Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,517 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! (11564 Views)

Benin Monarch Refuses To Endorse Pdp Candidate / Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief (pics) / Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by cinzo: 4:35pm On Mar 15, 2011
^^unique in what way? abeg! abeg!! abeg!!!
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by GudluckIBB(m): 4:38pm On Mar 15, 2011
No One shud talk down on my culture,My Oba is not like any other Oba who attends Owambe parties and attend Basketmouth shows or play some ruf one  in Kuramo Beach.it is forbidden to kill the cockroach in the Obas palace let alone hitting the Son.
it is a Taboo to be an enemy of the Oba, Who be dat wey dey gbo gbo yaga! Dem dey mad?Oba gha to kpere
Ise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by daroz(m): 4:39pm On Mar 15, 2011
:-Xwell, i rest my case. Una go soon hear result
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by TewMuch: 4:42pm On Mar 15, 2011
daroz:

and who told you it is done like that in benin? Look, i repeat, u guys should stop commenting out of ignorance. Learn b4 u speak, the bini has a very unique culture.

That is the culture everywhere, Oba's are deposed by their people. If the benin people say they dont want a particular oba anymore the Oba has to vacate the throne. That is why an Oba and his family should act like Royalty. The land is for the people, and not the Oba. He is a leader and his station should represent that. The fact that his son is a prince does not give him the privilege to misbehave, and if he does the Oba should set an example by handling it in a royal manner. All this mass cursing means nothing. Why didnt Benin people curse white people that have been sending their Oba's on exile? Abegi, make we hear word.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Ultrame(m): 4:44pm On Mar 15, 2011
daroz:

I laugh in bini language. Most of u guys think freedom of speech in nairaland means freedom to talk anyhow. If u want to know the magnitude of the implication of the Oba laying a curse on anyone leaving in Benin soil, just go and ask a typical Bini man. Abi una think say Oba of benin be like some of those yoruba Oba wey dey fight for street? Infact I dey cry for Eriho right now cry cry cry

^^^
You dey craze!

You have no respect whatsoever for other peoples' culture, yet you rant about how sacred yours is. You're so full of Poo!.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by HamidO1(m): 4:48pm On Mar 15, 2011
GudluckIBB:

No One shud talk down on my culture,My Oba is not like any other Oba who attends Owambe parties and attend Basketmouth shows or play some ruf one  in Kuramo Beach.it is forbidden to kill the cockroach in the Obas palace let alone hitting the Son.
it is a Taboo to be an enemy of the Oba, Who be dat wey dey gbo gbo yaga! Dem dey mad?Oba gha to kpere
Ise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me his son has two(2) heads. Nonsense
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by HamidO1(m): 4:50pm On Mar 15, 2011
Tell me the Oba's family is covered by some kind of immunity clause. mscheeeeew
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by oderemo(m): 4:52pm On Mar 15, 2011
on One shud talk down on my culture,My Oba is not like any other Oba who attends Owambe parties and attend
Basketmouth shows or play some ruf one  in Kuramo Beach.it is forbidden to kill the cockroach in the Obas palace let ale hitting the Son.
Ise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
when one read statement like yors it immediately dawn on ppl y we will continue to BOW to all these ancient believe
that oba reign supreme.the constitution for yor info supercede the obas. that is enshrined in that book.
respect  the oba yes.but not worship him.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 15, 2011
@ vanesa,am suprised to hear you say you are a true born benin child,am really suprised (am sure you have overstayed in dispora and want the gods to repartriate you )
so what is your position on igwue festival
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by v3: 5:06pm On Mar 15, 2011
Pass this across to the oba
So when you, a mere human, pass judgment (curse) on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape Gods judgment? - Romans 2:3
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Arosa(m): 5:09pm On Mar 15, 2011
v3:

Pass this across to the oba
So when you, a [b]mere human, pass judgment (curse) on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape Gods judgment? - Romans 2:3[/b]
grin grin ;DThe Oba is not mere human. the Oba is the Oba. lipsrsealed
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by seanet02: 5:11pm On Mar 15, 2011
Lagbaja Epe, Epe Epe
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by vanesa(m): 5:18pm On Mar 15, 2011
Aguiyi we are talking A and  you came with B why na? wetin concern me concern apko  or igwe festival?? So if i see truth make i no talk ? The other one with deportation or repatriate i will only laugh in calaba because i dont use visa to travel that was resolved way back before your birth! I fear only one God,the one with the capital letter G!So chillout and stop wearing condoms on another mans p.en.is . koyo
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by proproman(m): 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2011
look, this is a traditional setting. if the cursing and everything is part of their tradition, then let them be. in our own traditional settings, our traditional leaders do certain things that we might not consider as modern but most of us respect them. maybe we should also learn to respect other people's traditional beliefs.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Angelaoke: 5:26pm On Mar 15, 2011
we should mind thing we say with our mouth,bluetooth be carefull ur big mouth is too much,most u comment in every subject posted,'ve faith in wht ever u beliv in and stop calling people names and cursing,i abeg u make u nor go share 4rm another person curse 1 day take my advice.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by vanesa(m): 5:28pm On Mar 15, 2011
Proproman,But his son is not holding a traditional post so why resolve it in a traditional style? Why not let the law have it's way instead of trying to manipulate the good and bad people of Benin City against a man and his family? my own is not the curse because it does not work looking at the way things are run in edo state and the amount of cursing that has being going on,mine is with the segregation this man andhis family are going to receive by the already judgmental people of benin.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 15, 2011
daroz:

:-Xwell, i rest my case. Una go soon hear result
Which result ? Waec or post-ume result ? Guy all these your bootlicking of your almighty oba no move me at all.Was it not the same oba that cursed armed robbers and kidnappers last year ? Since then,what has been happeining in benin if not increased armed robbery and kidnapping ? The world has moved passed the medieval period;religion has been separated from politics.let your oba and his son stay in their palace and leave politics for sane people. Arrant bullshiit
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by snowdrops(m): 5:33pm On Mar 15, 2011
vanesa:

Proproman,But his son is not holding a traditional post so why resolve it in a traditional style? Why not let the law have it's way instead of trying to manipulate the good and bad people of Benin City against a man and his family? my own is not the curse because it does not work looking at the way things are run in edo state and the amount of cursing that has being going on,mine is with the segregation this man andhis family are going to receive by the already judgmental people of benin.

why u dey call urself vanesa wen u be man?
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by vanesa(m): 5:35pm On Mar 15, 2011
ova sabi dem ask usmiley
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Pennywise(m): 5:38pm On Mar 15, 2011
The son of the oba of Benin has no business being local govt chairman whether in an interim capacity or not.

While the action of the Chiefs and the wider support of the Benin pple may have some short term value, in the long term it has done serious damage to the person of the prince and the monarchy.

If the prince is an honorable person he will thank the bini pple for their support and then vacate that position.

Obviously the opposing political camp may have a hand in this or at least in some way exploited the unfortunate incident to their advantage.

The bini throne has enjoyed the reverence its pple hold its monarchy in part due to its aloofness in matters of politics and government.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by snowdrops(m): 5:41pm On Mar 15, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Since then,what has been happeining in benin if not increased armed robbery and kidnapping ?
actually the spate of these dastardly acts is not as bad as it was prior to these curses.

we all know your stance on the revered Bini culture Mr Bluetooth.
The facts at hand here is that someone was assaulted as testified by several witnesses. That is grievous bodily harm and a criminal offence.
Secondly the victim is a member of the bini royal family, a prince. I am no lawyer but there surely should be a section of the constitution that creates a separate offence for assaulting a royal.
Thirdly the traditional institution is dealing with what it termed an "abomination" the way it knows best, so why are you testicles catching fire?

Some people here just like blowing hot just because they see others doing so.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by snowdrops(m): 5:46pm On Mar 15, 2011
Pennywise:

The son of the oba of Benin has no business being local govt chairman whether in an interim capacity or not.

While the action of the Chiefs and the wider support of the Benin pple may have some short term value, in the long term it has done serious damage to the person of the prince and the monarchy.

If the prince is an honorable person he will thank the bini pple for their support and then vacate that position.

Obviously the opposing political camp may have a hand in this or at least in some way exploited the unfortunate incident to their advantage.

The bini throne has enjoyed the reverence its pple hold its monarchy in part due to its aloofness in matters of politics and government.

And who are you to say he cannot hold that position.

Firstly if he has the right qualifications, then he should have the job. You know nothing of his CV so your assertion holds no water.
The British royal family members have different positions in government. Their role in society will even help promote that office and could attract foreign investments to the parastatal.
The Bini prince has been unjustifiable attacked by a hoodlum. The rascal should be picked up by the police and thrown in jail. The spirits of the ancestors would deal with him at their own time.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by snowdrops(m): 5:47pm On Mar 15, 2011
vanesa:

ova sabi dem ask usmiley
ogini?
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by foyeks2001(f): 5:48pm On Mar 15, 2011
this is just one of the numerous reasons why Benin kingdom still remains the same
wondered when they wld witnessed what they call development
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 15, 2011
proproman:

look, this is a traditional setting. if the cursing and everything is part of their tradition, then let them be. in our own traditional settings, our traditional leaders do certain things that we might not consider as modern but most of us respect them. maybe we should also learn to respect other people's traditional beliefs.
This guy is about to be banished and you are talking about saving grace for one useless traditional law.ok what now happens to the fundamental human right of this guy ?
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by vanesa(m): 5:52pm On Mar 15, 2011
snop so all you are saying iscast the first stone him that know no sin.in bini parable it say aisenwennomonamuniyeke what do you understand by that mr judge
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Pennywise(m): 5:53pm On Mar 15, 2011
snowdrops:

And who are you to say he cannot hold that position.

Firstly if he has the right qualifications, then he should have the job. You know nothing of his CV so your assertion holds no water.
The British royal family members have different positions in government. Their role in society will even help promote that office and could attract foreign investments to the parastatal.
The Bini prince has been unjustifiable attacked by a hoodlum. The rascal should be picked up by the police and thrown in jail. The spirits of the ancestors would deal with him at their own time.

If its all about academic qualification and experience then he will not near that position by a full mile.

You will see the answers to the issues you raised in the body of my post. No use repeating them here
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by DerMeister: 5:55pm On Mar 15, 2011
Nairaland moderators or owners or administrators, please take off this thread, this is a disgrace to our country. There should be a media blackout on this incident. This makes 9ja look bad, we are in the 21st century not 1432 AD, if any of the white guys working with me here see this, i'll be a laughing stock or at least the country would,
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 15, 2011
These NL ppl will abuse anything sha.

So because ppl still value their culture/custom. . . . it seem fit to call them backwards abi?

I'm sure there's still one ridiculous custom still being practice in your own father's land sha.

Abi which one of una does not curse again? Everybody now dey pretend holy-holy.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by bamosagie(m): 6:01pm On Mar 15, 2011
@Vanesa I doubt your claim of being from Benin.
the taskfore chairman have been relieved of both his posts, he have been declared enemy of the king, I dont think any true son or daughter of bini needs clarification on that status,  I would only advice those who criticize the traditional institution to read the bible properly so they can be cleared about the different between men and royals.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by vanesa(m): 6:02pm On Mar 15, 2011
when u see a group of passionate agberos crying over wetin no concern them then the thing don baje be that
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by texazzpete(m): 6:04pm On Mar 15, 2011
Why do you people show so much intolerance?
Basic JSS1 Social Studies tells us that there are three main religions in Nigeria

1. Christianity
2. Islam
3. African Traditional Religion

It is an act of extreme hypocrisy for Christians to verbally attack Nigerians practicing African Traditional religion and yet complain when they are targeted by the likes of Boko haram elsewhere. Every single one of those three religions has aspects that can be derided for being 'backward' by people inclined only towards science and modernism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP-USA Supports Lere Olayinka As National Publicity Secretary / Uguru Usani Was Indicted For Fraud In Cross River (Documents Attached) / Akwa Ibom Government Rejects Pastor Akan Weeks' Indictment In Church Collapse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.