Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,118 members, 7,821,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords (36446 Views)

ASUU Strike: Students Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) / ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes / ASUU Strike: Students Cry Out, Curse ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by ApostlePaul14: 10:17am On Nov 03, 2020
Na your money I take build the house? So I no go feed my self and my children? I no go pay my children Skol fees?
chenbravo:
Only senseless and insensitive landlord will request for any accommodation fee this very period

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Missyajoke(f): 10:24am On Nov 03, 2020
O
abiodun175:
Sometimes in life, Idea, skills, competence and all can fail someone but God Almighty never fail.

Please if you are privileged, I will appreciate any help because I need little cash to survive this period.

I have run out of option that's why i have to do this for the first time

Thanks.

Create a thread people should help.
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Xixtie(f): 10:35am On Nov 03, 2020
NNEWIsuper:

Wow.. Where are you located?
Porthacourt.
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by donMIG(m): 10:37am On Nov 03, 2020
Na just final result we dei wait for... Make the fucktards beta b calming down n settle dia mumu selfish differences

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by dollyj1996(m): 10:40am On Nov 03, 2020
na so my landlord call me say se I remember say my rent don due since August.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by sybersofty(m): 10:45am On Nov 03, 2020
Tylerblaze9:
luggages way last week yaro boiz broke in carry, carry my mattras, carry my gas cooker if u see d way dem sweep the room for me na cry remain mk I cry...
Bro, naso me self receive call say Dem Yaro boiz don bugle my room. I school in Jigawa, what about you?
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by NNEWIsuper: 10:54am On Nov 03, 2020
Xixtie:

Porthacourt.
Okay.. If you won't mind can we get to connect?
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Sarita01(f): 10:55am On Nov 03, 2020
My own rent expired since the beginning of June,landlord called to demand for rent,I changed sim sharp sharp.when we go back to school we'll sort things out but for now he should not expect shi shi from me.
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Sarita01(f): 10:58am On Nov 03, 2020
Tylerblaze9:
luggages way last week yaro boiz broke in carry, carry my mattras, carry my gas cooker if u see d way dem sweep the room for me na cry remain mk I cry...
Which one be yaro Bois again,how you take use yaro then use Bois again for the same sentence.just curious sha
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by MaziIgwe007: 11:18am On Nov 03, 2020
I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS ASUU AGAIN SEF, SOME SCHOOLS ARE ALREADY WRITING EXAMS. ESUT, ABSU, OKO POLY OR ARE STATE UNIVERSITIES NOT AMONG THE STRIKE??
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Melanin60: 11:42am On Nov 03, 2020
���� God no go shame us
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Alexaonfleek: 11:44am On Nov 03, 2020
wahala for who nor manage school hostel
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by dex4sure: 11:47am On Nov 03, 2020
Xixtie:
Nothing irritates me more than seeing a supposed university student writing "ASUU" as "ASSU".
What is the connection between these two?

Na that one be your problem??

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by jolyment: 11:49am On Nov 03, 2020
[quote author=Reeoman post=95631318]
how do know it true, on a curios note? Did you get such payment?
or you have reciept of someone paid such ridiculous amount?
I wont lie when i hear the news i did nt believe, i am thinking it is just to give bad press.
Make una no qoute me o, if they like they should nt resume til we remove buhari[/quote

I received salary from IPPIS, it's true.
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Xixtie(f): 11:56am On Nov 03, 2020
NNEWIsuper:

Okay.. If you won't mind can we get to connect?
I appreciate but No.
I'm sorry.
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by NNEWIsuper: 12:01pm On Nov 03, 2020
Xixtie:

I appreciate but No.
I'm sorry.
Is alright.. Have a blessed day
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by olakan22: 12:02pm On Nov 03, 2020
Whitefowl:
Seven months have passed since ASUU embarked on strike. These 7 months have gone on rather uneventfully with the lockdown taking the better part of the seven months and the recent #EndSars protests last month.

With the year coming to an end and the loss of job that accompanied the lockdown, other sources of income now seem to be the only income which brings me to the aim of this post.

Students have been home for these past months with little or nothing to do as most establishments are not hiring due to the financial hit on their businesses. Ordinarily, a session should be closing and rent for student lodges would most likely be due for payment. I just wonder where this leaves them and their landlords who would soon begin to ask for rent payments.

Losing 7months+ of their rents and probably more (since the ASUU strike is still on) is not wonderful thing. But rental agreements stated anyways that their rent is due on a said date signed prior to payment. It wouldn't be a subject to debate if these students utilized this rooms paid for during the past 7+ months plus. Paying for more time that mightn't be used is another thing to worry about.

I'm just wondering if it is possible for them and their landlords to find a middle ground. After all the landlords built those hostels and lodges for financial gains.

NB: Please bear in mind that not all federal universities have the capacity to provide accommodation for all her students.

Landlords of students' lodges, what are your thoughts?

Students patronizing alternative accomodations, what are your thoughts?

Source: me

Nice thread OP,
I think it will be insincere to insinuate that ASUU's strike solely is responsible for the months long interruption to the Academic Calendar o.
Remember, a bug is still out there
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by NairalandSARS: 12:05pm On Nov 03, 2020
Jackossky:
I had a thought of not paying the land lord shi Shi but then, I put myself in his shoes, out of 150k or thereabout, will pay 20k.

I know I've tried, not as if I saw the school environment for almost a year now...

**Sips wine**
Oboy, pay your full rent.
There is no clause in your agreement that says you only pay if classes hold? Or don't you stay there when school is out of session?
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Franktom247(m): 12:34pm On Nov 03, 2020
As me dey hostel na GODWIN
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by bluefilm: 12:36pm On Nov 03, 2020
Xixtie:
Nothing irritates me more than seeing a supposed university student writing "ASUU" as "ASSU".
What is the connection between these two?

You can say that again!
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by sirelliot: 12:49pm On Nov 03, 2020
Room wey skolombo boys done empty already.
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Jackossky(m): 1:22pm On Nov 03, 2020
NairalandSARS:

Oboy, pay your full rent.
There is no clause in your agreement that says you only pay if classes hold? Or don't you stay there when school is out of session?
Nope.
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by donemzy115(m): 1:27pm On Nov 03, 2020
Lolz...me don pay Sha,,,and my rent go expire next year March like this ..landlord call me and I was like baba can't you see what's going on in Nigeria,baba was like yeah I know but that has nothing to do with your rent,..I shock oooh...I had to give him half payment make I rest small..I have been waiting for his call so I can give him the biggest insult of his life
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by laidima88(m): 1:43pm On Nov 03, 2020
i see it as cheating if u refuse to pay ur landlord his rent, what's the connection between ur landlord and ASUU, are they family ?
afterall the landlord did not hinder u from staying in ur room during the long holiday,u chose not to.
if u are Godly and have conscience u know u should pay.

my rent expires may this month, and when I see we are nothing close to resumption, I called my landlord and transfer the rent to him, house, light and security.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by NairalandSARS: 1:52pm On Nov 03, 2020
Jackossky:

Nope.
So once semester finish, you don't stay in the apartment?
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by abiodun175(m): 2:14pm On Nov 03, 2020
Missyajoke:
O

Create a thread people should help.
Ok thanks.
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Reeoman: 2:35pm On Nov 03, 2020
[quote author=jolyment post=95634715][/quote] i am not saying u did not. were u paid 8k?
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Mprex(f): 2:51pm On Nov 03, 2020
My landlord has put quit notice on all the flats but wetin concern us grin grin
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Rajosh(m): 2:53pm On Nov 03, 2020
Tylerblaze9:
Yaro boys?
I feel it in my spirit. You're an Abusite.
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Rajosh(m): 2:58pm On Nov 03, 2020
Sarita01:

Which one be yaro Bois again,how you take use yaro then use Bois again for the same sentence.just curious sha
That's how we call them at ABU Zaria
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by NisforNicky: 3:51pm On Nov 03, 2020
dollyj1996:
na so my landlord call me say se I remember say my rent don due since August.

wetin u tell am
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by KingAbdulazeez: 6:26pm On Nov 03, 2020
I Paid 80% Of The Rent In March Left School In April.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kuranga Aishat, Unilorin Student Missing (Photo) / The Scary Moment Cultists Disrupted Uniben Final Year Students / Queenate Ibeto On Stage With Obama At Howard University Graduation Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.