Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

London Uk Or Limerick Ireland - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / London Uk Or Limerick Ireland (3017 Views)

Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries *** / Fake Marriages In Ireland: Nigerians Involvement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by TTouch(m): 4:44am On Mar 14, 2011
Hello Fellow nairalanders

If you had the choice of going for a postgraduate degree course btw London UK and Limerick Ireland which would you prefer presently and why.
Please note, the school in question is irrelavant as to if schooling in uk is better than ireland or vice versa, the school has various colleges all over the world running their programmes, so its a choice of where you would prefer to study, so presently i have offers from 2 different colleges, one in london uk and the other in limerick ireland

So i am indecisive at the moment, want to make a good choice, i just want to go there for the course and return and if something good comes out, can stay a few more years, wouldn't hurt though, hehe

Cheers
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by NDelta(m): 2:10am On Mar 18, 2011
Please go to london where you can get a part time work. Among the countries in the UK the English people are the most flexible with black people. Why? Blacks have been among them for years
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by justwise(m): 2:29pm On Mar 18, 2011
N.Delta:

Please go to london where you can get a part time work. Among the countries in the UK the English people are the most flexible with black people. Why? Blacks have been among them for years

He has to consider cost of living too, Ireland may be cheaper in that case.
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by TTouch(m): 3:48am On Mar 20, 2011
Yeh true that just wise

I recently heard from a close British friend that the recession is really going to hit the UK this year, while as for ireland they have already been hit and are trying to recover

I dnt want wahala ooo, i just want to go and do my course, and who says u cannot get a part time job in ireland.
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by hotelbook: 5:18am On Mar 20, 2011
none
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by justwise(m): 7:28am On Mar 20, 2011
T Touch:

Yeh true that just wise

I recently heard from a close British friend that the recession is really going to hit the UK this year, while as for [b]ireland they have already been hit and are trying to recover[/b]I dnt want wahala ooo, i just want to go and do my course, and who says u cannot get a part time job in ireland.

That has happened already, the UK economy is the road to recovering, the irish economy is even the worst situation compared to the UK.
If u have the money then u will be fine, don't rely in part-time job to survive cos there are not too many of them now.
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by TTouch(m): 9:13am On Mar 21, 2011
Yeh told my british friend the same thing, but he laughed and said, well this year fuel prices will skyrocket, loss of more jobs blah blah, Well i knw the uk economy is on the verge of recovery, but with their new immigration wahala and rules, i dont want long thing, cos now it is apparently very difficult to get into the Uk both for european and non european cizitens.

Well about the part time job thing, it is not really a priority on my list, its by the way as funding is being planned plus i have an independent source of income which i am slowly building.

So now i am sure the decision criteria would be

if you have to do a part time job to support yourself, UK (expensive cost of living)

if you dont have to do a part time job to support yourself - Ireland(average cost of living)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by sorrytoo: 1:00pm On Mar 21, 2011
hmmm,this is very interesting,

I wonder y ppl knock Uk, anyway

I've never been to Ireland ,so cant really advise u on ireland lving,but from what i read in the papers,they were worse hit in the recession, so that on ireland

On UK, the uk has almost,if not fully recovered from the recession,but the question is not about reccession,U just want to come here for ur post graduate degree,and if opportubuty arise work?right?!
I feel the UK degree is more prestigious than Ireland,,there r loads of opportunities for career progression/development,The social life is very good here,theres a good multicultural mix(be it naija,asia ,white,what ever circle u want to fit in ,is entirely up to u), Cost of living?hmm depends,r u goin to be living on campus or out,depends on ur pocket,there r cheap accomodation and expensive ones,just depends on ur taste,

so my advise will be to choose UK!
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by TTouch(m): 12:26am On Mar 22, 2011
Thanks Sorrytoo

But if u had read my initial post, i indicated that the postgraduate course had nothing to do with location, its a UK Postgraduate course run by a few colleges all over the world, so i am at liberty to study for in any college, so i only applied to colleges in UK and ireland and have offer from both, so i am trying to choose one.

Yeh ireland was hit badly because they were living beyond their means, paying high unemployment benefits, child support and all that, they never saw the recession coming, and meanwhile i did a survey on accomodation in both countries

For the UK the cheapest shld be 400 quid monthly
For Ireland 300 euros monthly

Or if i am wrong about the uk one correct me, Well not looking for anything fancy, at least for the first couple of months till i blend in and see wataguan,

hehe
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by saraj(f): 12:53am On Mar 22, 2011
T Touch:

Thanks Sorrytoo

But if u had read my initial post, i indicated that the postgraduate course had nothing to do with location, its a UK Postgraduate course run by a few colleges all over the world, so i am at liberty to study for in any college, so i only applied to colleges in UK and ireland and have offer from both, so i am trying to choose one.

Yeh ireland was hit badly because they were living beyond their means, paying high unemployment benefits, child support and all that, they never saw the recession coming, and meanwhile i did a survey on accomodation in both countries

Or if i am wrong about the uk one correct me, Well not looking for anything fancy, at least for the first couple of months till i blend in and see wataguan,

hehe

What about the banks, property developers and their minions(politicans)??
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by TTouch(m): 1:38am On Mar 22, 2011
What about them sarah?

I see you are in ireland or from ireland, which part of ireland are you in and how is it going there honestly?
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by NDelta(m): 3:01am On Mar 22, 2011
u can get an apartment in london for 300, wont be too nice but will be ok. I will choose UK any day but hey if irish immigration is better then go 4 it
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by TTouch(m): 3:23am On Mar 22, 2011
Yeh i feel ya, but really i am also considering the Uk immigration wahala at the moment, now it is very difficult to get into the UK even for europeans not to talk of non europeans, plus the price of things and standard of living has skyrocketed.

These are all the issues i am looking at, don't want a situation where i would go and start blaming myself especially now that things are hard everywhere
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by sorrytoo: 11:14am On Mar 22, 2011
T Touch:

Thanks Sorrytoo

hehe

My Bad! undecided
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by sorrytoo: 11:15am On Mar 22, 2011
T Touch:

Yeh i feel ya, but really i am also considering the Uk immigration wahala at the moment, now it is very difficult to get into the UK even for europeans not to talk of non europeans, plus the price of things and standard of living has skyrocketed.

These are all the issues i am looking at, don't want a situation where i would go and start blaming myself especially now that things are hard everywhere

i dont understand ,what u mean by that,explain plsss
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by TTouch(m): 12:17pm On Mar 22, 2011
by what exactly pls
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by sorrytoo: 3:05pm On Mar 22, 2011
T Touch:

by what exactly pls

ur statement in IN BOLD
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by TTouch(m): 4:07pm On Mar 22, 2011
Well i learnt Uk has some new laws partaining to all aspects of immigration both for schooling, working blah blah, i just feel Uk is overcrowded at the moment and the recession is making matters worst for them at the moment. So there is blood in their eyes at the moment.

LOL
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by xxcarolxx(f): 12:07am On Mar 23, 2011
You want to study in stab city, it's the nickname limerick has,
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by TTouch(m): 8:25am On Mar 23, 2011
Lol, well i learnt that was just media stunt to divert crime attention away from dublin which is really the stab city, hehe

Well well
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by tunnytox(m): 9:44am On Mar 23, 2011
@OP you'll be wasting your dear time to go and study in Ireland especially crime stronghold of Limerick, Limerick of all places is not the best place to live in Ireland talk less of comparing it with London. Its like comparing sleep withy death, you better take that London offer pronto and forget about Ireland. Ireland is a sinking ship and even during the boom time Dublin was one of the most expensive plave to live in Europe and I don't think Limerick will be any way better. I've lived in Ireland before so I know what I'm talking about.
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by TTouch(m): 9:59am On Mar 23, 2011
ok, yeh, just wanted some quiet, Thought saying there would be better
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by sorrytoo: 12:10pm On Mar 23, 2011
i just feel, u r leaning more towards ireland and u've already made up your mind,so y dont u do what your heart tells u ,

and for the record,

London will always be overcrowded,its not news,its been like that since yester years   undecided
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by TTouch(m): 1:03pm On Mar 23, 2011
hehe, everywhere is overcrowded, even lagos

Well i think i would go to london, spoke with the ireland sch internation rep about the ireland recession issue and he admitted that things are really bad there at the moment but doesn't change anything , lol

London city here i come, iya charlie ur foster son is coming home,

LMAO
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by TTouch(m): 3:10pm On Mar 23, 2011
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by xxcarolxx(f): 11:18pm On Mar 23, 2011
It's the gangs in limerick, that have given the place a bad name, cost of living here is not to bad,
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by TTouch(m): 9:18am On Mar 24, 2011
xxcarolxx:

It's the gangs in limerick, that have given the place a bad name, cost of living here is not to bad,

But really the international sch rep for the sch admitted that things are really bad in ireland at the moment, whats your take on this?
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by xxcarolxx(f): 9:46pm On Mar 24, 2011
The bottom has fallen out of the building industry, not as many jobs as there used to be, but will have to see what de new goverment will do, But some people are going on as if they can't survive, nothing changed for me,
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by TTouch(m): 11:43pm On Mar 24, 2011
xxcarolxx:

The bottom has fallen out of the building industry, not as many jobs as there used to be, but will have to see what de new goverment will do, But some people are going on as if they can't survive, nothing changed for me,

Nice to know things are going on well for you

Well i think i have made up my mind on going to the UK
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by xxcarolxx(f): 6:55pm On Mar 25, 2011
Ye have to where it's best for you, Hope it all works out for ye,
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by TTouch(m): 8:16pm On Mar 25, 2011
To be honest i dont knw where is best for me at the moment sad

At least if the college was in dublin it could been better a bit i think

i am really the quiet type, sometime i hate lots of buzz, jst want somewhere nice quiet and comfy,
Re: London Uk Or Limerick Ireland by xxcarolxx(f): 8:27pm On Mar 25, 2011
Lol, Dublin ain't quiet been de capital of ireland, There is a college in carlow did ye check dat one out,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Experience With Nigeria Immigration Service E-passport Processing / Nigeria Passport / Usa Green Card Lottery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.