Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,143 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

"We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents (44125 Views)

UK, US warn residents against travel near Kuje prison, 19 states / June 12: 'Team Lagos' Threatens To Resist Any Protest In Lagos / Buhari: We Will Not Allow Any Ethnic Group Stoke Up Hatred Against Other Groups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by Lilgabby(m): 7:53pm On Nov 05, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Good news

I love this.

Most people don't understand once you destroy things during protest, you are indirectly taking away your right.

Some people will say it ìs their constitutional right to protest, yes it is but also know that destruction, blocking of roads and airports, burning down buildings, and occupying Government buildings is no more a protest again but a coup.
Daft monkey grin
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by MemoriesAndMe: 7:53pm On Nov 05, 2020
Racoon:
[s][/s]Are you in this nation when the same government brought thugs, miscreants, hooligans & hoodlums in trucks/pardo jeeps in Abuja and Lagos to assault peaceful protesters & hijacked the whole thing?

Haven't you seen pro-govt penny wise pound foolish protesters who can do anything for peanuts? Until these issues are settled, the government have no hiding place. "Emancipation from mental slavery, none but us could free our minds...." -Rastaman Bob Nesta Marley
They said it was a Northern senator that sponsored the hoodlums that disrupted the peaceful protests by hiring hoodlums. The "Northern Governors" had a meeting last week and decided all of this, including social media control as if everyone in Nigeria lives in their backyard there in the North. So who is still looking for Nigeria's problem?

Theyre trying to tame the youths, but how many people police fit arrest and kill? They have started freezing bank accounts forgetting that the hungry man doesn't need a bank account Hunger is a universal language every stomach understands.

The blame has just been shifted to the police. Police nor reach the masses, and they're already tired of taking orders from Abuja when their families are dealing with the same crappy constitution that favors only one region.. Watch it, Part 2 will naturally unfold.

1 Like

Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by AlieninPH: 7:54pm On Nov 05, 2020
Racoon:
[s][/s]Are you in this nation when the same government brought thugs, miscreants, hooligans & hoodlums in trucks/pardo jeeps in Abuja and Lagos to assault peaceful protesters & hijacked the whole thing?

Haven't you seen pro-govt penny wise pound foolish protesters who can do anything for peanuts? Until these issues are settled, the government have no hiding place. "Emancipation from mental slavery, none but us could free our minds...." -Rastaman Bob Nesta Marley

You are known to tell lies and ferment trouble on Nairaland, always hoping for evil to happen in Lagos, but you and your Co travellers will fail miserably.
The police has warned you, if you venture to come out, to create any problem, you will be caught and dealt with.

1 Like

Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by Donedeal1(m): 7:55pm On Nov 05, 2020
You can always go to Abj the seats of the government to protests or your constituency to protests against your respective representative.

1 Like

Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by omenka(m): 7:55pm On Nov 05, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

Not igbos, ipod.

See what this edo guy said.

https://www.facebook.com/149647212407373/videos/364361721488469/

Don't have an issue with protests, only issue is that it will be hijacked.

Some elements are waiting for the country to burn.

They can't fight alone so will indiscriminately join to hijack.
At this point in time, Lagos can't afford protests of ANY FORM. It is time to heal and rebuild the city after all the destruction that was visited upon it in the name of protests.

If I was Sanwo Olu, I'd make anyone who violates this pronouncement regret it for the rest of their lives.

Haba. This is getting too much. They just want to see Lagos totally destroyed!
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by Tospecial(m): 7:55pm On Nov 05, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Keyboard warrior stop bragging.

I can promise you that they wont be ever any protest in lagos again.

The government are now smart
[s][/s]
Are you also one of the wicked government officials who don't want any good for the citizens, I think you are one of them because if you are not I don't think you will be happy the way this evil politicians are enslaving the citizens. And the only way for the citizens to show that they are not happy is through this protest. So, please tell your colleagues that if the citizens decides to continue the protest that nobody can stop them except they are ready to kill everyone which will give this nation and government in whole a very bitter mark and name.
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by AOB1: 7:56pm On Nov 05, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Good news

I love this.

Most people don't understand once you destroy things during protest, you are indirectly taking away your right.

Some people will say it ìs their constitutional right to protest, yes it is but also know that destruction, blocking of roads and airports, burning down buildings, and occupying Government buildings is no more a protest again but a coup.
so because of this nonsense you write the citizens no longer have right to protest against bad government again abi
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by MansoryMX(m): 7:58pm On Nov 05, 2020
Wait o! I don’t get it! This people want us to live a life where they will embezzle public funds meant for the betterment of this country and still extort citizens off their hard earned sweat and we should keep quiet like zombies abi! Thunder fire all of una there! If Na so war wan use start for this country let it start I don kukuma tire!
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by gowonmaharajah(m): 8:00pm On Nov 05, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

The president is the commander in Chief of Nigeria and can declare a Marshall law on a violent protest to bring back law and order.

You are typing like a kid, you don't understand the power of the president
marshall law in a democratic state?
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by Tospecial(m): 8:00pm On Nov 05, 2020
Igbochief001:

Show me where that is written in the constitution

I don't really get your type are u happy with how things are or the small change u benefits is what's making act weird
Is like you are one of those tyrants that was used by the wicked politicians to disrupt the peaceful protest, because you can't even understand ordinary write-up. Please if you don't have anything to do go and buy sleeping tablet take it and sleep.

1 Like

Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by biggy26: 8:03pm On Nov 05, 2020
Racoon:
So police will be the ones to determine the right to peaceful protest & no more the Nigerian constitution? Shebi una never still get the message? Same police that is constitutionally empowered to protect peaceful protesters while arresting miscreants?

No tyranny have ever succeed against the resolve of a determined people. #EndSARS will be a child's play when another uprising will spring up.
Don't mind the dumb heads, they are afraid, that's all.

1 Like

Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by Tareq1105: 8:03pm On Nov 05, 2020
Racoon:
So police will be the ones to determine the right to peaceful protest & no more the Nigerian constitution? Shebi una never still get the message? Same police that is constitutionally empowered to protect peaceful protesters while arresting miscreants?

No tyranny have ever succeed against the resolve of a determined people. #EndSARS will be a child's play when another uprising will spring up.

E bi like say una mama pikin plenty. If yes, you can follow go protest.
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by nettpen: 8:03pm On Nov 05, 2020
omenka:
It is very irritating seeing what some Easterners do on this forum. Why are they so desperate to see South West in ruins? The same West they troop to to make their bones. Haba. This hatred is too much.

Let them go and protest in the East. No one is stopping them. After all the carnage that was wreaked on Lagos they're still not satisfied and want to see more!

Look what Wike did and has been doing to them. None of them think that is worth protesting against but Lagos is meant to be the land of protests, arson, looting and killing.

Very terrible humans.

Are U done reporting me? I'm still in ur face bastard.
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by reiddecuti: 8:04pm On Nov 05, 2020
Una never begin. Just get ready for the next wave of tsunami that will hit you or u better tell your pay masters or Oga at the top, whichever you choose to do the needful.

I know this is a barking of a toothless dog.
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by dvkot(m): 8:05pm On Nov 05, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Good news

I love this.

e go shock you say second bigger wave is coming.. Just chill hand go touch you soon
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by TinubuGoQuench(f): 8:06pm On Nov 05, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

SHUT UP!!!
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by IAMPEDRO: 8:07pm On Nov 05, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

You be god? well, you said "promise"
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by Tospecial(m): 8:07pm On Nov 05, 2020
Igbochief001:

Where violence makes u lose ur right to protest
I think you are one of them that don't want this protest because if you're not you should know that the protest was hijacked and you should speak against the hijack of the protest.
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by reiddecuti: 8:08pm On Nov 05, 2020
biggy26:

Don't mind the dumb heads, they are afraid, that's all.

The tsunami that will hit them this time around will be the most recorded disaster ever in this world. Let them and their pay masters keep toying with Nigerians life.

1 Like

Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by phorget(m): 8:09pm On Nov 05, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

There won't only be protests but revolutions.
If they don't want protest then they should stop handing us difficult life... How much is a bag of rice in your area please?
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 05, 2020
AlieninPH:

You are known to tell lies and ferment trouble on Nairaland, always hoping for evil to happen in Lagos, but you and your Co travellers will fail miserably.
The police has warned you, if you venture to come out, to create any problem, you will be caught and dealt with.

The matter is even very simple. If not for sinister motivations and ulterior motives, is it not entirely dumb and politically meaningless for protests against misrule and bad governance to be convened in Lagos?

Abuja is the seat of executive and legislative governance of Nigeria for crying out loud. Aso Rock is in Abuja and the National assembly is in Abuja too.

Lagos, for those who do not have ulterior motives, is no more a productive protest arena than Nasarawa or Gombe. It should be obvious to genuine protestors that they will get their way if they ground Abuja totally. Simple !!!!

The Police have got this spot on as they, and the political administrators of Lagos, know that any further protest is simply the work of anarchists, seccessionists and malevolent politicians who do not give a toss if Lagos goes up in flame.

Protestors should face Abuja squarely. Lagos is not the Nigerian seat of power.Abuja is.Lagos is effectively another ordinary Nigerian State albeit richer and more successful than others.
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by stealmatic(m): 8:11pm On Nov 05, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Good news

I love this.

okay let me wait and see what will happen in November 12 when the npower youth protest,it's not done ,u can't destrupt protest,rather you find a way to make it peaceful either by getting police to maintain it or sort, people need to pass message, social media is filled with fake news so this is the only platform for them to pass their message especially if it's urgent
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by biggy26: 8:12pm On Nov 05, 2020
reiddecuti:

The tsunami that will hit them this time around will be the most recorded disaster ever in this world. Let them and their pay masters keep toying with Nigerians life.
The protest shocked them. They still yet to recover from it.
When people begin to talk like this, you know they have lost their power.
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by Tospecial(m): 8:12pm On Nov 05, 2020
NOC1:
If you are sensible there is no need for any protest or gathering in Lagos for the moment.

The holy scripture said there is time for everything.

What do they want to protest for now? Loot people’s businesses again?
Please don't come here to preach because is the right of the citizens to protest, if the government don't want protest they should do the right thing, so if you want to preach talk to these politicians to change for good and let the change affect the citizens positively so that no one will think of going out to protest.
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 05, 2020
omenka:
At this point in time, Lagos can't afford protests of ANY FORM. It is time to heal and rebuild the city after all the destruction that was visited upon it in the name of protests.

If I was Sanwo Olu, I'd make anyone who violates this pronouncement regret it for the rest of their lives.

Haba. This is getting too much. They just want to see Lagos totally destroyed!

Agreed sir!
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by Tareq1105: 8:15pm On Nov 05, 2020
nettpen:

I fear nothing

We're not saying you can't protest. It's your right. But don't allow your right affect my right of free movement.

You're free to protest if you can guarantee that hoodlums would not infiltrate and lead to burning and looting.

Just sign a bond with the police. That's all.

1 Like

Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 05, 2020
phorget:

There won't only be protests but revolutions.
If they don't want protest then they should stop handing us difficult life... How much is a bag of rice in your area please?

The people handing you "difficult life" are all in Abuja. Is it not cowardice to heap misery on ordinary and hardworking folks in Lagos while you ignore your political oppressors who all live and work in Abuja and are driving Ferraris around with their concubine while you people suffer us genuine Lagosians with no connection to politics or your misrule and poverty? Why are you guys so blind and vainglorious?

If you don't have ulterior motives then face Abuja with the mother of all protests and guaranteed the politicians will grant your demands if you ground their Abuja Party and looting life completely for even two weeks. Do that and leave Lagos the eff alone !!!!
Re: "We Won't Allow Any Protest In Lagos", Police Warn Residents by Tospecial(m): 8:16pm On Nov 05, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Continue ranting.

Those who claim they are emancipated from mental slavery are actually the real slave.

If you were free, you would have had control over your life instead of blaming everyone for your problems or trying to fulfill someone else ambition for power
You know you are the real slave because I see you as a tool of wickedness and that is that most pitiful slavery.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Southern And Northern Kaduna Agree To Split Kaduna State At Constitution Review / Dino Melaye At NNPC Petrol Station Lokoja (Photos) / Aisha Buhari Rides Train From Kaduna To Abuja (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.