Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) (71973 Views)

Pictures Of The New Palace Of Olubadan Of Ibadan / Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] / Nigerian King With The Most Beautiful Palace In Africa Turns 91(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by victons(m): 5:06pm On Nov 11, 2020
travelwaka:
1. The council of Elders place and the front view of the palace

I must admit The Yorubas have a rich history, beautiful tradition and a great story. I got to learn how the Ile Ife, Oyo, Benin Kingdom and other parts of the yoruba land became one
Benin You've started again.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by ajl: 5:10pm On Nov 11, 2020
You referred to Yoruba creation story about Ile-Ife as folklore. Probably not. Think about this!
What does Ile-Ife mean? Translated, it mean the land that expand. And it's where creation started from according to the Yoruba. The land that expand! Now, tell me one thing astronomers that study the universe have discovered about our universe. It is that the universe has been expanding since it was created. Doesn't that agree with belief that creation started in Ile-Ife, the land that expand.

"The Universe Is Expanding So Fast We Might Need New Physics to Explain It
By Mike Wall"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.space.com/amp/universe-expanding-fast-new-physics.html

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Donspicey: 5:26pm On Nov 11, 2020
Sirmuel1:

Pictures are not allowed in Aso Villa. If you go against the rule, you may be arrested or your phone/camera will be siezed.

Nawa ooooooooo

Dis ur revelation loud ooooooo.....

So wats d alternative to get inside??
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sobasojek: 5:29pm On Nov 11, 2020
Creeza:
You just poured out my mind.

Leave these Youruba people who are bent on flaming the Ambers of tribalism between Binis and their tribe. If e set, you guys will run o

Just like Oramiyan pick race and vamoose Igodomigodo. From tine immemorial, the Edo man likes doing things his own way jejely, but if you try to show him superiority be rest assured he will put you in your rightful position: which is nothingness.

I'd advise my Yoruba brothers to face their fight with Arrewa and Igbos, just leave Edo man out of your wide mouth so you don't loose the little respect we have for you guys.

A word is enough for the wise.
Hope you know ibadan alone can run down your 2 by 2 3 local governments Benin kingdom. So stop making mouth okay because Edo witches, prostitutes and armed robbers are too small for Ibadan alone talk of Oyo or the whole Yoruba race

So whatever stupid mouth you ugly poverty stricken mofos from wretched Edo state make, let it remain in your backward Edo state okay. Be warned before i send Sunday igboho to bring the head of your weak oba of Benin for me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Alexis11: 5:35pm On Nov 11, 2020
lordmans:

Pls get your facts right.
The Modakekes are not slaves but descendants of great Yoruba warriors of mostly Oyo extraction. They left for Ife after the carnage visited on their land by the rampaging ILORIN army. It's natural that the then ruler of Ife offered them a parcel of land to settle. Afteral they are Yorubas, and yorubaland belongs to all Yorubas. The war between the two was a misunderstanding that was later resolved. The Modakekes may have tactical advantage over the Ifes cos they are born warriors like the people of Ibadan, while Ife has never been interested in wars not try to annex any other communities like other Yoruba kingdoms.

That war is over and the bad blood has evaporated.

God bless you.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by OVB123: 5:45pm On Nov 11, 2020
Shortcut2life:
Forget nothing dey inspiring about this place all ile ife road they bad I see this man convoy they dodge potholes I shame for him matter as a king .. He is just a greedy king that cares about his business only ... shey Na palace we won chop ni ..
You are Absolutely correct.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by mannatech: 6:04pm On Nov 11, 2020
Sobasojek:

Hope you know ibadan alone can run down your 2 by 2 3 local governments Benin kingdom. So stop making mouth okay because Edo witches, prostitutes and armed robbers are too small for Ibadan alone talk of Oyo or the whole Yoruba race

So whatever stupid mouth you ugly poverty stricken mofos from wretched Edo state make, let it remain in your backward Edo state okay. Be warned before i send Sunday igboho to bring the head of your weak oba of Benin for me
This is a thread to promote our cultural heritage and traditions and not to act like medieval barbarians.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Creeza(m): 6:17pm On Nov 11, 2020
Sobasojek:

angry Eba gbe e. Let this be the first and last time ever you will open your bukka cavity to utter such about his Royal Highness Oba Ewuare II Omo n'Oba n'edo akpor ukulukulu. I swear to you before my late grandma you may might not like the taste of what comes afterwards. You are warned you brown roof Republican.

And as stupid as you are with a low sperm count and brain like that of an anzé you fail to realise that The Benin Kingdom is not just Inside Benin City alone.

Now let me school you, The Esan tribe, the afuze, Owan, Akoko Edo, and all the way down to ozigono and even parts of Delta all fall under Benin Kingdom.

Fool like you fail to realise that it was once Bendel state and Benin City was the capital. Even when it was still Mid Western Region , the capital has always remained Benin City and NOW THE EDO state you know was the name given to state by Oba Ewaure the Ist. When he named it EDO.

Let me sound a warning again to you. Stay clear of Edo state. We poor. Ehen I know but the poorest individual in Edo is richer than the elites in your brown roof cesspit called Oyo. I can bank on it anyday anywhere twice on a Wednesday.
Deal with your pride and shove it down your ewedu Amala arss. You are warned.

Idiat.

3 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Creeza(m): 6:24pm On Nov 11, 2020
valirex:

Exactly, with the way they always drag us they are wasting time and allowing the Fulanis and Igbos get ahead of them.
Thank you. Egua tue!!

Esan people say " Áisabo lu okpia”
literally translated to “ You cant work out a man” but properly translated as " You can never really understand what makes a man thick”

That's my problem with all these people. They just come on Nairaland and spew thrash. Leave the Edo man to do his thing, if you go over your mark you get thrown overboard.
My two cents though.

Any other mofo who quotes me stupidly your mama two left breast. Comman beat me, I dae my house.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by valirex: 6:29pm On Nov 11, 2020
Creeza:
Thank you. Egua tue!!

Esan people say " Aisobo lu okpia”
literally translated to “ You cant work out a man” but properly translated as " You can never really understand what makes a man thick”

That's my problem with all these people. They just come on Nairaland and spew thrash. Leave the Edo man to do his thing, if you go over your mark you get thrown overboard.
My two cents though.

Any other mofo who quotes me stupidly your mama two left breast. Comman beat me, I dae my house.

Ọtẹmwẹn koyọ

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sirmuel1(m): 6:31pm On Nov 11, 2020
Donspicey:

Nawa ooooooooo

Dis ur revelation loud ooooooo.....

So wats d alternative to get inside??

You can enter if you have an appointment or you know someone. It's not like the USA White House... It's highly secured
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Donspicey: 6:35pm On Nov 11, 2020
Sirmuel1:

You can enter if you have an appointment or you know someone. It's not like the USA White House... It's highly secured

Entering is not my problem bro.......

I said i want to bring dat villa down......

Asin i wan bomb Dat villa because of Bubu......
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sobasojek: 6:36pm On Nov 11, 2020
Creeza:
angry Eba gbe e. Let this be the first and last time ever you will open your bukka cavity to utter such about his Royal Highness Oba Ewuare II Omo n'Oba n'edo akpor ukulukulu. I swear to you before my late grandma you may might not like the taste of what comes afterwards. You are warned you brown roof Republican.

And as stupid as you are with a low sperm count and brain like that of an anzé you fail to realise that The Benin Kingdom is not just Inside Benin City alone.

Now let me school you, The Esan tribe, the afuze, Owan, Akoko Edo, and all the way down to ozigono and even parts of Delta all fall under Benin Kingdom.

Fool like you fail to realise that it was once Bendel state and Benin City was the capital. Even when it was still Mid Western Region , the capital has always remained Benin City and NOW THE EDO state you know was the name given to state by Oba Ewaure the Ist. When he named it EDO.

Let me sound a warning again to you. Stay clear of Edo state. We poor. Ehen I know but the poorest individual in Edo is richer than the elites in your brown roof cesspit called Oyo. I can bank on it anyday anyway twice on a Wednesday.
Deal with your pride and shove it down your ewedu Amala arss. You are warned.

Idiat.
E pain am . You’re warned

Tell me if anything good has ever come out of your dead backward wretched poverty stricken Edo state. All Edo state indigenes I know are poor, wretched and ugly just like your foolish oloriburuku oba of Benin

A state known for armed robbery and prostitution
All your sisters and mothers even exported prostitution to Italy as well as cultism.

Edo state is known for dead s structures with everywhere looking like 16th century with poor roads, malnutrition and ackward looking witches everywhere.

I’m very sure that I have bleeped your useless olosho mother before based on say Na una trademark

Even the gra Benin has no single tarred road. All Edo youths i know are doomed forever

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sobasojek: 6:37pm On Nov 11, 2020
mannatech:

This is a thread to promote our cultural heritage and traditions and not to act like medieval barbarians.
Shut up and face your backward 2 by 2 Benin kingdom. A useless kingdom which is not even up to Ibadan in size or population

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Creeza(m): 6:39pm On Nov 11, 2020
Sobasojek:

E pain am . You’re warned

Tell me if anything good has ever come out of your dead backward wretched poverty stricken Edo state. All Edo state indigenes I know are poor, wretched and ugly just like your foolish oloriburuku oba of Benin

A state known for armed robbery and prostitution
All your sisters and mothers even exported prostitution to Italy as well as cultism.

Edo state is known for dead s structures with everywhere looking like 16th century with poor roads, malnutrition and ackward looking witches everywhere.

I’m very sure that I have bleeped your useless olosho mother before based on say Na una trademark

Even the gra Benin has no single tarred road. All Edo youths i know are doomed forever
Your ancestors will weep when you arrive too early.

Mark this day.

For calling our Oba a thief, you will die premature death and your corpse will be use for experiment in a laboratory and then after wards thrown into a forest.

Your offspring if you have any already will wander the length and width of the Earth and will be rejected at every turn. Even if they continue living, poverty will never depart from their household till the seventh GENERATION. This I proclaim as a descendant of Aruan of Udo, the great warrior Prince of Igodomigodo and so shall it be.

Iseeeeeee!!!!!!
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sobasojek: 6:52pm On Nov 11, 2020
undecided
Creeza:
Your ancestors will weep when you arrive too early.

Mark this day.

For calling our Oba a thief, you will die premature death and your corpse will be use for experiment in a laboratory and then after wards thrown into a forest.

Your offspring if you have any already will wander the length and width of the Earth and will be rejected at every turn. Even if they continue living, poverty will never depart from their household till the seventh GENERATION. This I proclaim as a descendant of Aruan of Udo, the great warrior Prince of Igodomigodo and so shall it be.

Iseeeeeee!!!!!!
Hahaha e pain am die. Baby don’t cry baby don’t cry

Even though oba of Benin is a Yoruba man because we yorubas founded Benin. If you pass your lane, I’ll tell Sunday igboho to bring his ugly wretched for me and we will roast it here in Ibadan. Oloriburuku omo ofo o olofo didan alayebaje omo irankiran

Dead Edo state with poor ugly mofos everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Creeza(m): 6:57pm On Nov 11, 2020
Sobasojek:
undecided
Hahaha e pain am die. Baby don’t cry baby don’t cry

Even though oba of Benin is a Yoruba man because we yorubas founded Benin. If you pass your lane, I’ll tell Sunday igboho to bring his ugly wretched for me and we will roast it here in Ibadan. Oloriburuku omo ofo o olofo didan alayebaje omo irankiran

Dead Edo state with poor ugly mofos everywhere.
Edo state will be beautiful and glorious again when I become the governor but you wont be alive to see it.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sobasojek: 6:58pm On Nov 11, 2020
Creeza:
Edo state will be beautiful and glorious again when I become the governor but you wont be alive to see it.
Hahaha don’t cry okay. This is warning. Don’t start what you can’t finish because we from Ibadan no Dey run from fight or abuse. So warn yourself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Creeza(m): 7:15pm On Nov 11, 2020
Sobasojek:

Hahaha don’t cry okay. This is warning. Don’t start what you can’t finish because we from Ibadan no Dey run from fight or abuse. So warn yourself
See this slowpoke that joind nairaland last month is tutoring me. I dnt want to go into details of my ancestry but if you know the brevity of curse i proclaimed on your pathetic soul you will start running from post to pillar.
Like i said before your ancestors will weep when you arrive too early
Ogbane
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sobasojek: 7:16pm On Nov 11, 2020
Creeza:
See this slowpoke that joind nairaland last month is tutoring me. I dnt want to go into details of my ancestry but if you know the brevity of curse i proclaimed on your pathetic soul you will start running from post to pillar.
Like i said before your ancestors will weep when you arrive too early
Ogbane
E pain am. Kill yourself oloriburuku olofo didan omo arisunkun just like your ugly wretched oba of benin

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sirmuel1(m): 7:16pm On Nov 11, 2020
Donspicey:

Entering is not my problem bro.......

I said i want to bring dat villa down......

Asin i wan bomb Dat villa because of Bubu......

I can't have this discussion with you. Have a good evening! wink
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Donspicey: 7:20pm On Nov 11, 2020
Sirmuel1:

I can't have this discussion with you. Have a good evening! wink

Lolsssssss,,,,fear fear youth........

Make sure u get ur pvc so dat we can kick all dis old policitians out by 2023.....

We Need New Nigeria

The future is now.....

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by silverlinen(m): 8:36pm On Nov 11, 2020
Sobasojek
You're highly deluded
You're damn stupid and foolish
Your bleeped up ibadan land that is as old as old itself
Your ibadan that is filled with dilapidated buildings
We poor,no problem
But the poverty and dirtiness that runs in Yoruba blood is not to be talked about
You afonjas that can't be trusted in anything
And you dare open ur dirty mouth to talk bad about my OBA
A generational curse has been placed on your lineage for daring such
Even your so called ooni ain't as influencial as our OBA
BE WARNED

PEACE
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Asapchris(m): 8:49pm On Nov 11, 2020
EdoDefence:

Don't tell me my history, I will speak for my history, not you speaking for me.

Benin and Yoruba were never allies rather had the relationship of Master and Vassal relationship.

Don't come here to spew fake stories

IT'S NOT BY FORCE TO BE YORUBA undecided
Then you are bastard in Benin land.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Asapchris(m): 9:12pm On Nov 11, 2020
Alexis11:

Lol... Someone is trying to "educate" me about Ife /Modakeke crisis here lmao

Nairaland is really a funny place. grin

Fyi, Modakeke&Oyo were cut to size by the Ife warriors only. Ijesha/Ekiti warriors played no role whatsoever.

You are chatting with someone that witnessed the crisis from 1997 to 2000 in Ife.
bro you are very right and beside the war stopped for sometime to the extent that ile Ife have forgot that there is any war before Modakeke warriors invade Ile Ife. We are playing Ayo game on that morning when Modakeke started the war again around 1999. We really need history in this country.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sobasojek: 9:48pm On Nov 11, 2020
silverlinen:
Sobasojek
You're highly deluded
You're damn stupid and foolish
Your bleeped up ibadan land that is as old as old itself
Your ibadan that is filled with dilapidated buildings
We poor,no problem
But the poverty and dirtiness that runs in Yoruba blood is not to be talked about
You afonjas that can't be trusted in anything
And you dare open ur dirty mouth to talk bad about my OBA
A generational curse has been placed on your lineage for daring such
Even your so called ooni ain't as influencial as our OBA
BE WARNED

PEACE
Hahaha another pained poor useless Edo cultist
At least go to Ibadan today and see real changes
Ibadan has the best roads among southern cities in Nigeria
Ibadan has more modern areas than any southern city in Nigeria
Ibadan is growing with more modern areas, more gras
Ibadan after Lagos has the highest number of malls and supermarkets in Nigeria, you can make research
yourself

Ibadan after Lagos has the highest number of bars and clubs in Nigeria. More new roads are being built, 3 bus interchange are being built simultaneously as I’m speaking to you

Oyo state is progressing while Edo state is backward dead and unproductive

No single modern building in Edo state as at today

Even your dead gra Benin is filled with 14th century structures

3 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:59pm On Nov 11, 2020
Is that the Ooni's palace? grin

That place looks too ancient, rugged, and dirty.

Honestly, the infrastructure in Oyo (Ibadan) is so annoying. There's been little to no development over the years. See brown roofs everywhere!
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sobasojek: 10:00pm On Nov 11, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:
Is that the Ooni's palace? grin

That place looks too ancient, rugged, and dirty.

So, this is the palace that those over-bleached queens who pose on Instagram live with their vegetable Ooni husband?

Honestly, the infrastructure in Oyo (Ibadan) is so annoying. There's been little to no development over the years. See brown roofs everywhere!
Where did you see oyo(Ibadan). Or your eyes dey pain you

There are brown roofs all over Nigeria including dead enugu state as well

Besides this is ife which is ancient city not oyo(Ibadan) even though there are brown roofs in Oyo and Ibadan as well same as all states in Nigeria including your Abuja
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:01pm On Nov 11, 2020
Sobasojek:

Maybe. grin
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sobasojek: 10:04pm On Nov 11, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

Maybe. grin
Good because the picture here is ife which is different from oyo(Ibadan)

Incase you don’t know, there are brown roofs in Ibadan and it also has modern roof than anywhere in Nigeria except maybe Lagos
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:06pm On Nov 11, 2020
Sobasojek:

There are brown roofs all over Nigeria including dead enugu state as well

Besides this is ife which is ancient city not oyo(Ibadan) even though there are brown roofs in Oyo and Ibadan as well same as all states in Nigeria including your Abuja

Oyo and Ibadan have the leading population of brown roofs in Nigeria. How historic! grin

A must sight-see for my kids. cheesy
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sobasojek: 10:09pm On Nov 11, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

Oyo and Ibadan have the leading population of brown roofs in Nigeria. How historic! grin

A must sight-see for my kids. cheesy
Not oyo. Ibadan may have it because Ibadan was the talk of town 150 years ago and it’s the largest city by landmass

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order / Oluwo Of Iwo And Queen Firdaus Step Out Together For The First Time (Pics) / Nigerian Lady With Tribal Marks Almost Committed Suicide (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.