Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords (36461 Views)

ASUU Strike: Students Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) / ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes / ASUU Strike: Students Cry Out, Curse ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Razzman1: 8:09am On Nov 03, 2020
Gud
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by alphaRego01(m): 8:10am On Nov 03, 2020
Loll.i laugh in house rent
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Sarmiz24(m): 8:11am On Nov 03, 2020
Lol wahala
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Elsueno: 8:13am On Nov 03, 2020
You will only pay for the number of months you stayed. This only applies to students though
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by QuintessentialW: 8:13am On Nov 03, 2020
Most landlords should prepare to receive payment only when school reopens.

It's not as if majority of Nigerians are well to do and have money to just give out like that.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by acceptbtcpay: 8:14am On Nov 03, 2020
LMAO No be small fight go happen when school resume cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Splendorgirl633(f): 8:14am On Nov 03, 2020
This one strong o
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by SAMBARRY: 8:15am On Nov 03, 2020
ShitStain:
I'm not paying my landlord shi shi.
you should Go back to your parents home or family home (Grandma)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by zpakln(f): 8:16am On Nov 03, 2020
Tylerblaze9:
luggages way last week yaro boiz broke in carry, carry my mattras, carry my gas cooker if u see d way dem sweep the room for me na cry remain mk I cry...
grin grin my thoughts and prayer with you and your roommate
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Jessepaid(m): 8:16am On Nov 03, 2020
Xixtie:
Nothing irritates me more than seeing a supposed university student writing "ASUU" as "ASSU".
What is the connection between these two?
Shit... Well... One na curse the other na cruise
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by mannasseh(m): 8:18am On Nov 03, 2020
walahi, this rent issue has been troubling me, and mine expired since april. on getting back i will beg my caretaker to allow my rent to start reading from the month i will renew the rent
if he refuses i will just codedly look for a cheaper lodge and move into because the financial stress of Resumption will be too much coupled with this resumption

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by NNEWIsuper: 8:18am On Nov 03, 2020
Xixtie:

My father is a Prof in that same school.
Are you in zaria now?
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by joxxy01(m): 8:19am On Nov 03, 2020
Xixtie:
Nothing irritates me more than seeing a supposed university student writing "ASUU" as "ASSU".
What is the connection between these two?
are they not ASSu
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by abiodun175(m): 8:20am On Nov 03, 2020
God is great

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by goshen26: 8:20am On Nov 03, 2020
Best time to live in school Hostel, but I never lived in school Hostel sha
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Ebenezer202I: 8:21am On Nov 03, 2020
[s]
Xixtie:
My father is a Prof in that same school.
[/s] prof my foot. you no go shut up

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Dayo55577(m): 8:21am On Nov 03, 2020
Ongoing meeting between Association of Landlord/lady and Tanant national congress

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by OlujobaSamuel: 8:22am On Nov 03, 2020
No be funny matter ooo.
Sometimes in 2013 when ASUP were on strike for about 6months or so, Ilaro landlord changed their rent system from session to yearly.
The system is that you pay for session, since it's a school not known for strike, the landlords enjoyed so much as you have to evacuate your properties immediately session ends with some not even waiting for you to finish your project, so after that long strike, some landlords tried collecting rent, the response they got was that sch is still in session, after that, they started using the yearly rental period.

17 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by nNEOo(m): 8:22am On Nov 03, 2020
sad

My landlord way no de collect half payment ,I no even know if he would be considerate.
My rent will expire by Jan 1st,most of my lodge mate are considering parking out due to one reason or the other(mostly to get a cheaper lodge)

I hope he will atleast extend payment deadline
many houses has been burgled into and students will have to replace their stolen properties.

Imagine all the money the students have accumulated and most of their parents Have being laid off for months now.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Etinosa1234: 8:23am On Nov 03, 2020
First time wey I decide to go off campus Naim ASUU and coro do me this Kain things...

How I wish I know

15 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by mannasseh(m): 8:23am On Nov 03, 2020
Tylerblaze9:
luggages way last week yaro boiz broke in carry, carry my mattras, carry my gas cooker if u see d way dem sweep the room for me na cry remain mk I cry...
mattress and cooker na e b the major property, anybody that breaks into my room to steal this things has looted me dry. tho my lodge was broken into but my room was spared, maybe dem peep inside den no see any better property or maybe na my church sticker that is on the door. To God be the Glory

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Jh0wsef(m): 8:23am On Nov 03, 2020
Wahala.
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by SexytorresE(f): 8:32am On Nov 03, 2020
grin cheesy badest
ShitStain:

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by simple250: 8:36am On Nov 03, 2020
Federal government is suppose to credit all students with at list 200k to help them back on their feet ,but for 9ja no way you are OYO
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Emeraldfynest(m): 8:39am On Nov 03, 2020
Honestly this issue dey pain me, my house rent has expired since May though I left school in March, now there is no hope of resuming this year, ASUU and the FG are just playing games. If I have the money, my children will never attend any government owned institution in Nigeria, imagine using 6=7 years for a 5 year course.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by LORDKing001: 8:42am On Nov 03, 2020
ShitStain:
Oga u must pay something even if na half d money. Him no send u wether u use d room or not
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by josite: 8:43am On Nov 03, 2020
Vicdgreat556:

Most students won't pay, instead of them to pay for rent they didn't use at all, from what I have observed,they will use that same money to go get new accommodation, and overnight break dat door and pack away their belongings

not when you landlord is a lawyer or soldier.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by KaluwisxPRO: 8:43am On Nov 03, 2020
Vicdgreat556:

Most students won't pay, instead of them to pay for rent they didn't use at all, from what I have observed,they will use that same money to go get new accommodation, and overnight break dat door and pack away their belongings

Are they gonna be renting the new place they are moving to with tissue?

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Omezif(m): 8:45am On Nov 03, 2020
A reasonable landlord or landlady can not demand it, while avarise ones and wicked must ask of it.
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by mannatech: 8:54am On Nov 03, 2020
Vicdgreat556:

Naija youth.

Don't substitute cheating and burglary as being smart.
Put yourself in your landlord's shoes
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by johnkeni(m): 8:54am On Nov 03, 2020
I paid for house rent January, we went on strike March and I'm expected to pay another rent this January. It's not funny. House wey I no enjoy.
������

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top Grammatical Errors You Make Without Knowing / Queenate Ibeto On Stage With Obama At Howard University Graduation Ceremony / Seplat Joint Venture 2019/2020 Scholarship Application Is Ongoing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.