Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,306 members, 7,780,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:44 PM

The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" (19077 Views)

American Man Traces Owner Of Wrong Number That Has Been Calling Him For 20 Years / How We Can Address The Increasing Menace Of "Marketers" In The Phone Section. / I Need Help: I Am A Victim Of Wrong Phone Tracking [my Story] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 07, 2020
PhiliptheArab:
Although Nigeria's telecom sector has improved, especially facilities, a lot of work needs to be done.
Improved what, 4g network browsing like 3g. Too much internet buffering. There's nothing to be proud of in Nigeria.
Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by Coolgent(m): 8:06pm On Nov 07, 2020
I rather receive call from Aboki than from Igbo/Yoruba scammers/Yahoo. grin
Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 07, 2020
onyechez:

Improved what, 4g network browsing like 3g. Too much internet buffering. There's nothing to be proud of in Nigeria.

Its better than 17 to 20 years ago

1.when to browse was a big struggle due to slow internet speeds.

2. When calling an Mtn line from an econet line was trobulesome

3. When calling a Nitel line from a GSM line was bothersome

4. When there was zero home internet .

Weve come a long way.

3 Likes

Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 07, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

Weve come a long way.
So this is an achievement to be proud of by being lazy all the years. Go and see what small countries in Africa are doing it will shock you. 17 years should be more better than this mediocrity. Your neighboring countries in Africa are building telephony for more than 300,000 rural dwellers in the village to use network to enhance businesses to grow. If you don't know Nigeria is very backwards in every thing.
Countries in Africa have past this stage of poor network in cities they're dealing in villages now.

2 Likes

Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 07, 2020
onyechez:

So this is an achievement to be proud of by being lazy all the years. Go and see what small countries in Africa are doing it will shock you. 17 years should be more better than this mediocrity. Your neighboring countries in Africa are building telephony for more than 300,000 rural dwellers in the village to use network to enhance businesses to grow. If you don't know Nigeria is very backwards in every thing.
Countries in Africa have past this stage of poor network in cities they're dealing in villages now.

And Nigeria has 216 million lines, inclding telephony in rural areas.

I don't know about you, but the village i served in for NYSC had phone service.Many villages in Nigeria have GSM service.

Internet penetrance too is growing.

Beleive in your country a bit more.

Things have improved. It is not like the 1980's when to make an interntional call, one had to go to the 'phone exchange'...or the 1990's when for a nation of 90million then we had 300000 phone lines.
Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by Patiks: 9:11pm On Nov 07, 2020
I thought the Mallam thingy was peculiar to my MTN line. grin

Now I know that I am not alone.
Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by yellowpepper: 10:29pm On Nov 07, 2020
Lol... this is normal in Nigeria, it’s not new. But do you know what is new
It’s now easy for you to Send or receive money from any bank with zero account maintenance fee. SME I think this is for you jump on it https://on.fcmb.com/online-account-business3
Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by kikelomojessy(f): 11:57pm On Nov 07, 2020
I received calls from Hausa mainly and even when I tell them it's a wrong number they will keep calling for days. So I don't bother mysef anymore,once I tell them it's a wrong number, I block them. Shikina.
Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by zabson(m): 12:37am On Nov 08, 2020
I've had my own share of experiences. Mostly from those Igbo inyamuri flathea,ds. I had to change my line at one point. angry
Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by Jilo83(m): 6:56am On Nov 08, 2020
not only mtn line o. Mine is glo
Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by Forexnaira: 12:28pm On Nov 08, 2020

Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by Mohbola(f): 12:48pm On Nov 08, 2020
It can be so annoying
Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by Weneda(m): 3:04pm On Nov 08, 2020
My brother me I'm tired of Yoruba, Fulani and hausa calling my glo and speaking different types of languages to me
Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by edoairways: 3:49pm On Nov 08, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

Weve come a long way.
Yeah at least it render some cyber cafe owners jobless.

1 Like

Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by edoairways: 3:50pm On Nov 08, 2020
zabson:
I've had my own share of experiences. Mostly from those Igbo inyamuri flathea,ds. I had to change my line at one point. angry

1 Like

Re: The Increasing Menace Of "Wrong Number" by edoairways: 3:52pm On Nov 08, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

And Nigeria has 216 million lines, inclding telephony in rural areas.

I don't know about you, but the village i served in for NYSC had phone service.Many villages in Nigeria have GSM service.

Internet penetrance too is growing.

Beleive in your country a bit more.

Things have improved. It is not like the 1980's when to make an interntional call, one had to go to the 'phone exchange'...or the 1990's when for a nation of 90million then we had 300000 phone lines.
Yeah! Things indeed has changed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 20 Fastest Internet Providers In Nigeria / What Android Has That iOS Doesn't Have / We Did Not Sack Oyagbola And We Paid No Bribe - MTN.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.