you ALLOW a Hausa man to say Enugu is his land JUST because he is a Nigerian Heck no you will say! Enugu BELONGS to igbos EVEN THOUGH the Hausa man has a right as a Nigerian to live in Enugu. But I have NEVER seen ANY other tribe drag this issue with any other tribe BUT the igbos..... WHAT is really WRONG with you guys WHAT are you running from It is becoming nauseating......are you not African Love your land and leave others ALONE!!!
[color=#006600][/color]

Nobody is claiming anyone ancestral land. Why are none indigenes especially from other western States mischievously taking over Lagos state while abandoning their base? Its like having a situation where those from Kaduna, Kastina, Sokoto starts to claim ownership of Abuja, because that is what is happening in Lagos. The benefits of one Nigeria is for all Nigerians irrespective of their zone can claim sole ownership of any areas that is developed by the sweat of all hardworking people of the country especially in federal capital territory until Nigeria ceased to exist.
Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by Mancrossfire: 3:27pm On Nov 01, 2020
jude79:

I thought it was the other way round, I mean according to history
Anyway, what's the meaning of oyigbo.

The history you knew is a doctored history by the early igbo traders that sojourn there.
The ogoni people owned that land and they were very hospitable. Igbo traders were welcome from the east in ancient times when they came with their business. As time passes by they brought in their relatives and became more in numbers even outnumbered the indigenous people.
They started dragging land and Title with the indigenous owner of the land.
They took a step further by altering the name from "oyii-igbo" to obigbo.
"Oyigbo" which is the short form of "Oyii igbo" means you will be our friends.
That's was the treaty entered into by the early igbos and the indigenous people of the land. That if you are coming to stay here with us, you will be our friends not enemies. Unfortunately the igbos has an ulterior motive.
Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by Coneheadyutes(m): 6:00pm On Nov 01, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:
Go and say this nonsense in Oyigbo. They have something sweet for you

This unity begging is taking you guys to extreme heights.

You now support the killing of people that don't want to belong with you guys.
Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 01, 2020
Coneheadyutes:

This unity begging is taking you guys to extreme heights.

You now support the killing of people that don't want to belong with you guys.

nobody is supporting the killing of Igbos. It won't add anything to me..You guys killed Muslims and destroyed their properties for no just reason..Now karma is fuckin you through every hole, you are complaining.
Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by Coneheadyutes(m): 6:14pm On Nov 01, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:
nobody is supporting the killing of Igbos. It won't add anything to me..You guys killed Muslims and destroyed their properties for no just reason..Now karma is fuckin you through every hole, you are complaining.

I have nothing against muslims since I'm non-religious, but, please, take time to read this article.

https://cruxnow.com/church-in-africa/2020/08/nigeria-is-becoming-worlds-biggest-killing-ground-of-christians/

You're just one of them anti-igbo fagg0ts
Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by kingsavage: 7:01pm On Nov 01, 2020
tartar9:

Lol...the occupation of the average igbo in their host community is literally CRIME
Try another argument.
you just killed igbos cc Dede1 grin grin
Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by kingsavage: 7:02pm On Nov 01, 2020
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

So funny. Igbos are peaceful and very lovely people. I guess everyone knows the violent tribe and dagger carriers. Hate has a way of covering ones mind towards seeing positive side of lovely and hardworking people.
they are peaceful and they are been treated ike trash in South Africa, ghana, China, India, Singapore, Malaysia, etc

1 Like

Re: IPOB And Wike Face Off; Why Is It Difficult For Igbo To Have Friends. by kingsavage: 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2020
IGBOSON1:

Bros, you go wait tire!

Their intense and insane dislike for Igbos is one of the reasons Nigeria is where it is today! Up to 95% of them are from two ethnic grps, but they want to try and sell the narrative that it's the rest of Nugeria against Ndigbo!
shutup igbo man.. ND don't like you and want you grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan / Final Voter Register: 73. 5 Million Voters Eligible For Election / Igbo Man Named Mohammed Is The Mayor Of Atlanta Georgia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.