Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,275 members, 7,839,372 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! (11563 Views)

Benin Monarch Refuses To Endorse Pdp Candidate / Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief (pics) / Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 16, 2011
Guyman02:

U dey yan Okpata, are u sure u wont die before Igbinedion.
The Obas son should shows us what he has achieved with the funds he has received as LG Chairman. Let him leave politics and stick to royalty.
You talk about England; is prince William a Local County Chairman? Rather he joined the Army to fight those who assault England, including being posted to the most dangerous part of battle in Afghanistan and Iraq.

For the Oba to be ranting in public shows frustration in the kingdom.
For the youths to go about during working hours in the name of protesting shows joblessness and hopelessness among the Benin youths.
For the elders to walk about displaying black magic charms around Benin shows backwardness.

They should thank comrade an Etsako man for lifting the Binis out of the doldrums by their own subjects including their son Lucky who looted the State dry.
You talk about banishing a subject in 2011 with which powers? Only the Governor can do that to a traditional ruler including an Oba. This is not Nollywood film

grin
You make sense die. . . .don't mind these subjects of oba of benin jare ! They leave leprosy dey cure eczema.yeye people
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by bamosagie(m): 12:24pm On Mar 16, 2011
Iselogbe, the more you guys post, the more you give amunition to some peolple to attack benin, lets ignore all remark from all benin haters. We know the truth, that is the most important thing.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by enomakos(m): 12:44pm On Mar 16, 2011
bamosagie:

Iselogbe, the more you guys post, the more you give amunition to some peolple to attack benin, lets ignore all remark from all benin haters. We know the truth, that is the most important thing.

thanks you ,i am just sick reading all these hate post
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by scopusng(m): 1:15pm On Mar 16, 2011
Will this Oba leave for 500 years? The answer is NO. So why placing course on this man? Abeg, dis Oba na daft. God is supreme. not-so-smart person oba
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by furacao(m): 3:24pm On Mar 16, 2011
Where were their mouths to curse when the British invaded and razed Benin?
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by snowdrops(m): 5:50pm On Mar 16, 2011
please all sane minded individuals, ignore the likes of[b] bluetooth and his ilk[/b]. those long enough on NL are well acquainted of his devices. i am no longer surprised.

he is known for attacking the Bini tradition and culture on every single thread. quite juvenile most times. perhaps its a way of coming to terms with the numerous Bini babes that turned down his sexual advances.

i wont be shocked if he is one of those frustrated JAMB applicants that spend their whole day in cyber cafe; after trying to chat up vulnerable oyinbos on dating forums use his remaining minutes to spew bile on NL.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 16, 2011
snowdrops:

please all sane minded individuals, ignore the likes of[b] bluetooth and his ilk[/b]. those long enough on NL are well acquainted of his devices. i am no longer surprised.

he is known for attacking the Bini tradition and culture on every single thread. quite juvenile most times. perhaps its a way of coming to terms with the numerous Bini babes that turned down his sexual advances.

i wont be shocked if he is one of those frustrated JAMB applicants that spend their whole day in cyber cafe; after trying to chat up vulnerable oyinbos on dating forums use his remaining minutes to spew bile on NL.
You tried.Anyways,I schoooled in your pathetic kingdom,studied about your culture and know how fraudulent your people can be.that explains my knowledge of benin tradition.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by edoboi: 7:10pm On Mar 16, 2011
I will not join issues with fake people like bluetooth and other haterz here . My last message to all that have hidden their names and assuming a fake name under NL to insult the bini tradition and culture, your end is near, may you never have fingers to type nonsense on computer ever again cuz you've beaten more than you can chew. by the authority bestowed on me, i hereby extend the curse on eriyo to all our haterz here cuz of jealousy about our kingdom. all of you strongly knows that there is no kingdom in Nigeria that is as organised and respected as the great Benin Kingdom, Oba Ovonramen is a hero who died for the people, and our Oba son can never join the corruption infested nigerian army, Now british don give una mouth to talk, i go see how far una go go with this una enslavement by white ppl, una kingdom don scatter cuz of corruption, and una want use mouth scatter our organised, incorruptible and highly revered kingdom. make una let NL'ers know when the curse don dey happen to una. and anytime una step una leg for benin, una must meet una waterloo. nuff said.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Arosa(m): 7:17pm On Mar 16, 2011
~Bluetooth:

You tried.Anyways,I schoooled in your pathetic kingdom,studied about your culture and know how fraudulent your people can be.that explains my knowledge of benin tradition.

This is the beauty of the internet; slaves can put nobles on blast and get away with it.
It's not your fault. angry
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 16, 2011
edoboi:

I will not join issues with fake people like bluetooth and other haterz here . My last message to all that have hidden their names and assuming a fake name under NL to insult the bini tradition and culture, your end is near, may you never have fingers to type nonsense on computer ever again cuz you've beaten more than you can chew.[b] by the authority bestowed on me, i hereby extend the curse on eriyo to all our haterz here cuz of jealousy about our kingdom. [/b]all of you strongly knows that there is no kingdom in Nigeria that is as organised and respected as the great Benin Kingdom, Oba Ovonramen is a hero who died for the people, and our Oba son can never join the corruption infested nigerian army, Now british don give una mouth to talk, i go see how far una go go with this una enslavement by white ppl, una kingdom don scatter cuz of corruption, and una want use mouth scatter our organised, incorruptible and highly revered kingdom. make una let NL'ers know when the curse don dey happen to una. and anytime una step una leg for benin, una must meet una waterloo. nuff said.

I think you should check in to uselu psychiatric hospital,you seriously need medical attention.power ko,phcn ni.ode
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by scopusng(m): 7:36pm On Mar 16, 2011
edoboi:

I will not join issues with fake people like bluetooth and other haterz here . My last message to all that have hidden their names and assuming a fake name under NL to insult the bini tradition and culture, your end is near, may you never have fingers to type nonsense on computer ever again cuz you've beaten more than you can chew. by the authority bestowed on me, i hereby extend the curse on eriyo to all our haterz here cuz of jealousy about our kingdom. all of you strongly knows that there is no kingdom in Nigeria that is as organised and respected as the great Benin Kingdom, Oba Ovonramen is a hero who died for the people, and our Oba son can never join the corruption infested nigerian army, Now british don give una mouth to talk, i go see how far una go go with this una enslavement by white ppl, una kingdom don scatter cuz of corruption, and una want use mouth scatter our organised, incorruptible and highly revered kingdom. make una let NL'ers know when the curse don dey happen to una. and anytime una step una leg for benin, una must meet una waterloo. nuff said.

Edoboi

You are a big daft. You must be a traditional man still under the influence of useless tradition. It shows how backward you are at this age. So, the daft Oba is now your God? I pity your life. You and the so call Oba should repent now and ask the almighty God for forgiveness. Mumu
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by eyesofgold(m): 8:00pm On Mar 16, 2011
Oba Gha Tokpere ISE
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Angelaoke: 10:34pm On Mar 16, 2011
an very sure bluetooth is 4rm bini that is why he his so concern abt this edo thing,well everybody is entitle to there opions,4 afanna u are saying bini people are cursed afanna u are also sharing 4rm it Amen in jesus AMAN if not u should't have use such word
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by emmabowin(m): 10:40pm On Mar 16, 2011
hey guys,lets even ignore britian and come back to nigeria. will the sultan of sokoto remain sitting in his palace when his son is been assaulted or will the ooni of ife remain sleeping in his palace when his own son,(a prince) is been humiliated.
na wa ooo. some people get brain,dem nor fit take am reason
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 16, 2011
Angela oke:

an very sure bluetooth is 4rm bini that is why he his so concern abt this edo thing,well everybody is entitle to there opions,4 afanna u are saying bini people are cursed afanna u are also sharing 4rm it Amen in jesus AMAN if not u should't have use such word

God forbid. . .I'm a confirmed yoruba.I just dislike the lifestyle of the binis.Most of them can be very terrible !
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by jude33084(m): 11:17pm On Mar 16, 2011
~Bluetooth:

God forbid. . .I'm a confirmed yoruba.I just dislike the lifestyle of the binis.Most of them can be very terrible !

I now see why u hate the Edos,, u r one of those frustrated out of the city cheesy

Frust Bluetooth I hail o! grin
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 16, 2011
I've never lived in in your wretched city except for when I schooled there !
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 16, 2011
~Bluetooth:

angry angry
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by jude33084(m): 11:49pm On Mar 16, 2011
Pls on a more serious note,, this guy that did this act is a killer, he has done this before and he got away with it. angry

He's Oshomoile's rite hand man but Adam is preaching justice and equity while his man is going arround killing people.  lipsrsealed

I wonder what the PDP in the state will have to say about this one undecided

Police PRO said they are still investigating the matter, but if na poor man his whole family for don dey area command at once cool
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by jude33084(m): 11:52pm On Mar 16, 2011
~Bluetooth:

where are you from?,, pls dont tell me that you from Lagos state o cheesy

, because all yorubas now come from Lagos grin
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by snowdrops(m): 8:33am On Mar 17, 2011
jude33084:

Pls on a more serious note,, 
Thanks for that bro. Some "i miss road for anoda man land" were about derailing this thread.

jude33084:

this guy that did this act is a killer, he has done this before and he got away with it. angry

He's Oshomoile's rite hand man but Adam is preaching justice and equity while his man is going arround killing people.  lipsrsealed

I wonder what the PDP in the state will have to say about this one undecided

Police PRO said they are still investigating the matter, but if na poor man his whole family for don dey area command at once cool

I concur with what you said. The sad part is that he has only been suspended from the AC and not kicked out. That means someone some where might be thinking of sneaking him back in when the smoke settles.

Remember election is around the corner and murderers like him are needed by the politicians to frighten the opposition if not kill them.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Arosa(m): 10:22am On Mar 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Contradiction!  embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by MaiSuya(m): 11:50am On Mar 17, 2011
The very high regard I used to hold the kingdom waned considerably when the notorious thief, celebrated murderer cum extortioner was rewarded, no not with a curse as I would have expected, but with--can you believe it--a [i]chieftancy [/i]title by the palace!

Benin City is still a nice place. . .  tongue
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by dremoney(m): 12:03pm On Mar 17, 2011
Misplaced priority, If only they can divert the curse to rogue politicians and criminal minded militants,

whoever said Nigeria's gone be better with this bunch of hypocrites?

Rubbish
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by edoboi: 2:39pm On Mar 17, 2011
Although he was the nation’s number two citizen at the time, the United States did not consider Goodluck Jonathan worthy of inclusion in a list of our country’s most influential personalities of the period. On October 24, 2008, former US ambassador Robin Sanders sent a cable to her principals in Washington detailing “a list of Nigerian leaders who would play a major role in keeping Nigeria either on track, off track, or trying to put it back on track”.

Justifying the rationale for drawing up the list, Ms. Sanders said, “Understanding who matters, not what matters, is often half the battle in Nigeria.”

Arguing that Nigeria lost its way as soon as Umaru Yar’Adua, now deceased, took over as president, Ms. Sanders said her list contained administration officials, businesspersons and other individuals “who wield tremendous influence and can shape the outcome of whatever current crisis is threatening to unsettle the country”.

But conspicuously missing on the list — which had Turai, the late president’s wife, members of Mr. Yar’Adua inner circle, some governors, legislators, businesspersons, regional leaders and traditional rulers — was our country’s vice president at the time. It is curious that he was omitted from the list despite being a person of tremendous influence in the Niger Delta region and presiding over the amnesty programme (which tried to get the Niger Delta insurgency to abandon militancy). He also performed his very important constitutional role of overseeing the National Economic Council at the time.

The exclusive list

In seven categories, the Americans named their top five most influential people constituting of governors, businessmen, military, traditional leaders, and politicians who would determine Nigeria’s future. Number one on the list was Turai Yar‘Adua, the president‘s wife, who was described as “having a vicious personality; causes great fear among ministers”. It was revealed that ‘Mrs. President’, as she was known, begged her husband “to stay the course as president” when two weeks earlier he had wanted to step aside.”

US officials had contempt for Michael Aondoakaa, Nigeria‘s attorney general at the time, who was tagged “not to be trusted” despite being in Mr. Yar’Adua’s inner circle. The minister was compared to Darth Vader, a character synonymous with evil in the Star Wars movies. He was condemned for his interference in the prosecution of disgraced ex-Delta State governor, James Ibori, and his cronies; and his role in the removal of Nuhu Ribadu as chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission. Also mentioned as part of President Yar’Adua’s inner circle were wealthy businessman, Dahiru Mangal, said to have close links to fundamentalists in the north; Taminu Yakubu, the president‘s chief economic advisor, believed to be involved in unlawful enrichment schemes; and Yayale Ahmed, present secretary to the government of the federation (SGF) and a former classmate of President Yar’Adua’s. The only time the US ambassador mentioned Mr. Jonathan was while making reference to Edwin Clark, a former commissioner of information with seeming influence over Niger Delta militants, and access to the former VP. While Mr. Jonathan was ignored, House of Representatives’ member, Farouk Lawan, was recognised for “spearheading the removal of corrupt Speaker of the House Patricia Etteh”; while Ledum Mittee, leader of the Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People (MOSOP) was also acknowledged for his efforts in the Niger Delta, ironically the region Mr. Jonathan comes from, and where he had served as deputy and later governor of Bayelsa State.

A cocky senate president

Under a special category, the Senate President, David Mark, holder of the nation’s number three position, was portrayed as “cocky and brash”. A former military general described as a “Babangida boy”, Mr. Mark was regarded as an opportunist who would capitalise on a Supreme Court annulment of President Yar’Adua’s 2007 election to head the country. According to the US cable, Mr. Mark, a supporter of President Obasanjo’s third term bid, had reportedly spent millions of dollars to keep his Senate seat. There were reports, the cable said, that Chief Justice Kutigi was looking into allegations that Mr. Mark bribed judges in order to ensure that he won his appeal against an Electoral Tribunal ruling (the Tribunal largely ruled against Mark).

The governors’ caucus

Five northern governors were singled out for wielding “tremendous influence”. The Kano State Governor, Ibrahim Shekerau, under the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) was described as a “disappointment as he has done little for his state”. It was however remarked that he “helped stop PDP from stealing state elections in 2003 and 2007”.

American concerns also dwelt on a key advisor to Mr. Yar’Adua, the Kwara State governor, Bukola Saraki, and his family, who the US say was “involved in some questionably illicit deals”. The Saraki family was also accused of choosing current EFCC chairperson, Farida Waziri, in order to avoid prosecution. Five southern governors also made the list. The US official noted that Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State under the Action Congress party (AC) “leads the most populous state in the country (despite what the 2006 census claimed)”. In the Niger-Delta, Timipre Sylva of Bayelsa State was quoted as telling the American ambassador he received $700 million in oil revenue yearly, while his Rivers State counterpart, Rotimi Amaechi, received $1 billion yearly in oil receipts. Both governors were said to be supporters of the military’s Joint Task Force against militants in the Niger Delta.

[b]Godfathers, traditional leaders and elders

Past heads of state and presidents were listed as political godfathers. Ibrahim Babangida was defined as “always a factor in Nigeria‘s politics”; Yakubu Gowon and Shehu Shagari were said to “both command respect from the street and elite”; while Muhammadu Buhari was described as having “showed principled positions on anti-corruption and electoral issues” in the 2007 elections. It was different for former military ruler and president, Olusegun Obasanjo, whose political influence was described as waning while being termed as “exceptionally wealthy”. Also in the exclusive list were traditional rulers, notably the Ooni of Ife, the Obi of Onitsha, the Emir of Kano, the Lamido of Adamawa, the Emir of Zazzau, and the Emir of Katsina, who the cable said helped in the past to broker elite compromises.

Business friends
[/b]

US diplomats constantly looked for who had the ears of the “elite” in government. They, in turn, wormed their way up to those personalities. In the cable, Ms. Sanders said she knew well and had access to Aliko Dangote, “a major PDP financier”; and Jim Ovia of Zenith Bank, “with whom the Mission enjoyed a favourable relationship on a number of public diplomacy and AID projects.”

Also on the US list were Femi Otedola of Zenon Oil and Ndi-Okereke Onyiuke, then director-general of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), both close associates to former president Olusegun Obasanjo. Ms. Onyiuke’s relationship with stockbrokers was termed “questionable” for reportedly manipulating shares in favour of her friends. The Ibru family, running strings of companies, including Oceanic Bank and the Guardian Newspaper, were also identified as personalities the US government should watch. Peter Esele, the Trade Union Congress leader, and Olisa Agbakoba, the former Nigeria Bar Association (NBA) president, were mentioned along with Dimeji Bankole, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, and Nigeria’s number four man, as being part of the younger generation of influential Nigerians.

Also of concern to Ms. Sanders was President Yar’Adua’s aide de camp (ADC), Mustapha Onoyiveta, whom she concluded, “we believe he is not to be trusted”. The American ambassador said Mr. Onoyiveta, an army colonel, and primarily responsible for Mr. Yar’Adua’s personal security, was to be watched “closely”.

“We also have heard (including from Governor Saraki) that he is not loyal to Yar’Adua,” the ambassador said. “We believe he is a wild card, being the man standing behind Yar’Adua, primarily responsible for his personal security
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 17, 2011
edoboi:

Although he was the nation’s number two citizen at the time, the United States did not consider Goodluck Jonathan worthy of inclusion in a list of our country’s most influential personalities of the period. On October 24, 2008, former US ambassador Robin Sanders sent a cable to her principals in Washington detailing “a list of Nigerian leaders who would play a major role in keeping Nigeria either on track, off track, or trying to put it back on track”.

Justifying the rationale for drawing up the list, Ms. Sanders said, “Understanding who matters, not what matters, is often half the battle in Nigeria.”

Arguing that Nigeria lost its way as soon as Umaru Yar’Adua, now deceased, took over as president, Ms. Sanders said her list contained administration officials, businesspersons and other individuals “who wield tremendous influence and can shape the outcome of whatever current crisis is threatening to unsettle the country”.

But conspicuously missing on the list — which had Turai, the late president’s wife, members of Mr. Yar’Adua inner circle, some governors, legislators, businesspersons, regional leaders and traditional rulers — was our country’s vice president at the time. It is curious that he was omitted from the list despite being a person of tremendous influence in the Niger Delta region and presiding over the amnesty programme (which tried to get the Niger Delta insurgency to abandon militancy). He also performed his very important constitutional role of overseeing the National Economic Council at the time.

The exclusive list

In seven categories, the Americans named their top five most influential people constituting of governors, businessmen, military, traditional leaders, and politicians who would determine Nigeria’s future. Number one on the list was Turai Yar‘Adua, the president‘s wife, who was described as “having a vicious personality; causes great fear among ministers”. It was revealed that ‘Mrs. President’, as she was known, begged her husband “to stay the course as president” when two weeks earlier he had wanted to step aside.”

US officials had contempt for Michael Aondoakaa, Nigeria‘s attorney general at the time, who was tagged “not to be trusted” despite being in Mr. Yar’Adua’s inner circle. The minister was compared to Darth Vader, a character synonymous with evil in the Star Wars movies. He was condemned for his interference in the prosecution of disgraced ex-Delta State governor, James Ibori, and his cronies; and his role in the removal of Nuhu Ribadu as chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission. Also mentioned as part of President Yar’Adua’s inner circle were wealthy businessman, Dahiru Mangal, said to have close links to fundamentalists in the north; Taminu Yakubu, the president‘s chief economic advisor, believed to be involved in unlawful enrichment schemes; and Yayale Ahmed, present secretary to the government of the federation (SGF) and a former classmate of President Yar’Adua’s. The only time the US ambassador mentioned Mr. Jonathan was while making reference to Edwin Clark, a former commissioner of information with seeming influence over Niger Delta militants, and access to the former VP. While Mr. Jonathan was ignored, House of Representatives’ member, Farouk Lawan, was recognised for “spearheading the removal of corrupt Speaker of the House Patricia Etteh”; while Ledum Mittee, leader of the Movement for the Survival of the Ogoni People (MOSOP) was also acknowledged for his efforts in the Niger Delta, ironically the region Mr. Jonathan comes from, and where he had served as deputy and later governor of Bayelsa State.

A cocky senate president

Under a special category, the Senate President, David Mark, holder of the nation’s number three position, was portrayed as “cocky and brash”. A former military general described as a “Babangida boy”, Mr. Mark was regarded as an opportunist who would capitalise on a Supreme Court annulment of President Yar’Adua’s 2007 election to head the country. According to the US cable, Mr. Mark, a supporter of President Obasanjo’s third term bid, had reportedly spent millions of dollars to keep his Senate seat. There were reports, the cable said, that Chief Justice Kutigi was looking into allegations that Mr. Mark bribed judges in order to ensure that he won his appeal against an Electoral Tribunal ruling (the Tribunal largely ruled against Mark).

The governors’ caucus

Five northern governors were singled out for wielding “tremendous influence”. The Kano State Governor, Ibrahim Shekerau, under the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) was described as a “disappointment as he has done little for his state”. It was however remarked that he “helped stop PDP from stealing state elections in 2003 and 2007”.

American concerns also dwelt on a key advisor to Mr. Yar’Adua, the Kwara State governor, Bukola Saraki, and his family, who the US say was “involved in some questionably illicit deals”. The Saraki family was also accused of choosing current EFCC chairperson, Farida Waziri, in order to avoid prosecution. Five southern governors also made the list. The US official noted that Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State under the Action Congress party (AC) “leads the most populous state in the country (despite what the 2006 census claimed)”. In the Niger-Delta, Timipre Sylva of Bayelsa State was quoted as telling the American ambassador he received $700 million in oil revenue yearly, while his Rivers State counterpart, Rotimi Amaechi, received $1 billion yearly in oil receipts. Both governors were said to be supporters of the military’s Joint Task Force against militants in the Niger Delta.

Godfathers, traditional leaders and elders

Past heads of state and presidents were listed as political godfathers. Ibrahim Babangida was defined as “always a factor in Nigeria‘s politics”; Yakubu Gowon and Shehu Shagari were said to “both command respect from the street and elite”; while Muhammadu Buhari was described as having “showed principled positions on anti-corruption and electoral issues” in the 2007 elections. It was different for former military ruler and president, Olusegun Obasanjo, whose political influence was described as waning while being termed as “exceptionally wealthy”. Also in the exclusive list were traditional rulers, notably the Ooni of Ife, the Obi of Onitsha, the Emir of Kano, the Lamido of Adamawa, the Emir of Zazzau, and the Emir of Katsina, who the cable said helped in the past to broker elite compromises.
Business friends

US diplomats constantly looked for who had the ears of the “elite” in government. They, in turn, wormed their way up to those personalities. In the cable, Ms. Sanders said she knew well and had access to Aliko Dangote, “a major PDP financier”; and Jim Ovia of Zenith Bank, “with whom the Mission enjoyed a favourable relationship on a number of public diplomacy and AID projects.”

Also on the US list were Femi Otedola of Zenon Oil and Ndi-Okereke Onyiuke, then director-general of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), both close associates to former president Olusegun Obasanjo. Ms. Onyiuke’s relationship with stockbrokers was termed “questionable” for reportedly manipulating shares in favour of her friends. The Ibru family, running strings of companies, including Oceanic Bank and the Guardian Newspaper, were also identified as personalities the US government should watch. Peter Esele, the Trade Union Congress leader, and Olisa Agbakoba, the former Nigeria Bar Association (NBA) president, were mentioned along with Dimeji Bankole, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, and Nigeria’s number four man, as being part of the younger generation of influential Nigerians.

Also of concern to Ms. Sanders was President Yar’Adua’s aide de camp (ADC), Mustapha Onoyiveta, whom she concluded, “we believe he is not to be trusted”. The American ambassador said M

Why is oba of benin's name missing from the list of influential traditional ruler ? The guy no just get level at all despite all the bootlicking by edoboi,Arosa and snowdrops that this guy is GOd-representative on earth ! shocked grin see names of better kings on that list not some medieval era period local chief claiming to be God.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by charsoso: 3:19pm On Mar 17, 2011
Ask the former military administrator of Edo state,and he would tell why you should not disrespect what other people revere
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 17, 2011
Reverred an oba that is cursing his own subjects ? Guy use your brain !
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Arosa(m): 4:00pm On Mar 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Bluetooth, you do know that this "cursed guy" is a monster right?
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by bamosagie(m): 4:19pm On Mar 17, 2011
Please stop dignifying bluetooth's post withany response, its not worth it.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by snowdrops(m): 4:55pm On Mar 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

abeg go siddon

some update on topic

police in Benin have apprehended ten persons in connection with the bloody clash

police have taken their search for osakpamwan to his private residence and office in Benin as they (police) eventually dropped an invitation for him.

more at http://nigerianobservernews.com/17032011/news/news%203.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The 2018 Budget Proposal Is Worse Than Nonsense- Jide Akintunde / INEC Job: Despite Criticisms, Senate Set To Recommend Onochie’s Confirmation / 2023: I'm Not Aligning With Anybody - Amosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.