Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,293 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? (897 Views)

MARRIAGE: Guys, Pls Think Twice Before Stepping Into Everlasting Pain And Regret / 8 Things Guys Do That Make Ladies To Loose Respect For Them / Meet The Kano Lady Who Promised To Buy Car & House For Any Man Who Marries Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? by xynerise: 6:33pm On Mar 13, 2011
Many gals have faced a lot of disappointment from the opposite when they are promise marriage. While some guys run away after she gets pregnant and others use that as a strategy to have their way in. How many guys have promise to marry their gal and keep to it or will keep to it? In America, it is a crime to promise to marry a gal and not fulfill it.
Re: Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:38pm On Mar 13, 2011
xynerise:

Many gals have faced a lot of disappointment from the opposite when they are promise marriage. While some guys run away after she gets pregnant and others use that as a strategy to have their way in. How many guys have promise to marry their gal and keep to it or will keep to it? In America, it is a crime to promise to marry a gal and not fulfill it.

are you saying people in US are fined or taken to court breaking after the engangement ?
Re: Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? by xynerise: 6:42pm On Mar 13, 2011
I am saying you dont promise to marry a gal and you jilted her without reason.
Re: Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:49pm On Mar 13, 2011
xynerise:

I am saying you dont promise to marry a gal and you jilted her without reason.

as far as i know marriage is not forced, the reason mustnt make sense to jilted person but to the one giving it
Re: Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? by Onchedu(m): 7:04pm On Mar 13, 2011
Who dey promise who marriage? Mehn that's crap. Anyway, we no dey America so nothing spoil. Make girls wise up dey sharpen ears.
Re: Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 13, 2011
Onchedu:

Who dey promise who marriage? Mehn that's crap. Anyway, we no dey America so nothing spoil. Make girls wise up dey sharpen ears.

Or maybe men should wise up and stop making fake promises as they will later bite them for nyansh. Very lucky say some Naija girls no be like akata. Horror stories dey of men making promises after getting women pregnant. Some akata women chase their men, destroy their belongings, burn their houses, cars, you name it. Maybe that's what Naija girls should do. Problem solved.
Re: Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? by koolchicco: 7:39pm On Mar 13, 2011
ogugua88:

Or maybe men should wise up and stop making fake promises as they will later bite them for nyansh. Very lucky say some Naija girls no be like akata. Horror stories dey of men making promises after getting women pregnant. Some akata women chase their men, destroy their belongings, burn their houses, cars, you name it. [b]Maybe that's what Naija girls should do. Problem solved.
[/b]They can't try that in Naija. undecided
Re: Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 13, 2011
Maka ki?
Re: Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? by MrCork17: 8:07pm On Mar 13, 2011
My belief: A good marriage would be between a blind wife and a deaf husband. wink
Re: Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? by BABE3: 8:23pm On Mar 13, 2011
xynerise:

ha!, Its a Crime asin against the law Crime??, lol, I never jam o, that's a new development! I thought a marriage proposal was supposedly verbal, never knew you had to sign a contract, pfftt.
@Poster, Love, pls get your facts right grin
Re: Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? by xynerise: 11:12pm On Mar 13, 2011
^ you are surely living in the brooklyn. grin
Re: Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? by koolchicco: 11:18pm On Mar 13, 2011
xynerise:

grin

But she's right nah, is it she or do they sign a contract for it? grin undecided
Re: Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? by Advocator: 11:19pm On Mar 13, 2011
Any man who impregnate a woman and runs away the moment she informs him is a not a man at all. I find those kind of batty boys to be cowards and immature. If you can’t step up to take care of your children then you are nothing/zilch/zero.

It’s not good to take broad view @ OP. Lots of men keep their promises. But those who don’t keep their promises, the least punishment a girl can do is let him go – because chances are if he’s gonna step on such a big vow (like not keeping the marriage underway) he may cheat in the long run.
Re: Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 13, 2011
Hmmm.
Re: Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? by roymary: 11:33pm On Mar 13, 2011
xynerise:

Now, thats something Bogus!
Re: Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? by xynerise: 11:34pm On Mar 13, 2011
^ hope you are catching? grin
Re: Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? by Mcleo007(m): 11:56pm On Mar 13, 2011
i really frown at guys who promise marriage. Marriage is a contract between two people and should not be carried out as a way of showing favour to the other party.
Re: Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? by BABE3: 3:46am On Mar 14, 2011
xynerise:

I don't live in Brooklyn,
Re: Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? by 190: 3:50am On Mar 14, 2011
^^ Who are u

I leave Nairaland for a week and come back and see someone named BABE WITH SWOLLEN EYES!!

do you sell garri in the market!! angry angry
Re: Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? by 190: 3:54am On Mar 14, 2011
well i have only promised 2 people marriage all my life

the 1st one i couldnt fulfill cos of unforseen circumstances beyond my control and i had 2 make it up 2 her

and ask her 2 forgive me while pleading for her forgiveness and backing it up with material gifts such as a car, phone(s) just 2 mention a few

The 2nd person im still on about but marriage is the least of her priorities right now ( Not when she has time 2 run around nairaland look for trouble )

sighs**

I dont make promises without keeping to it,

I study you before making a move and would rather seal my mouth than 2 promise someone somthing i never intend 2 fulfill
Re: Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? by ekubear1: 4:01am On Mar 14, 2011
Mr, Cork:

My belief: A good marriage would be between a blind wife and a deaf husband. wink

Lol. There is some truth to that grin

Seriously though. . . it is pretty fvcked up to promise marriage and then bail out. Especially the way Nigerian girls are. . . they'll pretty much do anything you want if they think you are serious grin With that said, women need to stop being fools too. Shine your eyes well well wink
Re: Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? by BABE3: 6:46am On Mar 14, 2011
190:

^^ Who are u

I leave Nairaland for a week and come back and see someone named BABE WITH SWOLLEN EYES!!

do you sell garri in the market!! angry angry

Judging from the reply you had for the topic alone, any special comeback line(s) for you is an absolute waste of time.
Re: Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? by Nekai(f): 7:00am On Mar 14, 2011
Advocator:

Any man who impregnate a woman and runs away the moment she informs him is a not a man at all. I find those kind of batty boys to be cowards and immature. If you can’t step up to take care of your children then you are nothing/zilch/zero.

It’s not good to take broad view @ OP. Lots of men keep their promises. But those who don’t keep their promises, the least punishment a girl can do is let him go – because chances are if he’s gonna step on such a big vow (like not keeping the marriage underway) he may cheat in the long run.

True.
Re: Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? by freecocoa(f): 7:08am On Mar 14, 2011
Hnmmm a crime to promise and fail,na wa o that must be something.
Re: Promised Marriage: Guys Do You Fulfill It? by xynerise: 7:21am On Mar 14, 2011
That is if she knows her right and sues him.

(1) (Reply)

Is She Still In Love With Me? / At What Stage Should He Tell Her He Cant Make Kids? Your Views: / Madam's Son And Her Sales Girls:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.