Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,422 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya (5374 Views)

Police Nabs Vigilante Members Over Attempted Ritual (pictured) / NDLEA Nabs Female Kenyan Dancer With Cocaine (PIX) / I Was Paid Only N10,000- Cousin Of School Girl Taken To Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by Cyborg2011: 6:02pm On Mar 15, 2011
Immigration nabs 5 Nigerians en route to Libya

Tuesday, 15 March 2011 00:00 Yahaya Ibrahim, Maiduguri

Officials of the Nigeria Immigration Service in Borno State have arrested five persons, who were on their way to Libya, the state’s Comptroller of Immigration, Babayo Alkali has said.
Alkali, who said this yesterday while addressing newsmen in Maiduguri, said the five persons were nabbed by his men in Banki- Darajamal area of the state on their way to Libya en route Cameroun and Chad Republic by road. He said one of the suspects is a suspected trafficker while the remaining four are victims of human trafficking.

Alkali added that the suspected human trafficker, Chinyere Charity Nwafor, during interrogation claimed to have lived in Libya for six years and that she came home in January, 2011, for her mother’s burial.

He said when Chinyere was reminded of the fact that Nigerians resident in Libya were recently brought back because of the crisis in the country, she said the fighting did not affect the area where she stays.

The immigration boss said all five people would be handed over to the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Person (NAPTIP) for further action.

The names of the four others are, Anthony Erochukwu, 25, Nwazuzu Ogechi, 24, Genevive Otuorgh, 30 and Ifeoma Mike, who is 18 years old.

http://dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13976:immigration-nabs-5-nigerians-en-route-to-libya&catid=1:news&Itemid=2
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 15, 2011
Walking into a war zone? How do we rehabilitate human traffickers because this seems like a lost cause.
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by mamagee3(f): 7:47pm On Mar 15, 2011
Why would someone be making plans to go to libya now?

Were the 5 nigerians planning their death? undecided
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by Afanna1: 7:51pm On Mar 15, 2011
Igbo kwenu
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by AljUche: 7:52pm On Mar 15, 2011
mama-gee:

Why would someone be making plans to go to libya now?

Were the 5 nigerians planning their death? undecided

i wonder oooo

makes no sense
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by jason123: 7:53pm On Mar 15, 2011
#Afanna:

Igbo kwenu

Before you all start you tribal battles, CYBORG IS A NORTHERNER.
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by ekubear1: 7:53pm On Mar 15, 2011
Smh. . . life is more important than money. It isn't even like they'd be earning huge amounts of cash, is it?

Now is really not the time to be trekking to Libya  undecided
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by AndreUweh(m): 7:55pm On Mar 15, 2011
#Afanna:

Igbo kwenu
Monkey, I know this is where to catch you. When Your Ijaw group were slaughtered here over their kidnap of an Ondo monarch, you hid inside your computer, only to come now to ridicule the Igbo. EEdiot.
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by buzugee(m): 7:56pm On Mar 15, 2011
modern day harriet tubman.
wade through the waterssssssssss wade through the waters little children
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by jason123: 7:57pm On Mar 15, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Monkey, I know this is where to catch you. When Your Ijaw group were slaughtered here over their kidnap of an Ondo monarch, you hid inside your computer, only to come now to ridicule the Igbo. EEdiot.

So the guy is Ijaw shocked shocked
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by KnowAll(m): 7:58pm On Mar 15, 2011
If someone prefers a war torn country to Nigeria, what does say about d people ruling Nigeria. This is an indictment GEJ 's Presidency d more reason why people should vote BB. Funny enough they are Igbo's strong GEJ supporters I think it is high time Igbo's join d gravy train sweeping Niaja, why should your sisters go & do ashewo in a war torn country when u have d power to effect change.
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by buzugee(m): 7:59pm On Mar 15, 2011
those people need prayers. i think someone is calling them home via libya. they need deliverance grin
the power of juju
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by Afanna1: 8:02pm On Mar 15, 2011
419,Drug dealing,even kidnapping,money rituals,every barbaric stuff start and end with igbos .just on vanguard news two lovers found dead in Enugu!
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by Beaf: 8:02pm On Mar 15, 2011
They were going to fight Gaddafi's war as mercenaries. They should be giving the stiffest punishment available.
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by ekubear1: 8:03pm On Mar 15, 2011
buzugee:

those people need prayers. i think someone is calling them home via libya. they need deliverance grin
the power of juju

Prayer, juju? wtf? How about a better economy so people don't flee Nigeria for a country in the midst of a civil war  undecided

Hell, i could even see venturing to Iraq/Afghanistan and working there. . . you can earn on the order of a quarter million in a year. That sort of tradeoff might be worth it (though personally i wouldn't do it.)

But how much are these women really going to earn doing prostitution?  undecided I doubt it is up to $20k.
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by ekubear1: 8:07pm On Mar 15, 2011
Beaf:

They were going to fight Gaddafi's war as mercenaries. They should be giving the stiffest punishment available.

Use your brain. 4 out of these 5 names are women's names (if I'm not mistaken about nwazuzu.) And you think they are going there to fight as mercenaries
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by AljUche: 8:08pm On Mar 15, 2011
KnowAll:

If someone prefers a war torn country to Nigeria, what does say about d people ruling Nigeria. This is an indictment GEJ 's Presidency d more reason why people should vote BB. Funny enough they are Igbo's strong GEJ supporters I think it is high time Igbo's join d gravy train sweeping Niaja, why should your sisters go & do ashewo in a war torn country when u have d power to effect change.

it really does speaks volume about nigerian situation angry

Even igbos that claim to support jonathan will prefer to go to a war torn country than stay in nigeria

they even used borno grin grin

shame on nigeria shame

anyone that votes for GEJ must be sent packing to war torn zones

or else we will all leave nigeria for GEJ to rule himself and madam umbrella unblella
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 15, 2011
#Afanna:

Igbo kwenu

kenzu kwenu grin

ibo no dey carry last.
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by Beaf: 8:10pm On Mar 15, 2011
eku_bear:

Use your brain. 4 out of these 5 names are women's names (if I'm not mistaken about nwazuzu.) And you think they are going there to fight as mercenaries

What do you imagine they were going to do in a country at war? Sell suya?
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by SisiKill1: 8:11pm On Mar 15, 2011
KnowAll:

How is this an indictment on GEJ's presidency?
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by AljUche: 8:12pm On Mar 15, 2011
Beaf:

likely to get a greener pasteur,.,.,. women are not known mercenaries you know
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by Afanna1: 8:14pm On Mar 15, 2011
Hummmmm igbo babes.
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by buzugee(m): 8:15pm On Mar 15, 2011
eku_bear:

Prayer, juju? wtf? How about a better economy so people don't flee Nigeria for a country in the midst of a civil war  undecided

Hell, i could even see venturing to Iraq/Afghanistan and working there. . . you can earn on the order of a quarter million in a year. That sort of tradeoff might be worth it (though personally i wouldn't do it.)

But how much are these women really going to earn doing prostitution?  undecided I doubt it is up to $20k.
twas a joke as in this is the type of thing that will be assumed in yoruba-land. like someone is remote-controlling you to go to a place where black people are getting slaughtered so that you can join them. gerrit ? lol
having said that, those women or men caught need to be stripped nekkid and flogged mercilessly with koboko for being the dumbest nigerians since the inception of nigeria
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by ekubear1: 8:15pm On Mar 15, 2011
Beaf:

Smh. Prostitution, try to enter Europe. . . there are many plausible options. But your immediate first guess, that a band of largely women (including an 18 year old girl) are travelling there as mercenaries obviously makes no sense.
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by AljUche: 8:17pm On Mar 15, 2011
likely to go to europe for protitution or other source of means

can't really blame them,.,. nigeria is a mess up country
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by AljUche: 8:18pm On Mar 15, 2011
#Afanna:

Hummmmm igbo babes.

can you stop being ignorant here,.,. are they not nigerians angry
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by buzugee(m): 8:23pm On Mar 15, 2011
eku_bear:

bruv women are the deadliest mercenaries around. see this woman went out in a blaze of glory taking out as many folk with her as possible

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 15, 2011
buzugee:

bruv women are the deadliest mercenaries around. shocked see this woman went out in a blaze of glory taking out as many folk with her as possible

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

that is serious . would they go nake.d to seduce pro-ghadaffi men or what ?
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by ekubear1: 8:27pm On Mar 15, 2011
Damn, that is nuts  lipsrsealed
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by buzugee(m): 8:29pm On Mar 15, 2011
~Bluetooth:

that is serious . would they go nake.d to seduce pro-ghadaffi men or what ?
do not underestimate the feminine allure. especially in places like libya and egypt. they love black women (as prostitutes anyway )
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 15, 2011
buzugee:

do not underestimate the feminine allure. especially in places like libya and egypt. they love black women (as love-peddlers anyway )

i can now see why those ibo babes were running down there to cover up for the short fall in likeliness for higher demands by

men who have abandoned their wives for the war front. nawao

ibo kwenu grin
Re: Immigration Nabs 5 Nigerians En Route To Libya by buzugee(m): 8:37pm On Mar 15, 2011
~Bluetooth:

i can now see why those ibo babes were running down there to cover up for the short fall in likeliness for higher demands by

men who have abandoned their wives for the war front. nawao

ibo kwenu grin
ndigbo folks are the nigerian jews. grin grin everyday am hustling grin

on a sidenote i think in nigeria we may actually not be exactly the same people. have you noticed how ndigbo men have muscles in places you couldnt even imagine that muscles existed. their mandibular definition is impeccable

then yoruba guys are averagely shaped

then hausa guys are lean and skinny and tall

are we actually the same people ? hmmmm. wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Report A Yahoo Boy To Efcc / Government Has Refused To Arrest This Man PHOTOS / How Frudster Withdrew My Sister Money Without Disclosing Her Details.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.