Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre (28872 Views)

NNPCL Pegs Ex-Depot Price At ₦479.50 Per Litre / Petrol Scarcity, Ploy To Hike Price - Marketers / NNPC Raises Kerosene Price Thrice In Two Months - Punch Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by HoluGraze: 10:08am On Nov 13, 2020
Shebi una carry una hand go vote for this useless and dumb as govt.

Una never see anything

More are loading

No one should complain we requested for it and now we have it

Just buy better shock absorber so that you wouldn't be shock again.

Person like us have developed our mind with better shock absorber so we ain't shocking again.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by 400billionman: 10:09am On Nov 13, 2020
vanbonattel:
It's good, I guess all those that rejected Goodluck Jonathan and his #87 fuel will have a special zombie filling station where they will be buying at #40 if they prove they voted Buharri grin

Leave Buhary voters. They are on a next level of weed.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by SocialJustice: 10:09am On Nov 13, 2020
Cantonese:

Why have you all allowed this APC bewitchment cause you to act hypocritically and so blindly? Why are you watching yourself being led to destruction.

"Better to buy it expensive and it is easily available". Are you comparing your earning capacity with that of the bigger nations? With your minimum wage, which is not even fully paid, how many of you can now confidently buy one quarter bags of rice? How many of those countries have such economic policies that reduce more of its citizens to poverty daily?

Na wah for una sef!
Hold on to your opinion let me hold on to mine. I have not said government is doing an amazing job with the economy in general but government can not afford to continue subsidising petroleum products.

We are all in Nigeria, nobody can say they are not feeling the heat of economic mismamagemt.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Nonsoco80(m): 10:10am On Nov 13, 2020
effty:
What legacy will Buhari leave after office?

cc: helinues sarrki officialgarri arrewa

you will never see them comment on this thread. That tribal bigot, Omenka own is worst.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Elxandre(m): 10:12am On Nov 13, 2020
PhiliptheArab:
The fun thing about this thread is that all those people who

1. Wanted GEJ to remain on office because fuel was 86 naira per liter
2.Voted for Buhari because he promised 40 naira fuel

Have no idea how a subsidy works, and why fuel prices should go up.

The funny thing is that if government started bringing in price controls into the businesses of many Nairalanders, and paid them a subsidy that covers the difference between the new price the government sets for them, and the actual cost price of their goods and services, most of them would be broke.

We have been enjoying cheap fuel for years. It is also the reason why our refinereis are all messed up, and why we are importing PMS by the ton, and wasting millions subsidising it....the truth is,OUR FUEL sector is not profitable.

A liter of fuel costs N200 or more. And we want it at N87 OR N40.....really?

Venezuela sells fuel at N40 per liter. And as I talk to you, their petroleum sector is on life support. The CHinese and russians are all but running the thing for them self.

If we want WORKING refinereis, more refinereis, and more jobs , we have to deregulate...and by that....NNPC needs to stop controlling the price of fuel, and really allow marketers to control the price. Yes, fuel will cost N300. Yes , Buhari is evil. Yes, APC is a bad party. Yes, GEJ has to come back, Yes, Nigeria is a zoo.....but you cannot run a business as a charity, and expect enough profit to fuel the produtive capacity
All your points are null as APC promised around 40 naira per liter.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 13, 2020
Elxandre:

All your points are null as APC promised around 40 naira per liter.

And you beleived them?

I didn't because i knew then how a subsidy works.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by chaloskyx: 10:15am On Nov 13, 2020
IF YOU LIKE RAISE IT TO N1000 NIGERIANS WOULD COMPLAIN FOR A WHILE BUT WOULD ADJUST AND STILL BUY NA OUR WAY BE THAT ALL TALK NO ACTION NNPC CARRY GO JARE

1 Like

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Elxandre(m): 10:15am On Nov 13, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

And you beleived them?

I didn't because i knew then how a subsidy works.
I knew it was a lie but many believed them as they said the prices should be low since barrel prices were low.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by milky3(f): 10:17am On Nov 13, 2020
This government is d worst ever! they are just unreasonable economically and in other vices
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by HonLord: 10:17am On Nov 13, 2020
NaijaMutant:
Buhari's mission statement:

1. To kill
2. To steal
3. To destroy

THIS STATEMENT ABOVE IS JUST THE FACT. He and his deceitful party (APC) has come to kill the masses with their wicked vices but God, Jehovah Elohim will not allow their plots against us to see the light. The NEXT PROTEST will shock the world because, this time - NOBODY will be spared, not even the least politician. Why can't the refineries be fixed. Are we buying crude that the market forces will determine the prices. If the refineries are working, I do not think we will be buying these products more than N50 per litre and do our business. But because they came to KILL, STEAL & DESTROY, the prefer importation rather than local refining. May God visit them and their families one by one in Jesus Name - Amen, and Amen.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 13, 2020
Elxandre:

I knew it was a lie but many believed them as they said the prices should be low since barrel prices were low.

That's why anyone saying that we should pay subsides should try to understand why subsides don't work.

As for me, a subsidy of fuel keeping prices at N40 could mean that the government spends as much as N200 to subsidise fuel at that low a price....

Which could drain our reserve down to the bottom and below. Which means more loans.....
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Abiboss: 10:20am On Nov 13, 2020
anonymous1759:
angry
Can't this useless Government cut down the cost of Governance? Slash NASS,Governors , Minister, and ex Governors pensions. How can the poor be funding the luxurious lifestyle of the Rich?
This is absolute Nonsense. I've never seen a country that borrows money to fund exorbitant lifestyle of the NASS . You can never see these useless men accept a pay cut all they know is generate IGR from the poor to send their kids to school In Europe &America .Nigeria is indeed a Big mistake. If you're political thug or a supporter uncircumcised thunder is awaiting you idiats.

God will bless you for this, if at all this government have the interest of any of her citizens at heart, they would have place a pay cut policy on all the government officials salaries and allowances... What baffles me most is that some people are still supporting bad governance because of tribal, religion and political differences...

1 Like

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Abiboss: 10:21am On Nov 13, 2020
arantess:

For how long exactly are we going to keep accepting "whatever" this contraption throws at us....20,30,50 more years??...
That means if we complain finish, our kids will grow up and complain same and their kids after them
I hope every Nigerians reason like this
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Wettoid123: 10:22am On Nov 13, 2020
Nice one let it even go to #250 we are all going to suffer it together since we rejected #87 ..........
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Erojepromise(f): 10:24am On Nov 13, 2020
Aboguede:
It is called inflation
you missed something it's hyper inflation
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by obailala(m): 10:25am On Nov 13, 2020
Nigerians are a confused bunch. One moment people are shouting for subsidy to be removed, the next second you're complaining of increase in pump price and cursing govt.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by omenka(m): 10:26am On Nov 13, 2020
Nonsoco80:

you will never see them comment on this thread. That tribal bigot, Omenka own is worst.
NONSO, if your parents told you you arent succeeding in life and living in abject poverty and misery because of OMENKA, I'd like to assure you, THEY LIED to you.

Bye.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by murmee: 10:29am On Nov 13, 2020
vanbonattel:
It's good, I guess all those that rejected Goodluck Jonathan and his #87 fuel will have a special zombie filling station where they will be buying at #40 if they prove they voted Buharri grin
Was it not during the same Jonathan's era that N2 Billion was spent on prayers in Saudi Arabia to defeat Boko Haram. Did Jonathan defeat Boko Haram?

Have you forgotten the kind of looting that happened during that same Jonathan period?

The Jonathan Administration laid the very SAD foundation for whatever we are suffering now by squandering the resources that should have been saved when Oil prices were high.

ThisAdministration met an Empty purse and to worsen the matter, Oil prices fell to an all time low.

Buhari Administration may not be the best but he cannot be blamed entirely for whatever we are going through now!
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by TooMuchStuff: 10:32am On Nov 13, 2020
Wetin dey shelle gan gan
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Abiboss: 10:32am On Nov 13, 2020
PhiliptheArab:
The fun thing about this thread is that all those people who

1. Wanted GEJ to remain on office because fuel was 86 naira per liter
2.Voted for Buhari because he promised 40 naira fuel

Have no idea how a subsidy works, and why fuel prices should go up.

The funny thing is that if government started bringing in price controls into the businesses of many Nairalanders, and paid them a subsidy that covers the difference between the new price the government sets for them, and the actual cost price of their goods and services, most of them would be broke.

We have been enjoying cheap fuel for years. It is also the reason why our refinereis are all messed up, and why we are importing PMS by the ton, and wasting millions subsidising it....the truth is,OUR FUEL sector is not profitable.

A liter of fuel costs N200 or more. And we want it at N87 OR N40.....really?

Venezuela sells fuel at N40 per liter. And as I talk to you, their petroleum sector is on life support. The CHinese and russians are all but running the thing for them self.

If we want WORKING refinereis, more refinereis, and more jobs , we have to deregulate...and by that....NNPC needs to stop controlling the price of fuel, and really allow marketers to control the price. Yes, fuel will cost N300. Yes , Buhari is evil. Yes, APC is a bad party. Yes, GEJ has to come back, Yes, Nigeria is a zoo.....but you cannot run a business as a charity, and expect enough profit to fuel the produtive capacity

So with all this your stupid analysis, now ask yourself this questions,

1. Is there 24hours electricity supply in Nigeria?
2. How much is the price of commodity
3. What is the level of hardship in this country compare to the countries you mentioned above
4. Apart from fuel hike, do we have good roads in Nigeria?
5. How much is our politicians earning monthly compare to other countries in the world,

The thing with you'll is that you like to compare your country flaws with other better countries around the world, but will never compare the good part of those countries to yours smh...

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by naijadrivablog: 10:34am On Nov 13, 2020
This country self. Nigerians deserve what they are getting from the political class.

Yeye de smell
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Basher8583: 10:36am On Nov 13, 2020
vanbonattel:

See this educated illiterate using past to judge present.
Young man if Goodluck Jonathan is the current president we would have been buying fuel for N800 by now.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 13, 2020
obailala:
Nigerians are a confused bunch. One moment people are shouting for subsidy to be removed, the next second you're complaining of increase in pump price and cursing govt.

Nigerians don't want subsidy to go....what they want is the corruption around the subsidy to go...said corruption being fuelled by the anti-profit nature of a subsidy...

Also, Nigerians like price controls, so long as it means more money in their pocket. If government started subsidisng the busineses of many nigerians....they would see how destructive subsidy is
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by ivieeseosa: 10:41am On Nov 13, 2020
Increasing PMS price to pay salaries of National Assemblies members and politicians.

Shame on this government
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 13, 2020
Abiboss:

So with all this your stupid analysis, now ask yourself this questions,

Okay, here we go....

1. Is there 24hours electricity supply in Nigeria?

No because we produce electricity at N49-53 per kwh and till 3 weeks ago sold it aat N20-30 per kwh....meaning a losss of N23-33 per kwh...meaning losses of a trillion naira bianually...meaning no money to expand electric generation in Nigeria...

2. How much is the price of commodity

Be more specific.

3. What is the level of hardship in this country compare to the countries you mentioned above

Venezuela and Sudan are just as bad...Venezuela is even worse....

4. Apart from fuel hike, do we have good roads in Nigeria?

No, because we spend the money we should be spending on good roads on subsidising fuel.

5. How much is our politicians earning monthly compare to other countries in the world,

I agree with you that our politicans need to cut their salaries...however....cutting the salaries won't dent the amount we spend on subsides of fuel by much. Plus...why should we spend that money on subsidy self...considering that many of them polticans have fuel businesses...

The thing with you'll is that you like to compare your country flaws with other better countries around the world, but will never compare the good part of those countries to yours smh...
[/quote]

Well, we manufacture toilet roll, detergent, spaghetti, noodles, exericse books, etc here in Nigeria. Venezuela can't make those stuff anymore....
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by bigjj: 10:45am On Nov 13, 2020
Is this the outcome of NLC meeting with the Federal government?
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by olaeffect(m): 10:47am On Nov 13, 2020
Crude oil increase the masses will suffer, crude oil price reduces the masses will still suffer.
No matter the price of crude oil this government has made up its mind to make sure that the masses suffer.

But i know everything in life that has a beginning will surely have an end.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by obailala(m): 10:49am On Nov 13, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

Nigerians don't want subsidy to go....what they want is the corruption around the subsidy to go...said corruption being fuelled by the anti-profit nature of a subsidy...

Also, Nigerians like price controls, so long as it means more money in their pocket. If government started subsidisng the busineses of many nigerians....they would see how destructive subsidy is
Whenever I see threads like this with a wailing mob of people all over, I just yawn and go back to sleep.

The fact is simple, Nigeria cannot afford to pay subsidies any more, and with subsidies gone, pump prices would keep increasing whenever there's an increase in crude prices, or a drop in value of the Naira. People can keep shouting GEJ all they want.

The govt is inept, the govt is useless, the govt has made too many stupid decisions lately but on this stoppage of subsidy issue, its absolutely the right decision... We need to learn to live with it.

Funny thing about several folks cursing here is that they claim they supported subsidy removal under GEJ, but somehow think it's a bad thing under PMB because pump prices hae hit N170.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Weirdgee: 10:50am On Nov 13, 2020
vanbonattel:
Some people nor just get sense bro they voted for Mr president first term in office he did nothing, they voted for him for second term thinking he will change let's bear it together come 2023 the youths must get sense by force.
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by yaki84: 10:57am On Nov 13, 2020
ogododo:

https://punchng.com/breaking-nnpc-raises-petrol-depot-price-marketers-to-sell-at-n168-n170-litre/
Wahala for who no get strength to trek...
Bigger wahala for those wey shoes Don chop alignment due to over-trekking.

Change ayaf cometh to sidon
Re: NNPC Raises Petrol Depot Price, Marketers To Sell At ₦168 - ₦170 Per Litre by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:59am On Nov 13, 2020
Okoroawusa:
We move..
Where are you moving to?

Don't you just love PMB

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Armed Robbers Shoot Silver Etieyibo In Delta On His Way To His House (Pics) / Oby Ezekwesili's Response To Buhari's Order On Ballot Snatching / PHOTOS- Akinwunmi Ambode Formally Declares For Lagos Governorship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.