Stats: 3,156,284 members, 7,829,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Advise On Uk Visa Needed Urgently - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advise On Uk Visa Needed Urgently (1346 Views)

Kenya Visa Needed / Brazil Visa Needed / Egyptian Visa Needed Urgently (2) (3) (4)

Advise On Uk Visa Needed Urgently by oada: 5:02pm On Mar 15, 2011
i would like to travel to the UK this easter with my husband and two children aged 3 yrs and 6 yrs.

we are presently getting together our documents and hope to submit by the end of this week or early next week.

but some people are advising against requesting for the entire family at once, our passports are stamped with the african country visit we made two years ago, so we dont have UK visa before and our passports are almost virgin.will this be a minus for us?

i have a good job, my husband also has a good job and practices his proffession (law). So we have evidence that we can sponsor ourselves comfortably.

NOW MY QUESTION IS THIS, IS IT TOO RISKY PROCESSING THE VISA FOR ALL OF US AT ONCE, DO WE HAVE A HIGH RATE OF GETTING TURNED DOWN? PLEASE ADVISE.
Re: Advise On Uk Visa Needed Urgently by demi2008(f): 5:21pm On Mar 15, 2011
No its not all u need to do is prove that u can afford it and show ties to Naija. Include ur share certs, property documents, gd bank statement and most importantly ur prove of employment. Appying 1 by 1 could even raise an eyebrow to me. My uncle and his wife and four kids applied same time and were granted and a lot of other pple I know as well.
Re: Advise On Uk Visa Needed Urgently by justwise(m): 6:58pm On Mar 15, 2011
demi2008:

No its not all u need to do is prove that u can afford it and show ties to Naija. Include your share certs, property documents, gd bank statement and most importantly your prove of employment. Appying 1 by 1 could even raise an eyebrow to me. My uncle and his wife and four kids applied same time and were granted and a lot of other pple I know as well.

Op, demi is right.
Re: Advise On Uk Visa Needed Urgently by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 16, 2011
@Oada Make sure You have your income tax together very important. If you don"t have it to support your visa application you could be denied. Just have your bank statements 6 mths each, Confirmed hotel reservation, pay slips for 6mths, Introduction letter from ur job, share certificates, proof of landed properties if you have any, birth certificates of each kids, marraige cert, then also write a letter to the consular give them a full itineary of where u will be visiting and wat other plans u have when u in the uk. Make sure u also get leave letters from ur job, stating when ur leave begins and when it ends. Also make sure the introduction letter indicates how much u are paid monthly (monthly income). Now if the kids are in school make sure u have some kind of proof for that such as a letter from their school , and also a copy of their I d card. If i do have more info, i will post it out here to u
Re: Advise On Uk Visa Needed Urgently by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 16, 2011
@OP And no its not risky to apply wit ur kids, like demi said, it will look suspicious !!!!!
Re: Advise On Uk Visa Needed Urgently by oada: 10:03am On Mar 18, 2011
Thank you all for your responses.

I have another question though.

can i have someone in the UK book the hotel reservation for me, is that allowed, or must i do it from Nigeria online?
Re: Advise On Uk Visa Needed Urgently by justwise(m): 10:16am On Mar 18, 2011
oada:

Thank you all for your responses.

can i have someone in the UK book the hotel reservation for me, is that allowed, or must i do it from Nigeria online?

. .but it has to be with ur details.
Re: Advise On Uk Visa Needed Urgently by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 18, 2011
@OP u can do it urself online, just get ur credit card. but if u finding it hard to do, just hit me up, i will take care of it for u free of charge, just let me have the dates of ur arrival and dept, and will also need ur full name as it is on ur passport. have a nice day. Peace 1
Re: Advise On Uk Visa Needed Urgently by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 18, 2011
oada:

Probably best to get someone in the UK to do the reservations, as long as they have all your details. Apparently, a lot of businesses in Europe and The Americas won't accept payment via debit / credit card, if it's registered in Nigeria, to a Nigerian address / bank.
Re: Advise On Uk Visa Needed Urgently by ycoxyng: 4:20pm On Mar 19, 2011
Siena:

Probably best to get someone in the UK to do the reservations, as long as they have all your details. Apparently, a lot of businesses in Europe and The Americas won't accept payment via debit / credit card, if it's registered in Nigeria, to a Nigerian address / bank.

Siena, do u live in Nigeria? because what u said is completely wrong. she can book the hotel reservation with a Nigeria credit/debit card. i even use my own GTB debit card to buy stuff in d UK d pay for my hotel reservation last year and it was accepted. pls dont come here and talk rubbish jare. it is not compulsory for u to post if u dont ve any meanful contribution.
Re: Advise On Uk Visa Needed Urgently by justwise(m): 4:27pm On Mar 19, 2011
ycoxyng:

Siena, do u live in Nigeria? because what u said is completely wrong. she can book the hotel reservation with a Nigeria credit/debit card. i even use my own GTB debit card to buy stuff in d UK d pay for my hotel reservation last year and it was accepted. pls dont come here and talk rubbish jare. it is not compulsory for u to post if u dont ve any meanful contribution.

Take it easy, Siena is not saying that its not posible to book from Nigeria, he said alot of companies don't accept Nigeria registered credit card. Some companies do take online payment from Nigeria while some don't.
Re: Advise On Uk Visa Needed Urgently by ycoxyng: 4:40pm On Mar 19, 2011
justwise:

Take it easy, Siena is not saying that its not posible to book from Nigeria, he said alot of companies don't accept Nigeria registered credit card. Some companies do take online payment from Nigeria while some don't.

justwise, i quite understand that companies in Europe and America at times dont accept Credit/debit card from Nigeria. but my point is that the poster want to know whether to book her hotel reservatn from Nigeria. i believe any contributor shd post based on the poster request and not bring up matter that is not relevant to d poster.
Re: Advise On Uk Visa Needed Urgently by justwise(m): 4:55pm On Mar 19, 2011
ycoxyng:

justwise, i quite understand that companies in Europe and America at times dont accept Credit/debit card from Nigeria. but my point is that the poster want to know whether to book her hotel reservatn from Nigeria. i believe any contributor shd post based on the poster request and not bring up matter that is not relevant to d poster.

I understand ur point but Siena gave his answer cos the poster wanted to know if somebody in london could do the booking for him or Nigeria hence the issue of companies in Europe and America not accepting payment from 9ja registered credit card, which is true, both of u are right in a way.
Re: Advise On Uk Visa Needed Urgently by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 20, 2011
ycoxyng:

Please, read the entire query from the original poster, including where she asked this:

oada:

And try a bit of common courtesy when responding to others. If Oada feels I'm posting rubbish, as you say, then she can ignore my reply. Not every UK hotel will accept a credit / debit card from a Nigerian bank, so I responded accordingly.
Re: Advise On Uk Visa Needed Urgently by ycoxyng: 10:41am On Mar 21, 2011
[
justwise:

I understand your point but Siena gave his answer cos the poster wanted to know if somebody in london could do the booking for him or Nigeria hence the issue of companies in Europe and America not accepting payment from 9ja registered credit card, which is true, both of u are right in a way.
]

I apologise for my choice of words. i was just trying to point out the matter that it is easier for the poster to Book the hotel reservatn from Nigeria.
Re: Advise On Uk Visa Needed Urgently by bukenken: 3:24pm On Mar 21, 2011
You can do your booking online by yoursef, u can even use a website like http://www.premierinn.com/en/.

Do not allow anyone to tell u that they can hlp u. Even if u cant use ur Naija Credit card call the fone No on the website you want to use and dey will do the reservation for u and u pay when u get there all they will do is collect that your credit card no and info that is all. I use that Hotel http://www.premierinn.com/en/.
Re: Advise On Uk Visa Needed Urgently by justwise(m): 3:42pm On Mar 21, 2011
ycoxyng:

[]

I apologise for my choice of words. i was just trying to point out the matter that it is easier for the poster to Book the hotel reservatn from Nigeria.

No worries. it will only cost u a bottle of vintage red wine. . lol
Re: Advise On Uk Visa Needed Urgently by eghost247(m): 4:27pm On Mar 21, 2011
Nice contributions from everyone this is how it should be
Re: Advise On Uk Visa Needed Urgently by ycoxyng: 5:28pm On Mar 21, 2011
No worries. it will only cost u a bottle of vintage red wine. . lol
[quote][/quote]

No problem at all. U deserved even more than that.U are one of d few lot that has made me believe that afterall we still ve decent Nigerians out there. Brother keep it up. Hope to see u whenever am in London sometimes later in d year.

Notice Regarding US Embassy Operations During The Strike Week / American Couple Invited Me, How Do I... / Amazon To Nigeria