Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,468 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 (17137 Views)

Oil Soars Above $93, Nigeria’s Revenue Prospects Brighten / BUA Posts Unaudited H1 2020 Financial Results, Revenue Rises To ₦101.3 Billion / Federal Government To Auction N100 Billion Bonds On March 27 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by Rugaria: 11:40am On Nov 02, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

A lot of the profit which these companies are claiming they make is not true at all they are highly inflated. I know companies last year which were making over 100 billion Naira profit and they still shut down. Just look at the bank they claim they made hundreds of billions of Naira profit and what happened they are not Justified into other African markets because they market in Nigeria is Contracting. What I have noticed in Nigeria nobody tells the truth etisalat was a good example with over 230 billion US dollar profit in just went down. Companies which are making massive losses they would be still saying they are making profit in this country. 2 years ago I was working for a firm in Lagos they claimed they made a profit of 45 billion naira and submitted it to the Federal Government only to find out they were in 20 billion Naira loss the company is now closed. In fact in some cases the government will tell you to inflate your figures

You do have a valid point..

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 02, 2020
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck

Niggarr!!

The real winners are MTN and those who spend extravagantly on data and get their returns in multiple folds.

Thats why my I'm always logged on to my Nord, with my Fake GPS roaming around the world anonymously trying to get paid.

Thats why I'm always talking to American and Indian hackers not forgetting my Nigerian brothers, trying to keep up with new updates.

Thats why I'm always high on my molly way lest I lose guard and get distracted.

I said what I said, niggarr!!

Xup Niggar, I'd like to get some updates from you broaa, Especially on that VPN and Nord thingy broaa.
Woulda send you an email but shit,I gatto tell you first,I can't just bump up on a niggar like that, you feel me dawg ?
Just mention me if it's ok if I send you an email so we can have a little chat,or anyway at all. wink
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 11:43am On Nov 02, 2020
Rugaria:

You do have a valid point..

Just look at this year the amount of companies which were making hundreds of billions of Naira profit a lot of them have now shut down. GTB bank is one of the good examples with all their profit they started cutting workers cutting workforce moving a lot of things onto the internet and also diversified into other African Market some of these profits are not realistic and they are heavily inflated

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by 247man: 11:43am On Nov 02, 2020
Kingv:
And our Glo is busy with endless adverts instead of to fixing the “rain-drop signal-off” Syndrome

Fyi glo makes more than that. They dont need to declare like mtn cos they are not in d stock market. Sharp guy. Alaga dey Chop and clean mouth
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by Jostoman: 11:47am On Nov 02, 2020
PLATO1U:
Irrespective of their expenses, they are making cool cash and are profitting.

just subscribe 4gb now and before you check one or two things everything is gone.
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by Playermayweda(m): 11:49am On Nov 02, 2020
They need to do something about dem network
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by Kzinne: 11:51am On Nov 02, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

A lot of the profit which these companies are claiming they make is not true at all they are highly inflated. I know companies last year which were making over 100 billion Naira profit and they still shut down. Just look at the bank they claim they made hundreds of billions of Naira profit and what happened they are not Justified into other African markets because they market in Nigeria is Contracting. What I have noticed in Nigeria nobody tells the truth etisalat was a good example with over 230 billion US dollar profit in just went down. Companies which are making massive losses they would be still saying they are making profit in this country. 2 years ago I was working for a firm in Lagos they claimed they made a profit of 45 billion naira and submitted it to the Federal Government only to find out they were in 20 billion Naira loss the company is now closed. In fact in some cases the government will tell you to inflate your figures
don't forget that these figures are audited by reputable firms like kpmg, pwc

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by 2cribz: 11:56am On Nov 02, 2020
They are like spare tyre on a bumpy pot hiled road. No unlimited data, no free data,just bunch of useless youtube data bonus. Mtn no get signal like that . Unless u go buy signal repeater put for house
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by MrJavaS: 11:56am On Nov 02, 2020
They have sense....at least their night plan alone gives revenue. Also the special offers help too. I pity 9mobile
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by LanceTrend: 11:57am On Nov 02, 2020
Way to go. Thumbs up.

Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by CodeTemplar: 12:02pm On Nov 02, 2020
octavian:

Honestly speaking most of the Towers are not owned by MTN, they are owned by IHS & ATC, most of the Experience Centers painted in Yellow were outsourced to vendors, the same applies to Call Centers as well... Though they spend on Diesel to power their offices, but the headache belongs to IHS & ATC who have a signed SLA with them to keep the sites up, they only pay monthly charges to the TOWERCO's
The cost still gets transfered to MTN as consultancy charges and carries extra profit.
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by charlesucheh(m): 12:11pm On Nov 02, 2020
well! good for them!

I still blame Globacom for not being able to meet up with the competition...
giving out loads of data bundles and Awoofs with poor coverage!!!!

I forgot! they came into business bearing the Nigerian colour! how would they have been better

Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by hotseat: 12:24pm On Nov 02, 2020
This profit is damned exploitative! Haba! All at the expense of hapless Nigerians. The price for data needs to be reviewed downwards. Even though they and their Nigerian collaborators are in business to make profit, this type of profit is the Shylock type.
SAVE NIGERIANS FROM EXPLOITATION!
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by Olakunleyakub(m): 12:25pm On Nov 02, 2020
This is great news.

Covid19 played a major role in this their newly improved profit margin.

Glo has alot to do to meet this people market share and growth.

I truly wish glo is the marker leader in this telecom Industry but I think they av not done an adequate market research to compete favourably with Mtn .
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:27pm On Nov 02, 2020
Very good profit margin though their services is not 100% with some rip offs
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by dopedan(m): 12:35pm On Nov 02, 2020
phr0nesis:
Where their billions are coming from:

BOO: I love you
BAE: I love you more
BOO: I love you more than more
BAE: I love you a 1000x than more
BOO: Alright bae goodnight, cut the call
BAE: No you cut the call
.....No you cut the call
.....You cut the call.............
it will still end in tears
Bleep love man
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by Fairview1: 12:46pm On Nov 02, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Raking such humongous amount monthly?
Hope they're not owing Nigeria anyway

Revenue is not Profit. Don't forget that.
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by CodeTemplar: 12:56pm On Nov 02, 2020
TecM0:
2020 is the year of ICT and Telecommunications

Amazon made major profit this year
The lockdown too helped their sales. Data specifically. People were online more this year.
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by oluwwasheun(m): 12:57pm On Nov 02, 2020
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by TecM0: 12:57pm On Nov 02, 2020
CodeTemplar:
The lockdown too helped their sales. Data specifically. People were online more this year.

True

Look at Zoom and TicToc they made good revenue during lockdown
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 1:20pm On Nov 02, 2020
Kzinne:
don't forget that these figures are audited by reputable firms like kpmg, pwc

I agree with you worried it's A reputable firms which cost a lot of bank to collapse. If it is what you submit to them which day work on. If you have gone to auditor's before you will know the financial record which to submit to them is what they work on . I can give you a good example the company which I was with they submitted some record for about 50 million Naira profit for that year surprisingly when I checked the auditors record the figures were increased to 250 million naira for that year. The reason why they did this is to get more people to invest in the company if the financial records look bigger. nobody wants to put his money into a company which is small on making small profit. even the best countries in the world America Aaron was inflating their figures also British Petroleum and mobil inflated girl at one time
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by phr0nesis(m): 1:22pm On Nov 02, 2020
dopedan:
it will still end in tears
Bleep love man
Lol
I tell you bro
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by Kzinne: 1:26pm On Nov 02, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

I agree with you worried it's A reputable firms which cost a lot of bank to collapse. If it is what you submit to them which day work on. If you have gone to auditor's before you will know the financial record which to submit to them is what they work on . I can give you a good example the company which I was with they submitted some record for about 50 million Naira profit for that year surprisingly when I checked the auditors record the figures were increased to 250 million naira for that year. The reason why they did this is to get more people to invest in the company if the financial records look bigger. nobody wants to put his money into a company which is small on making small profit. even the best countries in the world America Aaron was inflating their figures also British Petroleum and mobil inflated girl at one time
haha. True most companies will like to inflate figures to get investors
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by TruthinAction: 1:34pm On Nov 02, 2020
I don't see why Nigeria should be borrowing. Taxes from companies like this can sustain development in the country. Unless the taxes are going into private pockets. Imagine if 30% tax is paid which is the average tax rate in US, Nigeria will gain up to 30 billion naira monthly just from one company.

Effective taxation alone can give us even trillions of Naira monthly.
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by aleeyus(m): 1:59pm On Nov 02, 2020
datola:
Well managed company, unlike Nigeria.

L grin L Nigeria na company?

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by drmuchin: 2:00pm On Nov 02, 2020
Onyeedum:
Mtn has the potential to become the free bank we be waiting for... MoMoPay is the answer.

HOW DOES MOMOPAY WORK? KINDLY ELUCIDATE!
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by octavian(m): 2:31pm On Nov 02, 2020
CodeTemplar:
The cost still gets transfered to MTN as consultancy charges and carries extra profit.

Loll from my little knowledge of the sector, once you sign an agreement with the TOWERCo, all fees are negotiated so whether inflation happens or not it's not the TELCO's problem rather the TOWERCO's.

I believe the TOWERCO's also know how to protect themselves against inflation so the negotiation is always tight until an agreement is reached. Assuming a TOWERCO keep transferring all the consultancy charges to MTN for all sites hmmm, the money no go small....
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 02, 2020
MTN is the best
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by shadeyinka(m): 3:11pm On Nov 02, 2020
CodeTemplar:
This is revenue, though it averages N106B per month. The prospect of a good profit margin cannot be argued against, truth is they end up doing a lot of things they shouldn't be doing by themselves and that opens the door for adjustment to recurrent expenses.

Imagine the diesel they burn to keep each mast alive then multiple that by the number of mast they every 3km in cities and every 5km along busy highways. That's huge expenses incurred due to a weak power supply system in the country.
Telcos this size clearly isn't for start ups or experimenting entrepreneurs.
What I see is 100 billion Naira out of Nigerians income going to South Africa monthly. Our economic experts thinks it is good for the nation!
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by NinjaMetahuman: 3:26pm On Nov 02, 2020
CodeTemplar:
This is revenue, though it averages N106B per month. The prospect of a good profit margin cannot be argued against, truth is they end up doing a lot of things they shouldn't be doing by themselves and that opens the door for adjustment to recurrent expenses.

Imagine the diesel they burn to keep each mast alive then multiple that by the number of mast they every 3km in cities and every 5km along busy highways. That's huge expenses incurred due to a weak power supply system in the country.
Telcos this size clearly isn't for start ups or experimenting entrepreneurs.
again with the diesel they burn blanks bls.

No serious telecommunication company around the world rely on government power.

They generate their own power from different sources.
Even if they do, they pay extra money than normal consumers which will equate to the so called diesel money.
Re: MTN Nigeria Revenue Rises To N100 Billion Monthly In 2020 by Hassanmaye(m): 3:28pm On Nov 02, 2020
Blood of Zachariah!!! What!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dangote Richest In Africa For 7th Year – Forbes / You Can Open your UAE verify Paypal Account as Nigerian Free Without VPN / Problem Facing Business Enterprises In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.