Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,647 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Works, Finance Ministries Inflated Our Budget By N11bn, FERMA Boss Tells Reps - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Works, Finance Ministries Inflated Our Budget By N11bn, FERMA Boss Tells Reps (16558 Views)

Most Nigerian Roads Are Expired – FERMA Boss / Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps / General Attahiru Tells Reps To Invite Ex-Service Chiefs Over Arms Procurement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Works, Finance Ministries Inflated Our Budget By N11bn, FERMA Boss Tells Reps by Yankee101: 8:45pm On Nov 05, 2020
themanderon:

Which military? They all have their hands in the cookie jar.

Top officials yes
Re: Works, Finance Ministries Inflated Our Budget By N11bn, FERMA Boss Tells Reps by macolino(m): 8:46pm On Nov 05, 2020
Ikegwuru
Re: Works, Finance Ministries Inflated Our Budget By N11bn, FERMA Boss Tells Reps by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:42pm On Nov 05, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Some people wont call their parents to stop corruption in the civil services, they will be blaming Buhari from morning to midnight
What exactly does dis piece of news have to do with the civil service
Re: Works, Finance Ministries Inflated Our Budget By N11bn, FERMA Boss Tells Reps by Princedapace(m): 9:53pm On Nov 05, 2020
This was why I wished Trump had won. Yes, his immigration policies are not good. Yes, third world citizens should learn to sit their ass down in their country and fight these their greedy useless leaders who waste their money.

We no want to fight, but we are interested in running to other countries that fought their way to greatness. Shame on the black race. Failed continent.
Re: Works, Finance Ministries Inflated Our Budget By N11bn, FERMA Boss Tells Reps by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 05, 2020
Let the truth be coming out. Then they should share the one your senate committee will refuse to chase your budget if you don’t agree which one is their own. Even if your parastatal barely has money for its own operations
Re: Works, Finance Ministries Inflated Our Budget By N11bn, FERMA Boss Tells Reps by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 05, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

What exactly does dis piece of news have to do with the civil service

I hope you know it is civil servants that work in the ministry of works, finance and FERMA abi you thought na spirit dey d office?
Re: Works, Finance Ministries Inflated Our Budget By N11bn, FERMA Boss Tells Reps by MrSquint: 12:43am On Nov 06, 2020
Now if I say we are governed by THIEVES in agbada and caftans, desmond ediot will say a child has insulted elders right ?

This is shameful
Watch out and see if anybody will pay for this from the ministries of works or finance. Infact ferma itself is full of thieves. #ENDFERMA NOW
Re: Works, Finance Ministries Inflated Our Budget By N11bn, FERMA Boss Tells Reps by tegrianonigltd(m): 1:04am On Nov 06, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Some people wont call their parents to stop corruption in the civil services, they will be blaming Buhari from morning to midnight, then get HBP and die young.

In a home, if the house Dey scatter and tumble, the father is head, and he would be first to insult, say he no train them well, see when killings of Jonathan by Boko haram, and corruption, you all blame Jonathan, crucified him, nailed him on the cross, buried him. But now buhari who have been at the corridors of power since 1970s, as governor, nnpc, petroleum minister, head of state, President etc, work with Abacha. Work with Obasanjo, his state had no federal university, Jonathan was the one who did, no schools for almajiris , Jonathan was the one who did, gave them hope of a brighter life. In 5 years, he built 14 universities or less for the northerners, over 250 almajiri schools, he wanted them to catch up with us the south so we can reason alike and move ahead, he had vision, he did other things, boosted the economy, revived the rail they are enjoying, etc, but buhari who had been at the corridors of power since 1970s, was a messiah, just like America are making a mistake with Biden, in power for 48 years claiming he is coming to fix things, fix things at what age na. Lol
Re: Works, Finance Ministries Inflated Our Budget By N11bn, FERMA Boss Tells Reps by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:35am On Nov 06, 2020
Speaktruth88:

I hope you know it is civil servants that work in the ministry of works, finance and FERMA abi you thought na spirit dey d office?
So it's civil servants that inflate budgets that they won't have access to abi?
Re: Works, Finance Ministries Inflated Our Budget By N11bn, FERMA Boss Tells Reps by EmmaOgbu(m): 7:30am On Nov 06, 2020
The 11b is for those yahoo politicians
Re: Works, Finance Ministries Inflated Our Budget By N11bn, FERMA Boss Tells Reps by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 06, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

So it's civil servants that inflate budgets that they won't have access to abi?

Yes they do. Government agencies work together, you need clearances from different agencies to get especially physical projects done.

They ask for their share. If you don’t bring your document gets “lost” or the person supposed to approve goes on “training”. This is Nigeria we know ourselves no be today corruption start from inside our administrative centre ie civil service.

In many places civil servants are chopping more than the political appointees because they know where the money is in their agency. Not one agency in this country is clean.
Re: Works, Finance Ministries Inflated Our Budget By N11bn, FERMA Boss Tells Reps by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:18pm On Nov 06, 2020
Speaktruth88:

Yes they do. Government agencies work together, you need clearances from different agencies to get especially physical projects done.

They ask for their share. If you don’t bring your document gets “lost” or the person supposed to approve goes on “training”. This is Nigeria we know ourselves no be today corruption start from inside our administrative centre ie civil service.

In many places civil servants are chopping more than the political appointees because they know where the money is in their agency. Not one agency in this country is clean.

They are saying one thing you're saying another.
The Ferma head is alleging that his budget grew by 11bn while moving from ministry of works to ministry of finance to nass.
How you manage to interpret that to contract inflation beats me.
Note that no agency's contract can be inflated without the knowledge of the political head or his associates.
Re: Works, Finance Ministries Inflated Our Budget By N11bn, FERMA Boss Tells Reps by yellowpepper: 9:54pm On Nov 06, 2020
I have nothing to say about this for now but I have some valuable information for business owners;
FCMB Business Account is designed to cater to the day-to-day banking needs for your business. Start today. https://on.fcmb.com/online-account-business3
Re: Works, Finance Ministries Inflated Our Budget By N11bn, FERMA Boss Tells Reps by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 06, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

They are saying one thing you're saying another.
The Ferma head is alleging that his budget grew by 11bn while moving from ministry of works to ministry of finance to nass.
How you manage to interpret that to contract inflation beats me.
Note that no agency's contract can be inflated without the knowledge of the political head or his associates.

Oga. They all knew what was happening and are only talking to save face. If you work in FERMA you people are corrupt. You are trying to make that agency out to be innocent bystanders when we know how you all work. Let there be investigation, the truth is not hidden just EFCC officials will join chop on this one.

Nigerians are corrupt. Nigerian civil servants are corrupt. Nigerian politicians are corrupt. Nobody is coming to this conversation with clean hands especially if you have government ties.
Re: Works, Finance Ministries Inflated Our Budget By N11bn, FERMA Boss Tells Reps by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:38pm On Nov 06, 2020
Speaktruth88:

Oga. They all knew what was happening and are only talking to save face. If you work in FERMA you people are corrupt. You are trying to make that agency out to be innocent bystanders when we know how you all work. Let there be investigation, the truth is not hidden just EFCC officials will join chop on this one.

Nigerians are corrupt. Nigerian civil servants are corrupt. Nigerian politicians are corrupt. Nobody is coming to this conversation with clean hands especially if you have government ties.

Instead of engaging in an emotional outburst, why don't you read the OP. It's clear the Reps members had foreknowledge of the budget submitted by FERMA to the Min of Works. It's also obvious from the OP that the MD of FERMA agreed that their budget got inflated while moving from Min of Works to Min of Finance to NASS. So I ask you again. How does this lie at the doorstep of the civil service? If you have info that is not captured by the OP bring it out.
Instead of muddling up the waters and obfuscating issues by labelling all Nigerians corrupt as if you're not a Nigerian yourself, why don't you ask for the investigation of NASS as to how the budget got inflated between MoW and MoF or are you one of the paid defenders of ministers?
Re: Works, Finance Ministries Inflated Our Budget By N11bn, FERMA Boss Tells Reps by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 07, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Instead of engaging in an emotional outburst, why don't you read the OP. It's clear the Reps members had foreknowledge of the budget submitted by FERMA to the Min of Works. It's also obvious from the OP that the MD of FERMA agreed that their budget got inflated while moving from Min of Works to Min of Finance to NASS. So I ask you again. How does this lie at the doorstep of the civil service? If you have info that is not captured by the OP bring it out.
Instead of muddling up the waters and obfuscating issues by labelling all Nigerians corrupt as if you're not a Nigerian yourself, why don't you ask for the investigation of NASS as to how the budget got inflated between MoW and MoF or are you one of the paid defenders of ministers?

Paid defenders of minister? Thankfully I am self employed in this system of iniquity so my ability to be objective stands me in good stead.

I repeat, there is no innocent party in this process. This is not the only parastatal in Nigeria and there is a clear method of how budgets are set up and divided from the small “officials” in FERMA to your dept heads, to your asst directors, directors MD unto the ministry, directors, perm sec, minister, the board etc just make sure you people do at least 70% of the job.

Why should I be emotional?

Let there be an investigation into the “companies” supposed to execute everything from cleaning to the actual purpose of the parastatal and your little civil servant hands (and your companies) will be all over it. We are not small children here, just be keeping quiet and collect your small transport, you’re likely not high up enough to get a good chunk since you have time be pontificating on nl instead of working to clean up that budget.
Re: Works, Finance Ministries Inflated Our Budget By N11bn, FERMA Boss Tells Reps by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:56pm On Nov 07, 2020
Speaktruth88:

Paid defenders of minister? Thankfully I am self employed in this system of iniquity so my ability to be objective stands me in good stead.

I repeat, there is no innocent party in this process. This is not the only parastatal in Nigeria and there is a clear method of how budgets are set up and divided from the small “officials” in FERMA to your dept heads, to your asst directors, directors MD unto the ministry, directors, perm sec, minister, the board etc just make sure you people do at least 70% of the job.

Why should I be emotional?

Let there be an investigation into the “companies” supposed to execute everything from cleaning to the actual purpose of the parastatal and your little civil servant hands (and your companies) will be all over it. We are not small children here, just be keeping quiet and collect your small transport, you’re likely not high up enough to get a good chunk since you have time be pontificating on nl instead of working to clean up that budget.
Even Nigeria's private sector is corrupt so being in the private sector does not exempt you from the brush you're using to tar everyone else.
That said, I'll suggest you go back to the op.
The subject is the budget being inflated by 11bn. I believe our point of argument is who should be directly responsible for such malfeasance. You say the civil service, I say the political class.
You seem to misconstrue budget inflation (padding) with contract inflation. Sir, they are different. For a contract to be awarded, it does not need the input of nass. It's only budget that needs nass approval. A contract in the budget can only be approved by either FEC or the ministerial tenders board. Both bodies are populated by politicians. I hope you get the gist now

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Terrorists Killed 55 Iron Mongers In Borno In 3 Weeks – Police / We Will Spend ₦‎5 Billion To Renovate Governor’s Office – Otu / Corruption: Buhari Didn’t Clear SGF – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.