Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,986 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) (71972 Views)

Pictures Of The New Palace Of Olubadan Of Ibadan / Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] / Nigerian King With The Most Beautiful Palace In Africa Turns 91(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:12pm On Nov 11, 2020
Sobasojek:

Not oyo. Ibadan may have it because Ibadan was the talk of town 150 years ago and it’s the largest city by landmass

Maybe, I'm lost then. Or maybe I visited the wrong state.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sobasojek: 10:13pm On Nov 11, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

Maybe, I'm lost then. Or maybe I visited the wrong state.
Which state did you visit and where
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sirmuel1(m): 10:25pm On Nov 11, 2020
Donspicey:

Lolsssssss,,,,fear fear youth........

Make sure u get ur pvc so dat we can kick all dis old policitians out by 2023.....

We Need New Nigeria

The future is now.....

Me? Fear? I don't like talking too much. I believe in Action
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by evansjeff(m): 10:31pm On Nov 11, 2020
travelwaka:
1. The council of Elders place and the front view of the palace

I must admit The Yorubas have a rich history, beautiful tradition and a great story. I got to learn how the Ile Ife, Oyo, Benin Kingdom and other parts of the yoruba land became one

Whatever they fed you with in that palace, please know that BENIN KINGDOM IS NOT AND CAN NEVER BE PART OF YORUBA LAND.

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sobasojek: 10:31pm On Nov 11, 2020
evansjeff:

Whatever they fed you with in that palace, please know that BENIN KINGDOM IS NOT AND CAN NEVER BE PART OF YORUBA LAND.
Benin is part of yoruba land. Oba of Benin is a Yoruba man okay
Shut up and learn

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by evansjeff(m): 10:34pm On Nov 11, 2020
Sobasojek:

Hope you know ibadan alone can run down your 2 by 2 3 local governments Benin kingdom. So stop making mouth okay because Edo witches, prostitutes and armed robbers are too small for Ibadan alone talk of Oyo or the whole Yoruba race

So whatever stupid mouth you ugly poverty stricken mofos from wretched Edo state make, let it remain in your backward Edo state okay. Be warned before i send Sunday igboho to bring the head of your weak oba of Benin for me
Just imagine what a human is vomiting pit out of his mouth.. Exactly how people become unfortunate in life without even knowing the reason
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sobasojek: 10:36pm On Nov 11, 2020
evansjeff:

Just imagine what a human is vomiting pit out of his mouth.. Exactly how people become unfortunate in life without even knowing the reason
To plank your flat head with 2 by 2 Dey hungry me
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by evansjeff(m): 10:38pm On Nov 11, 2020
Sobasojek:

E pain am . You’re warned

Tell me if anything good has ever come out of your dead backward wretched poverty stricken Edo state. All Edo state indigenes I know are poor, wretched and ugly just like your foolish oloriburuku oba of Benin

A state known for armed robbery and prostitution
All your sisters and mothers even exported prostitution to Italy as well as cultism.

Edo state is known for dead s structures with everywhere looking like 16th century with poor roads, malnutrition and ackward looking witches everywhere.

I’m very sure that I have bleeped your useless olosho mother before based on say Na una trademark

Even the gra Benin has no single tarred road. All Edo youths i know are doomed forever

Mynd44

Lalasticlala

Seun
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sobasojek: 10:49pm On Nov 11, 2020
evansjeff:

Mynd44

Lalasticlala

Seun

E pain am. Elenu shipoti
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Creeza(m): 11:00pm On Nov 11, 2020
who the gods want to kill they first run mad. Im not surprised as you already replying every single comment on the thread.
Except its not great Udo blood running through my veins, may my words go forth and never stop without results!

aie z'omo obo, mu oria. it has never been done anywhere in Igueben land, it wont start today.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sobasojek: 6:33am On Nov 12, 2020
Creeza:
who the gods want to kill they first run mad. Im not surprised as you already replying every single comment on the thread.
Except its not great Udo blood running through my veins, may my words go forth and never stop without results!

aie z'omo obo, mu oria. it has never been done anywhere in Igueben land, it wont start today.
Typical Benin coward. Why can’t you quote me directly so I can see it on time

Incase you don’t know, we used part of small resources in Edo state to build cocoa house in Ibadan today but your coward fathers as mumu couldn’t do anything

Eleribu eleribuu eleribuuu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Torg77: 7:08am On Nov 12, 2020
travelwaka:
The Oba of Ife is the top in Hierachi in Yorubaland. according to Legend. One of his sons known as Oranmiyan, was sent to Igodogogo (Now Benin KIngdom) , he conquered the Kingdom and He became the first King of Benin. According to history, he was having issues with the people of Benin because they didn't like his style of rulership. So he made his son Eweka the ruler and left Benin for good.

On leaving Benin he settled at Oyo with his men, he became the first King of Oyo. He was a great warrior and he fought all through the South West all the way to Benin Republic , This is one of the reasons why Oyo Empire is so feared. Then after conquering all the major cities, he felt the need to go back home. He returned to Ile Ife with his army and he unseat the ruling King in a very peaceful manner. He told him he is back to take his fathers throne and he would appreciate if he moves elsewhere. LOL . The King had to move because Oranmiyan was a great warrior

Rubbish
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by EdoDefence: 11:49am On Nov 12, 2020
Asapchris:

Then you are bastard in Benin land.

Your father is who you're referring to cheesy
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by EdoDefence: 11:50am On Nov 12, 2020
marsman:
j
No reasonable person should mention this dude again he has nothing reasonable to contribute.

cheesy are you pained cheesy
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by EdoDefence: 11:52am On Nov 12, 2020
lordmans:

The truth is not every Edo person is a Bini person or from Bini Kingdom. If you're truly from the Bini kingdom forget your pride and ego and do take a trip home, then ask from the royals if there's any historical links between the yorubas and the Bini people. You will be shocked at what you will discover. The naratives these days is mere jostling for supremacy between the two. That's why each is claiming one came out of the other. If there's no link such stories won't come up. But who is trying to distort the story is another story.

Do you ever asked yourself why the Bini kingdom and every Yoruba king is addressed as Oba?

Oba means king, and all Yoruba kings are known as Oba but with a title like Alaafin, Ooni, Eleko(Lagos) etc while that of Benin is Onibini.

People of Bini royal blood truly understand the relationship of the two kingdoms, unfortunately it's might be beyond the comprehension of the enemies of this great nations. Take your time to dig and see what you will come up with.

That's for you, that is your history.
As far as I am concerned nothing concerns us and Yorubas cheesy
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by EdoDefence: 11:53am On Nov 12, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

Why are you angry?
He lied?
If course Benin is Benin or did he said otherwise?
That story he briefed is what I've also read about binis. Ile ibinu, ubini Which later transformed to bini.

You have to go and learn your history. He never marginalized Benin

That's for you and your people, Benin has no connection with Yorubas if you can take it locate the nearest lagoon cheesy
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by EdoDefence: 11:54am On Nov 12, 2020
Alexis11:

He said Yoruba and Benin had relationships and it is easy to understand because of proximity and boundaries. He never said Binis were Yorubas.

STOP TRYING TO FEEL IMPORTANT BY ALL MEANS.

I will feel important, if I am not important you won't try to align your people with mine cheesy

Edo no be Yoruba grin
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Alexis11: 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2020
EdoDefence:

I will feel important, if I am not important you won't try to align your people with mine cheesy

Edo no be Yoruba grin

In all honesty, you guys are not important to Yorubas in anyway. You are not even up to Ijebu by landmass or Ijesha in population or greater than Oyo in history. Yorubas will honourably delete any tie with you guys by the time your insults and hostilities grow in the nearest future. cool

And Yes, YORUBA CAN NEVER BE EDO. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by EdoDefence: 12:41pm On Nov 12, 2020
Alexis11:

In all honesty, you guys are not important to Yorubas in anyway. You are not even up to Ijebu by landmass or Ijesha in population or greater than Oyo in history. Yorubas will honourably delete any tie with you guys by the time your insults and hostilities grow in the nearest future. cool

And Yes,
YORUBA CAN NEVER BE EDO
. cheesy

Keep your land mass and over hyped population to yourself, Edo has no connection with Yorubas.

Afonja can never be ẸDO cheesy
ẸDO NO BE YORUBA
cheesy
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Edeyoung: 1:38pm On Nov 12, 2020
travelwaka:
Opposite the Palace is the Enuwa Square, once you see this place you know you are about to Enter the Royal palace

Enuwa Square has the statue of Oduduwa, the Progenitor of the Yoruba race. This place is dedicated to him.

Please Kindly follow me on Instagram - www.instagram.com/travelwaka_tours I will be giving out some free tours to some lucky winners.

Op remove benin from your topic, we aren't related to any yoruba stool,

Oromiyan coming to benin was a lie
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Edeyoung: 1:46pm On Nov 12, 2020
travelwaka:
The [s]Oba of Ife is the top in Hierachi in Yorubaland. according to Legend. One of his sons known as Oranmiyan, was sent to Igodogogo (Now Benin KIngdom) , he conquered the Kingdom and He became the first King of Benin. According to history, he was having issues with the people of Benin because they didn't like his style of rulership. So he made his son Eweka the ruler and left Benin for good.

On leaving Benin he settled at Oyo with his men, he became the first King of Oyo. He was a great warrior and he fought all through the South West all the way to Benin Republic , This is one of the reasons why Oyo Empire is so feared. Then after conquering all the major cities, he felt the need to go back home. He returned to Ile Ife with his army and he unseat the ruling King in a very peaceful manner. He told him he is back to take his fathers throne and he would appreciate if he moves elsewhere. LOL . The King had to move because Oranmiyan was a great warrior
[/s]

Stop the lie oromiyan never came to benin it was a lie told after d creation of nigeria to unite both cultures

That sculpture with a tail is a benin sculpture representing olokun and olokun is an indigenous edo worship tell the ooni to remove it from is door

Or pay appropriate deserve referencing to the owners

The first sculpture encircled on the ooni door depict the benin oba with two fishes at both sides of his legs , meaning the oba rule dominion over the sea

The second pictures depict the oba holding both a leopard and a panther the two greatest beast in the rain forest and two fishes at his feet

Meaning the oba has dominon oved the land and see

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Edeyoung: 1:56pm On Nov 12, 2020
travelwaka:
Please go and learn about history of the benin Kingdom and Yoruba Kingdom. They have been one strong ally , Nobody is causing any marginalization. I am only talking about history of their long term relationship and how it came to be

Yoruba and benin had connections

Not ife and benin or oyo and benin

That was staged
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Edeyoung: 2:04pm On Nov 12, 2020
lekki1444:
nigga keep quiet. yoruba and benin were allies. i am a product of a benin and yoruba merger in the 1600s when some members of the benin kingdom travelled to ikorodu and merged with the yoruba. till today in ikorodu there are two obas, one oba of benin extraction called the Olisa and then another of yoruba extraction but all the benin people of back then all bear yoruba names now. the commisioner for transport for lagos state Dr Fred Oladeinde and the CEO of polaris bank Dr Tokunbo Abiru are a product of that merger and these two are from ikorodu and have yoruba names now but their heritage is benin from the olisa faamily

We have relationships with other yorubas not ife or oyo

That what he is trying to say

The relationship with benin, oyo, ife was staged at the beginning of nigeria for political gains and nothing more

Lagos benin, had relationships
Lagoos, ekiti, some part of ogun, ondo, had relationships with benin

The others like, oyo and ife was a staged relationship
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Edeyoung: 2:11pm On Nov 12, 2020
mrugly:

Now, to start with. Oranmiyan didn't conquered Benin(since he didn't wage any war when he got there). The story is this: The Benins came to Oduduwa and asked him to be their king and Oduduwa refused but gave them Oranmiyan (his last son) to go and rule over them.

Why the Benins came all the way to Ile Ife to ask for king( Some of you might ask)? Well, I can't fully say as there are some stories too that emancipated from Benin Kingdom that Oduduwa's origin is from the Benin Kingdom and that he is part of the Ogizo dynasty (if I could recall the name) which translates to the SKY DYNASTY. Legend also says that he(Oranmiyan) was the one who gave them the name Benin because, AS THEY SAY when he got there, he discovered that there ways of life is full of wrath, so he called that place ILE IBINU which translates to the LAND OF WRATH. It is true that he left Benin in anger when he saw that he was unable to change their ways of living.

You mentioned about conquering every Kingdom in southwest, go through your history book again and check if he conquered the Ijebu Kingdom.

Benin and ife never happened bro, it was astaged mythical tales to unitr both kingdom for political gains
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sobasojek: 2:50pm On Nov 12, 2020
Edeyoung:

Benin and ife never happened bro, it was astaged mythical tales to unitr both kingdom for political gains
Oba of Benin is a Yoruba man

Jump into the lagoon if you don’t like it. Benin is part of oduduwa

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Edeyoung: 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

Oba of Benin is a Yoruba man

Jump into the lagoon if you don’t like it. Benin is part of oduduwa

Lol, who said

Lol

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sobasojek: 3:22pm On Nov 12, 2020
Edeyoung:

Lol, who said

Lol
So you expect me to believe pdf with no links or any reference?
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Edeyoung: 3:25pm On Nov 12, 2020
4ckyou:

d first ruler of Ife (Oduduwa) was d first son of
Ogiso Owodo by d name Ekaladerhan who wandered frm Udo town (capital
of ancient Aka Kingdom) to escape injustice, nd at d end arrived in
Ile-Ife where he was welcomed, acceptd nd finally made dia king. It
was probably as a result of divinity displayd in his personality dat
promptd d Yorubas ova whom he ruled to give him another name
"Oduduwa". Rememba dat d Yorubas believd Oduduwa migrated frm d "east"
to rule over them, nd Benin City is "east" Ile-Ife.
History of Benin Empire:-
The original people and founders of the Benin Empire, the Edo people,
were initially ruled by the Ogiso (Kings of the Sky) dynasty who
called their land Igodomigodo. The rulers or kings were commonly known
as Ogiso. Igodo, the first Ogiso, wielded much influence and gained
popularity as a good ruler. He died after a long reign and was
succeeded by Ere, his eldest son. In the 12th century, a great palace
intrigue and battle for power erupted between the warrior crown prince
Ekaladerhan son of the last Ogiso and his young paternal uncle. In
anger over an oracle, Prince Ekaladerhan left the royal court with his
warriors. When his old father the Ogiso died, the Ogiso dynasty was
ended as the people and royal kingmakers preferred their king's son as
natural next in line to rule.
The exiled Prince Ekaladerhan, who was not known in Yoruba land,
somehow earned the title of Oni Ile-fe Izoduwa which is now corrupt to
yoruba language as Ooni (Oghene) of Ile-Ife Oduduwa and refused to
return, then sent his son Oranmiyan to become king. Prince Oranmiyan
took up his abode in the palace built for him at Usama by the elders
(now a coronation shrine). Soon after his arrival he married a
beautiful lady, Erinmwinde, daughter of Osa-nego, was the ninth Enogie
(Duke) of Ego, by whom he had a son. After some years residence here
he called a meeting of the people and renounced his office, remarking
that the country was a land of vexation, Ile-Ibinu (by which name the
country was afterward known) and that only a child born, trained and
educated in the arts and mysteries of the land could reign over the
people. He caused his son born to him by Erinmwinde to be made King in
his place, and returned to Yoruba land Ile-Ife.

Benin - ife never happened

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Edeyoung: 3:26pm On Nov 12, 2020
lordmans:

The truth is not every Edo person is a Bini person or from Bini Kingdom. If you're truly from the Bini kingdom forget your pride and ego and do take a trip home, then ask from the royals if there's any historical links between the yorubas and the Bini people. You will be shocked at what you will discover. The naratives these days is mere jostling for supremacy between the two. That's why each is claiming one came out of the other. If there's no link such stories won't come up. But who is trying to distort the story is another story.

Do you ever asked yourself why the Bini kingdom and every Yoruba king is addressed as Oba?

Oba means king, and all Yoruba kings are known as Oba but with a title like Alaafin, Ooni, Eleko(Lagos) etc while that of Benin is Onibini.

People of Bini royal blood truly understand the relationship of the two kingdoms, unfortunately it's might be beyond the comprehension of the enemies of this great nations. Take your time to dig and see what you will come up with.

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Edeyoung: 3:55pm On Nov 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

So you expect me to believe pdf with no links or any reference?

Reconsideration of ife and benin by afc ryder
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Sobasojek: 3:59pm On Nov 12, 2020
Edeyoung:

Reconsideration of ife and benin by afc ryder
Benin was named by oranmiyan as ile ibinu and the first oba of Benin is a Yoruba man

That’s the fact
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Edeyoung: 4:23pm On Nov 12, 2020
Sobasojek:

Benin was named by oranmiyan as ile ibinu and the first oba of Benin is a Yoruba man

That’s the fact

Nah, itsekiri named benin ile binu oromiyan never existed in benin leave that political myth told by benin and ife to falsely unite both kingdom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order / Oluwo Of Iwo And Queen Firdaus Step Out Together For The First Time (Pics) / Nigerian Lady With Tribal Marks Almost Committed Suicide (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.