Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,912 members, 7,828,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS (36688 Views)

How Nigerians Contribute To Election Rigging They Complain About - Bishop Onah / Court Orders IGP, DSS To Release Sanusi From Detention / Deposed Emir Sanusi Sues IGP, DSS DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Nigeriabiafra80: 2:39pm On Nov 04, 2020
Elfaris:

Lmaooo... why don't you people call them back then? You guys just sit in one bubble and open your mouths waaaaaaahhhhh like whales... I have Igbo friends that grew up or migrated to the north and many of them that went to the east for Uni came back with bitter stories. One even said he'll rather suffer and hustle in the north than go back to the east where erosion, poor roads, lack of empathy from neighbours and even family, etc is the order of the day. He said common water that he sees everywhere in the north and you can use is scarce in the east. And that even the dirtiest ones you can find is sold at an expensive rate.
Every region has it's own problems and no one is an island. We all need each other. So when next you want to spur out bigoted rubbish, use your brain first.
Thanks
For the laugh
At least when retaliation start don’t scream
Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 04, 2020
Plus there's a reason why you don't really hear of relgious crisis in Yoruba land between Yoruba's; Religious divides really don't exist in Nigeria.... it's the tribal divide that's alive and kicking.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by oxiide22(m): 2:41pm On Nov 04, 2020
Nkwobi042:

Lol.
Una wey be terrorists globally still get mouth? grin
that is America and Israel
Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Yus2020: 2:41pm On Nov 04, 2020
Northern are always afraid of the truth this man is saying the truth take or leave it

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 04, 2020
joseph1832:
he raised some salient points in this particular video.

While I'm not a believer of religion I still believe we need to do away with it, because it is among the number one thing that causes untold trouble in the polity.

Those who wrote the 1999 constitution should be questioned and asked why they included Sharia Law in the Constitution in a constitution that is suppose to guide a country they say is 'secular'.

All in all, the sooner we do away with religion, the better it will be for us all.
You can not impose your idealogy on others because you want them to have same beliefs as you, it is not acceptable.
In a democratic setting everyone is allowed to worship or practice their own religion nobody has the right to stop or compel others to accept their own religion. In Europe these Muslims are having problems with other people with different religions, the problem is that of Islamic religion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by salvation77177: 2:42pm On Nov 04, 2020
I have listened to him and have discovered that the Reverend had not said anything that could warrant an attack on Muslims. He is speaking the truth. They are castigating him because he is a Christian. How many times have Muslims fanatics said something even more violent than this and they called for their attest.
He is a citizen of this country and has right to air his views.
Please, nothing should happen to him.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:43pm On Nov 04, 2020
the Oracle from the north don talk.....wait and see how the order will be carried out "hurriedly"!

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Nkwobi042: 2:43pm On Nov 04, 2020
oxiide22:
that is America and Israel

Really?
Yet Muslims seems 'free' in America than in Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by maxzzo1(m): 2:43pm On Nov 04, 2020
I see nothing he spoke his mind abi na lie....?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Jonathan39: 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2020
I have traveled morethan anyone in your family, Igbo Muslim remains a mirage
Jaqenhghar:

What a silly question. My friend was married to an Igbo muslim. It did t work out. My cousin's colleague and good friend is Igbo muslim. I know of one Igbo muslim sef that was president of muslim corpers in Nigeria. Maybe you should leave your family compound and do some travel .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 04, 2020
Northerners will be your friend for the benefit they can derive from you, but as soon as they get what they want they'll come after you and all you have...E.g: Tinubu and Awolowo.

It showed itself in Edo.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by KosiGee(m): 2:48pm On Nov 04, 2020
I don’t care what anybody thinks...Uthman isa Tochukwu should be flogged till his skin peel off his bones. What sort of biased report was that??

“The Muslim Hausa lady paid her fare but keke man was satisfied and he was going to beat the lady. The lady invited her brother who threw blows with the keke man and over powered the keke man leading to keke man landing on the hospital?!!!

What nonsense! No mention of an angry relative of the lady pulling a knife and stabbing the keke man!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by KosiGee(m): 2:51pm On Nov 04, 2020
naptu2:
This is one of a series of videos posted by the Catholic Bishop of Nsukka, Most Reverend Godfrey Igwebuike Onah, to his YouTube channel on October 21. The theme of the homily was about the End SARS protests and the situation of the country, but I believe that it is this particular clip, in which he talked about mosques in Nsukka and churches in the north, that offended a lot of people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxwTa5TbKAU

What exactly was offensive about his sermon. What did he say wrong?

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Prolific007(m): 2:51pm On Nov 04, 2020
naptu2:

When the British came to Nigeria, they realised that they could not abolish our own native laws (customary law), so they accomodated it with some modifications.

Basically, customary law was reduced to governing issues such as marriage, inheritance, etc. Basically, personal law.

The customs and traditions in most Northern Nigeria at the time the British arrived was based on Sharia Law and so it became the customary law in the north.

There's also customary law in the south, based on things like marriage, inheritance, etc.

However, some northerners have been complaining since the 1960s that you can't separate Sharia Law into personal law and criminal law and that Sharia is one. Therefore, some northern governors introduced Islamic criminal law in the early 2000s. Some say that it is unconstitutional because Sharia was limited to personal law in the constitution.

Canon law was not part of Nigerian tradition and customs when the British arrived.

Well documented so how about you also clarify me on this entity called "Nigeria" like what are the fragments that make the whole of what we call a country
Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Buksaylor: 2:51pm On Nov 04, 2020
naptu2:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/sultan-to-igp-dss-interrogate-bishop-onah-over-attacks-on-muslims-in-s-south-s-east/amp/

See my country,Nigeria.

When there destroy churches ,nobody is arrested.

Who gave him the power sef to order for the arrest sef...?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by okpurukata(f): 2:52pm On Nov 04, 2020
I have not seen anything wrong with his preaching.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 04, 2020
What's their big threat now is Social Media because it's gradually opening the eyes of some of their people...I won't be surprised that even if they can't censor the internet in the whole of Nigeria, they'll do it in Northern states just like sharia..... meanwhile southern governors are inviting soldiers to their states.
Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by 9japride(m): 2:54pm On Nov 04, 2020
Northerners hate the truth that's why it's only them that are pushing for the regulation of social media. Same element are on nairaland trying to supress the truth. They cry wolf always, but they don't caution their people and I find it funny that some ignorant southerners will still take side with this people just to spite your southern brothers. Funny people everywhere.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by athaboi(f): 2:54pm On Nov 04, 2020
I watched the video and I couldn't find anything insightful there...he was only suggesting that a balance be created between the two region and religion

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Jonathan39: 2:55pm On Nov 04, 2020
Igbo Muslim is a mirage, they should keep decieving themselves. I was born in the North, attended secondary school in Lagos, went to Anambra for University, and now in Lagos. I have never come across any Igbo Muslim in my entire life
Bkayyy:

Simple, it's just like Nigerian Covid 19 cases.
How come it's only on Twitter and nairaland that Igbo Muslims exist?
I've been in SE for eons and I'm yet to see an Igbo Muslim. Where are they

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by oxiide22(m): 2:55pm On Nov 04, 2020
Nkwobi042:

Really?
Yet Muslims seems 'free' in America than in Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia.
forget that one, do u expect them (America, Israel) to create chaos in their own country? they wont do that, but they go to other peaceful religious (esp Muslims) nations to cause chaos
Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Geo07: 2:56pm On Nov 04, 2020
Whenever Herdsmen from the north massacre poor citizens in the south, nothing would be done by the government. When the female RCCG evangelist was murdered in cold blood, nothing was done to it but when there is retaliation then the northerns would say it s hate speech.
I just know Nigeria is not for everyone.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Heavensent01(m): 2:56pm On Nov 04, 2020
Sultan of Sokoto have no right to call for anyone arrest when he overlook their own Islamic priests in North

you Igbo and Hausa should ceased this stupidity of religion intolerance

1 Like

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 04, 2020
Best option for Nigeria is to create gun ownership laws and restructuring...until then, they'll still have the monopoly of violence.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Jonathan39: 2:57pm On Nov 04, 2020
I am going to download the hadith angry
plessis:

Go and read the hadith.

A Muslim will never see you as equal because you are an infidel. You are unclean, filthy and lower than an animal.

Killing a non-muslim is not a criminal offense. That is why you will never see a herdsman prosecuted and sent to jail for killing or raping a southerner.

A non-muslim is not allowed to rule over a Muslim. A non-muslim must pay higher taxes. Etc.

The problem of nigerian christians is laziness. They don't read. They haven't read the bible, talkless of the Quran or hadith.

If southerners should read the hadith, they will separate from Nigeria and ban Islam forever.

Islam is a satanic religion.
Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by Bkayyy: 2:58pm On Nov 04, 2020
Jonathan39:
Igbo Muslim is a mirage, they should keep decieving themselves. I was born in the North, attended secondary school in Lagos, went to Anambra for University, and now in Lagos. I have never come across any Igbo Muslim in my entire life
Same here my brother. I'm currently searching for them because I haven't seen one since I was born and I was born here and lived in all Eastern cities while growing up

1 Like

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by tolugar: 2:59pm On Nov 04, 2020
naptu2:
This is one of a series of videos posted by the Catholic Bishop of Nsukka, Most Reverend Godfrey Igwebuike Onah, to his YouTube channel on October 21. The theme of the homily was about the End SARS protests and the situation of the country, but I believe that it is this particular clip, in which he talked about mosques in Nsukka and churches in the north, that offended a lot of people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxwTa5TbKAU

It’s only a fool will see something wrong with this speech

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Onah & Attacks On Muslims In Nsukka: Sultan Petitions IGP, DSS by danietohbadt(m): 3:00pm On Nov 04, 2020
Liposure:
Why can't we tolerate one another in this country. Must we fight each other over ethnic differences, religious differences etc when we are suppose to live as one irrespective of the various barriers. Just look at the damage done by some unscrupulous elements in the name of riot or whatever point they are trying to prove. Sincerely speaking, we have a long way to go

Go to EFCC, NNPC, NCS, NIS, NA.
compare the number of hausas and other tribes.
when you're done, you'll see why we can't tolerate each other

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

VP Osinbajo And Wife Loved Up In These Photos / Senator Ayogu Eze Defects To APC In Enugu / Yemi Osinbajo Preaching At A Branch Of RCCG In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.