Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,032 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun (29781 Views)

Buhari Should Impose Military Administrators In Troubled States To End Insecurit / Adedeji Oluwole: Police Detain 3 OPC Operatives For Arresting Iskilu Wakili / Police Arrest End SARS Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 08, 2020
Golan007:

In what western country?

Did Boko Haram even start under Buhari or 5 years before he got into office?

IT WAS A TOOL used by the NORTHERNERS and BUHARI to clinge to POWER!!!

Now, under his watch, those guys couldn't be
controlled...

Why did Buhari rehabilitate THE LAST captured batch, flew them on a presidential Jet to graduation ceremony and currently sponsoring their schooling in ABROAD

WAKE UP BRo
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 08, 2020
davillian:
I know the Nigerian government would target the heads of the protest...
Which kind of country do we leave in ?
Protest is now a crime under buhari.....

Let us just line up one by one and be going to the police station so they can arrest us

Let's see if they can arrest and keep 50million youths .

Way to go.
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by authority2006(m): 1:22pm On Nov 08, 2020
flemsy15:
From freezing accounts of protesters to arresting Whatsapp group admins, soon they'll clamp down on people who made posts on social media. It seems the Lekki shooting was just the beginning of what the government have in store for the protesters.

All those FAKE pictures, news and videos deserve to be revisited, don't you think so? Because those are the things that set Nigeria on fire. We need to learn how to use internet responsibly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by wildikeman(m): 1:23pm On Nov 08, 2020
LaEvilIMiss:

It is profitable to be wise as you and others of your like-minded selves continue to push. a stitch in time saves nine - better to be late than never - a small puddle on the road will become a gully one day. We continue to ignore the root disease of the #Endsars protest and instead concentrate on the symptoms. It is like Malaria in Nigeria - we will prefer to enrich the pharmaceutical companies rather then ensuring good drainages and moving bodies of water. it costs far less to do this than manufacture and supply and import drugs.. but why do you think this is so

1: Are you aware that Nigeria is facing a Food crisis (The largest producer of rice in Africa is also the largest importer of rice on the continent)
2: 85% of our IGR is used to service existing debt interests not even paying it off little-by-little
3: Our population is estimated to hit 200 million in 2021 and yet in 2016 the BNS estimated that 60 million children of school age are at home
4: 2.8% was dedicated to healthcare in 2018 and 2.4% of the budget for education - guess how much was budgeted for critical infrastructure and how much was allocated to Governance?
5: You will be excused to think that "looters" are a bunch of co-ordinated #Endsars gangs - they are desperately impoverished Nigerians who have no jobs, no money and no hope while their rulers enjoy whatever means that can feed the majority

Your words indicate that you are many of those who live in comfortable bubbles - ignorant of the cause and effect of bad governance. one day the pot will boil over after placing your hands over it to hide the troubles underneath

Nice... Very articulate. Thanks for this clearity

1 Like

Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by lexy2014: 1:24pm On Nov 08, 2020
Lifestone:

How could you justify the looting of ShopRite, banks and other Private enterprises that were responsible for the few jobs on the street. Tuns farm in Oshogbo was invaded and looted, with machineries carted away. I dont get you. When did that become part of protest.
People must be held accountable for the properties of others they either looted or destroyed. The owners of those businesses also need justice.

Oga, u haven't answered my questions:

"For what crimes are u referring? Who should be held responsible for d thugs/hoodlums sent to attack protesters in Lagos, osogbo, Benin & Abuja? How many looters in this govt yet identified but are still walking free? Which sane society will have sitting governors, legislators & a traditional ruler hoard covid palliatives & yet these people are still walking free?"

1 Like

Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by authority2006(m): 1:24pm On Nov 08, 2020
Randy91:

controlled...

Why did Buhari rehabilitate THE LAST captured batch, flew them on a presidential Jet to graduation ceremony and currently sponsoring their schooling in ABROAD

WAKE UP BRo

Lol. You should be awarded a doctorate degree in Conspiracy Theory.
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 08, 2020
QuotaSystem:
The season for accountability is upon us.

May we never see the needless killings and destruction that hallmarked the recent protests.

At the end it is the hungry masses that suffer the destroyed infrastructure, burnt transport buses, high food prices & movement restrictions and not the officials insulated from the chaos in their air-conditioned mansions.

We ought to have learnt a thing or two.

It is profitable to be wise.

What an irony. May it not be too late for you when the scales finally fall off your eyes.
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by naija4life247: 1:24pm On Nov 08, 2020
Very good Buhari. Arrest them all. You are doing a good job, just as your mentor Sani Abacha. But, I hope you uncircumcised Fulani cow remember how your mentor Sani Abacha ended? Yours will be worse.

Be expecting us, the lazy but determined youths. We will be back on the streets soon. This time, it will be final. We shall resolve this back and forth once and forever.
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by Golan007: 1:24pm On Nov 08, 2020
Randy91:

controlled...

WAKE UP BRo

So under Yar'adua, a northern muslim from Katsina, Buhari another northern muslim from Katsina, created Boko Haram in far away Borno?

I'm sure you are one of those that think Coronavirus is related to 5G.
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by BigBashiru: 1:25pm On Nov 08, 2020
Mgbadike80:
lalasticlala, please, which sane country can i get a masters degree with 5 million naira or less, i don't want my yet to be born children to experience this hell called Nigeria.

Voluntary slavery in white mans land. Shey na una say they enslaved us blah blah that's why Africa is backward. They left you and now you going back to them voluntarily. Shame.
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by Carloslehder: 1:26pm On Nov 08, 2020
favor914:
The next one, you will end up in police custody, or the morgue, be careful what you wish for.
Use your head before you talk or else thunder go fire you very soon
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by OMOJOHN001: 1:26pm On Nov 08, 2020
what do you expect when the IGP said boldly that Police men can kill under the law.
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by Omoslim26: 1:28pm On Nov 08, 2020
OwenJesse27:

Your mad ...I say again ur mad who are the youth the pay thugs abi ...on Monday we are coming out nonsense angry

Useless criminal na dat expired indomie wey you wan thief go kill you

the World knows the difference between protesters and hoodlums

protesters have made their voice heard now they wait a while to see watin go sup before them.go plan their next move

una go meet watin pass una eyes tis time we will not watch lazy monkeys like you destroy our homeland

get out of my mention bloody thief

Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by Babaken(m): 1:28pm On Nov 08, 2020
Nigeria Animal kingdom
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by lexy2014: 1:28pm On Nov 08, 2020
LaEvilIMiss:

It is profitable to be wise as you and others of your like-minded selves continue to push. a stitch in time saves nine - better to be late than never - a small puddle on the road will become a gully one day. We continue to ignore the root disease of the #Endsars protest and instead concentrate on the symptoms. It is like Malaria in Nigeria - we will prefer to enrich the pharmaceutical companies rather then ensuring good drainages and moving bodies of water. it costs far less to do this than manufacture and supply and import drugs.. but why do you think this is so

1: Are you aware that Nigeria is facing a Food crisis (The largest producer of rice in Africa is also the largest importer of rice on the continent)
2: 85% of our IGR is used to service existing debt interests not even paying it off little-by-little
3: Our population is estimated to hit 200 million in 2021 and yet in 2016 the BNS estimated that 60 million children of school age are at home
4: 2.8% was dedicated to healthcare in 2018 and 2.4% of the budget for education - guess how much was budgeted for critical infrastructure and how much was allocated to Governance?
5: You will be excused to think that "looters" are a bunch of co-ordinated #Endsars gangs - they are desperately impoverished Nigerians who have no jobs, no money and no hope while their rulers enjoy whatever means that can feed the majority

Your words indicate that you are many of those who live in comfortable bubbles - ignorant of the cause and effect of bad governance. one day the pot will boil over after placing your hands over it to hide the troubles underneath

Lovely... absolutely top class. Unfortunately, d quotasystem guy u addressed doesn't have an idea about what u typed. D only thing he is interested in is buhari. His own is if u aren't for buhari, then u are against buhari. Chikena
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by Lifestone(m): 1:30pm On Nov 08, 2020
LaEvilIMiss:

What do you expect when there are millions of desperately poor and frustrated people in Lagos State, of course they will turn their frustrations at innocent people and businesses - there is no justification, if they could get their hands on people who squandared billions after promising so much, that would have been gratifying.. focus on the root cause and the symptoms will disappear
My point is that the owners of the damaged and looted businesses deserve justice and that could only be served when those responsible are brought to judgement.
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 08, 2020
authority2006:

Lol. You should be awarded a doctorate degree in Conspiracy Theory.

See let's PURGE ourselves of ETHNIC BIGOTRY!

It's better to view matters like this with DEDUCTIVE mindset instead of RELIGIOUS/ETHNIC mindsetgringrin

Under Jonathan, Naija Militants where given amnesty!
Why? because they were fighting for NEGLECT in their region where the CRUDE/WEALTH of Naija comes out from and since their mission was met, have you heard any threat from them again?...HELL NO!
Was their BOKOHARAM then..HELL NO!

Towards the Middle of Jonathan's tenure, BOKOHARAM sprang up from nowhere!

What are they fighting for?

Can you tell me?

Guy, I don't want to argue this but THINK!!!!

JONATHAN left his place and CONCENTRATED on NORTH during his TENURE but THAT IDIAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT, what has he done for other Regions
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by iokpebholo: 1:31pm On Nov 08, 2020
Randy91:

Bro, JUST 1% of Naija PEOPLE are Fraudsters!!!

Guy, you need to Leave NAIJA and travel out and see SO MANY NIGERIANS doing fine!!!

SO MANY!!!

What I can say, is that the PRESENT Govt is using the NORTHERN STYLE to rule Naija...

Subject more people into POVERTY, then use it against them!

Do you know that currently Because of HIGH RATE UNEMPLOYMENT in Naija,, many guys have resulted into INTERNET BUSINESSES like online Marketing, Programming, etc.....

I have a friend who lost hope in searching for work in 2015 and resulted to Different online BUSINESSES but finally settled for PYTHON,,,, currently, d guy runs Diesel in his house 24hrs and works for a company in USA while still in naija...he earns 500k monthly when converted to Naira because he is paid in Dollars!

See regulating SOCIAL MEDIA will further increase UNEMPLOYMENT in Naija!

What will happen to SKIT MAKERS on IG which from their get offers to officiate in Weddings, birthdays, etc and advertise...

You guys should choose wisely because the remaining years of BUHARI WILL BE VERY HARD if they succeed in this SOCIAL MEDIA bill...
Bros 1% is not exactly correct sir,we need to work on ourselves before we start criticising d govt.I have a colleague who lost his last months salary to this same Yahoo boys.Even d last protest sir,some of this same youths went into people's houses and shops and looted properties and goods worth millions
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by Ihatemumu: 1:31pm On Nov 08, 2020
Nigeria will turn to Zambia very soon. , and then all Nigerians will now understand why we need to stop the Government from killing freedom of speech
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by Quaddafi29: 1:32pm On Nov 08, 2020
The so called panels set up is to buy time and deal with the protesters. Imagine a high ranking police person saying that the two people were destined until the end of investigations. So, if found not guilty, would they able to pay millions in illegal and detention? It is only in Aftica that someone is arrested and detained before investigation, no wonder Trump called us shit hole country.
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 08, 2020
Golan007:

So under Yar'adua, a northern muslim from Katsina, Buhari another northern muslim from Katsina, created Boko Haram in far away Borno?

I'm sure you are one of those that think Coronavirus is related to 5G.

Lmao!!!

Under him, THEY WERE GIVEN A VOICE!!!!

You don't PAMPER TERRORISTS!!!!
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by lexy2014: 1:32pm On Nov 08, 2020
Omoslim26:

Useless criminal na dat expired indomie wey you wan thief go kill you

the World knows the difference between protesters and hoodlums

protesters have made their voice heard now they wait a while to see watin go sup before them.go plan their next move

una go meet watin pass una eyes tis time we will not watch lazy monkeys like you destroy our homeland

get out of my mention bloody thief

With regards ur comment

Omoslim26:

D govt is freezing accounts & seizing passports of those it believes were arrow heads in d protests. D thread also talks about arrests being made. Even police welfare which is one of demands of d protests, hasn't been addressed

By d way, y was d indomie left to expire in d first place?
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by BigBashiru: 1:32pm On Nov 08, 2020
Enwhen:

You are far from reality and dense ...when that time come , none of them can withstand Nigeria let alone seat in an air-conditioned mansions... Millions of people are getting frustrated and tired with increasing rate of things ... Go and find out how uprising started in most countries... When that time comes, we will see the leader that will have the gods to seat in an air-conditioned office or mansion , Only Gov Sanwo can explain better to you. The masses cannot be intimidated and fool forever

Nigerians will tend to take it out on fellow Nigerians FIRST before going after politicians- it's just selfish interest....
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by daniwise(m): 1:34pm On Nov 08, 2020
favor914:
The next one, you will end up in police custody, or the morgue, be careful what you wish for.

U and your family will end up in the morgue stupid girl
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by Lifestone(m): 1:34pm On Nov 08, 2020
lexy2014:

Oga, u haven't answered my questions:

"For what crimes are u referring? Who should be held responsible for d thugs/hoodlums sent to attack protesters in Lagos, osogbo, Benin & Abuja? How many looters in this govt yet identified but are still walking free? Which sane society will have sitting governors, legislators & a traditional ruler hoard covid palliatives & yet these people are still walking free?"
You are talking about a completely different situation. Why should you unleashed your frustration of the bad actions of people you voted into power on my business? Face your leaders and leave out my business and our Commonwealth, simple. That's not difficult to understand.
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by Dollarzaram(m): 1:35pm On Nov 08, 2020
Mgbadike80:
lalasticlala, please, which sane country can i get a masters degree with 5 million naira or less, i don't want my yet to be born children to experience this hell called Nigeria.
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by lexy2014: 1:37pm On Nov 08, 2020
Lifestone:

You are talking about a completely different situation. Why should you unleashed your frustration of the bad actions of people you voted into power on my business? Face your leaders and leave out my business and our Commonwealth, simple. That's not difficult to understand.

I didn't talk about anything. I only asked questions for d purpose of clarity. Ur comment above are still light years away from answering d questions I asked:

Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 08, 2020
iokpebholo:
Bros 1% is not exactly correct sir,we need to work on ourselves before we start criticising d govt.I have a colleague who lost his last months salary to this same Yahoo boys.Even d last protest sir,some of this same youths went into people's houses and shops and looted properties and goods worth millions

I am not denying the FACT that there are NO BAD NIGERIANS!!!!

Just like, LIFE is a mixture of BAD and GOOD!

But, my POINT is that on SCALE, those BAD NIGERIANS are just 1% of the POPULATION!!!

So many guys carrying Laptop about/dreads/tatoo in Naija MAY NOT be YAHOO boys!!!...DID you read about d news of THE PAYSTACK guys?
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by Ihatemumu: 1:38pm On Nov 08, 2020
favor914:
Why not consider The People’s Republic of Biafra?

Saw your profile picture, mehn you are ugly as fk
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 08, 2020
Lifestone:

My point is that the owners of the damaged and looted businesses deserve justice and that could only be served when those responsible are brought to judgement.

Let us look at it practically
1: LASG lost revenue
2: Private businesses lost revenue
3: You blame #Endsars organizers for the chaos that ensued after the Military took matters into their won hands or #Endsars protesters refused to disperse.

Those are the 3 precursors for the chaos that happened but have you also ignored some key actors and catalysts that caused this unfortunate incident with looting and property destruction?

1: Lack of Trust and Transperency on the part of the LASG
2: Betrayal of duty from the Federal Government who control the Police and the Military (Peace is not always brought about by use of brutal force and violence, there is also another way which is meant to be demonstrated in a democratic dispensation globally and that is called Dialogue and Engagement, it worked for Niger-Delta Militants, it worked for Boko-Haram Terrorists, why would it fail for educated youths - have you asked yourself why that is so?

Arresting and jailing protesters will amount to nothing - no amount of debt-recovery will pay for the damages and loss however! the $Billions and NBillions used to feed children at home during the lockdown over N100 billion to date, should be carved out to help businesses, police stations etc back on their feet.

Are you aware of any family with school children near your neighborhood who was fed even for a day
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by pharmagba: 1:40pm On Nov 08, 2020
favor914:

Subtle threat is adverse to national development

If America was to behave this way there won't be where they are today.

Finally,
power and position is transient, you will definitely be called for accountability one day, even if not in this world definitely before your maker.
Re: Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun by Colonelswitz101(m): 1:42pm On Nov 08, 2020
favor914:

U should be given special attention in a psychiatrist hospital

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari, Your Citizens Are Dying- Oby Ezekwesili / ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? / The Only Abandoned Project That Buhari Will Not Complete - Tolu Ogunlesi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.