Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre (28868 Views)

NNPCL Pegs Ex-Depot Price At ₦479.50 Per Litre / Petrol Scarcity, Ploy To Hike Price - Marketers / NNPC Raises Kerosene Price Thrice In Two Months - Punch Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:54am On Nov 13, 2020
Those of you who supported the change and 4+4 mantra, your eyes will be very clear now. All you that called GEJ a slowpoke and what have you. Your messiah is here, Sai Baba

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Angelfrost(m): 8:54am On Nov 13, 2020
I have no ounce of pity or concern left in my soul for this hypocritical and godless nation that claims to be religious!

Let the all round inflation hit the heavens! Don't care, don't give a flying fvck!

Let the survival of the fittest begin!

1 Like

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Comedian2019: 8:55am On Nov 13, 2020
Sai baba is dealing with the masses ruthlessly. grin grin grin
His defenders will still defend him for 5k per month allowee
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 13, 2020
Na both zombie and wailers dey suffer the effect of next level.When you protest they tag you terrorist.When Fulani herdsmen dey kill people for Benin expressway.Buhari call them bandits.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by bigfish3k: 8:57am On Nov 13, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

Actualy there WAS fuel scarcity during GEJ's regime.....well well...and no, it wasn't because of bad governance (I have been driving since 2009....so I knows these things).

Infact, in 2013, there was bad scarcity, as well as 2014 (where i was on a queue for eight hours in July)...and even before and after elections in 2015

The reason why? Subsidies.

In 2012 GEJ raised prices of fuel from N65 to N140 .At the time, fuel cost 99 naira to import.

Protests orchestrated by Labour and the opposition brought prices down to N97....while import prices of fuel continued to go up.

By 2013....prices of fuel in most parts of nIGERIA were above the official prices....and the cost of subsidising fuel was going up (from N2 naira per liter to N35 PER Liter in 2015.) And evne then, many marketers were having difficulty balancing their books...so they orchestrated artificial scarcity....also GEJ had problems paying subsidy....which meant scarcity more frequently

Scarcity continued under Buhari till 2017 when he made NNPC the sole importer of fuel, mande NNPC pay the subsidy cost of the fuel from their pockets, and paid off the outstanding subsidy claims from 2013.
I don't know where you reside but me in Lagos didn't experience any fuel scarcity apart from the period I told you.
After 2012 increment there was no scarcity in the Lagos that I live and I also didn't hear of anywhere else
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 13, 2020
bigfish3k:

I don't know where you reside but me in Lagos didn't experience any fuel scarcity apart from the period I told you.

FCT.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by SmartPolician: 8:58am On Nov 13, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

All our neighbours pay N300 and above for fuel.

Among oil produers, only Algeria, Sudan, and Venezuela pay lower than we do for fuel...and Sudan is considering a price increase. Algeria produces five times more crude than we do for a population less than 50 million, and Venezuela is running its savings down to pay for the subsidies

Nigeria has enough hydrocarbons for refining PMS

Our problem is that we don't have functional refineries, so we import and sell PMS based on OPEC prices. And the NNPC cannot sustain subsidy payment.

If we did have functional refineries, the government can refine and sell to us at an affordable price.

We can still sell unrefined crude oil to generate revenue from there. There's more money in upstream sector than the downstream sector.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by crazycrypto710: 8:59am On Nov 13, 2020
We are dead
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 13, 2020
proclinician:

What is the minimum wage and standard of living for your neighbors fool.

And in response, wise and great maN.

Benin
minimum wage: 21903 naira
Petrol price; 352.36 naira

niger
minimum wage: 20,813 naira
Petrol price:377

Cameroon
minimum wage:25,120.09 naira
Petrol price 439.58

Chad
minimum wage: 41,552 naira
Petrol price: 361.43

Ghana
minimum wage:26000 naira
Petrol price:325.93

Nigeria
minimum wage:30000
Petrol price:161 naira

Good morning.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 13, 2020
PhiliptheArab:
The fun thing about this thread is that all those people who

1. Wanted GEJ to remain on office because fuel was 86 naira per liter
2.Voted for Buhari because he promised 40 naira fuel

Have no idea how a subsidy works, and why fuel prices should go up.

The funny thing is that if government started bringing in price controls into the businesses of many Nairalanders, and paid them a subsidy that covers the difference between the new price the government sets for them, and the actual cost price of their goods and services, most of them would be broke.

We have been enjoying cheap fuel for years. It is also the reason why our refinereis are all messed up, and why we are importing PMS by the ton, and wasting millions subsidising it....the truth is,OUR FUEL sector is not profitable.

A liter of fuel costs N200 or more. And we want it at N87 OR N40.....really?

Venezuela sells fuel at N40 per liter. And as I talk to you, their petroleum sector is on life support. The CHinese and russians are all but running the thing for them self.

If we want WORKING refinereis, more refinereis, and more jobs , we have to deregulate...and by that....NNPC needs to stop controlling the price of fuel, and really allow marketers to control the price. Yes, fuel will cost N300. Yes , Buhari is evil. Yes, APC is a bad party. Yes, GEJ has to come back, Yes, Nigeria is a zoo.....but you cannot run a business as a charity, and expect enough profit to fuel the produtive capacity
Abeg make we hear word, all the so called maintenance the FG said billions of dollars has be incurred to scale up our refineries capacity where are those funds? Why are those refineries not producing at maximum capacity. Am waiting for dangote refinery so that I will know another irrelevant excuse they will use for high cost of petrol.
Currently dangote cement price is more expensive in Nigeria than neighboring countries in West Africa like Ghana, you begin to ask questions, why is it so.
China loan inform of infrastructure can be seen with the billions of dollars in the country e. g railway but the loans in form of cash that FG source from you can't see or feel it.
FG can't continue to lie and sabotage the public purse and think magic will happen.
The truth is there's no sector in Nigeria that we can point out and say it is working, population size is the most irrelevant excuse anyone can use to compare.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 13, 2020
SmartPolician:

Our problem is that we don't have functional refineries, so we import and sell PMS based on OPEC prices. And the NNPC cannot sustain subsidy payment.

If we did have functional refineries, the government can refine and sell to us at an affordable price.

We can still sell unrefined crude oil to generate revenue from there. There's more money in upstream sector than the downstream sector.

And we don't have functional refienreis becase since the 1970's we have been selling fuel below the production price and paying a subsidy that barely covers the differeince between the production cost and the price sold to consumers....

Meaning no profits, thus no money to upgrade or main tain or build more refinereis.

Remove subsidy, and yes, we would pay higher...BUT...we would have enough profits to pay for new refienreis, and so on.....ad ncreaed production of PMS....low prices eventualLY

1 Like

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Bimpe29: 9:03am On Nov 13, 2020
Next level has been obtained. The pump price is increasing by number until it reaches #200 or more.
vanbonattel:
It's good, I guess all those that rejected Goodluck Jonathan and his #87 fuel will have a special zombie filling station where they will be buying at #40 if they prove they voted Buharri grin
Thank God we are in it together. 4+4= 8
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:05am On Nov 13, 2020
Last last this thing go enter N200
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 13, 2020
onyechez:

Abeg make we hear word, all the so called maintenance the FG said billions of dollars has be incurred to scale up our refineries capacity where are those funds? Why are those refineries not producing at maximum capacity. Am waiting for dangote refinery so that I will know another irrelevant excuse they will use for high cost of petrol.
Currently dangote cement price is more expensive in Nigeria than neighboring countries in West Africa like Ghana, you begin to ask questions, why is it so.
China loan inform of infrastructure can be seen with the billions of dollars in the country e. g railway but the loans in form of cash that FG source from you can't see or feel it.
FG can't continue to lie and sabotage the public purse and think magic will happen.
The truth is there's no sector in Nigeria that we can point out and say it is working, population size is the most irrelevant excuse anyone can use to compare.

The thing is, the maintenance funds are not enough.....plus it is more profitable to improt than refine fuel at home under subsidy

Remove subsidy, it would become more profitale to refine at home than import...plus more jobs, and new refinereis, and government saves money...meaning more roads and rail...reduced cost of Dangote cememnt.

AND WE really need to put more pressure on government....hard wrk of democracy
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by tnerro1(m): 9:06am On Nov 13, 2020
SmartPolician:

But the government has said when dangote refinery starts operating, they will sell to us at international market price
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by tutudesz: 9:07am On Nov 13, 2020
bigfish3k:
I thought the price is low on the international market, why is our own increasing.

I thought they are the ones that said they want to follow international prices.

We have deceivers and not leaders
Nigeria has one of the cheapest pump price in the world

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by InvertedHammer: 9:08am On Nov 13, 2020
slawormiir:
damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
Me don tire to complain
For every morning I wake up i go dey accept whatever surprises Nigeria dey throw at me...let me see how long i can cope....if I nor fit cope again I find one Africa country go relax. .. probably Seychelles
Imagine you go buy a particular thing for maybe 50 naira then if you wake up the next day morning that same thing don turn to 80 naira...
Yesterday I say make i book God is good motor from Benin city to abuja make i go run some dope shit in abuja for money Matter...i shock when the price don turn from
7100 naira to 10500 naira...funny enough na even their low budget ass Toyota Hiace bus i be want manage...nor be the other expensive executive one
/
You brag about electronic gadgets worth millions of naira but cannot afford N25k for flight to Abuja for “business”. Misplaced priority—trying to look good first instead of making money. Oh well. Like ostrich, like African.
/
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by tutudesz: 9:08am On Nov 13, 2020
tnerro1:

But the government has said when dangote refinery starts operating, they will sell to us at international market price
Dangote will still sell at the current price, even though there is no shipping cost involved.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 13, 2020
Cti28:

You are not making sense

Yes, it makes sense to import fuel at 200 and above , sell at N87 and pay a subsidy to cover the difference, which makes us lose money and forces us to take more loans for other suff.....

A lot of sense.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by MRSUCCESS70: 9:09am On Nov 13, 2020
This Is Real Change.......
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 13, 2020
anonymous1759:

Bro forget that thing these men inflate budget and loot the funds . Do you think Nigeria will be in this mess today if all the money we've made has been used judiciously without looting ? If all the money Stolen were in the Economy automatically industries will be built employment will increase that's more tax. IGR will increase.

Kogi wants to impose tax on Bread , students and unemployed are paying taxes , stamp duties as Long you're running an account you're taxed that's nonsense. Don't be surprised if we cut down the excesses it'll be enough to subsidize fuel . Try to visit one the these political parties Conventions and come back to quote me if your eyes will not fizzles out . You'll see luxury at It's peak .

Democracy is hard work....of putting leaders feet to the heat....
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by merbenko: 9:12am On Nov 13, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

The thing is, the maintenance funds are not enough.....plus it is more profitable to improt than refine fuel at home under subsidy

Remove subsidy, it would become more profitale to refine at home than import...plus more jobs, and new refinereis, and government saves money...meaning more roads and rail...reduced cost of Dangote cememnt.

Did I hear you said the money is not enough? I wanted taking you serious, but now I understand you are a government agent
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Ogbeniomo: 9:12am On Nov 13, 2020
vanbonattel:
It's good, I guess all those that rejected Goodluck Jonathan and his #87 fuel will have a special zombie filling station where they will be buying at #40 if they prove they voted Buharri grin
Please volume up my bro. Cos they mumunity and iberibesm never do o.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Rechargeam: 9:13am On Nov 13, 2020
NaijaMutant:
Buhari's mission statement:

1. To kill
2. To steal
3. To destroy
This is the devil's work lipsrsealed
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 13, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

Am not even bothered at petrol because they're so many factors especially in developing countries but the case of Nigeria is very worrisome, we can't point to any sector in Nigeria and say that it is working.
If you check most of the African countries Importing petrol at least they got 24hrs electricity, but Nigeria with largest economy no electricity. Let the federal government give Nigeria 24hrs electricity and I bet you nobody will cry of high petrol price, because it will reduce the number of petrol users and reduce cost of producing petrol products and cut foreign exchange losses in Nigeria.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by GIdiata(m): 9:14am On Nov 13, 2020
vanbonattel:

the interesting part is that even you that accepted Jonathan will also buy at N168 - N170

1 Like

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 13, 2020
merbenko:

Did I hear you said the money is not enough? I wanted taking you serious, but now I understand you are a government agent

How much do you think we can raise from 'cuting the cost of governance'...probably N1 trillion

Plus, the thing with fuel subsidy.....it is a big hole that keeps growing.

Between 2012 to 2015 , fuel subsidy costs went up from N2 per liter to N40 PER Liter ( due to the cost of importing fuel ging up from N99 to N132 PER liter.). Add the fact that when internationaL oil prices fluctuate....the fuel price fluctuates accrdingly.And the amoun t spent increases as well (Someone told me elsewhere that governemnt can spend as much as 2 trillion a year subsidsing fuel....no looting mind you)

And even if we were refining at home...the fact that refinereis have to be upgraded, expanded, etc...raises the cost of keeping prices low.

And the more you spend on subsidising fuel , the less you see for things like roads, schgools, hospitals, etc....which froces government to keep on taking more loans to keep the books balalnced.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by SmartPolician: 9:22am On Nov 13, 2020
tnerro1:

There must be an expert explanation for that. In my opinion, the Dangote refinery cannot serve the entire country. In other words, they may still have to import, meaning that Dangote refinery's selling price cannot be lower than price of imported PMS.

But what you quoted is one of our major problems.

The NNPC failed Nigerians because it has become a huge cash cow for every government in power. They don't honor JVP, no savings, no functional refineries, no serious plans to expand to other countries; the GMDs just loot and loot
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by tutudesz: 9:23am On Nov 13, 2020
proclinician:

What is the minimum wage and standard of living for your neighbors fool.
What the population of those countries Nigeria is over populated, with little resources to go round.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Babaibe: 9:23am On Nov 13, 2020
lamentor78:

...and election day will come and you will sit at home

Under this condition, who will stay at home.I am busy with the timetable on when to use generator and how long in my house now.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Splendor27: 9:23am On Nov 13, 2020
gaetano:
There's nothing more i can do but laugh grin grin. Afonja peeps supported this empty cow over Jona, the way this economic hardship is going round is so sweeting me. Lmao. We weren't having it so good during jona's time but we were okay but now, we have food inflation, multiple taxation, border closure, abuse of human right, we can't even protest, baba is negotiating with actual terrorists while tagging protesters terrorists. Afonja una done see una handwork. Lmao grin
wetin be ur problem wit afonja,,na afonja ordain am, or buhari no get vote for east ni,,,yoruba voted for osinbanjo and igbo voted for peter obi so wat the issue.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Delb323(m): 9:23am On Nov 13, 2020
[color=#990000][/color] tongue See dem see dem naija and change Mtcheeeeeeeeew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Seven Soldiers Killed As Boko Haram Sacks Military Base In Borno / EFCC Begins Probe Of Ex-governor Akpabio Over Alleged N108.1bn Fraud / Lagos: Birnin Gwari Forest In Kaduna; Sambisa Are No Man’s Land - Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.