Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,239 members, 7,829,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords (36458 Views)

ASUU Strike: Students Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) / ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes / ASUU Strike: Students Cry Out, Curse ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Sniper101(m): 8:55am On Nov 03, 2020
Yeah, about that
I've been wanting to ask...

...considering the fact that a student stayed in an apartment "only" in the months of January, February and March, this year OR that a student haven't been back to his/her apartment at all, al2ru this year 2020

Is such a student supposed to pay the rent of this year 2020? undecided

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:07am On Nov 03, 2020
Vicdgreat556:

Most students won't pay, instead of them to pay for rent they didn't use at all, from what I have observed,they will use that same money to go get new accommodation, and overnight break dat door and pack away their belongings
I thought rent is paid before moving in?
The OP was talking of paying a fresh rent to cover next yr given that the old one wasn't utilized
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Reeoman: 9:11am On Nov 03, 2020
nairavsdollars:
FG paying professors 8k per month

we refuse to believe this crap tho, no matter how much they cut their salary. 8k ke? Na big lie,

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by temicyborg(m): 9:14am On Nov 03, 2020
Supreme145:
Whahala go dey o, my rent expired September and I woke up one day to my landlords 6 missed calls. That man get mind fa,he wants me to pay for a room I don't know when I will use again. I plan on resuming with my complete rent but he must give me a discount of some months or I will pay his old balance and pack out.
u 9ice ooo u stil 1 pay old balance
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by jolyment: 9:14am On Nov 03, 2020
sarahkom:
the government and ASUU are taking Nigerians for a ride

Blame FG

This is what the Nigerian law say:

"The Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act 2003 (otherwise called the Universities Autonomy Act No. 1, 2007) enacted by the National Assembly and signed into law on 10th July 2003 and later gazetted by the Federal Republic of Nigerian Official Gazette No. 10, Volume 94 of 12th January 2007 as Act No. 1 of 2000, has vested the powers of managing personnel and payroll system issues in the hands of each university’s governing council".
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by teemy(m): 9:15am On Nov 03, 2020
johnkeni:
I paid for house rent January, we went on strike March and I'm expected to pay another rent this January. It's not funny. House wey I no enjoy.
������

Sniper101:
Yeah, about that
I've been wanting to ask...

...considering the fact that a student stayed in an apartment "only" in the months of January, February and March, this year OR that a student haven't been back to his/her apartment at all, al2ru this year 2020

Is such a student supposed to pay the rent of this year 2020? undecided

Q. Is the room yours? Yes
Q. By virtue of what? You paid for it.

Another way of looking at it is you would surely be mad at the landlord who tries to use his initiative to move your things out so that "you don't pay for what you probably are not using due to the covid/ASUU strike".

While your things are in the place, he has no right to move your things out and as such cannot make alternative earnings from it as if it was empty. The option to this is if you don't want it, leave it open so he can do whatever he wishes to his property.

Another look is if you rent a car battery and will return it by the next day and do not, it does not matter to the battery owner, he will bill you for the period while you had it and unless he agrees to discount you on his own prerogative. If you don't want it, return his property so he can make his money from someone else. Now imagine a landlord who has a target of 10 years to recoup back his initial investment. It is also a business.

In this case of house rent, without defaulting, a wise thing would have been to move your things out to keep with a friend and that would be playing it smart.

Q. Is the room yours? Yes
Q. By virtue of what? You paid for it.

Landlord can't touch your things, you can't touch his money.

Wishing you well - Teemy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by edoairways: 9:17am On Nov 03, 2020
ShitStain:
I'm not paying my landlord shi shi.
Be ready to pack out

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by botanist123: 9:17am On Nov 03, 2020
Tylerblaze9:
luggages way last week yaro boiz broke in carry, carry my mattras, carry my gas cooker if u see d way dem sweep the room for me na cry remain mk I cry...
Guy na for zaria or sokoto you they school
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Dreament(m): 9:18am On Nov 03, 2020
Vicdgreat556:

Most students won't pay, instead of them to pay for rent they didn't use at all, from what I have observed,they will use that same money to go get new accommodation, and overnight break dat door and pack away their belongings
I don't think u really get the message. what is the need of packing at night when u are not longer owing the landlord. what the poster mean is, the house rent u paid before which u didn't make use of due to ASUU strike should be transferred to when ASUU call off strike. that is u are free to pack out of the landlord house if you don't want renew ur rent. but if you want to stay u have to renew ur rent again. moreover what is the difference renting another house, is it not same thing as renewing ur house rent

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by dapaiks: 9:18am On Nov 03, 2020
Tylerblaze9:
luggages way last week yaro boiz broke in carry, carry my mattras, carry my gas cooker if u see d way dem sweep the room for me na cry remain mk I cry...
AbuSite sighted
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by jolyment: 9:22am On Nov 03, 2020
Reeoman:

we refuse to believe this crap tho, no matter how much they cut their salary. 8k ke? Na big lie,

It's the incompetent of IPPIS operators, the 8k is true.
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Xixtie(f): 9:23am On Nov 03, 2020
NNEWIsuper:

Are you in zaria now?
Nope. Haven't even been to Zaria in like 3 years.
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Xixtie(f): 9:27am On Nov 03, 2020
Ebenezer202I:
[s][/s] prof my foot.
you no go shut up
Won't you clone my moniker again? cheesy
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by bunnae(f): 9:29am On Nov 03, 2020
Xixtie:
Nothing irritates me more than seeing a supposed university student writing "ASUU" as "ASSU".
What is the connection between these two?
Correct the op and move on. Too much talk.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Teddiie(f): 9:31am On Nov 03, 2020
My rent expired in June, thank God I packed my stuffs out of the house immediately my rent expired. If not I would be in this same dilemma. It depends on the landlord Sha. Some landlords are considerate while others are not.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by TemmyT002(m): 9:31am On Nov 03, 2020
ShitStain:

If na you get the house nko
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Mannaisaspy: 9:32am On Nov 03, 2020
ShitStain:

U don taya to stay d lodge then
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by ApostlePaul14: 9:35am On Nov 03, 2020
B/4 u come back I done pack your load outside,
I dey wait for u. Nonsense
ShitStain:
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Kaylet: 9:40am On Nov 03, 2020
The govt or better still the ASUU, should address this, not because they've a say over the property.

And the house owners should be ready for negotiation or discount.

If they refused and for instance the headlock lingers for more than 12 months, they'll understand.

Had it been they've not paid for the house rents, it'd have been better.

In Cameroon, dues are paid per month, I guess we'd employ this strategy
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by chenbravo(m): 9:42am On Nov 03, 2020
Only senseless and insensitive landlord will request for any accommodation fee this very period

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Lionelbhass(m): 9:48am On Nov 03, 2020
If my landlord cap careless him go collect and I'm not paying any dime.
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by NNEWIsuper: 9:51am On Nov 03, 2020
Xixtie:

Nope. Haven't even been to Zaria in like 3 years.
Wow.. Where are you located?
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Akinboboz(m): 9:53am On Nov 03, 2020
It's very easy, this is the solution, as we are aware that the fault isn't from either student nor the landlord, then, both will reach agreement, landlord can forgo at least 3 month rent , then after the 3 months, student should have source for fund to pay their rent. That's just my own opinion shaa

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by ninocia18(m): 9:55am On Nov 03, 2020
ShitStain:

Your landlord right now

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Shakaranews20: 9:59am On Nov 03, 2020
I knew it would come to this.
Meanwhile, Popular Iranian Imam, Imam of Peace, reveals Shocking things about Buhari and his affiliation with some deadly groups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBpqa1bTiEg
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by fafambo: 10:05am On Nov 03, 2020
ShitStain:
Ur joking right? u will not pay me my rent abi? was there anytime I asked u not to sleep in ur room or make use of ur room, u decided not to stay so it's none of my business, u must pay me or....
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by sammysmiles(m): 10:08am On Nov 03, 2020
Supreme145:
Whahala go dey o, my rent expired September and I woke up one day to my landlords 6 missed calls. That man get mind fa,he wants me to pay for a room I don't know when I will use again. I plan on resuming with my complete rent but he must give me a discount of some months or I will pay his old balance and pack out.
That landlord well so?.... Maybe he jxt won hear weitin you won talk
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by bestseyi: 10:08am On Nov 03, 2020
some rooms have been busted ☹️ how are they going to cope again
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Whitefowl: 10:12am On Nov 03, 2020
[quote author=official80naija post=95630414][/quote]
Official80naija ,
Your plagiarism is baffling to say the least.
You could've just put a link stating you got the original article from nairaland instead.
Some bloggers can really be annoying, you taking the front seat!
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by Reeoman: 10:12am On Nov 03, 2020
jolyment:

It's the incompetent of IPPIS operators, the 8k is true.
how do know it true, on a curios note? Did you get such payment?
or you have reciept of someone paid such ridiculous amount?
I wont lie when i hear the news i did nt believe, i am thinking it is just to give bad press.
Make una no qoute me o, if they like they should nt resume til we remove buhari
Re: ASUU Strike, Students And Their Landlords by sammysmiles(m): 10:15am On Nov 03, 2020
Dreament:
I don't think u really get the message. what is the need of packing at night when u are not longer owing the landlord. what the poster mean is, the house rent u paid before which u didn't make use of due to ASUU strike should be transferred to when ASUU call off strike. that is u are free to pack out of the landlord house if you don't want renew ur rent. but if you want to stay u have to renew ur rent again. moreover what is the difference renting another house, is it not same thing as renewing ur house rent
I don't get you... How about people like us that our rent expired 7 months ago... Are we paying for the months our loads were there in the house as per nothing concern the landlord or we pay new rent?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top Grammatical Errors You Make Without Knowing / Queenate Ibeto On Stage With Obama At Howard University Graduation Ceremony / Seplat Joint Venture 2019/2020 Scholarship Application Is Ongoing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.