Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) (71974 Views)

Pictures Of The New Palace Of Olubadan Of Ibadan / Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] / Nigerian King With The Most Beautiful Palace In Africa Turns 91(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sobasojek: 4:27pm On Nov 12, 2020
Edeyoung:

Nah, itsekiri named benin ile binu oromiyan never existed in benin leave that political myth told by benin and ife to falsely unite both kingdom
It’s true. Go to oba of Benin palace to find out

3 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Edeyoung: 4:31pm On Nov 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

It’s true. Go to oba of Benin palace to find out

Lol, it is not you want to bet, 10k naira make i bring all evidence

If you want to really know the truth bet 10k and i will prove it too that all you know about that history was made up

Or before you even go too far can you prove oyo and ife relationship as father and son....

If you can before you can then consider benin and ife relationship if it is a myth
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sobasojek: 4:34pm On Nov 12, 2020
Edeyoung:

Lol, it is not you want to bet, 10k naira make i bring all evidence
You always bring evidence that can’t be referenced anywhere. If you want to bring good evidence, quote the reference, citations by international scholars not quoting a particular Edo blog

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Edeyoung: 4:38pm On Nov 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

You always bring evidence that can’t be referenced anywhere. If you want to bring good evidence, quote the reference, citations by international scholars not quoting a particular Edo blog

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.jstor.org/stable/pdf/179645.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiEhNvrqv3sAhUMT8AKHa2NBRYQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw0MKCVAETnbmT02V65Xh9eK&cshid=1605195474235

Here is d link bro

Go and read and have the wisdom you seek if yoh need more let me know
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sobasojek: 4:42pm On Nov 12, 2020
Edeyoung:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.jstor.org/stable/pdf/179645.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiEhNvrqv3sAhUMT8AKHa2NBRYQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw0MKCVAETnbmT02V65Xh9eK&cshid=1605195474235

Here is d link bro

Go and read and have the wisdom you seek if yoh need more let me know
The link you sent says brass casting technique was gotten from ife.

2 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Edeyoung: 5:03pm On Nov 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

The link you sent says brass casting technique was gotten from ife.

Have you read it to the end

This is d end

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sobasojek: 5:07pm On Nov 12, 2020
Edeyoung:

Have you read it to the end

This is d end
It says yoruba also make bronze same as Benin which also validates the first line that Benin brass casting was introduced to then by ife

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Edeyoung: 5:45pm On Nov 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

It says yoruba also make bronze same as Benin which also validates the first line that Benin brass casting was introduced to then by ife

Bro did you read the summary

Yoruba made bronze benin made bronze, doesn't
Prove a thing,

Read the summary

Ife never made bronze they actually purchased it

You really dont know your history

The summary narrates everything he was saying in the writeup
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sobasojek: 5:51pm On Nov 12, 2020
Edeyoung:

Bro did you read the summary

Yoruba made bronze benin made bronze, doesn't
Prove a thing,

Read the summary

Ife never made bronze they actually purchased it

You really dont know your history

The summary narrates everything he was saying in the writeup

It says brass casting was traced to ife

3 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by dayleke: 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2020
happney65:

Awon ti Ife oyee,Baba,I hail ooo

Awa niyen o....
Ife ooye. ...

Oodua a gbe wa o...

cool

3 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by happney65: 7:45pm On Nov 12, 2020
dayleke:

Awa niyen o....
Ife ooye. ...

Oodua a gbe wa o...

cool

Amin ase!
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 12, 2020
travelwaka:
1. The council of Elders place and the front view of the palace

I must admit The Yorubas have a rich history, beautiful tradition and a great story. I got to learn how the Ile Ife, Oyo, Benin Kingdom and other parts of the yoruba land became one

Hi travelwaka,are you allowed to enter into the main building of the palace where the king stays?

Did you pay a fee before entering places you're allowed to?
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by travelwaka: 8:56pm On Nov 12, 2020
Yes you are, just speak to the security. That you are a tourist, they will guide you to the Emese. These are in charge of the palace welfare. They also serve as the tour guide. the entrance is free but you are required to tip them.
adewoyinrotimi:

Hi travelwaka,are you allowed to enter into the main building of the palace where the king stays?

Did you pay a fee before entering places you're allowed to?
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Realboygenius(m): 10:31pm On Nov 12, 2020
Amazing site. Meanwhile do you know FCMB BusinessAccountOnline offers zero Account Maintenance for SMEs. You can also enjoy limitless transactions with a business account click here to start https://on.fcmb.com/online-account-business3
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Edeyoung: 10:46pm On Nov 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

It says brass casting was traced to ife

You keep talking brass casting coming from ife

Can you prove ife mafe those brass casting lets start from there

Olowo of owo made it know that they never made terracotta sculpture in ancient times and that those sculptures wete purchase from merchants

This terracotta sculpture have same semblance with ife sculptures and we all know ife also didnt have any art guild system making it possible that
Ife also bought those sculptures from artesian too thats why those sculptures didnt depicit the cultures of ife people

TAO11 tried proving it to me but she failed maybe yours will be different

First of all check owo terracotta head and check ife terracotta head on net before you begin to reply me, you will see thay both ife terracotta head and owo terracotta head is thesame

But non of this terracotta heads have both the ife and owo cultural attribute why

Probably they were non indigenous to this two tribe who just purchased it

If you doubt me prove it
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sobasojek: 10:49pm On Nov 12, 2020
Edeyoung:

You keep talking brass casting coming from ife

Can you prove ife mafe those brass casting lets start from there

Olowo of owo made it know that they never made terracotta sculpture in ancient times and that those sculptures wete purchase from merchants

This terracotta sculpture have same semblance with ife sculptures and we all know ife also didnt have any art guild system making it possible that
Ife also bought those sculptures from artesian too thats why those sculptures didnt depicit the cultures of ife people

TAO11 tried proving it to me but she failed maybe yours will be different

First of all check owo terracotta head and check ife terracotta head on net before you begin to reply me, you will see thay both ife terracotta head and owo terracotta head is thesame

But non of this terracotta heads have both the ife and owo cultural attribute why

Probably they were non indigenous to this two tribe who just purchased it

If you doubt me prove it

It’s in the link you sent to me. They stated it clearly there

3 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Edeyoung: 10:52pm On Nov 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

It’s in the link you sent to me. They stated it clearly there

Screenshot d full page here lets read together

And. Also, prove ife sculpture is indigenous to ife

Am waiting

If you seek the truth you will find
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by mrugly: 1:26pm On Nov 13, 2020
Edeyoung:

Screenshot d full page here lets read together

And. Also, prove ife sculpture is indigenous to ife

Am waiting

If you seek the truth you will find

What is the point you are now trying to drive at? There was nothing between Ife and Benin? To you, YES, to me, NO.

Stop forcing your opinions on others
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Edeyoung: 3:44pm On Nov 13, 2020
mrugly:

What is the point you are now trying to drive at? There was nothing between Ife and Benin? To you, YES, to me, NO.

Stop forcing your opinions on others

I want to expose the lies to the myth, so it wont look like am lieing

If you seek the truth you will find,

Just letme show you the truth except you want to
Shy away from it
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Daum: 6:37pm On Nov 13, 2020
travelwaka:
Please go and learn about history of the benin Kingdom and Yoruba Kingdom. They have been one strong ally , Nobody is causing any marginalization. I am only talking about history of their long term relationship and how it came to be

Oga go and correct yourself
Oronmiyan never conquered Benin
Oronmiyan was brought to Benin by Benin chiefs and he stayed outside the city as he could not rule. He left angrily

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by mrugly: 9:46pm On Nov 13, 2020
Edeyoung:

I want to expose the lies to the myth, so it wont look like am lieing

If you seek the truth you will find,

Just letme show you the truth except you want to
Shy away from it
From which source? And how many sources? Is it from a credible source?

Don't just read for the sake of what you wish to believe. But read to establish the truth. Am a Yoruba man(an Ijebu man to be precise), what we are taught in schools is different from what I believe in now(am talking of the story). In Yoruba land, we were made to believe Oduduwa came from the sky and that the Benins came to him to ask him to also rule them and in my mind, I was thinking, do the Benins don't see anybody from their tribe to rule them? Why come all the way from Benin to beg a foreigner to rule them and I make my research and found out about the Benin version and I taught the Benin version of Oduduwa have more sense.

Again, this story you are talking of is a story that have lasted several centuries, even before the Whites came to Africa(it wasn't written down, just oral and remember, the first man to write in Nigeria was former king of Benin Kingdom which was in the 17th century, if I could recall and this story was and has existed before he was born)
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Edeyoung: 12:36am On Nov 14, 2020
mrugly:

From which source? And how many sources? Is it from a credible source?

Don't just read for the sake of what you wish to believe. But read to establish the truth. Am a Yoruba man(an Ijebu man to be precise), what we are taught in schools is different from what I believe in now(am talking of the story). In Yoruba land, we were made to believe Oduduwa came from the sky and that the Benins came to him to ask him to also rule them and in my mind, I was thinking, do the Benins don't see anybody from their tribe to rule them? Why come all the way from Benin to beg a foreigner to rule them and I make my research and found out about the Benin version and I taught the Benin version of Oduduwa have more sense.

Again, this story you are talking of is a story that have lasted several centuries, even before the Whites came to Africa(it wasn't written down, just oral and remember, the first man to write in Nigeria was former king of Benin Kingdom which was in the 17th century, if I could recall and this story was and has existed before he was born)

All you learnt was a lie from hell

During the creation of nigeria the benin oba sort political and historical help from the yorubas for the new country nigeria, the ooni later became a
Good friend of the oba of benin,
To bridge the gap between the two monarchy historically a false tale was created

The first false tale involved only ife and benin originally

The last tale was the introduction of alafin oyo (oromiyan) after a supremacy battle he had with the ooni of ife, after d settlement alafin accepted to be junior to d ooni and the false tale was rewriting to accompany oromiyan in the benin ife tale

Summary of what they wont teach you in class
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Asapchris(m): 8:24am On Nov 14, 2020
EdoDefence:

Your father is who you're referring to cheesy
Can you see that you bastard from Benin, cus benins respect their parents. I guess you are from east cus they are the one that lack respect for their parents.
So mind your business in east
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 14, 2020
travelwaka:
Yes you are, just speak to the security. That you are a tourist, they will guide you to the Emese. These are in charge of the palace welfare. They also serve as the tour guide. the entrance is free but you are required to tip them.

Wow!
That's great
Thanks
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by TAO11(f): 7:18pm On Nov 17, 2020
AreaFada2:

Oduduwa was a Benin Prince banished from Benin.
Ooooh, the plan all along was that you will revert to this debunked 1970s fabrication once I get off Nairaland. Haha! grin LMFAO! Anyways, you’ve just been caught pants down. grin

Till today Ooni still has to slaughter 7 black cows everytime before ever traveling to Benin. It is not because of crossing 7 hills and rivers to reach Benin.

Are there no rivers and hills on the way to Abuja, Enugu, Lagos, London, America, etc? Why is he not mandated by tradition to kill black cows first before going to those places?
Just two questions for you lad: Why are you a liar? Abi you lie for a living? grin

Na 700 blue pigs dem dey kill, not only 7 black cows — insecure lying nincompoop! grin

Benin people ordinarily prefer to dey their own jeje. But you guys from Arabia, Yemen, Israel, Sky chain, Egypt, Nubia, and mountain all at the same time keep peddling silly legend.
Will you ever answer the following question which I’ve been posing to you forever?:

Where are Bini people and their Kings’ progenitors from?

(A) Ife according to the “official” Benin account.
(B) The Sky according to the Benin mythology.
(C) Europe according to the 1823 Benin account.
(D) Egypt according to Egharevba’s 1953 edition.
(E) All of the above.

Feel free to use any of the following lifelines: (1) Ask the audience, (2) Phone a friend, or (3) 50-50.

Modified:
Anyways, the attached image below highlights one specific implication of the relationship Benin kingdom has with the ancient and sacred kingdom of Ife. grin

cc: macof, RuggedSniper, gomojam, MetaPhysical, BabaRamota1980, LegendHero

13 Likes 23 Shares

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Edeyoung: 7:24pm On Nov 17, 2020
TAO11:
Ooooh, the plan all along was that you will revert to this debunked 1970s fabrication once I get off Nairaland. Haha! grin LMFAO! Anyways, you’ve just been caught pants down. grin

Just two questions for you lad: Why are you a liar? Abi you lie for a living? grin

Na 700 blue pigs den dey kill, not ably 7 black cows — insecure lying nincompoop! grin

Will you ever answer the following question which I’ve been posing to you for ever:

(E) All of the above.

Feel free to use any of the following lifelines:

(1) Ask the audience, (2) Phone a friend, or (3) 50-50.

I will have to agree with you for once

Benin-ife was lie
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Edeyoung: 7:25pm On Nov 17, 2020
Gregyboy TAO11 is back grin
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by RuggedSniper: 10:01pm On Nov 17, 2020
TAO11:

Na 700 blue pigs dem dey kill, not only 7 black cows — insecure lying nincompoop! grin

Will you ever answer the following question which I’ve been posing to you for ever:

(E) All of the above.

Feel free to use any of the following lifelines:

(1) Ask the audience, (2) Phone a friend, or (3) 50-50.

Modified:
Anyways, the attached image below highlights one specific implication of the relationship Benin Kingdom has with the ancient sacred kingdom of Ife. grin

cc: macof, RuggedSniper, gomojam, MetaPhysical
^^^TAO11! grin Thanks for the mention. Hope you're doing OK?... You're a reader's delight anyday with your well-researched, kickass historical posts. Wow... The archaeological excavations picture at Ife that you attached below is new to me. Thanks for bringing this to light! I'm a bit dissapointed that the historic Igbosere High Court, Lagos Island was badly destroyed and this is why people of Yoruba descent must not allow any part of Lagos State/Yorubaland to be used as an experimental battlefield for fifth columnists and the "awon were" external mob who spread fake news/videos on all social media platforms. The compulsory teaching of the globally in-demand S.T.E.M career fields such as coding/software development and the setting up of family cottage manufacturing industries among the Yoruba would help to prevent the massive destruction that nearly immobilised Lagos State and others. All the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by TAO11(f): 12:11am On Nov 18, 2020
RuggedSniper:
^^^TAO11! grin Thanks for the mention. Hope you're doing OK?... You're a reader's delight anyday with your well-researched, kickass historical posts. Wow... The archaeological excavations picture at Ife that you attached below is new to me. Thanks for bringing this to light! I'm a bit dissapointed that the historic Igbosere High Court, Lagos Island was badly destroyed and this is why people of Yoruba descent must not allow any part of Lagos State/Yorubaland to be used as an experimental battlefield for fifth columnists and the "awon were" external mob who spread fake news/videos on all social media platforms. The compulsory teaching of the globally in-demand S.T.E.M career fields such as coding/software development and the setting up of family cottage manufacturing industries among the Yoruba would help to prevent the massive destruction that nearly immobilised Lagos State and others. All the best.
Thanks for the reply and the compliment sir.

Yes, the above-attached artifact is quite rare. F. Willett’s works, et al. has a number of such works. I took a screenshot of the above-attached one from one of S.P. Blier’s works which also shows a reference to one of F. Willett’s publications.

Similarly, other such rare artifacts which affirms the Ife-Benin connection are seen in the attached screenshot below — showing an Ife terracotta head made in the Benin style perhaps for export purposes, considering the early dates of Ife productions in comparison to Benin works.

Artifacts like these are published in F. Willett’s, “New Light on the Ife-Benin Relationship” as well as in O. Eluyemi’s “New Terra-Cotta Finds at Oke-Eso, Ife”; among others.

See also: https://collections.si.edu/search/results.htm?q=%22Ife+terracottas%22

Yes, the recent events in Lagos are very heart-wrenching to say the least. I agree 100% that we must protect our heritage at all cost.

I’ve been very busy lately, but it’s looking like I’d be able to carve out some little time once in a while going forward. How are you?

cc: macof, MetaPhysical, BabaRamota1980, LegendHero

5 Likes 19 Shares

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by LegendHero(m): 4:16am On Nov 18, 2020
TAO11:
Thanks for the reply and the compliment sir.

Yes, the above-attached artifact is quite rare. F. Willett’s works, et al. has a number of such works. I took a screenshot of the above-attached one from one of S.P. Blier’s works which also shows a reference to one of F. Willett’s publications.

Similarly, other such rare artifacts which affirms the Ife-Benin connection are seen in the attached screenshot below — showing an Ife terracotta head made in the Benin style perhaps for export purposes, considering the early dates of Ife productions in comparison to Benin works.

Artifacts like these are published in F. Willett’s, “New Light on the Ife-Benin Relationship”; and O. Eluyemi, “New Terra-Cotta Finds at Oke-Eso, Ife”; among others.

See also: https://collections.si.edu/search/results.htm?q=%22Ife+terracottas%22

Yes, the recent events in Lagos is very heart-wrenching to say the least. I agree 100% that we must protect our heritage at all cost.

I’ve been very busy lately, but it’s looking like I’d be able to carve out some little time once in a while going forward. How are you?

cc: macof, MetaPhysical, BabaRamota1980, LegendHero

Nice to have you back.

Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order / Oluwo Of Iwo And Queen Firdaus Step Out Together For The First Time (Pics) / Nigerian Lady With Tribal Marks Almost Committed Suicide (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.