Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,020 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

"We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents (44145 Views)

UK, US warn residents against travel near Kuje prison, 19 states / June 12: 'Team Lagos' Threatens To Resist Any Protest In Lagos / Buhari: We Will Not Allow Any Ethnic Group Stoke Up Hatred Against Other Groups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by Dreadful: 8:59pm On Nov 05, 2020
oshozondii:

https://twitter.com/LagosPoliceng/status/1324364134973132804?s=19

https://twitter.com/LagosPoliceng/status/1324382119876067328?s=19

I don't know how I will keep my mouth to say this grin grin
Nigeria is running a crude Islamic regime!
They don't tolerate protest of any sort.
The mistake Nigerians made was to stop the revolution so now they have successfully re-strategized to quell any prtotest before it even begins. But I see some determined Nigerian Youths that wants to change and write history.
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 05, 2020
GeneralStan:

The Avengers have no connection with EndSars protest... Go and check their reason for the threats you will find out that other than asking the govt to meet our demands in solidarity as fellow young people, what they are asking for now is particular to them...

Like I said before I will leave them to shock you all as usual maybe you think Tompolo has shown up for nothing abi

Relax we all will be alive in God's Name

Like i said, they are now a toothless dog
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by Ballack1(m): 9:18pm On Nov 05, 2020
OK. Come out and protest. The people whose shops and businesses you looted are also Nigerians. The policemen and soldiers whose colleagues you and your people murdered in the line of duty are all waiting for you

I beg you, cone out and demonstrate.
If police is not reform,people will come out and protest .
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by GeneralStan(m): 9:19pm On Nov 05, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Like i said, they are now a toothless dog

Like I said, you are in for a shock! As usual

1 Like

Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 05, 2020
Osyxcel:

So someone who resides in Lagos should travel to Abuja to protest in a federal system of government? Very wise of you I must say.

Anyway, I'm happy you agreed that not many are happy with the way the country is being run. That's why we must demand a change. It's our right.

You are the one lacking wisdom. Knowing how Nigeria works, do you think Senators in Abuja give a f.uck about the disruption to the lives of Lagosians?

What is their motivation to deliver change when they can luxuriate in their Asokoro and Maitama mansions in Abuja totally unaffected by the brouhaha in Lagos?

You think Senators watching the protest in Lagos, safe and unaffected in their Abuja haven, will just agree to take an 80% pay cut?

The protest should be convened where they would matters the most and where they directly make life uncomfortable for those who can deliver change so they actually sit up and act even if in self-interest !!!

1 Like

Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by reiddecuti: 9:22pm On Nov 05, 2020
bullionvan:
Any time I read Nigerian news, I get annoyed. No hope to make this nation beter

Because u don't want to. I can fight it alone. You have to be onboard. Everyone have to be onboard. With that, we have a force. With the force, we can actually push the government to the wall, to demand what's right for Nigeria.

Saying no hope, well, no hope until you and your likes wakes up and begin to demand for their right thing to be done.

I alone can't effect the change. Either is few of us.
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by GeneralStan(m): 9:23pm On Nov 05, 2020
Ballack1:

OK. Come out and protest. The people whose shops and businesses you looted are also Nigerians. The policemen and soldiers whose colleagues you and your people murdered in the line of duty are all waiting for you

I beg you, cone out and demonstrate.
If police is not reform,people will come out and protest .

We will come out and protest so prepare your worst...
Your hopeless police failed to keep guard over the protests and protect lives and properties instead they shot protesters and allowed hoodlums attack them freely when the hoodlums turned on them you want to blame us for it... Ina apu Ara!
Like I said prepare your worst!!!

1 Like

Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by EMMY76: 9:24pm On Nov 05, 2020
These people have learnt their lessons they will now use any means necessary to crush anything like protests from now on before it degenerates to what we just witnessed few weeks ago.
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by Osyxcel(m): 9:26pm On Nov 05, 2020
OneTemplate:

You are the one lacking wisdom. Knowing how Nigeria works, do you think Senators in Abuja give a f.uck about the disruption to the lives of Lagosians?

What is their motivation to deliver change when they can luxuriant in their Asokoro and Maitama mansions in Abuja totally unaffected by the brouhaha in Lagos?

You think Senators watching the protest in Lagos, safe and unaffected in their Abuja haven, will just agree to take an 80% pay cut?

The protest should be convened where they would matters the most and where they directly make life uncomfortable for those who can deliver change so they actually sit up and act even if in self-interest !!!

They don't feel it, yet, the federal government sent Ministers to their respective states to calm things during the last protest. It's obvious you don't understand how Government, especially a Federal one, works.

This is my last response to you.
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by Cantonese: 9:28pm On Nov 05, 2020
Racoon:
So police will be the ones to determine the right to peaceful protest & no more the Nigerian constitution? Shebi una never still get the message? Same police that is constitutionally empowered to protect peaceful protesters while arresting miscreants?

No tyranny have ever succeed against the resolve of a determined people. #EndSARS will be a child's play when another uprising will spring up.

Bros stay peacefully indoors. The ego of the police was bruised by endsars protests and the destruction of the stations. The IG has permitted them to defend themselves with their guns. They will use their guns this time irrespective of people's feelings.

Moreso notice that the destruction in Lagos, for me, was by the agberos. NURTW now controls Lagos traffic. Okadas have gone beserk in Lagos.

Bros police will not hesitate to revenge.

1 Like

Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by Funmisurge(m): 9:31pm On Nov 05, 2020
Racoon:
So police will be the ones to determine the right to peaceful protest & no more the Nigerian constitution? Shebi una never still get the message? Same police that is constitutionally empowered to protect peaceful protesters while arresting miscreants?

No tyranny have ever succeed against the resolve of a determined people. #EndSARS will be a child's play when another uprising will spring up.

Good news! Any further protest should be organized in Enugu state at least, the messages would be from there transmit to every other part of the states. In fact, I will like to be involved in any second phase of #Endsars protest scheduled to organize in any of the southeast state's, Enugu in particular

2 Likes

Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by phorget(m): 9:39pm On Nov 05, 2020
OneTemplate:

The people handing you "difficult life" are all in Abuja. Is it not cowardice to heap misery on ordinary and hardworking folks in Lagos while you ignore your political oppressors who all live and work in Abuja and are driving Ferraris around with their concubine while you people suffer us genuine Lagosians with no connection to politics or your misrule and poverty? Why are you guys so blind and vainglorious?

If you don't have ulterior motives then face Abuja with the mother of all protests and guaranteed the politicians will grant your demands if you ground their Abuja Party and looting life completely for even two weeks. Do that and leave Lagos the eff alone !!!!

My mind is now at peace,thought you are totally against any form of protest but alas you are only keen about the protest location.
Well, I will put it to you that ones Lagos police is able to stop Lagos protest then automatically other states police will grow balls.

Don't worry about the Abuja politicians, when it's time they would all feel the grunt.
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by pacificom: 9:52pm On Nov 05, 2020
The whole problem in this country boil down to the disparities between the riches who are living a comfortable, happy life and those poor who are hungry and angry at the same time. Untill our leaders start bridging the existing wide gap between the extremely rich and poor, there will always be internal war and conflict. Class should be cut down. Taxation should be proportional to individuals income, and government should exempt those living in poverty level from paying tax that they don't even earn as income, and maybe give financial grant and aid on healthcare, accommodation and public services to the poor in the society. Citizens who are entitled to decent lives will not be interested in riots and civil protests. Life is glorious and worth living for the riches, but the poor are depressed and believe that they have nothing to lose even if hell is let lose. Nigerian Government policies are are beneficial and prospers the riches, while the poor are chastised and demoralized by the tough government policies and rules. This are economic issues of a modern time and the solution lies on economic deregulations and restructuring. Problems of a large populated society is more challenging and difficult to solve compare to a micro economy involving few populace in a smaller area of land, even with limited resources.
It is time for our political class to be attentive to voices at the grassroot. Perhaps a regional government which has been widely suggested by many elites could be a relevant solution in this critical and decisive time. Result could be of positive resolution if the idea of a zonal government could be adopted to facilitate independent management of the resources and crisis in each region. The use of brutal force against civilians will further exacerbate the fragile peace between security agents and citizens of this society. Government should consider that there are more than enough idle youths who are ready to risk their lives engaging with security agents. A listening ear is required in solving the problem on ground , and that should be the position of our government hitherto.
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by Inogettime: 10:00pm On Nov 05, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

You didn't watch the hong kong protest, people were shot when it turned violent.

Protesters in the hongkong protest were attacking police, the police had to defend themselves
You seem learned
Please What do you think can solve Nigeria's overall problems
I mean a reasonable and practical solution please
Because I don't see a better Nigeria anytime from now and I don't really wish to live this country nowhere is home like home
please can you answer this
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by kumulus(m): 10:06pm On Nov 05, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Good news

I love this.

Most people don't understand once you destroy things during protest, you are indirectly taking away your right.

Some people will say it ìs their constitutional right to protest, yes it is but also know that destruction, blocking of roads and airports, burning down buildings, and occupying Government buildings is no more a protest again but a coup.

Do you sir, my dearest friend also understand that in same vein some people will say; unhinged looting, misappropriation of public funds, budget padding, bogus and needless allowances, over-taxation, government sponsored terrorism, nepotism, extrajudicial killings, abuse of public office, abandoned projects to name just few of the numerous ills which has brought this great nation of people to her knees is their constitutional right?

Not supporting looting or burning but I'd say, every action demands a reaction. The recent events across the nation is a response to years of bad leadership, hence failed governance. The leaders¹ have failed to set a good example.

-Lloyd

*Why is "peaceful" in quotes??

¹. Rulers
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by Basher8583: 10:06pm On Nov 05, 2020
Luckydubby7:
Say wetin happen?
Protesters are not the problem but the politicians who hired thugs to disorganized peaceful protesters.

Well you have been warned.
Unless your enemies are hell bent on ensuring you become one of the "gone too soon" statistics on facebook and twitter cuz nobody will miss you
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by Dagyrian(m): 10:10pm On Nov 05, 2020
[s][/s]
thebosstrevor1:
Good news

I love this.

Most people don't understand once you destroy things during protest, you are indirectly taking away your right.

Some people will say it ìs their constitutional right to protest, yes it is but also know that destruction, blocking of roads and airports, burning down buildings, and occupying Government buildings is no more a protest again but a coup.
[s][/s]

What kind of crude mentality is this?
You're obviously one of those Nigerians smiling through the pain of whatever the government throws at you.
When we say #EndSars we say #EndBadGovernance, we say better life for nigerians, we say a better future for our children, we say stop police brutality, we say equal pay for equal work, we say no to political oppression. We aren't just doing this for ourselves but for our children.

How much do you think your children would buy a bag of rice?
How many lecturers would your daughters sleep with before they graduate from university?
How many years would your children stay jobless as graduates before beginning to sell on WhatsApp statuses?
How many jobs would your children take up just to put food in their mouths?

There's no bright future for you or your children if you don't say enough now.
This is a revolution. A positive one at that.
Speak up, cos that's the only weapon we have as citizens.
#EndSars
#SoroSoke
#EndBadGovernance

1 Like

Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by tesppidd: 10:25pm On Nov 05, 2020
Racoon:

Goan protest and stop speaking English.
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by tesppidd: 10:26pm On Nov 05, 2020
Luckydubby7:
Say wetin happen?
Protesters are not the problem but the politicians who hired thugs to disorganized peaceful protesters.
Goan protest.
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by Coolcalmcollect(m): 10:26pm On Nov 05, 2020
Easternmind:
It seems this regime is against any thing democracy,they want to try nonsense,the next protest won't be Endsars,#Endsars will be a child's play compared to the next uprising...
Who remembers the 300k bill and 3 years imprisonment for violation of social media law by this dictatorship style of government,they really want to get it hard and wicked with us...
had it been bullet knack you for shoulder sebi you for no get hand to dey type rubbish.... idiot
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by Coolcalmcollect(m): 10:29pm On Nov 05, 2020
Racoon:
[s][/s]Are you in this nation when the same government brought thugs, miscreants, hooligans & hoodlums in trucks/pardo jeeps in Abuja and Lagos to assault peaceful protesters & hijacked the whole thing?

Haven't you seen pro-govt penny wise pound foolish protesters who can do anything for peanuts? Until these issues are settled, the government have no hiding place. "Emancipation from mental slavery, none but us could free our minds...." -Rastaman Bob Nesta Marley
ehn no need to talk na, police don say if dem born una papa well make una protest. sebi na govt hoodlums and thugs block road and express for common man also bah? na hoodlum make me dey trek many kilometers unto say una protest block road abi....una papa.....
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by nakamora: 10:37pm On Nov 05, 2020
Luckydubby7:
Say wetin happen?
Ipob please go to the south east for your protest.The police knows your evil plan ,Go and do your protest elsewhere.Leave Lagos State alone.
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by RealEzee(m): 10:39pm On Nov 05, 2020
wowcatty:
They are terrorists and should be treated as such.

When you attack people and burn down occupied buildings, that is not protesting or even rioting, that's terrorism and that's how bokoharam started.

if you call them terrorists and compare them to Boko Haram then it's safe to also treat them with care like Boko Haram,abi no b wetin govt dey do Boko Haram?

1 Like

Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by nakamora: 10:48pm On Nov 05, 2020
GeneralStan:

We will come out and protest so prepare your worst...
Your hopeless police failed to keep guard over the protests and protect lives and properties instead they shot protesters and allowed hoodlums attack them freely when the hoodlums turned on them you want to blame us for it... Ina apu Ara!
Like I said prepare your worst!!!

Ipob, you're warned already.Go to your south east for your protest.We would watch you on TV.Dont try any stupid protest in Yoruba land.
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by drealcivilceno(m): 10:50pm On Nov 05, 2020
Igbochief001:

Show me where that is written in the constitution

I don't really get your type are u happy with how things are or the small change u benefits is what's making act weird

Dem never kill him family na why !

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

President Buhari Feeling Relaxed At UN General Meeting (photo) / Rebecca Sharibu Joins London Protest On Leah Sharibu 2nd Anniversary Abduction / ‘Forum Of Bishops’ Holds Solidarity Rally For Pantami (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.