Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,185 members, 7,839,035 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! (11561 Views)

Benin Monarch Refuses To Endorse Pdp Candidate / Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief (pics) / Benin Monarch, Traditionalists To Curse Criminals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 15, 2011
Yet is its the state that pay his salary,

why dnt he pay the state instead with all his supremacy?

And is it the tradition that makes every daughter of benin in Italy prostitute?

Strong tradition my foot.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by naijasing(f): 8:48pm On Mar 15, 2011
leave them alone let them talk i pity ERIYO. in benin kingdom dnt pray 4 oba to place a curse on u too bad 4 him
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 15, 2011
uplawal:

Yet is its the state that pay his salary,

why dnt he pay the state instead with all his supremacy?

And is it the tradition that makes every daughter of benin in Italy love-peddler?

Strong tradition my foot.
if you know about the binis well,you should know an average bini girl is a potential prostitute while a boy is likely to become

q yahooboy or armed robber. trust me but these people dont see nothing wrong going to queue up on banks waiting for their

prostitutes children to bring money from spain and italy for them,yet they are here worrying about a guy that assaulted an oba son.
what a shame !
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Baro(m): 9:17pm On Mar 15, 2011
BENIN CITY – TENSION heightened in Benin City, Tuesday, after four persons including a Benin Prince, were shot along Lagos Street, when armed men stormed the residence of the Arala of Benin Kingdom, Chief SD Omalayan Osula.

Two of the victims, Rapheal Oke and Osamuyi Obaze, died on the spot while Prince Ebo Eweka, grandson of Princess Eweka of Benin Kingdom and one other yet to be identified person, are in critical conditions at the hospital.

Chief Arala Osula, alleged that the incident occurred when the suspended Chairman of the Task Force Committee on the Protection of Pipeline Vandalization, Mr Osakpanwan Eriyo stormed his residence with armed men, asking him to urge his children to stay away from the problem he had with the palace.

But another account of the incident stated that the shooting occurred when Eriyo allegedly defied the government’s suspension order on revenue collection and asked his boys to go and collect levy from the market in Lagos Street. But it was said that the attempt by his boys to collect levies from the traders was resisted by Ogbe boys who were in solidarity with the palace over the assault on the Prince.

It was learnt that the two groups engaged in a gun battle which eventually led to the loss of lives.

The Oba of Benin had Monday, placed a curse on Eriyo, after the latter allegedly assaulted the Oba’s son and Caretaker Committee Chairman of Oredo Local Government Council, Prince Ekpen Erediauwa.

Youths protesting the alleged assault on the Oba of Benin's son, Monday in Benin City.

Following the incident, the Edo state government also suspended Mr Eriyo as chairman of the committee and barred him from collection of levies in the council.

Meanwhile, the Benin Political Coalition, led by the former Chief Whip of the Senate, Senator Rowland Owie, the Edo State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the Nigeria Union of Local Government Employees (NULGE), led by its chairman, Comrade Agbons Uyigue, condemned the alleged assault on Prince Erediauwa and urged the police to investigate the matter and ensure that the perpetrators are brought to book.

However, Chief Osula who narrated the incident that led to the killing, said that “the terrorist group decided to carry the fight to my house; Osakpanwa came this morning. He said he came to me to protest that my children went to join Prince Ekpen to fight him. But before we knew what was happening, his boys started shooting and two people were killed on the spot.

“This is terrorism in practice in Edo. We are waiting for the Governor to come and talk to us before we know what to do. I have just called my sister who is in the Action Congress to tell her what their youth leader is doing. As I am talking to you, another Prince was shot and is in the hospital now. This is unacceptable to us he must pay for his sins” he declared.

The Police Public Relations Officer in Edo state, ASP Peter Ogboi, confirmed the incident, asserting that ” some persons have been identified as the people who shot the victims. He also said that the CID had been directed to apprehend any person involved in the shooting.

As at press time, unconfirmed reports indicated that Osakpanwa has been whisked to the Police headquarters Abuja.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Baro(m): 9:18pm On Mar 15, 2011
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 15, 2011
See what unnecessary sentiments can cause.they've started killing themselves just because a prince was assaulted.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by vincent10(m): 9:58pm On Mar 15, 2011
Who say the curse no de pursue igbinedion. EFCC is pursuing every time. He has lost most of his assest and more to come. Fear oba of Benin ooo. The guy strong.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by TewMuch: 10:00pm On Mar 15, 2011
seems like this hoodlum has shown he is a true bastard and does not care about curse. He has assaulted another prince, sending him to hospital. Where are all those agbero's now? Are we going to have another cursing session?
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 15, 2011
TewMuch:

seems like this hoodlum has shown he is a true naughty person and does not care about curse. He has assaulted another prince, sending him to hospital. Where are all those agbero's now? Are we going to have another cursing session?
The guy just want to de-mystify the oba himself.if craze worry am now,he go just descend on the palace !
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Kenyy: 10:49pm On Mar 15, 2011
Prince Ekpen Erediuwa(aka, I and MY ROYAL FAMILY MUST CHOP ALONE), Osakpanmwen Eriyo(aka NOMOLESS), Tony Kabaka(the leader of the RENTED TOUTS-licensed by COMRADE DECEIVER- Oshiomhole and Bob Izua's junior brother), Osamede Adun(aka Bob Izua), Benin Traditional Council(aka, Share the Oredo Local Goverment's Allocation) are all RESPONSIBLE for the UNDERDEVELOPMENT of Oredo Local Goverment Area. The more the fightings continue the better for the good people of Oredo Local Goverment Area.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by snowdrops(m): 11:59pm On Mar 15, 2011
TewMuch:

seems like this hoodlum has shown he is a true naughty person and does not care about curse. He has assaulted another prince, sending him to hospital. Where are all those agbero's now? Are we going to have another cursing session?

Those who the gods want to destroy are first of all made mad. . . .i think that was ola rotimi.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by snowdrops(m): 12:01am On Mar 16, 2011
@ kenyy

now that was some funny S**£$+&. . . t
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by snowdrops(m): 12:16am On Mar 16, 2011
@ Redman44

the problem is not the royal family. they have been in existence even before Nigeria came to be.

the problem is the current specie of politicians we have in Nigeria. in order to intimidate their opponents and hijack true democracy, they surround themselves with thugs like osakpamwan. they reward these bastards by placing them in various positions of responsibilities hence join them in looting the treasury,

The blame for this sorry series of incident lies squarely on the feet of Oshiomole. Osakpamwan is his aide; his thug. He placed him as head of a revenue collection committee. He turned a blind eye over the years as this rat and his like terrorized the city.

Had it not been a royal that was the victim this time around no one would have heard of it.

I hope the curse consumes all of them, AC, PDP, etc etc.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Afanna1: 12:18am On Mar 16, 2011
Bini people are cursed!
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Beaf: 12:23am On Mar 16, 2011
Poor thing. He holds the keys to Oshiomole's rigging "technology," now he's been cursed. I see all Oshiomole's thugs being rounded up and 2011 suddenly looking tough.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by snowdrops(m): 12:23am On Mar 16, 2011
#Afanna:

Bini people are cursed!

erase that and replace it with your tribe. donkey.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by snowdrops(m): 12:24am On Mar 16, 2011
Beaf:

Poor thing. He holds the keys to Oshiomole's rigging "technology," now he's been cursed. I see all Oshiomole's thugs being rounded up and 2011 suddenly looking tough.
congratulations. you are back then [as beaf] i suppose.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Nobody: 12:32am On Mar 16, 2011
#Afanna:

Bini people are cursed!

grin grin grin
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by snowdrops(m): 12:34am On Mar 16, 2011
~Bluetooth:

grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin
why am i not surprised
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Nobody: 12:51am On Mar 16, 2011
i know you won't be surprised cuz this is not the first time your oba will be holding his cursing session .I can remember one of you guys telling me there won't be any armed robbery or kidnapping incident again in benin since the last one took place sometimes last year.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by PhysicsMHD(m): 1:58am On Mar 16, 2011
TewMuch: That is the culture everywhere, Oba's are deposed by their people. If the benin people say they dont want a particular oba anymore the Oba has to vacate the throne. That is why an Oba and his family should act like Royalty. The land is for the people, and not the Oba. He is a leader and his station should represent that. The fact that his son is a prince does not give him the privilege to misbehave, and if he does the Oba should set an example by handling it in a royal manner. All this mass cursing means nothing. Why didnt Benin people curse white people that have been sending their Oba's on exile? Abegi, make we hear word.

More bullshit. This is the second time you've just concocted stories about something without bothering to find out whether your guesses were true.

Why don't you read up on Benin or on Edo state, before continuously displaying your ignorance? If reading is too difficult for you, just be quiet.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by HighChief4(m): 2:06am On Mar 16, 2011
Like someone earlier said, I really blame Oshiomole for all these. He empowered so many thugs so thats what you get when you give people that are supposed to be in jail power. Osakpanwan has no good record, he can kill anybody or anything, dude is deadly
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by edoboi: 2:10am On Mar 16, 2011
To those brainwashed and enslaved by the white man religion, you have to know that the great OBA OF BENIN is GOD representative on earth for the Great BENIN KINGDOM and all BENDELITES. forget the splitting of Bendel or Midwest into states by selfish element who are out to embezzle oil money.   The great Benin Kingdom spread across modern day benin republic, onitsha, lagos, delta state, parts of bayelsa, parts of kogi, parts of ekiti, ondo etc, Many Nigerians choose to hide this truth cuz they are afraid of benin domination but we are not out to dominate anyone cuz our tradition and culture is sacred for the benin people only. have u forgotten that a Bini man always breaks the kola in a traditional gathering of all ethnic groups in Nigeria? ask your father some questions ma ppl.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by tonnero31: 2:11am On Mar 16, 2011
Eriyo is a well known thug in Benin City. what do you expect from a thug?Politicians should these thugs to achieve their political ambition  and then reward them with lucrative contracts beyond any intellectual reasonings.With govt backings, these thugs become menace in the society.  This is what is happening in Nigeria in general. I'm not surprised. What a pity!
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by edoboi: 2:25am On Mar 16, 2011
@physicsMHD, you better apologise to the whole Benin Kingdom and withdraw that statement of yours if you do not want this curse on eriyo to get to you and your household, instead of you to lambast eriyo for taking the laws into his hands. are there no legal authority in Benin where eriyo can report any matter between him and the prince to? ppl like yourself are those used by the british to betray our great kingdom. but do not worry as we know all of you now and you will be number 1 target of this curse,
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by edoboi: 2:34am On Mar 16, 2011
@bluetooth, is kidnappings and armed robbery rampant in Benin the way its happens frequently in the East? even with white man cameria (cctv) and computer monitoring, people still break the law, but it reduces the menace in the society, same with the Oba's curse. if you think its not working, then just try yourself and go and kidnap or rob somebody in benin and you will see the repercussion, enslaved minded men
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by PhysicsMHD(m): 2:44am On Mar 16, 2011
If I were to go through and systematically degrade the legion of useless Obas or other touts calling themselves royals in other parts  of Nigeria, or enumerate the legion of despicable crimes from people from other parts of the country, all these baboons in here mouthing off will start crying tribalism.

Why are you baboons here insulting people when you have no idea what happened at the incident? Why are baboons concerned with who's raining curses on worthless ACN thugs? Shouldn't you be more worried about the sh1t your baboon political leaders are flinging at each other in your various states? They wear Western clothes, don't curse people, and use Western political titles, yet they are still sh1t flinging baboons compared to the lowest chief in Benin. As election approaches, we'll see the madness that emerges from all the Nigerian states, and we'll see whether it's due to the backwardness of traditional institutions and their princes and chiefs or due to the political thugs, political godfathers, and elected public officials, and their die hard baboon supporters.

I'd rather have a stable and strict monarchy any day than all this agbero do-or-die "democratic" politics that lets an ordinary task force chairman start terrorizing parts of a city with impunity.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by PhysicsMHD(m): 2:46am On Mar 16, 2011
edoboi:

@physicsMHD, you better apologise to the whole Benin Kingdom and withdraw that statement of yours if you do not want this curse on eriyo to get to you and your household, instead of you to lambast eriyo for taking the laws into his hands. are there no legal authority in Benin where eriyo can report any matter between him and the prince to? ppl like yourself are those used by the british to betray our great kingdom. but do not worry as we know all of you now and you will be number 1 target of this curse,

Reread my post. I was objecting to TewMuch's claim that Benin people just depose Obas anyhow and that the prince "misbehaved" and was attacked because of that.
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by Nadia71: 4:03am On Mar 16, 2011
Even heard that the same Prince that was beaten smokes 'igbo', na wa!
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by PhysicsMHD(m): 4:24am On Mar 16, 2011
Nadia71:

Even heard that the same Prince that was beaten smokes 'igbo', na wa!

I heard you look like a dumb goat.

Na wa o.

smiley
Re: Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! by blackgucci(m): 4:44am On Mar 16, 2011
edoboi:

To those brainwashed and enslaved by the white man religion, you have to know that the great OBA OF BENIN is GOD representative on earth for the Great BENIN KINGDOM and all BENDELITES. forget the splitting of Bendel or Midwest into states by selfish element who are out to embezzle oil money.   The great Benin Kingdom spread across modern day benin republic, onitsha, lagos, delta state, parts of bayelsa, parts of kogi, parts of ekiti, ondo etc, Many Nigerians choose to hide this truth cuz they are afraid of benin domination but we are not out to dominate anyone cuz our tradition and culture is sacred for the benin people only. have u forgotten that a Bini man always breaks the kola in a traditional gathering of all ethnic groups in Nigeria? ask your father some questions ma ppl.

the old roman empire did spread across Europe, north Africa and most parts of Asia. this does not mean that Caesar still rules the world. what time machine brought you back from the past?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ninth Assembly: APC Moves To Check Saraki, Dogara’s Influence / Speakership: I’ll Never Step Down For Gbajabiamila, Says House Member / FG, S’East Governors, Others Commend Ugwuanyi’s Support For FRSC Academy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.