Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,215 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

$1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing (21688 Views)

Buhari, Stop The Reckless Borrowing - Punch Editorial / Botched London Trip - PDP Taunts Buhari / Obasanjo Taunts Buhari For Not Possessing WAEC Certificate (2) (3) (4)

Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 05, 2020
Elmander1983:
It will certainly be for the youth to pay in the nearest future[b]. I feel it's better they borrow to enrich farmers[/b] than borrow for them pockets sha
I don't understand your feelings. Who and where are the farmers? Why must a country enrich them? Let's stop this mediocre thinking that is dragging Nigeria backward please.
Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:21am On Nov 05, 2020
lexy2014:

China is tired of giving nigeria loan. Buhari has finished their loan.

By d way, it seems u are from China. Help us beg ur people to give buhari loan
Buhari has finished China's loan?!!
Yet he's not getting fatter!
Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 05, 2020
Elmander1983:
It will certainly be for the youth to pay in the nearest future[b]. I feel it's better they borrow to enrich farmers[/b] than borrow for them pockets sha
I don't understand your feelings. Who and where are the farmers? Why must a country enrich them? Let's stop this mediocre thinking that is dragging Nigeria backward please.
Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by udomma1005(m): 7:22am On Nov 05, 2020
So we are seeking to borrow from Brazil of yesterday oooooo
Are we not going to borrow from Ghana or Cameroon in the not too far future?
Weh done Mr fresident & your technocrats, una try. If Ogun no kill una soon, some other more terrible thing MUST kill una one by follow undecided

Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by nams77: 7:27am On Nov 05, 2020
mannobi:
How these mumu politicians think we still don't know. Rather than borrow money all the time, why not slash the senators monthly take home by half and see if we won't be lending money to Ghana.
As for aishas husband sell the country finish and remember to collect receipts ok.
There are so many ways to raise money in this country but their wickedness will not allow them.
Cut excess wages of politicians, all those jumbo allowance and armies of PA and SA.
Turn Nigeria to a unicameral state. Reduces ministerial portfolio and MDAs. Why have EFCC and ICPC when they both do the same thing.
All looted funds should be recovered. The list is endless
Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by AustineJohn908(m): 7:29am On Nov 05, 2020
Elsadam:
Enemies of progress.

Rail project: Lagos Ibadan. Itakpe warri

Bailout funds.

Road construction in the whole 36 state. Nigeria is now like a construction site.
Our airports wearing new look.

Social investment fund: npower tradermoni farmermoni, survival fund, agmeis, etc

TSA, IPPIS, BVN

So pdp should just stfu and stop deceiving themselves!!!
APC is not a Saint rather but better than pdp.
Even you is struggling to believe all these nonsense you wrote up there
Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:31am On Nov 05, 2020
uuzba:

White men colonised Nigeria, showed us modern lifestyle, setup some industries, collected some agricultural resources and left us to our independence.
Somehow, we have consistently failed to RUN the industries that were setup for us....
ESPECIALLY their maintenance.
Textile industry,- abandoned
Rubber/tyre industry - Abandoned...
We felt so cool, importing finished products from china and other cheap sources.
Today now, shine-shine plastic full for market and everybody is jobless.
See this image. All these colourful things are imported from china. Both the plastics and the cloth.
Importation alone is not the problem. The problem is the manner of importation. Fake and substandard goods are allowed to enter and with the massive rate of smuggling, our trade balance is not what we usually see on paper.
That's why closing the border has become hurtful for us.
Now, customs revenue has taken a hit, inflation has risen which has driven form the value of naira and yet we need more money to run the country.
Truth is, Buhari's thinking is too narrow and bigoted to steer a complex country like Nigeria.
Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by VULCAN(m): 7:31am On Nov 05, 2020
After PDP has slept you and your children will still pay for that Loan.

Expect dollar to pass N1000 before 2025.

Let's see how much of this loan Buhari will transfer to your account to appreciate you for the blind support

People like you that are blind will have your eyes opened by force since you are so ignorant of the implication of borrowing without the capacity to pay back.

OyinO:
PDP should go and sleep and never wake Up! Nonsense an ingredient.

Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:39am On Nov 05, 2020
Princeps:
After Obasanjo dug us from the hole with the Paris Club, look at what this man is doing. It is very clear that Northerners lack the intellectual capability to rule and develop a complex entity like Nigeria. You (North) have ruled Nigeria for most of its history and yet you have zero to show for it. God forbid!!!
There are northerners that can rule Nigeria. The problem is the critical mass of the North make choices based on religious and tribal lens.
I was discussing with a northerner in 2018 about the best way to go about 2019 choice. He went into an emotional fit and said nobody could rule Nigeria other than Buhari. I asked him why not kwankwaso or makarfi or sule lamido.
I purposely left out atiku cause I knew he was already a public enemy to them. Note that if North really had a plan to rule beyond 2023, their best bet in 2019 was to have Buhari replaced. This would have shown their so-called political savvy. But the truth is it's just a myth. The North lean to tribal and religious sentiments more than any other zone in Nigeria.

Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by SmartPolician: 7:40am On Nov 05, 2020
OyinO:

[s]Most of those grandparents were brainwashed and misinformed. It's like the Biafran War, those who were in hiding or who never experienced the war were the ones telling pipo things that never happened during the war. Your grandparents don't know what they are telling you. I know the real history.
At some point, debtors and other categories of people were sold out but that was intra-African slave trade towards the end of the Transatlantic Slave trade perpetrated by the Europeans and Jews. Don't get it twisted. Africans never started the slave trade because there was no need for slave labour. Transatlantic slave trade was the result of European demand for manpower in plantation farms, industrial and domestic work. The Jews needed proceeds of the trade to sponsor the War at the Othoman Empire in Turkey, so they owned and provided the slave ships. Slaves were captured from African villages and those travelling or either at farms, etc.[/s]

Stop writing NONSENSE on Nairaland
Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:41am On Nov 05, 2020
Elsadam:
Enemies of progress.

Rail project: Lagos Ibadan. Itakpe warri

Bailout funds.

Road construction in the whole 36 state. Nigeria is now like a construction site.
Our airports wearing new look.

Social investment fund: npower tradermoni farmermoni, survival fund, agmeis, etc

TSA, IPPIS, BVN

So pdp should just stfu and stop deceiving themselves!!!
APC is not a Saint rather but better than pdp.
How are they better? Niger state indigenes just said the president scammed them. They never said so when PDP was in office. Note they voted massively for APC twice
Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by toye440: 7:45am On Nov 05, 2020
Every Friday alahkuberians come here to tell us about rulings on this and that. So, I dare to ask what is the ruling on mindless borrowing from an infidel nation that would pauperise generation unborn.
Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by Chikelue2000(m): 7:53am On Nov 05, 2020
iamyemiakins:
PDP too dey talk, birds of the same feathers.

The thing that's just paining me is that 2023 is still far.
comments like dis make me wonder how low thinking can lead us into stupidity n d path to diaster....we are crying, complaining of how bad things are....and all u would do is call past administration that has nothing to offer?....is dis how daft we are?
Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by Valkrie: 7:55am On Nov 05, 2020
Anwons:
After Brazil, which country next?

Well maybe Gambia and with way things is going even LAPO would soon begin to advertise loan to this APC government...!! And don't be surprise the government would take from them too..!! Afterall all loan nah loan..!
Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by wdacharley(m): 7:57am On Nov 05, 2020
jimmychang:
Nigeria borrow sotay them even come dey borrow from Brazil grin grin.....

My country sha
Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by Mayng01(m): 8:00am On Nov 05, 2020
This man will destroy this country before and after 2023
Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by lexander(m): 8:05am On Nov 05, 2020

Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by solaere(m): 8:06am On Nov 05, 2020
the borrow is not my probs how do they intend to pay back
Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by TrumpDonald2: 8:14am On Nov 05, 2020
I believe if we recover the stashed millions of dollars in foreign accounts by present and past political office holders, we will service our debts immediately. Our rulers have always been our problem...a set of selfish and greedy bastards. And we don't have good laws, they have never made the right laws that will put us on the path to greatness. This country is bound to fail. Maybe that is what it needs.
Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by Elmander1983(m): 8:42am On Nov 05, 2020
Trust me I know a couple of farmers who are beneficiaries of the govt support.
DamZik:

Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by bizzibodi(m): 9:08am On Nov 05, 2020
Brasil of all places why not take loan from Somalia instead.
Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by hush15: 9:10am On Nov 05, 2020
One4me:

What if there is an agenda that get as much money as possible, from any source, to develop the North (at the expense of other regions),within Buhari's Presidency, such that the North can call the bluff of other regions, when it comes to 'breakup' and still expect the payment of such loans to be spread over all regions?
What if these "plans" needs to be concluded within Eight years of Buhari in power, since no other President would allow this sort of nonsense to persist, does it not make sense to 'get money from anywhere", just to fund and ensure things go according to plan, before Buhari leaves office?

Just look at where the borrowed funds are being spent and the way development has been skewed towards the North, under this Buhari, have you ever seen anything like this before?

Just look at how food has become very scarce and expensive in the South, because Southern farmers can go to the farm due to fear of being slaughtered or raped by Fulani Herdsmen, while Buhari and his Fulani Chief of Army Staff and other Fulani security agents look the other way, what if this is a deliberate ploy to starve Southerners into submission to Northern domination?
Dont forget Buhari is the Life Patron of Myetti Allah (Fulani Herdsmen group), recall all his comments, whenever the issue of Herdsmen's killing is raised, is: Go and accommodate them. undecided
Dont forget Buhari drove away all foreign-Aid agencies and told them straight that the only condition to return for operating in Nigeria, is if they limit their work to the North, and that is what has been happening in the last five years.

if we put all these together, l think Buhari and his fellow Fulani Cabal are implementing a deliberate strategy and Southern Nigerians need to wake up.
Recall what they said in their recent meeting, that the Oil belongs to Northerners, because according to them, the yhave 72% of the landmass.
Look at the way he unleashed the military on Southern Nigeria protesters, using a Northern Military office, Lt. Col Usman Bello.

All these things cannot be mere coincidences, Southern Nigerians better prepare for war, less it catches them unawares.
Let he who is standing, be very wary, less he slips.
This issues have NOTHING to do with PDP or APC, it is Ethnic Genocide, the type no one has ever witnessed in recent times

This is deep and worrying and whatever the theory is, there is absolutely something fundamentally wrong in that presidency.
Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 05, 2020
Elmander1983:
Trust me I know a couple of farmers who are beneficiaries of the govt support.
That's good but #37T debt is too much for farmers.
Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 05, 2020
Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by dlordy100: 10:54am On Nov 05, 2020
dm dn borrow sotee china no gree loan them again now dy have moved America I pity Nigeria in the aftermath of this wreck less borrow borrow
Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 05, 2020
iamyemiakins:
PDP too dey talk, birds of the same feathers.

The thing that's just paining me is that 2023 is still far.

Nah your brothers from South West champion the election of the illiterate.

Though the highly literate Yorubas who know Nigeria's history didn't support him. Tinumbi knows the truth but he is too greedy.
Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by Elmander1983(m): 11:12am On Nov 05, 2020
I understand your point perfectly. Truth is what was used for farmers isn't #37t. So far from the programmes,the govt has spent only about 420 billion. Except if they unfolded plans
DamZik:
That's good but #37T debt is too much for farmers.
Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 05, 2020
Elmander1983:
I understand your point perfectly. Truth is what was used for farmers isn't #37t. [b]So far from the programmes,the govt has spent only about 420 billion. [/b]Except if they unfolded plans
That's less than one trillion naira. Only God knows where Buhari is sinking all these monies.
We are not even talking about daily generated revenue which are in hundred of billions.

Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by Elsadam(m): 11:47am On Nov 05, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

How are they better? Niger state indigenes just said the president scammed them. They never said so when PDP was in office. Note they voted massively for APC twice

There governor scammed them not buhari. Has there been any year they got deprived of federal allocation. Don't they have senators, house of reps members, chairmen and councillors?

Let begin to hold our representatives close to us accountable first.

Primary health care and primary education among other things are the responsibility of the state government
Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by Elsadam(m): 11:51am On Nov 05, 2020
Jack005:
Mumu paid bmc miscreant.

MUMU Get out of my mention you enemy of great Nigeria.
Re: $1.2 Billion Brazil Loan:  PDP Taunts Buhari Over Reckless Borrowing by Jaqenhghar: 2:24pm On Nov 05, 2020
Ironically they will never borroe from the arab countries... their Muslim brothers. Always from the infidels

Oyinlola Loses Out As Party Zones Chairman Office To North / Tinubu Among Promoters Of Ruga – Odumakin / Buni Orders Release Of Detained Teenager In Yobe