Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,181 members, 7,957,412 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:13 PM

Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! (43991 Views)

Infection Wants To Kill Me Help! / My Addictions To Betting, Masturbation, Pepsi Will Soon Kill Me. I'm Sure! / Helpful Remedies For Fixing Bad Breath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by Frankiecrenshaw: 9:16pm On Nov 11, 2020
BadBreathBoy:

Do you drink enough water?

I have once drank 150cl of eva water at a stretch. I also do move about with pure water satchet.

Do you eat fruits?

Fruits are kind of expensive and ears a lot to my school pocket money.
1 small apple sells at 100 bucks.
1 big apple at 150.
1 apple at 100 * Once daily * 7 days a week = 700 bucks.

When I have handouts to buy?
I am left with two options, eat fruits and stay hungry for the week or leave fruits and eat better heavy food to last for the weekend...

Do I still need to tell you which one I chose?

Do you eat foods with a lot of fiber?

I do when I see them.
damnn. Your solution is near my G.. fear not. Your confidence will be Back to Normal soon.
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:16pm On Nov 11, 2020
Akamariner:

Someone suggested it may be the remains of regurrigated food, which i confirmed.
But bad breath? I never had any sign of that, it has even been a long while now i experienced it, cause i eat less these days, drink more of water and consume a lot of sugar/glucose. Less of fat or carbohydtrate.

If they are not detected after some time, they cause bad breath. Thankfully, you spat out yours.
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by yungpowers(m): 9:16pm On Nov 11, 2020
I may not know much because I am not a medical practitioner but I need you
to Google very deeply about TONSILITIS OR TONSIL STONES

I recommend you to study this because sugar (chewing gum, minerals malt etc) agrevate it.
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by qrymz(m): 9:17pm On Nov 11, 2020
I have a feeling you brush your teeth only and not your tongue. Most bad breathe actually generates on the tongue so try brushing your tongue as much as you concentrate on the teeth.

BadBreathBoy:
This guy called bad breath have haunted me all the way from primary school down to secondary and even to my university level.

I am still a young 19 years old guy at the peak of youthfulness but this guy is just ruining everything for me.
My self-esteem, public speaking skills, social life, confidence, in fact, everything has been smashed with a sledgehammer right in my face.
I have turned into an introvert because of this bad sickness but will cover it up with "Money on my mind" shït.

I have tried everything possible guys.
Below are kinds of stuff that I have tried and it is not working.

1. Visiting a dentist.
6 months ago, I took all the money I had to go over to the dentist in search of a solution. Had to wait for hours before getting attended to.
When the doctor came in, she first started with some words of encouragement.

Telling me I might not have bad breath and all, people might be thinking they have it but don't blah blah blah.
(So me that have bad breath I don't know what I am saying right?)
After much talk, she recommended flossing and cleaning.
That exercise where water passing through a tiny hole at high speeds is used to remove plaque from in between your teeth.
I had to shell out a whopping 4k for that plus the extra card of 500.
All the money I saved was gone just like that.
It didn't work!!! Bad breath still held me down.

2. Brushing twice a day. I did this for 1 week straight up without any improvement relative to the hard work put in. So I became less consistent with this. Toothpaste I have tried includes, Oral B, MyMy, Maclean, Close up, name it. Didn't work.

3. Garlic and ginger. Some persons here on Nairaland recommend that ginger and garlic can be used to drive off bad breath. The prescription was to swallow it whole before going to bed at night then brush in the morning to remove the after-effects.
I tried this for one week. Didn't work.

4. Mouthwash: I have wasted more than 4k in buying mouthwash but these things are just 2 hours wonder from the moment of application.
I get fresh breath for the time being but after like 3 to 4 hours, the bad breath keeps on coming back. Still didn't work.

5. Hydrogen peroxide: Someone also recommended I use this to chase bad breath.
It also works for sometime after which bad breath comes back. I even tried to dilute less than normal for maximum effects but the only thing I got was an irritating burn on my tongue. I am so not using this guy again!

6. Walnut: Some said walnut could be my Savior so I had to buy them in large quantity to chew but it didn't have long-term effects.
So I ditched it. I don't have money to waste as I am still a student.

7. Chewing a combination of bitter leaf, scent leaf, and guava leaves: Out of intuition, I decided to try this combination. My common sense inferred that since it was bitter, it should probably have some effects on the bacteria in my mouth. But alas! Bad breath wasn't even impressed one bit. I even had to stuff them in my pocket and chew on them while going to class. This was a big flop.
Didn't work at all.

8. Agnes Nwamma Herbal powder: I don't know what to say about this one, because it was even better that I just didn't brush for that day. Very useless in fighting off bad breath.

The funny thing that leaves my jaw-dropping is that my dad doesn't even brush, he uses a chewing stick but still has a very fresh breath than I that used mouthwash, baking powder, toothpaste and still chew the chewing stick to top that.

9. Chewing gum like Clorets, Methos: I have to be frank about these gums, they kind of aggravates the bad breath. They are simply applying salt to injury so I just stopped using them altogether.

Pls Nairalanders, help me out here. There have been lots of people who found a solution to their problem on here, so I doubt mine will be different.
Pls, I need something else to try that will not dig a hole in my pocket as I am still trying to stand on my feet.
I need a permanent solution not 3 hours wonder.

Lala pls push to the front page so I can get a large set of solutions to fight this off.

I don't want to resume school like this.
I am tired, I am weak, disheveled, exhausted, dejected, depressed, anguished, melancholic, in fact, I have tayad like this.

My confidence and esteem have been crushed by bad breath. Shyness, inability to have streamlined chat with people, playing deaf and dumb, using hand signals whilst communicating, smiling like a peacock when my opinion is required, staying away from girls, snubbing people, rejecting positions that have me talk to a crowd has taken over!!

Pls, abeg, mbok, biko, I need a solution.
A permanent one at that.
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by BadBreathBoy: 9:19pm On Nov 11, 2020
Praktikals:

This may look too simple, but if you do it, you will come back here to share a testimony. sebi you know normal cooking charcoal. chew a small piece. keep it in your for about 5 minutes, spit it out, then brush your mouth as you would normally do.

Okay. Will try this even though I do use charcoal to clean my teeth at times.

Will report back if I see any significant change.

1 Like

Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by EndRape2(f): 9:20pm On Nov 11, 2020
U not ready for change, u said you tried for only one week it did not work,
I see reason for the bad breath

U are supposed to be brushing 2, all your life, not trying it for a week and stoping, it is not magic, bad breath that came after much negligence over the years, is what you intend to do and cure within just a week, no nah.

U need work for long to get results.

quote author=BadBreathBoy post=95934125]This guy called bad breath have haunted me all the way from primary school down to secondary and even to my university level.

I am still a young 19 years old guy at the peak of youthfulness but this guy is just ruining everything for me.
My self-esteem, public speaking skills, social life, confidence, in fact, everything has been smashed with a sledgehammer right in my face.
I have turned into an introvert because of this bad sickness but will cover it up with "Money on my mind" shït.

1. Visiting a dentist.
6 months ago, I took all the money I had to go over to the dentist in search of a solution. Had to wait for hours before getting attended to.

Telling me I might not have bad breath and all, people might be thinking they have it but don't blah blah blah.
That exercise where water passing through a tiny hole at high speeds is used to remove plaque from in between your teeth.

2. Brushing twice a day. I did this for 1 week straight up without any improvement relative to the hard work put in. So I became less consistent with this. Toothpaste I have tried includes, Oral B, MyMy, Maclean, Close up, name it. Didn't work.

3. Garlic and ginger. Some persons here on Nairaland recommend that ginger and garlic can be used to drive off bad breath. The prescription was to swallow it whole before going to bed at night then brush in the morning to remove the after-effects.

4. Mouthwash: I have wasted more than 4k in buying mouthwash but these things are just 2 hours wonder from the moment of application.
I get fresh breath for the time being but after like 3 to 4 hours, the bad breath keeps on coming back. Still didn't work.

It also works for sometime after which bad breath comes back. I even tried to dilute less than normal for maximum effects but the only thing I got was an irritating burn on my tongue. I am so not using this guy again!

6. Walnut: Some said walnut could be my Savior so I had to buy them in large quantity to chew but it didn't have long-term effects.

7. Chewing a combination of bitter leaf, scent leaf, and guava leaves: Out of intuition, I decided to try this combination. My common sense inferred that since it was bitter, it should probably have some effects on the bacteria in my mouth. But alas! Bad breath wasn't even impressed one bit. I even had to stuff them in my pocket and chew on them while going to class. This was a big flop.
Didn't work at all.

8. Agnes Nwamma Herbal powder: I don't know what to say about this one, because it was even better that I just didn't brush for that day. Very useless in fighting off bad breath.

The funny thing that leaves my jaw-dropping is that my dad doesn't even brush, he uses a chewing stick but still has a very fresh breath than I that used mouthwash, baking powder, toothpaste and still chew the chewing stick to top that.

9. Chewing gum like Clorets, Methos: I have to be frank about these gums, they kind of aggravates the bad breath. They are simply applying salt to injury so I just stopped using them altogether.

Pls Nairalanders, help me out here. There have been lots of people who found a solution to their problem on here, so I doubt mine will be different.
Pls, I need something else to try that will not dig a hole in my pocket as I am still trying to stand on my feet.

Lala pls push to the front page so I can get a large set of solutions to fight this off.

I am tired, I am weak, disheveled, exhausted, dejected, depressed, anguished, melancholic, in fact, I have tayad like this.

My confidence and esteem have been crushed by bad breath. Shyness, inability to have streamlined chat with people, playing deaf and dumb, using hand signals whilst communicating, smiling like a peacock when my opinion is required, staying away from girls, snubbing people, rejecting positions that have me talk to a crowd has taken over!!

A permanent one at that.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 11, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

If they are not detected after some time, they cause bad breath. Thankfully, you spat out yours.

My thought initially, that was why i gave the advice, mine usually came out on it own accord, i will just notice it on my tongue, then force out the rest.

I guess it was as a result of my choice of food and eating habit, cause it's been a very long while i last experience it. Thanks for your observation and inputs.
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by muscdoh: 9:20pm On Nov 11, 2020
My guy try norland herbal paste is quiet expensive but it will stop bad breath after 6 months. I will advise you go for dental mouth wash before you begin to use the NORLAND
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by OKOATA(m): 9:21pm On Nov 11, 2020
BadBreathBoy:
This guy called bad breath have haunted me all the way from primary school down to secondary and even to my university level.

1. Visiting a dentist.

Didn't work at all.

A permanent one at that.
Go through some of my thread on meditation, how to use the power of your mind to heal yourself of any disease, sickness, imagine yourself engulfed in the light of the sun, continually tell yourself each day that your healed, imagine yourself turning pure white like an angel, visualize billions of white blood cells crushing this bad breath and imagine it getting destroyed. I know my comment might sound stupid.. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by iRepNaija1: 9:21pm On Nov 11, 2020
BadBreathBoy:

1. Visiting a dentist.

Didn't work at all.

A permanent one at that.

You need to brush your tongue. Get a tongue scraper or brush.
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by LOKOLESCO(m): 9:22pm On Nov 11, 2020
ground charcoal and used the powder to wash your mouth,use it for seven days and see the wonder.thank me later.
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by Hollusilva28(m): 9:23pm On Nov 11, 2020
buy white vitamin c drugs and take 2 a day. your body need to fight bacteria.
That's one of my secret to keep fresh breath
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by chukwuibuipob: 9:23pm On Nov 11, 2020
officialfestus:
must you comment?
Dnt mind d kid that wear 1 boxer for 1 week
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by BadBreathBoy: 9:24pm On Nov 11, 2020
Banabaz:
Well this might shock you.

If you masturbate pls stop.

I had bad breath for years,my teeth was decaying,my gums were receding.
It always feels like there's some dead decaying substance coming from within me.
This dented my esteem,made me reserved until I came across a thread on nairaland about quitting masturbation.
From the comments I realised my problems were linked to mastubation addiction.

I started working on quitting masturbation last year and I have gone a year+ now without masturbation.
Guess what? my bad breath has stopped. I can even go days without brush and still have fresh breath.
My gums have healed too.

Pls if you masturbate stop to allow your system heal.

Masturbation alters body mechanism,deteriorates the system.

Badbreathboy

No I don't. And how does masturbation relate to bad breath??
Going by your logic, it will be safe to conclude that sex also causes bad breath.

So how on earth is that possible??

1 Like

Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by Benwallt(m): 9:25pm On Nov 11, 2020
Bad breath is a permanent thing just learn to live with it. I am in your shoe but I don't care. My sister once told me that my mouth smells like shit. I kept my cool n humble myself because I knew she told me the truth.
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by debbychuks: 9:26pm On Nov 11, 2020
I can understand how you feel really , I would have advised you visit another dentist but since you said your a student and running low on cash, you should
1) research about the condition properly, learn what causes it and how to avoid them
2) use a good tooth paste maybe herbal tooth paste.
3) brush twice daily, concentrating on your tongue and under your tongue too.
4) drink more water and make sure to drink lots of water after eating ND possibly brush after eating
5) avoid foods made with plenty onions
6) mostly importantly, you should take ginger, lemon and garlic too, you boil all of them together and drink when it's warm, maybe twice a day, first thing in the morning and before going to bed.
7) avoid late night foods
cool since you said the mouth wash works for like 3 hours, I think you should maybe pour some into a small bottle you can carry around and use it occasionally when you can while your out.
9) then take lots of fruits, cucumbers, water melons, pine apples.
10) daily floss too.
I hope it gets better.
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by BadBreathBoy: 9:27pm On Nov 11, 2020
DarkJeddi:
Don't take any garlic or onions as some are proposing,these are known sources of bad breath..
Being a Dentist,I might be able to offer some inputs on the problem..
How did you come to know that you have bad breath?

I carried out a few necessary test as outlined in an article I read online.
1. Licking your wrist and smelling it.
2. Forming a cup with you hands and exhaling to it.
3. Feeling other people's reaction when you talk.
4. Coatings on the tongue and so on.
Evey test I tried came out positive.
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by Praktikals(m): 9:27pm On Nov 11, 2020
BadBreathBoy:

Okay. Will try this even though I do use charcoal to clean my teeth at times.
Pls do
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by jrusky(m): 9:28pm On Nov 11, 2020
Malawian:
Your bad breath, does it kpoo ekpoo like carbide? grin

Don't make mockery of him bro if you can not help him just go to next thread ok.

And for the guy with bad breath pls follow the advice members suggest to you to solve the problem but try to brush you tongue often then soft brush your gum when brusing your reeth and make sure you do this at least twice a day.

1 Like

Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by Father4all: 9:28pm On Nov 11, 2020
BadBreathBoy:

1. Visiting a dentist.

Didn't work at all.

A permanent one at that.
Talk to me on WhatsApp brother. I have permanent solutions for you. 0/8/03/2/2/4/5/0/1/7
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by ntebong: 9:28pm On Nov 11, 2020

1. Visiting a dentist.

Didn't work at all.

A permanent one at that.
(Quote) (Report) 35 Likes (Like) 1 Share (Share)

OP , you need to calm down ,there are some situation in life you have to take it as given, brush your mouth regularly and apply other suggested precautions/remedies, if no improvement learnt how to life with it, the bad breath may be as a result of certain metabolically reaction in your body, perhaps no permanent remedy, thanks God for the gift of life and worry less,
learnt how to leave with it.
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by BadBreathBoy: 9:29pm On Nov 11, 2020
clefstone:
@OP, you may be suffering from what we refer to as psychogenic halitosis. I have had clients who suffer from this and I know how it ruins their self confidence and turn them to social recluse.
Has any of your close relative told you that you have bad breathe?

I carried out basic test to ascertain if it was or wasn't bad breath, taking cognizance that it could all be in my head so I had to be super sure about it.
Every diy test I took came out positive.

1 Like

Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:31pm On Nov 11, 2020
Akamariner:

My thought initially, that was why i gave the advice, mine usually came out on it own accord, i will just notice it on my tongue, then force out the rest.

I guess it was as a result of my choice of food and eating habit, cause it's been a very long while i last experience it. Thanks for your observation and inputs.

Don't force them out next time. You could get a messy "sore throat".

When you need them out with ease, gargle vigorously with saltwater. It can ease throat discomfort and may help dislodge tonsil stones.
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 11, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

Don't force them out next time. You could get a messy "sore throat".

When you need them out with ease, gargle vigorously with saltwater. It can ease throat discomfort and may help dislodge tonsil stones.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by Kaykay999(m): 9:32pm On Nov 11, 2020
Bro,your tongue is the cause of the bad breath and i think u should use blunt knife or spoon to floss your tongue once a day.
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by BadBreathBoy: 9:32pm On Nov 11, 2020
OKOATA:
Go through some of my thread on meditation, how to use the power of your mind to heal yourself of any disease, sickness, imagine yourself engulfed in the light of the sun, continually tell yourself each day that your healed, imagine yourself turning pure white like an angel, visualize billions of white blood cells crushing this bad breath and imagine it getting destroyed. I know my comment might sound stupid.. Good luck.

Now this is some cool psychological soon to be tested remedy.
Will check it out.
Thanks.
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by chukwuibuipob: 9:32pm On Nov 11, 2020
sad
princejose:
I recommend very urgently Edmark Tooth paste. It works very well for me. You can contact me on 08188921205 for me health benefits of what I said to you in the Tooth paste.
tell him dat u sell all these useless Edmark,longrich,Swissgarde etc. verdict angry sad. FAKE angry angry undecided
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by sonofthunder: 9:34pm On Nov 11, 2020
BadBreathBoy:

1. Visiting a dentist.

Didn't work at all.

A permanent one at that.

Please describe how you brush your mouth.

1 Like

Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by madjune(m): 9:35pm On Nov 11, 2020
That you care about your breath is commendable.

Most people live with it, thinking it normal. No.

As a remedy, start with having a cup of boiled water, sprinkle salt into it and gurgle it.
Rinse your mouth with it and spit out.
Do this morning and last, at night.

2. Do you chew onions? Stop if you do.
Onions causes breath.

3. Brush your tongue thoroughly and, change your brush often.

4. Get a mouthwash for breath.

5. If your breath persists strongly, know that it could be a symptom of some underlying disease.
Check with your doctor on that.

More, go online to check on more ways to combat this menace.

Have a good day, member.
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by okoIYAyin(m): 9:36pm On Nov 11, 2020
Go to a big pharmacy, talk to a phamacist that you need to flush your system with antibiotics, they will give you combination of some heavy antibiotics and prescription too. Watch as your problem disappear in a few days. Also make sure you're washing your tongue while brushing.
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by pwettyJasmine(f): 9:37pm On Nov 11, 2020
I had to see a dentist few days ago and i asked this same question cos i have a close acquaintance with similar issue.
Please see an ENT Doctor, this bad breadth can be caused by an infection sitting somewhere there. Best of luck.
Re: Bad Breath Wants to kill me! Help! by makeherscream(m): 9:37pm On Nov 11, 2020
Chike4all:
Bros, listen to me and do exactly what I tell you,, I've experienced it twice, its disgusts....
1. Go to pharmacy & buy a card of erythromycin antibacterial drugs,, also buy a card of doxycycline capsule, take the dosage 1 tab each for morning & night... It must disappear before the 3rd day. Trust me, this is how I treated mine twice. Forget about all those their prescriptions and mouth wash, they don't work. Do what I told u bro, or yu whatapp me @ 09062718424 for more explanation. You have chronic sinusitis, and only antibacterial drugs can eliminate it.
for how mush

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma / US Doctors Create Head For OkikiJesu Olawuyi Born Without A Skull / After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.