Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:18 AM

Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare (9479 Views)

Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says / Buhari Lacks Clear Cut Direction On How To Govern Nigeria – PDP / Seized $5.7million: APC Used By ‘Foreign Interests’ To Destroy Nigeria — PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by birdman(m): 8:22am On Mar 17, 2011
seanet02,
do you really see a scenario in which Ribadu can win. To be more specific, even if Ribadu wins in the SW, can he beat GEJ in the North?
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by fstranger3(m): 8:30am On Mar 17, 2011
eku_bear:

We are faced with a variety of evils, yet fstranger seems interested in choosing the larger ones. I don't get it.

@fstranger: Tinubu is not perfect, but is necessary at this point in time. We have enemies in this Nigeria, and Tinubu seems to be the only one interested in fighting them.

Wait a minute! Examine the principles behind what Tinubu is doing.  Examine the morality.  Take an example of the internal wrangling he is having with Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, is that consistent with true party politics?[size=18pt]We’re looking at the outside, if somebody is doing something for self, then there is danger ahead[/size].  Fair enough, he survived and we know how he survived and it was in our favour that he survived.  Whatever method he used, we support, but that does not mean that we would not recognise the faults in his way of doing politics.

. . . He said he would make him chancellor of Lagos State University, LASU. I also told him that if Dawodu has agreed to step down, I, Ayo Adebanjo, will not agree for you to start dictating to us on how to run the party, a party that we had been running before you became governor, no, we will not allow you depose Dawodu. It is just a matter of principle.[size=18pt] Any disagreement with Tinubu is purely on principle. I detest his political methods.[/size]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/south-west-politics-tinubu-the-dangers-ahead-by-ayo-adebanjo/

And that is coming from Ayo Adebanjo, one of the remaining Awoists alive.

You guys keep putting him on a pedestal he does not belong. What has he done that  no one else can do. He wasnt the lawyer that represented Aregbesola and the rest. let him do the right thing, like how Awo and Bola Ige  and Adesanya and the rest of them greats would have done it. Not his magomago and wuruwuru way of doing things.

Hopefully, he is locked up for good. His overbearing attitude/influence is stifling the voice of other credible people in the party and the SW.

Tinubu ko, Tinu-igbe ni!
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by ekubear1: 8:37am On Mar 17, 2011
@fstranger3: Spend less time on nairaland, more time on some forums on groups.yahoo.com where they discuss politics. Will better help you understand certain things. Or talk to some politically aware older Yoruba folk in their 40s and 50s.

fstranger3:

You guys keep putting him on a pedestal he does not belong. What has he done that  no one else can do. He wasnt the lawyer that represented Aregbesola and the rest. let him do the right thing, like how Awo and Bola Ige  and Adesanya and the rest of them greats would have done it. Not his magomago and wuruwuru way of doing things.

Hopefully, he is locked up for good. His overbearing attitude/influence is stifling th voice of other credible people in the party and the SW.
Tinubu is not Awo, Ige, or Adesanya. He is not a hero. He is a large, vicious dog, perhaps a little insane. But if someone wants to rob your house, the first thing they do is to poison/kill your dog.

Look, as much as I like Awo, Ige and the rest. . . how effective were they, really?  undecided Ultimately i'm after results. Say what you will about Tinubu, but I think he will deliver results.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by fstranger3(m): 8:40am On Mar 17, 2011
eku_bear:

@fstranger3: Spend less time on nairaland, more time on some of these yahoo groups where they discuss politics. Will better help you understand certain things. Or talk to some politically aware older Yoruba folk in their 40s and 50s.

Tinubu is not Awo, Ige, or Adesanya. He is not a hero. He is a large, vicious dog, perhaps a little insane. But if someone wants to rob your house, the first thing they do is to poison/kill your dog.

Look, as much as I like Awo, Ige and the rest. . . how effective were they, really?  undecided Ultimately i'm after results. Say what you will about Tinubu, but I think he will deliver results.

Did you live through his era as the governor of Lagos State? He had the opportunity, he did nada,how could you expect him to deliver now.

On Tinubu, After studying him and living through his era, I dont know what anyone can tell me about him that I dont already know.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by seanet02: 8:43am On Mar 17, 2011
This PDP people are identical in their behaviours. Bunch of animals. Where were they when TINUBU and co were fighting for Democracy? TINUBU gave us Fashola, Fayemi, Oshiomole and Aregbesola who are the best governors in Nigeria, so there is no way am going to support a PDP that gave me OGD, Akala, Ohakim, Oyinlola and co looters. TINUBU till i die.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by fstranger3(m): 8:44am On Mar 17, 2011
eku_bear:

@fstranger3: Spend less time on nairaland, more time on some forums on groups.yahoo.com where they discuss politics. Will better help you understand certain things. Or talk to some politically aware older Yoruba folk in their 40s and 50s.

L[b]ook, as much as I like Awo, Ige and the rest[/b]. . . how effective were they, really?  undecided Ultimately i'm after results. Say what you will about Tinubu, but I think he will deliver results.

Obviously, you didnt know why Ige was killed and prolly did not live through his era as the Governor of Oyo and seen him in action. Even Seanet and Eko Ile would not be so bold to compare the influence of Ige with what Tinubu is doing.

Mtcweeeew. Tinubu by stinking butt-crack!
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by seanet02: 8:44am On Mar 17, 2011
This PDP people are identical in their behaviours. Bunch of animals. Where were they when TINUBU and co were fighting for Democracy? TINUBU gave us Fashola, Fayemi, Oshiomole and Aregbesola who are the best governors in Nigeria, so there is no way am going to support a PDP that gave me OGD, Akala, Ohakim, Oyinlola and co looters. TINUBU till i die.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by fstranger3(m): 8:47am On Mar 17, 2011
seanet02:

Ko ni da fun e. The next time you say Tinubu gave us Oshiomole and Aregbesola, I will shepe or you. oshiomole made his name long before he became close to Tinubu.

ANd, if you do not know about Aregbe, just ask. As for Fashola, I understand. But the rest you mentioned, don say that again.

Let Oshiomole and Aregbe hear that from you.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by ekubear1: 8:48am On Mar 17, 2011
*Shrug*

It is what it is.

I think the current strategy of the ACN is a good one. I'd prefer if they'd managed to pull off an alliance with the CPC on their own terms, but it didn't work out.

That is fine; there are plenty of senate and governor seats to be won.

And if the election goes to a run-off, then whatever presidential votes the Ribadu pulls in will be of value.

Certainly not the best of all possible outcomes, but a pretty solid strategy overall.

Let's agree to disagree, I guess.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by EkoIle1: 8:50am On Mar 17, 2011
In the same article,

Some people say you are too rigid and this mantra of Awoism that you, in particular keep chanting, appears to be obsolete and cannot be employed in today’s politics.

Practicing Awolowo's pacifist brand of politics in today's Nigeria = Suicide.

I'm really glad we have Tinubu because if the man did not stand strong, sacrifice and refuse to sell out to OBJ for 8 long years, na PDP go occupy Alausa  and whatever ever Lagos is today go instead be the oposite with nothing but dirt and misery all over Lagos.

I really do believe Lagosians owe Tinubu a whole lot. He's a strong leader and I truly admire him.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by ekubear1: 8:57am On Mar 17, 2011
fstranger: You don't seem to like Tinubu and the ACN. Offer an alternative, then. What strategy do you suggest? I'm all ears. I don't think going centralist is the way to go. ACN allows you to achieve something very close to federalism in Nigeria. Why are you so keen on throwing it away?
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by fstranger3(m): 8:57am On Mar 17, 2011
Eko Ile:

In the same article,

Practicing Awolowo's pacifist brand of politics in today's Nigeria = Suicide.

I'm really glad we have Tinubu because if the man did not stand strong, sacrifice and refuse to sell out to OBJ for 8 long years, na PDP go occupy Alausa  and whatever ever Lagos is today go instead be the oposite with nothing but dirt and misery all over Lagos.

I really do believe Lagosians owe Tinubu a whole lot. He's a strong leader and I truly admire him.
^^^^

And you think killing Funsho Williams was the way to go.

Openly disagreeing with Bucknor and Pedro and Ogunlewe, putting lives in danger is the better alternative?
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by ekubear1: 9:01am On Mar 17, 2011
fstranger3:

WTF? Substantiate this accusation.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by EkoIle1: 9:02am On Mar 17, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^^

Openly disagreeing with Bucknor and Pedro and Ogunlewe, putting lives in danger is the better alternative?

Do away with all your silly rumors and innuendos and stick to real facts, this nonsense is for petty market women,

You're not making any sense
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Odunnu: 9:07am On Mar 17, 2011
I'm under pressure to call Bakare a fool, but NO! I wont
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Pharoh: 9:19am On Mar 17, 2011
^^

He is a pastor and anointed of God the almighty but i agree with some of his points above.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Beaf: 9:21am On Mar 17, 2011
fstranger3:

Funsho Williams was the most honest, down to Earth, bloody honest guy. He was someone with vision, a man we would have voted in as President one day.
Anybody could walk into his house and get an audience, unfortunately that was what his political opponents did, and cut down a great man.

One day, Funsho Williams killers will be brought to justice.

Tinubu is indeed, the greatest threat to our democracy.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by honeric01(m): 9:26am On Mar 17, 2011
Odunnu:

I'm under pressure to call Bakare a fool, but NO! I wont

Then come tomorrow, you claim to be a christian

When things start going bad for you, you start blaming witches and wizards everywhere.

Calling a pastor a FOOL when you're also a christian just because his political view is different from yours is so sad of you.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Lagosboy: 9:39am On Mar 17, 2011
Tinubu is a criminal and Bakare is right. Buhari wanted Iweala Tinubu wanted Tinubu to be Buharis vice. Buhari said he doesnt want a muslim muslim ticket. Tinubu said we want someone strong in ACN so i nominate myself, Buhari again said no but ok give us Niyi Adebayo he is ACN strong, he is a christian and a former governor Tinubu said NO, I want to be your vice or no alliance. Buhari said i will rather go do it alone then and God will be my alliance. This is what transpired in the alliance talks and LAi mohammed lied about the truth.

Bafarawwa an ACN guy and the strongest from the North accused Tinubu of being tthe person who knocked down the alliance for his selfish ambition. My point now is if Tinubu was indeed sincere why did he not run as Ribadus vice in the ACN and my answer is he knows Ribadu cannot win this election but wants to rubbish the guy. Ribadu was naive and desperate to rule Nigeria hence he went to dine with the devil and he would be confined to political irelevance after this election.

My prayer is for Buhari to win without any alliance with ACN and to win it first round in fact, hence our need to win SW.

SAI BUHARI
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by seanet02: 10:01am On Mar 17, 2011
Beaf:

Funsho Williams was the most honest, down to Earth, bloody honest guy. He was someone with vision, a man we would have voted in as President one day.
Anybody could walk into his house and get an audience, unfortunately that was what his political opponents did, and cut down a great man.

One day, Funsho Williams killers will be brought to justice.

Tinubu is indeed, the greatest threat to our democracy.
Which Funsho williams? We all know how he become rich! Abeg no let us spill the beans for this place jor
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by EkoIle1: 10:09am On Mar 17, 2011
Lagosboy:

Tinubu is a criminal and Bakare is right. Buhari wanted Iweala Tinubu wanted Tinubu to be Buharis vice. Buhari said he doesnt want a muslim muslim ticket. Tinubu said we want someone strong in ACN so i nominate myself, Buhari again said no but ok give us Niyi Adebayo he is ACN strong, he is a christian and a former governor  Tinubu said NO, I want to be your vice or no alliance. Buhari said i will rather go do it alone then and God will be my alliance. This is what transpired in the alliance talks and LAi mohammed lied about the truth.

Bafarawwa an ACN guy and the strongest from the North accused Tinubu of being tthe person who knocked down the alliance for his selfish ambition. My point now is if Tinubu was indeed sincere why did he not run as Ribadus vice in the ACN and my answer is he knows Ribadu cannot win this election but wants to rubbish the guy. Ribadu was naive and desperate to rule Nigeria hence he went to dine with the devil and he would be confined to political irelevance after this election.

My prayer is for Buhari to win without any alliance with ACN and to win it first round in fact, hence our need to win SW.

SAI BUHARI

And u sabi all these facts because na u dey serve den pammy when Tinubu dey yarn all this nonsense to Bihari?

Don't run your mouth if you can not stand as a witness in a court of law with the same silly allegations you're peddling all over the place.

Calling a man wey den never convict a criminal is ignorant and the same untrustworthy Bafarawa you took his words like it's some gospel truth is under efcc investigation for looting 15 billion from his state,

This is why I don't respect or take you people seriously, many of you are worse than market women
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Genbuhari3: 10:30am On Mar 17, 2011
why is everybody arguing over Bakare's comment on Tinubu. Dont we know that the battle of CPC to win this election is in the south west? And Bakare sees Tinubu as the stumbling block? The North West and North East is already gone to CPC, Abuja, Nassarawa and Niger is another block vote for CPC in the North Central. The problem for a Buhari Presidency is the south west and that is why Bakare is focused on that place. the last leg of CPC campaign will take place in south west. have you heard the yoruba jingle of CPC just released. any household in the south west hearing that may turn to Buhari/Bakare.

Guys,

Tinubu/Ribadu remains the stumbling block to chasing out PDP. You can't say because you have 4 out of 6 states in the south west, you should dictate to CPC because it has no base? the truth is coming out with the CPC rally in the whole of the north. just watch out for Sokoto today! Did you see Kebbi on NTA yesterday? did you see niger, kaduna, yobe, bauchi, gombe, adamawa, jigawa. we have not even done kano, katsina.

But let Ribadu go on. CPC at this stage is good enough for a run off at the worst, and then it will be between the first and second winner, GEJ and Buhari. and we will then know which cards ACN will play then. maybe form an alliance with PDP
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by honeric01(m): 11:38am On Mar 17, 2011
Pure pure pure, let's see what happens come April.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Lagosboy: 11:42am On Mar 17, 2011
Eko Ile:

And u sabi all these facts because na u dey serve den pammy when Tinubu dey yarn all this nonsense to Bihari?

Don't run your mouth if you can not stand as a witness in a court of law with the same silly allegations you're peddling all over the place.

Calling a man wey den never convict a criminal is ignorant and the same untrustworthy Bafarawa you took his words like it's some gospel truth is under efcc investigation for looting 15 billion from his state,

This is why I don't respect or take you people seriously, many of you are worse than market women

My calling him a criminal is in the same manner OBJ is called a criminal and the same way IBB is called a criminal, this is nothing to do with law but a political statement. It has nothing to do with ignorance buddie. Should we say Aneninih is not a criminal because he is not an ex convict? You need to understand the spirit and context of Nigerian political discussions.

Bafawara is under investigation true, but that does not shy away the fact that what he said was not true. It is an open secret Tinubu wanted to be Buharis deputy but Buhari refused. Everything I said I standby and you dont need to say i am running my mouth like  . . . . You really need not personalise issues.

Ribadu wanted to prosecute Odili and today Odili is sponsoring Sekibo to be governor under ACN , sponsoring his son in law as well under ACN in Rivers. Ribadu is a dissapointment IMO as he his dining with the same people he accused of being corrupt. Akume was accused of corruption in Benue and today he is in ACN and campaigning for Ribadu in Benue together with Lawrence Onoja.

We are not fools and we know those who have been consisitent for the past 35 years.

SAI BUHARI!!
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by seguno2: 11:48am On Mar 17, 2011
Genbuhari3:

why is everybody arguing over Bakare's comment on Tinubu. Dont we know that the battle of CPC to win this election is in the south west? And Bakare sees Tinubu as the stumbling block? The North West and North East is already gone to CPC, Abuja, Nassarawa and Niger is another block vote for CPC in the North Central. The problem for a Buhari Presidency is the south west and that is why Bakare is focused on that place. the last leg of CPC campaign will take place in south west. have you heard the yoruba jingle of CPC just released. any household in the south west hearing that may turn to Buhari/Bakare.

Guys,

Tinubu/Ribadu remains the stumbling block to chasing out PDP. You can't say because you have 4 out of 6 states in the south west, you should dictate to CPC because it has no base? the truth is coming out with the CPC rally in the whole of the north. just watch out for Sokoto today! Did you see Kebbi on NTA yesterday? did you see niger, kaduna, yobe, bauchi, gombe, adamawa, jigawa. we have not even done kano, katsina.

But let Ribadu go on. CPC at this stage is good enough for a run off at the worst, and then it will be between the first and second winner, GEJ and Buhari. and we will then know which cards ACN will play then. maybe form an alliance with PDP

Sometimes one thinks we are either too young to remember who Buhari was or have collective selective amnesia. And he has not changed.
It is interesting that we all seem to have forgotten that Buhari in his dictatorial psyche that does not condone ANY criticism promulgated Decree 4 against the press and jailed two journalists [Nduka Irabor and Tunde Thompson] from Guardian. And nothing shows thathe has changed from his dictatorial ways. Meanwhile under our democracy with a civilian who is generally law abiding (that is mistaken for softness by Nigerians used to been treated like goats by leaders who think they [or their relations and friends] are not disciplined enough) we have had:

* the constitution inherited from the military amended
* electoral law improved
* Freedom of Information bill revamped and about to be enacted
* improved fuel supply without parallel structures like PTDF
* increased minimum wage

etc etc.

We need to create a law abiding society WITHOUT the threat of some extra-judicial measures. The law may be an ass but if you are dogged and come with clean hands you will obtain justice in the long run.
We need ETERNAL VIGILANCE and a conducive DEMOCRATIC space to continuously scrutinise our leaders and hold them to their electoral promises.
Buhari cannot guarantee that. Let us STOP seeking messiahs and know that we only can deliver ourselves from these wolves in sheep's clothing. He is riding on a false image of disciplinarian, corruption-free personality that cannot stand to close scrutiny.
Dictators, benevolent or not, are no good for the human society where everyone should be entitled to his freedom.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Akanbiedu(m): 11:49am On Mar 17, 2011
Not so smart. I can't believe some SW guys who are known to be intelligent will fall for this coming from Beaf.

Pastor Bakare should not get carried away by the crowd in the north, we have a BIGGER enemy yet. Even the PDP fear Tinubu more than Buhari - there are many ways to win election and Tinubu seems to be the only opposition that has counter strategy for the PDP.

This topic is better not discussed!

Locked.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Gbawe: 11:53am On Mar 17, 2011
Genbuhari3:

Guys,

Dude why not call a spade a spade now and then ? It won't harm you to do that. It will actually confirm that you are consistently balanced and capable of seeing what must be seen always . You risk becoming like Beaf with how you defend everything , wether good or bad, those you support do . Let Jarus and other balanced fans of Nigeria comment on this thread and they will not speak as you do . They will confess , even as they want Buhari to win , that it is not good for Bakare to go around , making enemies needlessly, through a pugnacious and self-destructive desire to fight everyone to a standstill !!!! It is not wise tactics at all and it confirms that Bakare is a bellicose 'newbie' who has to quickly 'learn the ropes' before he becomes a serious liability. There is no need for Bakare to be alienating the ACN at all.

There is no need at all for Bakare and yourself to speak as if the ACN and ribadu are now your enemies !!! Do you see Buhari himself doing it? Do you see Tinubu or Ribadu doing it ? Why only Bakare ? The race is not here yet and anything can happen now and in the future so Bakare should know that the ACN can be useful to the CPC and to Buhari. This is why it is not Buhari making these noise !!!! I can tell you that Buhari will not happy with Bakare's utterances because the same Buhari tactly side-stepped using inflammatory words when the CPC/ACN alliance talk broke down. Buhari keeps insisting an alliance is possible now and in the future. How is the stance/utterance of Buhari then in consonance with what bakare is now doing ? It is self-destructive tactics and one has to wonder why Bakare is acting like a bull in a China shop !!!!

I am surprised you insinuate that the ACN will form an alliance with the PDP. Dont let your love of Buhari turn into hatred and disdain for everyone else . We all know that is the territory of Beaf. The ACN will work with the CPC when the need arises because they are as commited, if not more, to seeing the back of the PDP as the CPC is . It is only in the SW region that a minority political Party has majority control over the PDP. Tinubu worked tirelessly to achieve this and Bakare , a 'green' politician , cannot just show up and decide that insulting Tinubu and everyone else is the way forward. Bakare and his fans , like yourself, need to be more circumspect in speaking . If the ACN then help out the CPC to gain victory in future will Bakare then swallow his vomit , once again,  as he seems to be doing regularly lately? Bakare is just naively playing into the 'divide-and-conquer' traps of the PDP . He may be the one to ruin things for Buhari if he is not shown the folly of his ways .
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 17, 2011
hmmm
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by efisher(m): 12:05pm On Mar 17, 2011
A quick advice to the opposition parties: One of the best ways to lose an election even before it starts is to work towards a run-off.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 17, 2011
I knew that there will fight among them. Very Buhari and Bakare will fight.
Nigeria is a complex nation, and me thinks Bakare made the greatest mistake of his life by getting involved directly.
He will regret soooner or later.

As for Tinubu, I lost faith in him when he started fighting Fashola. I think the guy is the average selfish Nigerian only smarter.

My vote soldily goes to GEJ.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Gbawe: 12:18pm On Mar 17, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

Not so smart. I can't believe some SW guys who are known to be intelligent will fall for this coming from Beaf.

Pastor Bakare should not get carried away by the crowd in the north, we have a BIGGER enemy yet. Even the PDP fear Tinubu more than Buhari - there are many ways to win election and Tinubu seems to be the only opposition that has counter strategy for the PDP.

This topic is better not discussed!

Locked.

Great insight my brother !!!! Beaf is many thing but he is no fool. The PDP and supporters of GEJ would love nothing better than to promote the catfight that has ensured the opposition never gets its act together to oust the PDP. In Bakare they now have a loose cannon who can make their job easier . Of course Beaf would start a thread like this . He is counting on some fans of Buhari to defend bakare blindly while the ACN fans , by default ,are then forced to defend their corner. As you concede , the PDP actually fear Tinubu . He has not achieved what he has , to include standing up to OBJ while Daniel and others beg, without possessing sagacity as a politician . It is only Atiku and Nnamani who have stood up to OBJ similarly , in recent times, rather than beg as others usually do. The PDP and the likes of Beaf would love nothing better than for Bakare's naively ungaurded tongue to make Tinubu and the ACN enemies of the CPC.  Job done for the PDP.

Someone should explain politics 101 to Bakare . The elections are not here yet . Many permutations are possible . No need to go alienating those you might need to embrace in future. Bakare does this with alarming consistency but someone should remind him he is no longer ministering to an awe-struck church congregation. He should watch his mouth.

I also agree that "this topic is better not discussed" for the needless rancour and distractive infighting it will cause . Exactly what Beaf and the PDP want. Fans of Buhari , before speaking hastily of ACN as the enemy, should know the PDP is doing everything to arrest and 'muzzle' Tinubu because he is doing everything to boot them out totally from the SW region. Tinubu is not the enemy of Buhari and folks should not forget that. It was Tinubu that offered his better established platform (ACN) for use by Buhari . Of course the PDP and folks like Beaf want to make Tinubu the bad guy, since they have run out of 'bad guys, but it is electorally unwise for fans of Buhari to do likewise.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Pataki: 12:31pm On Mar 17, 2011
Gbawe:

I also agree that "this topic is better not discussed" for the needless rancour and distractive infighting it will cause . Exactly what Beaf and the PDP want. Fans of Buhari , before speaking hastily of ACN as the enemy, should know the PDP is doing everything to arrest and 'muzzle' Tinubu because he is doing everything to boot them out totally from the SW region.
Emphasis on the bold quote above.

I think the PDP WILL NOT arrest Tinubu. For the following reason:

1. Arresting Tinubu, easily facilitates a coalition of ACN and CPC in the case of a presidential run-off in the elections.

2. Arresting Tinubu, re-enforces the loss of PDP in the SW region both on a State and National level.

As much as I do not agree in totality with Bakare quickly opening his mouth these days, I think Tinubu himself is on a self destruct button should he continue to be this strong headed and overly proud.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Speaks At The Climate Change Conference (COP22) 2016 In Morocco / P&ID Agents Lobby Presidency To Halt Litigation, Target $500m Commission / Senate Approves State Of Emergency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.