Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? (947 Views)

Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance / Man Starves Himself To Death In Benue After Losing Both Parents (Photo) / I'm About Losing The Man I Love And Being Pressured To Marry The One I Never Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by pozehnani(f): 9:02am On Nov 11, 2020
Please I need solid advice here concerning a long standing ish.

There's this school Ive been taking for three years. so last two years end of session they relocated with my money which caused a huge problem because after much calls and threats they refused to pay me my money, though they paid half of the term ( by mid-term) but to balance at the end of the term, they moved and refused to take my calls. They are known to always delay payments but I kept up with them just to fill up the week and their late payment always come in handy when it does come in until that final straw.

After much much, I kept quiet and the Director called and sent me part of the money around early last year. She then called around summer break, saying the school wants me back, that the standard has improved and the management is better bla bla..and she invited me for a chat. I told my elder sister and she advised that if they don't pay me the outstanding I should not go back. So when I got to the new place, i reminded her of my outstanding and told her I won't start a new contract until I get my balance from old deal and she said she'll pay. Then after summer she called me to resume that week I told her Bal or nothing and she said she would get back. I didn't hear from her again and I didn't press.

Again she called after the December break. I now told her, if it's difficult to Bal me, what's the assurance that we are not going to have issues with money again in this new contract? She went mute again. Now, after lockdown, she called, and I told her the same thing, she went mute again. Now I'm thinking the advice my sister gave might not be so palatable as it looks like it's making me miss an opportunity to have the school back in my list. But then why is she adamant about paying the balance? I know she might call me again after this Dec break. So I wanna Know, should I accept it or wait until she pays up? I'm confused here.

Sorry for the long post.
Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by RedPhoenix: 9:06am On Nov 11, 2020
Do not go back to that place ever again. You'll regret it if you do.

4 Likes

Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by pozehnani(f): 9:09am On Nov 11, 2020
RedPhoenix:
Do not go back to that place ever again. You'll regret it if you do.

Hmm... Why did you say so?
Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by YoonSung57: 9:10am On Nov 11, 2020
Stick to your ground, if not, you will be treated the same way again

6 Likes

Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by RedPhoenix: 9:12am On Nov 11, 2020
pozehnani:

There's too much remnants of " toxicity " and it will keep coming up the same way it has resurrected in the course of your interactions

3 Likes

Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by pozehnani(f): 9:21am On Nov 11, 2020
RedPhoenix:

There's too much remnants of " toxicity " and it will keep coming up the same way it has resurrected in the course of your interactions

Yeah. You're right. But I just feel the extra that comes from that end after all the brouhaha still serves in a way plus the standard I saw when I got there shows there's indeed a great improvement. They are now in Bode Thomas, Haven of the rich. and the school fee around there (according to her) is around 250k to 400k per child compared to the standard they were operating at the former site (yaba market). Plus we reviewed my contract on all levels. So its kinda juicy to miss.

Temptation.
Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by RedPhoenix: 9:24am On Nov 11, 2020
pozehnani:

Yeah. You're right. But I just feel the extra that comes from that end after all the brouhaha still serves in a way plus the standard I saw when I got there shows there's indeed a great improvement. They are now in Bode Thomas, Haven of the rich. and the school fee around there (according to her) is around 250k to 400k per child compared to the standard they were operating at the former site (yaba market). Plus we reviewed my contract on all levels. So its kinda juicy to miss.

Temptation.

In that case no harm in trying and maintaining am open mind while at it. Shoot your shot. Give it 3 months trial and see how it goes. There's also assumptions coming from this end, and chances are that things have improved significantly like you said. If every party can deal with their own past toxicity which is high unlikely, things can go on well...

1 Like

Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by pozehnani(f): 9:31am On Nov 11, 2020
RedPhoenix:

In that case no harm in trying and maintaining am open mind while at it. Shoot your shot. Give it 3 months trial and see how it goes. There's also assumptions coming from this end, and chances are that things have improved significantly like you said. If every party can deal with their own past toxicity which is high unlikely, things can go on well...

Oh great! I hope so too.

Thank you so much for this deep words.
Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by RedPhoenix: 9:31am On Nov 11, 2020
pozehnani:

Oh great! I hope so too.

Thank you so much for this deep words.

wink

1 Like

Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by Coldplay007(f): 10:41am On Nov 11, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Bad advice... you want to do free work for 3 months.. No guarantee they will pay you ever

3 Likes

Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by RedPhoenix: 11:38am On Nov 11, 2020
Coldplay007:

Bad advice... you want to do free work for 3 months.. No guarantee they will pay you ever

Always quick to banter without careful examination of information.

Work on your impulsiveness
Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by mrblessed(m): 12:53pm On Nov 11, 2020
You must be a student of that school for "taking for three years." Well, if this phrase means you were once a teacher of that school, then you had taught for three years. In Nigeria, it is common to hear teachers and students call the basic thing they do within the parameters of a school as "taking." Well, the proper rendering is this: school/faculty/department offers a course, the teacher/lecturer teaches a course, and the student takes/does a course.

What connects you to that school and which forms the basis of your contract, is finance, after you have supposedly carry out your obligations. When there is a breach of this contract on their part, you know it is time to move on.
Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by pozehnani(f): 2:09pm On Nov 11, 2020
mrblessed:
You must be a student of that school for "taking for three years." Well, if this phrase means you were once a teacher of that school, then you had taught for three years. In Nigeria, it is common to hear teachers and students call the basic thing they do within the parameters of a school as "taking." Well, the proper rendering is this: school/faculty/department offers a course, the teacher/lecturer teaches a course, and the student takes/does a course.

What connects you to that school and which forms the basis of your contract, is finance, after you have supposedly carry out your obligations. When there is a breach of this contract on their part, you know it is time to move on.

By "taking" I meant taking them on a part-time subject as a part time teacher. Not taking a course there as a student receiving lectures.

Hmm.. talking about moving on as a result of breach in contract agreement in our country sometimes can be relative because most coy breach agreements but due to lack of job opportunities, employees just keep managing them like that. Reason it looks like I wanna give them a second chance.

Another thing I think it's the reason she's not forthcoming with the bal is Her daughter who is one of the board of trustees. She always objects to whatever I try to do or counteract it but the mother likes me and always steps in each time things get out of hand. So I'm suspecting she's the one telling them at the meetings not to go by my own terms and conditions. She doesn't like my guts and already said it during one of our arguments that I like showing myself all the time. Huh..
Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by mrblessed(m): 2:33pm On Nov 11, 2020
pozehnani:

By "taking" I meant taking them on a part-time subject as a part time teacher. Not taking a course there as a student receiving lectures.

Hmm.. talking about moving on as a result of breach in contract agreement in our country sometimes can be relative because most coy breach agreements but due to lack of job opportunities, employees just keep managing them like that. Reason it looks like I wanna give them a second chance.

Another thing I think it's the reason she's not forthcoming with the bal is Her daughter who is one of the board of trustees. She always objects to whatever I try to do or counteract it but the mother likes me and always steps in each time things get out of hand. So I'm suspecting she's the one telling them at the meetings not to go by my own terms and conditions. She doesn't like my guts and already said it during one of our arguments that I like showing myself all the time. Huh..
I know admitting you erred will be very difficult for someone who thinks she is smart and intelligent.

Is this not the same woman you had misunderstanding resulting from book payment? Now that you have an insider adversary, who seems to influence the board, you have your battle cutout. But since you are willing to stake it, knowing fully well what awaits you, you will need a lot of good luck. I like the way you comfortably brush off the impact it would have on you, providing a service and at the time not sure if you are gonna receive your pay. Won't the students be the ultimate losers? God help us!
Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by pozehnani(f): 2:37pm On Nov 11, 2020
Coldplay007:

Lol.. it's not like I work three months at a stretch before I get paid. My agreement with them was monthly but sometimes they drag it till 7th week which is mid-term before they pay. While at other times they pay monthly.
Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by pozehnani(f): 2:43pm On Nov 11, 2020
mrblessed:
I know admitting you erred will be very difficult for someone who thinks she is smart and intelligent.

Is this not the same woman you had misunderstanding resulting from book payment? Now that you have an insider adversary, who seems to influence the board, you have your battle cutout. But since you are willing to stake it, knowing fully well what awaits you, you will need a lot of good luck. I like the way you comfortably brush off the impact it would have on you, providing a service and at the time not sure if you are gonna receive your pay. Won't the students be the ultimate losers? God help us!

Lol... Mr Blessed will not kill me on this forum..

Who told you it's the same school. And for the records I've sorted out the payment with the school you're referring to and I'm still very much working there by the grace of God. This school I'm talking about here is an old school I was working with and stopped due to the breach in agreement.so I wonder why you're getting it twisted. Besides I never erred otherwise the director will not be calling me to come back. So how am I trying to be smart here?

Mr. Blessed... Who are you? You seem to always attack me like you knew me from somewhere before. Biko kwa!
Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by ZeddyR: 3:00pm On Nov 11, 2020
From your posts, you want to go back but you are waiting for people to validate your decision.
Aunty, resume with them it's your choice. Face whatever the outcome is

4 Likes

Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by RedPhoenix: 3:04pm On Nov 11, 2020
pozehnani:

Lol... Mr Blessed will not kill me on this forum..

Who told you it's the same school. And for the records I've sorted out the payment with the school you're referring to and I'm still very much working there by the grace of God. This school I'm talking about here is an old school I was working with and stopped due to the breach in agreement.so I wonder why you're getting it twisted. Besides I never erred otherwise the director will not be calling me to come back. So how am I trying to be smart here?

Mr. Blessed... Who are you? You seem to always attack me like you knew me from somewhere before. Biko kwa!

To add to the salient points passed across, if we keep running from " perceived or existential toxicity " na when we go settle? Las las, life na battle ground. If you go in for the fight, ready to handle all the fights thrown across your way, yes, you'll come out victorious. But, you've gotta be psychologically ready for toxicity

1 Like

Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by pozehnani(f): 4:02pm On Nov 11, 2020
RedPhoenix:

To add to the salient points passed across, if we keep running from " perceived or existential toxicity " na when we go settle? Las las, life na battle ground. If you go in for the fight, ready to handle all the fights thrown across your way, yes, you'll come out victorious. But, you've gotta be psychologically ready for toxicity

Yeah. You're right. That's exactly how I was rolling with them before to they relocated.

Thanks a bunch.
Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by pozehnani(f): 4:13pm On Nov 11, 2020
ZeddyR:
From your posts, you want to go back but you are waiting for people to validate your decision.
Aunty, resume with them it's your choice. Face whatever the outcome is

Ok.

Thanks.
Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by skentelelady(f): 4:17pm On Nov 11, 2020
Dont go back. They will use again. The woman is a fraud and shes passing you the message clearly. Plesse look elsewhere and stop taking her calls. Be firm with your decision.

If shes really serious she will pay the outstanding. By the way, you should be aiming at higher pay now. Then think about it. Will they be able to pay you new salary and be consistent with it?

A chameleon will always be. Same as the woman.

To me it seems you want to go there. They put but dont come back to lament again

2 Likes

Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by pozehnani(f): 5:03pm On Nov 11, 2020
skentelelady:
Dont go back. They will use again. The woman is a fraud and shes passing you the message clearly. Plesse look elsewhere and stop taking her calls. Be firm with your decision.

If shes really serious she will pay the outstanding. By the way, you should be aiming at higher pay now. Then think about it. Will they be able to pay you new salary and be consistent with it?

A chameleon will always be. Same as the woman.

To me it seems you want to go there. They put but dont come back to lament again

Well... Sincerely I need more schools that's why I want to go back. And yes, theres an upward review of the salary after we renewed the contract; that is why it's even more tempting but I think I might wait until she pays before resuming and I won't regret or lament In Jesus name.

Thanks.
Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by RedPhoenix: 5:24pm On Nov 11, 2020
pozehnani:

Well... Sincerely I need more schools that's why I want to go back. And yes, theres an upward review of the salary after we renewed the contract; that is why it's even more tempting but I think I might wait until she pays before resuming and I won't regret or lament In Jesus name.

Thanks.

If you were my sister, i'll maintain my stance don't go back. I don't know why i feel this " it's not gonna worth it feeling over and over " about this your situationship
Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by pozehnani(f): 5:32pm On Nov 11, 2020
RedPhoenix:

If you were my sister, i'll maintain my stance don't go back. I don't know why i feel this " it's not gonna worth it feeling over and over " about this your situationship

*Smiles**

Ok.
Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by Nobody: 12:39am On Nov 12, 2020
No, don't go back.

1 Like

Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by pozehnani(f): 12:45am On Nov 12, 2020
DimplesLikeWow:
No, don't go back.

Ok.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by SpeciMental: 2:43am On Nov 12, 2020
pozehnani:

Your situation is like that of a non-indigene of Nigeria, outside the country who's heard all the bad news coming out from there, but after hearing the manifesto of the Presidency, is now confused about whether or not to give up their current citizenship for a Nigerian citizenship.
You will languish when you remember the freedom you once had and gave up in spite of all the red flags before you but at that time it will all be to late, the only flag before you will be green, white, green.

#Unemotional, purely Mental from the unapologetic SpeciMen#
Re: Am I Losing An Opportunity Here? by SpeciMental: 2:44am On Nov 12, 2020
pozehnani:

Your situation is like that of a non-indigene of Nigeria who's heard all the bad news coming out from there, but after hearing the manifesto of the Presidency, is now confused about whether or not to give up their current citizenship for a Nigerian citizenship.
You will languish when you remember the freedom you once had and gave up in spite of all the red flags but at that time it will all be too late, the only flag before you will be green, white, green.

#Unemotional, purely Mental from the unapologetic SpeciMen#

(1) (Reply)

Do Some Men Endorse Their Wife To Cheat? / My Ugly Experience With A House Agent At Ijebu-Ode. / ACCEPT JESUS TODAY. TOMORROW MAY BE TOO LATE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.