Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! (42833 Views)

Infection Wants To Kill Me Help! / My Addictions To Betting, Masturbation, Pepsi Will Soon Kill Me. I'm Sure! / Helpful Remedies For Fixing Bad Breath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by SeriouslySense(m): 9:38pm On Nov 11, 2020
I explored the possibility of food causes, someone mentioned metabolic activity, I really want to know what that means, but stumbled on this

GASTROESOPHAGEAL REFLUX DISEASE (GERD)
OVERVIEW
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) is a digestive disorder that occurs when acidic stomach juices, or food and fluids back up from the stomach into the esophagus. GERD affects people of all ages—from infants to older adults.

People with asthma are at higher risk of developing GERD. Asthma flare-ups can cause the lower esophageal sphincter to relax, allowing stomach contents to flow back, or reflux, into the esophagus. Some asthma medications (especially theophylline) may worsen reflux symptoms.

On the other hand, acid reflux can make asthma symptoms worse by irritating the airways and lungs. This, in turn, can lead to progressively more serious asthma. Also, this irritation can trigger allergic reactions and make the airways more sensitive to environmental conditions such as smoke or cold air.

SYMPTOMS & DIAGNOSIS
Symptoms
Everyone has experienced gastroesophageal reflux. It happens when you burp, have an acid taste in your mouth or have heartburn. However, if these symptoms interfere with your daily life it is time to see your physician.

Other symptoms that occur less frequently but can indicate that you could have GERD are:
• Acid regurgitation (retasting your food after eating)
• Difficulty or pain when swallowing
• Sudden excess of saliva
• Chronic sore throat
• Laryngitis or hoarseness
• Inflammation of the gums
• Cavities
• Bad breath
• Chest pain (seek immediate medical help)

grin grin grin grin grin I know its a stretch, but i learnt something, especially this "Sudden excess of saliva".
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by banmee(m): 9:38pm On Nov 11, 2020
Sometimes, what and when you eat can affect bad breadth. Drinking plenty of water can help prevent mouth odor. When you don't eat or drink something for a lengthy period of time your mouth will definitely stink. This is why always having gum or a piece of fruit handy helps a lot. Lastly, always floss before going to bed. You'd be surprised how nasty your mouth gets when you leave remnants of food stuck in your teeth. Brushing your teeth everyday is not enough. Especially in a country like Nigeria where it's citizens hardly ever go to the dentist for annual check ups.
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by Thereishel: 9:40pm On Nov 11, 2020
BadBreathBoy:
This guy called bad breath have haunted me all the way from primary school down to secondary and even to my university level.

I am still a young 19 years old guy at the peak of youthfulness but this guy is just ruining everything for me.
My self-esteem, public speaking skills, social life, confidence, in fact, everything has been smashed with a sledgehammer right in my face.
I have turned into an introvert because of this bad sickness but will cover it up with "Money on my mind" shït.

I have tried everything possible guys.
Below are kinds of stuff that I have tried and it is not working.

1. Visiting a dentist.
6 months ago, I took all the money I had to go over to the dentist in search of a solution. Had to wait for hours before getting attended to.
When the doctor came in, she first started with some words of encouragement.

Telling me I might not have bad breath and all, people might be thinking they have it but don't blah blah blah.
(So me that have bad breath I don't know what I am saying right?)
After much talk, she recommended flossing and cleaning.
That exercise where water passing through a tiny hole at high speeds is used to remove plaque from in between your teeth.
I had to shell out a whopping 4k for that plus the extra card of 500.
All the money I saved was gone just like that.
It didn't work!!! Bad breath still held me down.

2. Brushing twice a day. I did this for 1 week straight up without any improvement relative to the hard work put in. So I became less consistent with this. Toothpaste I have tried includes, Oral B, MyMy, Maclean, Close up, name it. Didn't work.

3. Garlic and ginger. Some persons here on Nairaland recommend that ginger and garlic can be used to drive off bad breath. The prescription was to swallow it whole before going to bed at night then brush in the morning to remove the after-effects.
I tried this for one week. Didn't work.

4. Mouthwash: I have wasted more than 4k in buying mouthwash but these things are just 2 hours wonder from the moment of application.
I get fresh breath for the time being but after like 3 to 4 hours, the bad breath keeps on coming back. Still didn't work.

5. Hydrogen peroxide: Someone also recommended I use this to chase bad breath.
It also works for sometime after which bad breath comes back. I even tried to dilute less than normal for maximum effects but the only thing I got was an irritating burn on my tongue. I am so not using this guy again!

6. Walnut: Some said walnut could be my Savior so I had to buy them in large quantity to chew but it didn't have long-term effects.
So I ditched it. I don't have money to waste as I am still a student.

7. Chewing a combination of bitter leaf, scent leaf, and guava leaves: Out of intuition, I decided to try this combination. My common sense inferred that since it was bitter, it should probably have some effects on the bacteria in my mouth. But alas! Bad breath wasn't even impressed one bit. I even had to stuff them in my pocket and chew on them while going to class. This was a big flop.
Didn't work at all.

8. Agnes Nwamma Herbal powder: I don't know what to say about this one, because it was even better that I just didn't brush for that day. Very useless in fighting off bad breath.

The funny thing that leaves my jaw-dropping is that my dad doesn't even brush, he uses a chewing stick but still has a very fresh breath than I that used mouthwash, baking powder, toothpaste and still chew the chewing stick to top that.

9. Chewing gum like Clorets, Methos: I have to be frank about these gums, they kind of aggravates the bad breath. They are simply applying salt to injury so I just stopped using them altogether.

Pls Nairalanders, help me out here. There have been lots of people who found a solution to their problem on here, so I doubt mine will be different.
Pls, I need something else to try that will not dig a hole in my pocket as I am still trying to stand on my feet.
I need a permanent solution not 3 hours wonder.

Lala pls push to the front page so I can get a large set of solutions to fight this off.

I don't want to resume school like this.
I am tired, I am weak, disheveled, exhausted, dejected, depressed, anguished, melancholic, in fact, I have tayad like this.

My confidence and esteem have been crushed by bad breath. Shyness, inability to have streamlined chat with people, playing deaf and dumb, using hand signals whilst communicating, smiling like a peacock when my opinion is required, staying away from girls, snubbing people, rejecting positions that have me talk to a crowd has taken over!!

Pls, abeg, mbok, biko, I need a solution.
A permanent one at that.

To me it is a spiritual problem. Go to deeper life bible church near you accept Jesus and trust me your problem would vanish into thin air.
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by Mims2016(m): 9:41pm On Nov 11, 2020
You may have an underlying health issue which is responsible for the bad breadth. Consult an ENT doctor in any teaching hospital as soon as you can.

BadBreathBoy:
This guy called bad breath have haunted me all the way from primary school down to secondary and even to my university level.

I am still a young 19 years old guy at the peak of youthfulness but this guy is just ruining everything for me.
My self-esteem, public speaking skills, social life, confidence, in fact, everything has been smashed with a sledgehammer right in my face.
I have turned into an introvert because of this bad sickness but will cover it up with "Money on my mind" shït.

1. Visiting a dentist.
6 months ago, I took all the money I had to go over to the dentist in search of a solution. Had to wait for hours before getting attended to.

Telling me I might not have bad breath and all, people might be thinking they have it but don't blah blah blah.
That exercise where water passing through a tiny hole at high speeds is used to remove plaque from in between your teeth.

2. Brushing twice a day. I did this for 1 week straight up without any improvement relative to the hard work put in. So I became less consistent with this. Toothpaste I have tried includes, Oral B, MyMy, Maclean, Close up, name it. Didn't work.

3. Garlic and ginger. Some persons here on Nairaland recommend that ginger and garlic can be used to drive off bad breath. The prescription was to swallow it whole before going to bed at night then brush in the morning to remove the after-effects.

4. Mouthwash: I have wasted more than 4k in buying mouthwash but these things are just 2 hours wonder from the moment of application.
I get fresh breath for the time being but after like 3 to 4 hours, the bad breath keeps on coming back. Still didn't work.

It also works for sometime after which bad breath comes back. I even tried to dilute less than normal for maximum effects but the only thing I got was an irritating burn on my tongue. I am so not using this guy again!

6. Walnut: Some said walnut could be my Savior so I had to buy them in large quantity to chew but it didn't have long-term effects.

7. Chewing a combination of bitter leaf, scent leaf, and guava leaves: Out of intuition, I decided to try this combination. My common sense inferred that since it was bitter, it should probably have some effects on the bacteria in my mouth. But alas! Bad breath wasn't even impressed one bit. I even had to stuff them in my pocket and chew on them while going to class. This was a big flop.
Didn't work at all.

8. Agnes Nwamma Herbal powder: I don't know what to say about this one, because it was even better that I just didn't brush for that day. Very useless in fighting off bad breath.

The funny thing that leaves my jaw-dropping is that my dad doesn't even brush, he uses a chewing stick but still has a very fresh breath than I that used mouthwash, baking powder, toothpaste and still chew the chewing stick to top that.

9. Chewing gum like Clorets, Methos: I have to be frank about these gums, they kind of aggravates the bad breath. They are simply applying salt to injury so I just stopped using them altogether.

Pls Nairalanders, help me out here. There have been lots of people who found a solution to their problem on here, so I doubt mine will be different.
Pls, I need something else to try that will not dig a hole in my pocket as I am still trying to stand on my feet.

Lala pls push to the front page so I can get a large set of solutions to fight this off.

I am tired, I am weak, disheveled, exhausted, dejected, depressed, anguished, melancholic, in fact, I have tayad like this.

My confidence and esteem have been crushed by bad breath. Shyness, inability to have streamlined chat with people, playing deaf and dumb, using hand signals whilst communicating, smiling like a peacock when my opinion is required, staying away from girls, snubbing people, rejecting positions that have me talk to a crowd has taken over!!

A permanent one at that.
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by GambaOsaka: 9:41pm On Nov 11, 2020
BadBreathBoy:

1. Visiting a dentist.

Didn't work at all.

A permanent one at that.

I have a solution.
Its called AJASE POKIPOKI TI ALHAJI AGBA.
You can get it from these guys that hawk local herbs in some dirty old kabukabu with loud speaker on them.
Come back and share your testimony.

Enjoy
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by Danger1000(m): 9:41pm On Nov 11, 2020
mariahAngel:
The problem is not just in your mouth, it stems from your guts.
Answer these questions:

Do you drink enough water?
Do you eat fruits?
Do you eat foods with a lot of fiber?
You're right. You could do what is written here Op and change your toothpaste to pepsodent triple action .

1 Like

Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by cliqtips: 9:44pm On Nov 11, 2020
to you, this your comment is funny, right ?

RedScorpion:
I can even perceive the odour from your mouth here......... Jeez

The whole of Nairaland must be stinking by now

You really need help...... Mouth doctors please come and handle this situation.

2 Likes

Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by Danger1000(m): 9:45pm On Nov 11, 2020
BadBreathBoy:

1. Visiting a dentist.

Didn't work at all.

A permanent one at that.

Change your Toothpaste to Pepsodent Triple Action
Brush before you sleep, then after eating breakfast again you brush. And Iastly ,always stay hydrated .drink enough water regularly
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by fredpaul: 9:45pm On Nov 11, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

I was about to say the same thing. He may be suffering from Tonsilloliths. That thing stinks like hell. I spat out a lot of tonsil stones as a kid.
I tell you, It smells so bad. I am glad i now have fresh breath.

1 Like

Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by JennyOfOldstones(f): 9:46pm On Nov 11, 2020
BadBreathBoy:

Hmmm. But I already did the swallowing aspect but didn't work.
I am really concerned about the after effects in the morning due it.
Won't this be counter remedial?

Thanks for your inputs sir.
Will definitely try it again, will also keep a record of the days I did it for accountability purposes.
Don't listen to anyone that advices you to eat garlic of all things. Garlic is notorious for causing bad breath. Maybe you have tonsil stones, they can cause bad breath too

1 Like

Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by TheSociopath(m): 9:46pm On Nov 11, 2020
Scrub your tongue with all your might.... that's if it's not a medical condition
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by Erkhalifa(m): 9:46pm On Nov 11, 2020
Am a victim of this bad breaths too bro...
Mine started when I was in JSS2, I couldn't talk to anybody, if I talk, some of my colleagues who am talking to will say "What's smelling like decay egg", using that statement, I know am the one they are talking to. I have a very close friend then called Gabriel Stanley, he was more than just an ordinary friend.
Fast forward to SS1, Stanley called me one day, and he told me that "Bro, I can't lie to you, cause you are my friend, you got a bad breath right from Jss2". I told him, I have tried many possible solution to that but the bad breath ain't just going.
After the day I and Stanley talked, I decided to talk to my class captain (Joyce, pretty fair Igbo girl) just talking about relationship stuff, all of a sudden, the bad breath started, I tried stop talking to the girl before she notice the bad smell but unfortunately for me, she discovered that and she told me "Your mouth is smelling ". I felt so bad and that very day, was like am a big loser .... I decided Googling on bad breath, along the line I discovered the bad breath is called POST NASAL DRIP caused by blockage of the nose by some particles...
Fast forward to SS3, I tried many home made remedies for my Post Nasal Drip, Omo, to no avail, I was tired and weak, the only person I could talk to fluently is Stanley cause that's the only man that understand my predicament.. Through out my secondary life (both junior and senior secondary school) , I lived with bad breath.. I finished school in 2017 with bad breath and 2018 too, I was still experiencing bad breath from January -July of 2018 was far worse, the bad breath was coming steadily, I decided to leave where I was staying (Igando, living with my elder brother then) I move to Ajegunle around August of 2018, I started living my life but I was conscious of my bad breath....
A week gone in Ajegunle I didn't experience bad breath, I told myself ("The bad breath still pity me small) , Months gone again, I didn't experience bad breath...
I can't tell you I use home made remedies or recommendation from a doctor to cure my POST NASAL DRIP. To me, it's still a miracle that I can't explain bro.. The bad breath left me with out using anything...
Right now, anything like POST NASAL DRIP is a once upon a time story...
I was once in your shoe more than 5years of bad breath but I thank God nothing of such again
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by clefstone(m): 9:47pm On Nov 11, 2020
BadBreathBoy:

I carried out basic test to ascertain if it was or wasn't bad breath, taking cognizance that it could all be in my head so I had to be super sure about it.
Every diy test I took came out positive.
has any close relative told you that you have frequent bad breath?

1 Like

Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by navzla(m): 9:50pm On Nov 11, 2020
BadBreathBoy:

1. Visiting a dentist.

Didn't work at all.

A permanent one at that.
Bitter cola will do a lot of help.
I have another remedy as well
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by BadBreathBoy: 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2020
Father4all:
Talk to me on WhatsApp brother. I have permanent solutions for you. 0/8/03/2/2/4/5/0/1/7

It would be more interesting and amazing if you would drop your solution here, so as to ensure that peeps go are conversant with it add a thing or two to the solution you proferred.

Don't you agree with me?

3 Likes

Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by Helju: 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2020
Drink water often. Include green tea (if you can afford it).
Chew on 2 or 3 cloves intermittently through the day.
You mentioned a couple of things that worked for up to 3 or 4 hours, why don't you repeat them just before the effectiveness expires.
Treating halitosis is a marathon not a sprint so giving up on remedies after one week is not the way to go. Keep repeating any remedy that gives the slightest respite. Good luck.
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by PotatoSalad(m): 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2020
BadBreathBoy:

1. Visiting a dentist.

Didn't work at all.

A permanent one at that.
Check inside your mouth for tonsil stones. They are one of the main causes of bad breath.
Remove them
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by BadBreathBoy: 9:53pm On Nov 11, 2020
sonofthunder:

Please describe how you brush your mouth.

First start off with the incisors, making few strokes up and down. Ensuring to get the in-between of the teeth.
Then over to the canines and repeat the same up and down strokes both inside and outside.
Same goes for the premolars and molars.
I will then proceed to scrap off the tongue, coming from the back of the tongue down to the tip. I do this a few times gently to avoid iritating the tongue.(Mine is quite sensitive, it bleeds easily)
Finally, washes off with clean water.

Was I doing it all wrong, doc?

But i still got say that no matter
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by Bibi2222(f): 9:54pm On Nov 11, 2020
Always drink -Apple cider vinegar,it can help cure bad breath
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by Oludara202: 9:55pm On Nov 11, 2020
BadBreathBoy:

1. Visiting a dentist.

Didn't work at all.

A permanent one at that.

Are you lactose intolerant? Has anyone told you that
Have you monitored your breath with respect to particular foods like onion rich foods, beans, milo, milk, scent leave, mayonnaise, oil bean ,very sweet fruits etc

What type of toothpaste do you use ? High fluoride Toothpaste should be used

Going forward , there are things you must know :
While brushing ensure you get the brush to the back of your tongue because the bad breath mostly builds up from there not just within the teeth.

Ensure you floss vigorously with water after every meal, especially sweet foods.

Drink so much water, about 4 liters daily .

Ensure you drink about 1 liter of warm water every morning before eating .

The bitter leaf you mentioned earlier is good, if possible learn to chew it or probably make bitter leaf soup a favorite. Or possibly bitter leaf juice .

Stay away from alcohol entirely , beverages and coffee

Chew little or no nuts at all .

Don’t eat dinner beyond 730pm , for easy digestion, because indigestion is likely part of your issues.

Finally, just learn to manage your situation, you might be battling excessive gas or stomach acid .

2 Likes

Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by lasmile(f): 9:56pm On Nov 11, 2020
Pls detoxify yourself well by drinking green tea or turmeric tea.
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by ojonugba2014(m): 9:58pm On Nov 11, 2020
Your case no be ordinary. Go in prayer or traditional way and thank me later
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by Tosin9119: 9:58pm On Nov 11, 2020
So sorry about what you are going through. Are you aware it is the tongue that really smells not really the teeth. Try to wash your tongue very well after brushing your teeth. Change you toothpaste to euthymol toothpaste and Listerine mouthwash. These two really help to reduce bad breath drastically. All in all, try to wash your tongue very well after brushing your teeth. It is the tongue that smells. Good luck
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by okonyia(m): 9:58pm On Nov 11, 2020
Mpele, it is well. Just take heart. It is bacteria, but the cause is the food you eat. You have to be mindful of what you eat. And I will advise you have to do stomach cleansing. Purge yourself, and make sure you brush three times a day
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by Erkhalifa(m): 9:58pm On Nov 11, 2020
mariahAngel:
The problem is not just in your mouth, it stems from your guts.
Answer these questions:

Do you drink enough water?
Do you eat fruits?
Do you eat foods with a lot of fiber?
I guess you don't know what it's all about...
Read more on POST NASAL DRIP!
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by JennyOfOldstones(f): 9:59pm On Nov 11, 2020
Akamariner:

I don't know about bad breath, but there is this thing i've always notices comes out of my throat a few time, it is somehow yellowish in color and like a fat, it doesn't smells while there, but once it comes out into my mouth, and i take it closer to my nose or crush it, it smells horibly.

That usually happens when i don't open my mouth for a long time, cause i'm always busy on my system. sometimes, i squeeze my throat to bring out the rest, once one is out.

It never causes me any bad breath, just a regular cleanup, but i do think it may be a cause of bad breath, try squeezing your throath against each other regularly, to see if anything will come out from it, i hope that works.
You have tonsil stones
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by BadBreathBoy: 10:00pm On Nov 11, 2020
GambaOsaka:

I have a solution.
Its called AJASE POKIPOKI TI ALHAJI AGBA.
You can get it from these guys that hawk local herbs in some dirty old kabukabu with loud speaker on them.
Come back and share your testimony.

Enjoy

All these sounds foreign to me.
What is kabukabu??
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by bellotaofeek: 10:03pm On Nov 11, 2020
Bros problem no dey finish. Buy correct toothpaste and brush regularly. Forget the rest and have fun wink
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by RedScorpion(f): 10:05pm On Nov 11, 2020
Warmth:
You must really be a slowpoke, this stupid boy.

Shut up your gutter mouth......
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by newmoney133: 10:05pm On Nov 11, 2020
Try and get long rich toothpaste.brush twice daily and concentrate on your tongue.
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by RedScorpion(f): 10:07pm On Nov 11, 2020
omoadeleye:

Maybe you have body odour

Thesame body odour you came to life with
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 11, 2020
JennyOfOldstones:
You have tonsil stones

Someone else pointed that out, but it's been a while i last experience that, probably due to a change in feeding.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Staff Of EEDC Electrocuted During Illegal Operation In Onitsha (Graphic Photos) / Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? / 23 Benefits Of Lemon Water You Should Never Miss!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.