Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To (7223 Views)

Sex Starved Wife / Dr Joe Abah Celebrates 30 Years Marriage. Share Tips For Young Men / I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 5:17pm On Nov 08, 2020
Be careful to not generalise. I know what you're talking about though.

Some women play dominance by depriving their husbands of sex. I don't know how popular family therapy is in Nigeria, but such families can benefit from it.

Sex should be for mutual enjoyment not some tool to play boss!

Psych412:
most everything be related with "house chores"

there are women who enjoy starving/punishing there husband with sex.

I have an aunt who gist my mother how she deprives her husband sex anytime she gets angry (either with her husband or any other person).

sometimes, she always love how her husband begs for sex(it makes her feel on top).

most women in Nigeria destroyed thier marriage with thier hands.

soon they will be claiming victim on social media

2 Likes

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by Sawzer(m): 5:20pm On Nov 08, 2020
Psych412:

I have an aunt who gist my mother how she deprives her husband sex anytime she gets angry (either with her husband or any other person).

sometimes, she always love how her husband begs for sex(it makes her feel on top).

Coming from a female shocked

2 Likes

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by Psych412(f): 5:24pm On Nov 08, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
Be careful to not generalise. I know what you're talking about though.

Some women play dominance by depriving their husbands of sex. I don't know how popular family therapy is in Nigeria, but such families can benefit from it.

Sex should be for mutual enjoyment not some tool to play boss!

I'm a lady too

I won't lie, my mom do that sometimes

when I was a kid, I have seen and heard were my dad complains alot about my mom punishing/starving him sex.

some women find joy in doing that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 5:25pm On Nov 08, 2020
I know you're being truthful.

Psych412:
I'm a lady too

when I was a kid, I have seen and heard were my dad complains alot about my mom punishing/starving him sex.

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by Sawzer(m): 5:27pm On Nov 08, 2020
Psych412:
I'm a lady too

We need more unbiased females on Nairaland. Way to go!

3 Likes

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by Sawzer(m): 5:27pm On Nov 08, 2020
Sawzer:

We need more unbiased females on Nairaland. Way to go!
And males too lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by Petyprincess(f): 5:42pm On Nov 08, 2020
Psych412:

Lol that one is end time wife grin

I believe it's uncommon though.

2 Likes

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 5:50pm On Nov 08, 2020
With what I've seen and have been exposed to, i think more women deprive their husbands of sex than the reverse.

Petyprincess:

Lol that one is end time wife grin

I believe it's uncommon though.
Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by Petyprincess(f): 5:59pm On Nov 08, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
With what I've seen and have been exposed to, i think more women deprive their husbands of sex than the reverse.

Wow!!!! But it is rare for a woman to intentionally deny her husband sex because she's angry.

2 Likes

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 6:02pm On Nov 08, 2020
You will be shocked by how common it is. Usually happens if there is misunderstanding between both partners.

Some men do it as well. They feel sex deprivation is a way of getting back at their partner

Petyprincess:

Wow!!!! But it is rare for a woman to intentionally deny her husband sex because she's angry.
Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by Petyprincess(f): 6:06pm On Nov 08, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
You will be shocked by how common it is. Usually happens if there is misunderstanding between both partners.

Some men do it as well. They feel sex deprivation is a way of getting back at their partner

Wow!! Marriages like that usually end in divorce.
When sex in marriage is used to manipulative tool it doesn't end well.

3 Likes

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 6:07pm On Nov 08, 2020
Yeah, it's dangerous and in my opinion too childish for grown adults

Petyprincess:

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by Sawzer(m): 6:13pm On Nov 08, 2020
Petyprincess:

Mostly Adultery cry
Then, the lady will see the man as a villain.
Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by bukatyne(f): 7:37pm On Nov 08, 2020
Zzor:
no man is truly sex starved,they are all out there philandering

Hahahaha!

I laugh in Japanese.

1 Like

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by bukatyne(f): 7:39pm On Nov 08, 2020
MrTAnonymous:

This is why you need to check your sexual compatibility with your partner during courtship right before marriage so that you won't have to complain about you having a high libido while your partner has a low libido or about your partner depriving you of sex.

Incase you don't know na me talk

Bros, forget sexual compatibility in this case.

You both need to be open minded to keep re-discovering yourselves.

1 Like

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by bukatyne(f): 7:49pm On Nov 08, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
Relax, try to be empathetic. Some aren't dangerous, they just need discipline and God's strength.

I remember when i could not control my urges, i was at the time far from dangerous. I went about my activities, was not a sexual predator but i had issues controlling them.

Now, i have gained mastery.

@bold:

I literally burst out laughing.

This thread is surely a comic relief!

1 Like

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 8:04pm On Nov 08, 2020
This is what i keep preaching to people. God bless you

bukatyne:

Bros, forget sexual compatibility in this case.

You both need to be open minded to keep re-discovering yourselves.
Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 8:05pm On Nov 08, 2020
It didn't even seem funny when i typed it grin

bukatyne:

@bold:

I literally burst out laughing.

This thread is surely a comic relief!
Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by angelfallz(m): 8:36pm On Nov 08, 2020
Men, having a oneitis mentality is what would make your wives starve you of sex. Once a woman knows her husband has options and is a desirable man, many of the cock and bull reasons that i have seen on this thread about why wives deny their husbands sex would not matter.

I am not advocating adultery. However, if your wife has even a slight feeling that you can and won't hesitate to get what she is denying you, she wouldn't dare deny you sex.

Almost every day with threads like this, you begin to realise how brilliant our fore fathers were in handling women. They married multiple wives, in that environment how can denial of sex be an issue? The wives knew the husband had options.

Imagine one or two of either king David or king Solomon's wives denying them sex, ko possible. Because they know before they remember them again e go tey.

1 Like

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by BigDick70inch(m): 8:38pm On Nov 08, 2020
Psych412:
I'm a lady too

I so much love yo sincerity I swear..
Pls never pick Dat from yo mum biko..

1 Like

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 8:52pm On Nov 08, 2020
So what are you saying? Partners should go and look for other options outside their home?!

angelfallz:
Men, having a oneitis mentality is what would make your wives starve you of sex. Once a woman knows her husband has options and is a desirable man, many of the cock and bull reasons that i have seen on this thread about why wives deny their husbands sex would not matter.

I am not advocating adultery. However, if your wife has even a slight feeling that you can and won't hesitate to get what she is denying you, she wouldn't dare deny you sex.

Almost every day with threads like this, you begin to realise how brilliant our fore fathers were in handling women. They married multiple wives, in that environment how can denial of sex be an issue? The wives knew the husband had options.

Imagine one or two of either king David or king Solomon's wives denying them sex, ko possible. Because they know before they remember them again e go tey.

1 Like

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by MrTAnonymous(m): 8:55pm On Nov 08, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
Quiet house grin

Okay, let me give an instance here.

Should A Woman Only Have Sex With Her Husband, When She's In The Mood?!
I love this particular subject.

I think understanding is the most important thing when it comes to matters like this.

I feel if a partner is not in the mood either the man or woman, the other partner needs to understand and compromise.
You can't always be in the mood, understanding ni koko.

The only issue is if it becomes frequent.

2 Likes

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 8:57pm On Nov 08, 2020
I agree, partners can learn to compromise sometimes because that perfect mood for sex may never come.

Often, desire for sex comes after proper arousal. In everything, there should always be understanding.

MrTAnonymous:

I love this particular subject.

I think understanding is the most important thing when it comes to matters like this.

I feel if a partner is not in the mood either the man or woman, the other partner needs to understand and compromise.
You can't always be in the mood, understanding ni koko.

The only issue is if it becomes frequent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by angelfallz(m): 9:03pm On Nov 08, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
So what are you saying? Partners should go and look for other options outside their home?!

Lol. Did you not see where i said i am not advocating adultery?

Let me put it this way

Your friend is hot tempered. You know that if you push and push, he would lose it, so therefore you are careful about how you push him.

That is what i mean. That knowledge that he would lose it, is what makes you to be careful with him.

The same applies to a husband whose wife is denying him sex. The knowledge that this man can go out and get ladies is what would temper her sexual behaviour towards her husband

Please read this book it is free to download, "The Rational Male; Positive Masculinity" by Rollo Tomassi
Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 9:06pm On Nov 08, 2020
I get your idea, just feel such thoughts are not even healthy in itself.

Thanks for the recommendation though.

angelfallz:

Lol. Did you not see where i said i am not advocating adultery?

Let me put it this way

Your friend is hot tempered. You know that if you push and push, he would lose it, so therefore you are careful about how you push him.

That is what i mean. That knowledge that he would lose it, is what makes you to be careful with him.

The same applies to a husband whose wife is denying him sex. The knowledge that this man can go out and get ladies is what would temper her sexual behaviour towards her husband

Please read this book it is free to download, "The Rational Male; Positive Masculinity" by Rollo Tomassi

3 Likes

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by MrTAnonymous(m): 9:49pm On Nov 08, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
I always say sexual compatibility is discovered, a journey not a destination because you can't always meet that person that has the same libido as you do.

It is expected for couples to have different libido. In that case, they will have to grow and walk through their sex life.

Many women who claim to not want sex as much as their husbands often find themselves enjoying the same sex they were initially cajoled to have.

It's a game of arousal before desire. You don't have to f**k around in the name of sexual compatibility.

I understand your point, try to understand mine.

My point is this,

Sex life is very important in a relationship.

Sexual compatibility is a journey truly, you and your partner needs to keep discovering each other's sexuality.

My question is this, why not start your sexual adventures during courtship?

Why not save each other the effort, the stress and the time by avoiding an "avoidable" problem?

Isn't it better to discover your sex drive during courtship and decide early on if both of you would be able to cope with each other in the long run than to rush to marriage and later discover that you can't cope with each other and then end up breaking up as you know that marriage is a long time commitment and we humans are not the same, some people just can't cope with not having enough sex no matter how hard they try, not their fault tho' it is natures'.

Do you know that in Nigeria alone not to talk other countries, the high rate of divorce cases that was caused by lack of good sexual life between the couple is high?

Must we keep using the same old rule especially when we know it is probably outdated and not working with the kind of society we find ourselves now?

1 Like

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 9:53pm On Nov 08, 2020
I cant negotiate with this because I'm a Christian and i believe pre-marital sex is not a guide for sexual compatibility in marriage.

As much as even married couples have to walk through it. It's a journey and continues throughout marriage.

There are healthier ways to handle sexual compatibility and sexual experimentation before marriage ain't one of them. My opinion though.

MrTAnonymous:

I understand your point, try to understand mine.

My point is this,

Sex life is very important in a relationship.

Sexual compatibility is a journey truly, you and your partner needs to keep discovering each other's sexuality.

My question is this, why not start your sexual adventures during courtship?

Why not save each other the effort, the stress and the time by avoiding an "avoidable" problem?

Isn't it better to discover your sex drive during courtship and decide early on if both of you would be able to cope with each other in the long run than to rush to marriage and later discover that you can't cope with each other and then end up breaking up as you know that marriage is a long time commitment and we humans are not the same, some people just can't cope with not having enough sex no matter how hard they try, not their fault tho' it is natures'.

Do you know that in Nigeria alone not to talk other countries, the high rate of divorce cases that was caused by lack of good sexual life between the couple is high?

Must we keep using the same old rule especially when we know it is probably outdated and not working with the kind of society we find ourselves now?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by MrTAnonymous(m): 10:28pm On Nov 08, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
I cant negotiate with this because I'm a Christian and i believe pre-marital sex is not a guide for sexual compatibility in marriage.

As much as even married couples have to walk through it. It's a journey and continues throughout marriage.

There are healthier ways to handle sexual compatibility and sexual experimentation before marriage ain't one of them. My opinion though.

Yes as a Christian, pre marital sex is not a guide, I respect that.

But what about those who don't share the same beliefs with you?

Isn't it proper not to castigate them all because they don't share the same beliefs as you?

I have seen christians who divorced because the couples didn't have good sex life so there is no sexual experiment better than knowing each other's sexual compatibility at an early stage.

I am still standing by my words.

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 10:32pm On Nov 08, 2020
Why play the victim card, I'm not castigating anyone.

Christians who divorce because of a bad sex life were most likely ignorant of healthy ways to make things work.

For anyone who doesn't share my beliefs, it's fine, they can choose to do what they want to - i am not imposing anything

MrTAnonymous:

Yes as a Christian, pre marital sex is not a guide, I respect that.

But what about those who don't share the same beliefs with you?

Isn't it proper not to castigate them all because they don't share the same beliefs as you?

I have seen christians who divorced because the couples didn't have good sex life so there is no sexual experiment better than knowing each other's sexual compatibility at an early stage.

I am still standing by my words.

1 Like

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by Sawzer(m): 10:35pm On Nov 08, 2020
I believe you both have a point, religious beliefs is just the barrier. Logically I'll go with MrTAnonymous but I don't think the opinion is necessary.
Great arguments from you both! So matured, unlike what we have on most thread in Nairaland. Insult just to make a point.

4 Likes

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by Chiquitq(f): 10:49pm On Nov 08, 2020
when I was still living with my legally married ex husband, we may not be intimate for up to five months in a row. He was so manipulative and sought every opportunity to control to the extent that if he sees that I enjoy it, he stops giving it to you pleasurably. if you show that you need it, it is another reason to abstain from you. It got to a point that I resented him so much that I stopped enjoying sex totally because he was out rightly unfaithful and mentally and physically abusive. Whenever he insists, I had to use a lubricant because he could not make me wet. I did not share this with anyone because they may think I'm the cause of his bad behaviour. it's been over six years since I left him and I've been totally celebate since then. I'm not being
faithful to him at all but I can't just imagine a man thinking sex is a weapon to control me. I don't use toys and I don't masturbate. Sex is mostly psychological or I'm probably too broken or distracted to try again ...

2 Likes

Re: SEX-STARVED MARRIAGE: Share Your Experience And Get Listened To by Sawzer(m): 11:30pm On Nov 08, 2020
Chiquitq:
when I was still living with my legally married ex husband, we may not be intimate for up to five months in a row. He was so manipulative and sought every opportunity to control to the extent that if he sees that I enjoy it, he stops giving it to you pleasurably. if you show that you need it, it is another reason to abstain from you. It got to a point that I resented him so much that I stopped enjoying sex totally because he was out rightly unfaithful and mentally and physically abusive. Whenever he insists, I had to use a lubricant because he could not make me wet. I did not share this with anyone because they may think I'm the cause of his bad behaviour. it's been over six years since I left him and I've been totally celebate since then. I'm not being
faithful
to him at all but I can't just imagine a man thinking sex is a weapon to control me. I don't use toys and I don't masturbate. Sex is mostly psychological or I'm probably too broken or distracted to try again ...
I'm sorry about that ma'am, according to what you have said the man was very unfair and selfish to you. I think now that you're not with him anymore you should let's go of the past, fix yourself from being broken and start afresh.
Try to go out more, enjoy doing a hobby, work more, spend more time with your loved ones and along the line, hopefully you meet a real man that would reignite the spark in you.
6 years is too long to be celibate most especially when you never planned it to be that way.
The key is to be happy.
I pray and wish you're Happy.

You can explain further the word in italics if you wish.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can One Cope Wit A Lazy Wife? / Husband Or Househelp? / Natural Weight Or Fat Management Therapy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.