Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,063 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Nine Nigerians Contesting In Tuesday’s U.S. Elections - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nine Nigerians Contesting In Tuesday’s U.S. Elections (49644 Views)

Igbo Presidency: Okorocha Hints On Contesting In 2023 Presidential Election / 8 Yorubas Contesting In Tuesday’s U.S. Elections / Yahya Jammeh Ordered Illegal Execution Of Nine Nigerians In Gambia – Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine Nigerians Contesting In Tuesday’s U.S. Elections by Teyiz: 11:52pm On Nov 02, 2020
You forgot Austin Change from Benue that's contesting for Governorship in Michigan under the platform of Republican.
Re: Nine Nigerians Contesting In Tuesday’s U.S. Elections by 9gerian: 1:25am On Nov 03, 2020
@bold. The Yorubas are far much more in the US and UK than other Nigerian tribes because opportunities abound, but are not much in the SE because there are not much opportunities in the SE like there are in their own SW domain. This is why Yorubas do not troop to SE as much.

If there are professional opportunities anywhere, you can rest, assured that Yorubas would be the majority in such climes!

TheRealestGuy:

We all know how voters in Igbo dominated areas in Lagos were harrassed and beaten up for daring to exercise their franchise.

Who says other tribes can't contest in the east?

Have we seen any such incidents like the one I referred to above in the east?

Abeg carry yourself out of my mention, you that probably haven't ever left Lagos and Ibadan you're here telling me about how the Easterners are.

2 Likes

Re: Nine Nigerians Contesting In Tuesday’s U.S. Elections by EmekaA125(m): 1:30am On Nov 03, 2020
piper7:

Can you allow us to contest in Enugu Or IMO?
Sure, you are free to. It's an open contest if you have the wherewithal and what it takes to win.
Re: Nine Nigerians Contesting In Tuesday’s U.S. Elections by YouAreFinished: 1:45am On Nov 03, 2020
Chiedu4Trump:

No Northerner one this list,
never any notherner apart from Fulani Herdsmen & Boko Haram
Just one nyanmiri and eight Yoruba's undecided..the only time igbos dominate any list is criminals awaiting firing squad.
Useless things!
Re: Nine Nigerians Contesting In Tuesday’s U.S. Elections by Chiedu4Trump: 6:05am On Nov 03, 2020
YouAreFinished:

Just one nyanmiri and eight Yoruba's undecided..the only time igbos dominate any list is criminals awaiting firing squad.
Useless things!

You will never see a Northerner with anything but violence

Northern citizen
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12605795_cowproudlynigeria_jpege52459d672f805a3325dedca513af693
Re: Nine Nigerians Contesting In Tuesday’s U.S. Elections by Nobody: 6:13am On Nov 03, 2020
Oritsewhandey:

Yoruba!
The only tribe HOLDING NIGERIA TOGETHER.
The most special people in Nigeria.
The only tribe race most TRUTHFUL.
The only most LIBERAL TRIBE.

The only people most respected by HAUSA & FULANI.

Only tribe that is most special.
Yorubaland where FOREIGNERS troop too.

My beloved land. The land of Adewumis, Semilores, Adeyinkas, Oyinloyes, ... most beautiful land.

The land survivors of distress run to & survive.

The land of @Seun Osewa, Soyinka- the first Noble price laureate in Africa.

Respect to my land.

Are u an Itsekiri?
Re: Nine Nigerians Contesting In Tuesday’s U.S. Elections by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 03, 2020
stayclearofme:

Lol... cheesy did you say low density of Yorubas in any part of the country? That is absolutely wrong. Let me deviate a little, do you know the population of Yorubas in the North and in South South ? Go to Rivers State for example Yorubas have so many communities over there places like Aluu, Ogbogoro, Omagwa, Eliozu etc. In the North apart from the natives and Ibos the Yorubas are next in population.
In Imo State for example go to places like Uruatta, world bank, in Imo State Yorubas are populated there. Enugu is not an exception...I can go on and on , you can also carry out your own research.
So if it is the population we have it but you won't be allowed to contest as ordinary councillor talkless of a bigger post and they tell you to your face that you are not from here.
That fact that the Oba of Lagos said his own openly doesn't mean Your own kings don't., they do! But that was very wrong of him.
No where in Ibo land will they allow you to contest if you are not a native. I have people who have tried it..even if we don't have the population the person contesting might be popular within the area so what stops him from contesting? It is up to them to vote him or not.
I will tell you a lot about Ibos, I lived for years with them, I speak Ibo and my wife is Ibo!
Are u from Ogbomoso. I heard they are travel a lot.
Re: Nine Nigerians Contesting In Tuesday’s U.S. Elections by stayclearofme: 7:11am On Nov 03, 2020
gomojam:
Are u from Ogbomoso. I heard they are travel a lot.
No sir I am from Abeokuta.

1 Like

Re: Nine Nigerians Contesting In Tuesday’s U.S. Elections by TheRealestGuy(m): 10:07am On Nov 03, 2020
stayclearofme:

Lol... cheesy did you say low density of Yorubas in any part of the country? That is absolutely wrong. Let me deviate a little, do you know the population of Yorubas in the North and in South South ? Go to Rivers State for example Yorubas have so many communities over there places like Aluu, Ogbogoro, Omagwa, Eliozu etc. In the North apart from the natives and Ibos the Yorubas are next in population.
In Imo State for example go to places like Uruatta, world bank, in Imo State Yorubas are populated there. Enugu is not an exception...I can go on and on , you can also carry out your own research.
So if it is the population we have it but you won't be allowed to contest as ordinary councillor talkless of a bigger post and they tell you to your face that you are not from here.
That fact that the Oba of Lagos said his own openly doesn't mean Your own kings don't., they do! But that was very wrong of him.
No where in Ibo land will they allow you to contest if you are not a native. I have people who have tried it..even if we don't have the population the person contesting might be popular within the area so what stops him from contesting? It is up to them to vote him or not.
I will tell you a lot about Ibos, I lived for years with them, I speak Ibo and my wife is Ibo!

Can you compare any of those population you're talking about to say the population of Igbos in Festac/Amuwo?

That's my whole point.

And please it's Igbo not Ibo.

Cheers.
Re: Nine Nigerians Contesting In Tuesday’s U.S. Elections by TheRealestGuy(m): 10:24am On Nov 03, 2020
9gerian:
@bold. The Yorubas are far much more in the US and UK than other Nigerian tribes because opportunities abound, but are not much in the SE because there are not much opportunities in the SE like there are in their own SW domain. This is why Yorubas do not troop to SE as much.

If there are professional opportunities anywhere, you can rest, assured that Yorubas would be the majority in such climes!

Yes I know there are not much professional opportunities asides from Rivers, Abuja and Lagos.

What of educational?

What of business?

If you're objective you'll agree that the average Yoruba man of this generation is not too willing to leave their comfort zone.

Even the US and UK you mentioned were mostly the older generation that mostly moved there for education and settled there.

It's a complex matter and there's a lot of factors I can't explain here due to time constraints.
Re: Nine Nigerians Contesting In Tuesday’s U.S. Elections by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 03, 2020
stayclearofme:

No sir I am from Abeokuta.
Ok omo Ogun ise ya.
Re: Nine Nigerians Contesting In Tuesday’s U.S. Elections by stayclearofme: 5:20pm On Nov 03, 2020
gomojam:
Ok omo Ogun ise ya.
Bawa....... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Live Photos From James Ocholi's Burial - Dignitaries Arrival / FFK Dines With Goodluck Jonathan, Mike Ozekhome & Family (photo) / Buhari’s ‘Sit There In Lagos’ Statement: Gafar Olakanmi Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.