Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare (9471 Views)

Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says / Buhari Lacks Clear Cut Direction On How To Govern Nigeria – PDP / Seized $5.7million: APC Used By ‘Foreign Interests’ To Destroy Nigeria — PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by UyiIredia(m): 8:01am On Mar 18, 2011
Lord God ! save my pastor !
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ Bakare there does not state that a particular [b]individual [/b]is the greatest treat to our democracy.  One could easily suggest that he was referring to ACN, the party.
TINUBU= ACN and ACN=TINUBU

Bitter! but it is the Truth
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by beeman80: 9:15am On Mar 18, 2011
This post is very malicious and aims at debasing the ACN. Bakare never mentioned anyone's name.Please go and get something better doing with your time Mr. Beaf. Oh no wonder your name says it all.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by fesse(f): 9:46am On Mar 18, 2011
The end will justify the means. Lets just watch and see.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by teskyg: 9:48am On Mar 18, 2011
As Long as Mohammed Abatcha is a Candiddate in CPC for Aprill pool.They should stop singing on stooping corruption.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by fuke(m): 10:15am On Mar 18, 2011
This is goodluck to Goodluck Jonathan.

That was my fear about this Bakare and preachers turned Politicians.
  They think they have the same leverage in politics as they have in their churches.

Here,  there is no religious immunity. We will put all his speeches under the microscopic.
  Buhari better warns Bakare if he wants to be president. The vote in the SW is too big
  for any politician to toy with. And for now, when Tinubu talks we listen.

As for Bakare, he will soon find out that nobody in this presentation goes into a press
  war against Tinubu and and comes out the same.

Something tells me, Bakare will be the devil for Buhari.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by jumobi1(m): 10:39am On Mar 18, 2011
It is better for a presidential candidate to have a say in who their VP is. If you choose one for them, you could choose someone they can not function with.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by honeric01(m): 11:00am On Mar 18, 2011
Chrisbenogor:

Can we all slow down here abeg, the PDP camp must be laughing their asses out, they have tried many tactics and seem to think the making the opposition fight is the way to destroy them.
I know Tinubu is not silly neither is bakare, it can be a good and bad thing that he spoke out because the SW is extremely extremely important. If what we want is a real democratic government then the CPC/ACN should realise that it is time to go back to the negotiating table and look at the facts before them. It is a good thing that they did not form any alliance before the campaigns, it has shown both sides a few truths.

1. At first I agreed that the CPC did not have a strong political base, while that might be true for lower positions, the fact remains that Buhari is way way way way more popular in the North than Ribadu for that reason alone I think the ticket should be ceded to him.

2. The electorate in the SW is obviously smarter than those in the North, it would be easy for them to vote ACN for governor and CPC for president, this would be a hard feat to pull off in the North where literacy levels are lower.

3. It is very obvious that the battle for the presidency would be in the SW, politics is a game of interest. Tinubu should look at the numbers and demand for something more realistic from the CPC. There are a lot of compromises that would go far to help both sides which they would not get in a PDP led government. Each should consolidate their own bases as a regional party, so that they could forge an alliance with another group if they are not satisfied.

This is the only way in my opinion, there is no need to fight over it, we just play into the hands of the enemy.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by member479760: 11:08am On Mar 18, 2011
People need to run away from this pastor with his baseless talk.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by olugbemi4u: 11:32am On Mar 18, 2011
Infact,i am 100% in support of Bakare.this is another chance to form a formidable voices against PDP but Tinubu selfish interest will not allow this to workout,because he knew that it would be difficult for him to manipulate Buhari.in the best interest of entire Nigerians he should declare ACN SUPPORT FOR BUHARI INFACT,THIS WILL GIVE HIM BETTER RECOGNITION.
I AM SEEING RIBADU AS OBASANJO AND JONATHAN STOOGE WHO WAS SENT TO DESTROY ACN AS UME UZEOKE DISTROY ANPP TINUBU A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR A WISE
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by phantom23: 11:47am On Mar 18, 2011
Can NL stop messing about with irrelevant news about celebrities and stupid idiots and concentrate more on what is going on around the world.
I can't believe Nigeria took a part in voting for a no- fly zone imposed on Libya.
It is ridiculous!!! The international communities especially the west see us as daft and very gullible. Yet again, we have proved that point.
Did the Nigeria government answer the questions put forward by countries like China, Russia, Germany, Brazil and India regarding the issue?
Why was this No -Fly zone issue championed by David Cameron (UK) and french's Nicola Sarkozy.
Do the Nigeria govt have informed details about everything going on? Bear in mind that the UK gets about 70% of its oil from Libya.
Can Nigeria explain the reason behing the release of the Lockerbie  bomber to Ghaddafi last year , and just few months later, the british govt entered into oil deals with Libya?
Do the Nigeria Govt understand the implication of a No fly Zone at all? Are the west out to really save the Libyan people or they are protecting their own national interest.( Bear in mind that since this uprising began, the cost of fuel has been on a steady increase in the uk).
I do not know too much about Libya but i know too well that the people live in prosperity. Yes it is more of an autocratic regime and you expect that some people would not like it, but on the average the people of libya are better off with Ghaddafi than having a 'western influenced democracy'
Nigerian Leaders, shame on you again. For not seeing beyond your nose. The international community sees all these and continue to believe we are black and daft.
I must state here that I am neither in support of terrorism nor autocracy and I do not really care about Ghaddafi, but when we make decisions, let us be clear and sure of what we are doing. If it is really for the Libyan people, then so be it. but if questions remain unanswered, and it appears that there are political undertones in the resolution, then I strongly believe Nigeria should not have voted.
At the end of the day, the west have used us to champion their course in Libya again.
Maybe our leaders need to read 'Things fall apart' again
Qudos to countries who abstained from this vote! They have earned my respect. Even India!!!

Shame on our leaders
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Gbawe: 12:40pm On Mar 18, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Has anyone thought of the fact that this story could be a PDP attempt to cause disruption between CPC and ACN in order to create disharmony between both parties?

Has anyone noted that the fo.olish, idi.iotic, imbecilic and mo.ronic GEJ/PDP supporters on this thread are the ones gloating and goading ACN/CPC supporters on in order to cause a rift?

p.s: @Gbawe why u falling for they tricks?

I am not falling for any tricks. I have even mentioned it earlier that this thread is an attempt at mischief . Nonetheless , the onus of graciousness does not fall on ACN, Tinubu and Ribadu fans only . We cannot , for the sake of wanting to see the back of the PDP , allow Bakare to unfairly malign and , without provocation,  attack those who have been in the struggle longer than him.

Bakare is a loose cannon. he literally became a politician yesterday. He is not proven in any Nigerian public office . If we are all on the same page then I would expect fans of Buhari to tell him to calm down instead of supporting him automatically even when , without doubt , he is wrong . He has attacked Ribadu, Tinubu and the ACN Party while those folks continue to ignore him graciously like parents ignoring  brattish children . Tinubu is now "the greatest enemy of democracy" according to Bakare yet many , who know the history of Nigeria , will see it differently in proposing Tinubu a champion of democracy with how the former Lagos Governor stood up to the tyranny of OBJ and the PDP at a time when everyone (Judiciary, police, Army, INEC et al) "fell in line" to hand PDP the total dominance it now enjoys today that has seen Nigeria destroyed . Perhaps Bakare needs a history lesson.

In the Senate , The ACN members , despite being the minority , are some of  the most progressive, vibrant and visionary Senators while the PDP members continue to be enemies of progress with how they sponsor selfish bills while consistently killing those that can accelerate Nigeria's progress rapidly. How does  "the greatest threat to democracy" (Tinubu) continue to consistently provide a platform for so many progressive individuals to attain important office ? 

Bakare tells us he will expose Ribadu yet Nigerians far more deserving of respect than him come out regularly , without inducement , to praise and support Ribadu . Bakare needs to be gracious . He is already losing Buhari support in the SW region. I said , as a Pastor , Bakare was the wrong choice when Buhari announced him as running mate . I think I am now being proven right because anyone who understands how many Nigerian Pastors think will know where I am coming from. Most Nigerian Pastors would be useless in politics because they are totally consumed with the concept that it is only them and their house that is pious , godly and just. they dont understand the concept of compromise and working with folks , from different walks of life, to achieve the common objective of moving Nigeria forward. Everything is a battle of supremacy for the likes of Bakare i.e the triumph of good over evil . to bakare , if you are not good (in his camp) then you are evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abuaFQdDMJw

Fani-Kayode on Ribadu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuCahk_YVLs&feature=related

Femi Falana on Ribadu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTwwaLdSJiA

Ken Nnamani on Ribadu.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by efisher(m): 12:52pm On Mar 18, 2011
Food for thought for the BB team:

"And no one puts new wine into old wineskins. For the old skins would burst from the pressure, spilling the wine and ruining the skins. New wine is stored in new wineskins so that both are preserved."
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by 2far(m): 1:12pm On Mar 18, 2011
[s]This is a very strange pastor.

So why didn't he step down himself and let someone else run as VP?

The ACN and Tinubu are the greatest threat to democracy in Nigeria?  Shocked Because they didn't merge with the CPC and let the CPC also choose the VP? How on earth does this make any sense?

I'm pretty confused, at this point. . . someone who understands, please explain

I'm starting to think that this Bakare is a fool[[/s]

nice one
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Lagosboy: 1:17pm On Mar 18, 2011
Gbawe:

I am not falling for any tricks. I have even mentioned it earlier that this thread is an attempt at mischief . Nonetheless , the onus of graciousness does not fall on ACN, Tinubu and Ribadu fans only . We cannot , for the sake of wanting to see the back of the PDP , allow Bakare to unfairly malign and , without provocation,  attack those who have been in the struggle longer than him.

Bakare is a loose cannon. he literally became a politician yesterday. He is not proven in any Nigerian public office . If we are all on the same page then I would expect fans of Buhari to tell him to calm down instead of supporting him automatically even when , without doubt , he is wrong . He has attacked Ribadu, Tinubu and the ACN Party while those folks continue to ignore him graciously like parents ignoring  brattish children . Tinubu is now "the greatest enemy of democracy" according to Bakare yet many , who know the history of Nigeria , will see it differently in proposing Tinubu a champion of democracy with how the former Lagos Governor stood up to the tyranny of OBJ and the PDP at a time when everyone (Judiciary, police, Army, INEC et al) "fell in line" to hand PDP the total dominance it now enjoys today that has seen Nigeria destroyed . Perhaps Bakare needs a history lesson.

In the Senate , The ACN members , despite being the minority , are some of  the most progressive, vibrant and visionary Senators while the PDP members continue to be enemies of progress with how they sponsor selfish bills while consistently killing those that can accelerate Nigeria's progress rapidly. How does  "the greatest threat to democracy" (Tinubu) continue to consistently provide a platform for so many progressive individuals to attain important office ?  

Bakare tells us he will expose Ribadu yet Nigerians far more deserving of respect than him come out regularly , without inducement , to praise and support Ribadu . Bakare needs to be gracious . He is already losing Buhari support in the SW region. I said , as a Pastor , Bakare was the wrong choice when Buhari announced him as running mate . I think I am now being proven right because anyone who understands how many Nigerian Pastors think will know where I am coming from. Most Nigerian Pastors would be useless in politics because they are totally consumed with the concept that it is only them and their house that is pious , godly and just. they dont understand the concept of compromise and working with folks , from different walks of life, to achieve the common objective of moving Nigeria forward. Everything is a battle of supremacy for the likes of Bakare i.e the triumph of good over evil .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abuaFQdDMJw

Fani-Kayode on Ribadu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuCahk_YVLs&feature=related

Femi Falana on Ribadu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTwwaLdSJiA

Ken Nnamani on Ribadu.

I agree with you on the point that Bakare should not have spoken about Ribadu, but on Tinubu i think he should have spoken. Bakare is also playing politics and he is trying to reach out to the educated people of the SW to see the danger in Tinubu being the god father of SW. Maybe it is counter productive , it is only time that will tell. The obejctive of CPC is to win this election outright and not a run off hence the killer instinct.

If it comes to a run off ACN and CPC dont have any damn choice apart from working together and forget all the press wars politicians know how to settle things behind the doors. Tinubu himself has attacked all PDP members in the past and today he is working with Akume, Ararume, Odili  boys, and a host of others. Adele contested as Williams deputy in 99 and today he is back with Tinubu. This is politics and never take this statements too serious as everyone is fighting for their survival.

Clinton and Obama were engaged in dirtier attacks in 2007/2008, so many attacks but today they are working together. We should all chill out and move on with our support.

Anyway join us on the BB2011 bandwagon  grin
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by money4cash(m): 1:19pm On Mar 18, 2011
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INDIVIDUAL OPINION, I THINK WE'RE FIGHTING OVER A LOSS THAT IS NOT TOTALLY LOST. ALLIANCE CAN STILL WORK AND IT WILL SURELY WORK. LET NOT ARGUE WHO SEES OR WHO KILLED THE SNAKE, AS LONG AS THE SNAKE IS DEAD 'WE WON'. PDP IS A TREAT TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS NATION, THEREFORE, WE MUST ALL COME TOGETHER TO FIGHT THEM AS A PARTY. YOU MAY NOT LIKE GUN, AND I MAY NOT CUTLASS, AS FAR AS WE NEED TO KILL THIS PEST EATING DEEP INTO OUR NATIONAL GROWTH, I HAVE TO LIKE WHAT YOU LIKE AND HATE WHAT YOU HATE AT THIS SAME TIME BUT IN OTHER TO BE ONE, BUT IMMEDIATELY THE PEST IS DESTROYED, YOU CAN THROW AWAY YOUR CUTLASS AND I MY GUN. BUT WHAT WE NEED NOW IS UNITY AMONG THE OPPOSITION. LET NOT YOUR HEART BE TROUBLE FOR PDP WILL FALL COME APRIL 2011
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by efisher(m): 1:22pm On Mar 18, 2011
Don't be disappointed if ACN joins forces with PDP instead.  grin grin grin
Statements like these can quickly change the political equation.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by juman(m): 1:38pm On Mar 18, 2011
efisher:

Don't be disappointed if ACN joins forces with PDP instead. grin grin grin
Statements like these can quickly change the political equation.

To be candid President Jonathan is NOT a bad man. But PDP is a very bad party. Yes.

President Jonathan find himself in the company of these useless people. But definitely he will perform.

Obasanjo is retiring after April election. Babangida is not active in politics. Atiku is now sleeping till 2015 and so many people like that.

People of the south south also deserve to rule the country.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by ekubear1: 2:07pm On Mar 18, 2011
^--- Well said on the above two posts. My main beef with the PDP is that they love rigging and installing incompetent men in Yorubaland. If they rigged and installed COMPETENT guys, I wouldn't even be (as) mad. All I care about is results, really.

But instead, the PDPs modus operandi is to rig and install guys like Segun Oni, who clearly have no business governing. This leads to stagnation and underdevelopment.

Let us freely choose our leaders in the SW of Nigeria. Don't hold a gun to our heads if we choose ACN over PDP. . . as Ade Dosunmu, Obasanjo and others implicitly are doing (who have subtly implied we won't get development in the SW unless we vote PDP.)

In free and fair elections in the SW, the PDP will be kicked out, and good leaders installed. Let us have our good leaders and don't freeze us out of development.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by juman(m): 2:34pm On Mar 18, 2011
eku_bear:

^--- Well said on the above two posts. My main beef with the PDP is that they love rigging and installing incompetent men in Yorubaland. If they rigged and installed COMPETENT guys, I wouldn't even be (as) mad. All I care about is results, really.

But instead, the PDPs modus operandi is to rig and install guys like Segun Oni, who clearly have no business governing. This leads to stagnation and underdevelopment.

Let us freely choose our leaders in the SW of Nigeria. Don't hold a gun to our heads if we choose ACN over PDP. . . as Ade Dosunmu, Obasanjo and others implicitly are doing (who have subtly implied we won't get development in the SW unless we vote PDP.)

In free and fair elections in the SW, the PDP will be kicked out, and good leaders installed. Let us have our good leaders and don't freeze us out of development.

ACN will be voted in in SW.

Governor Fashola performed wonderfully. Alao Akala is going he performed badly. Ogun state is also going to ACN people. Also other SW states for ACN. Edo for ACN. Many other states for ACN.

I hate PDP. Yes. Don't let us blame President Jonathan for failure of Mr. Obasanjo 8 years in power and 3 years of failure of President Yar'dua in government.

President Jonathan came on board with very troubled mind. Because of what TURAI RING did to him. Even the governor's forum was unreasonably too powerful that time. He tried to reduce their power to their respective state. He got a lot of fight at that time.

Nigeria was failing under the military before Obasanjo came. Then Yar'adua. 11 wasted years for Nigeria. Correcting this within this limited time for this innocent man (President Jonathan) definitely its not an easy task.

President Jonathan is not alone, all his people (South South people) know that he MUST perform and succeed. South South people are the most oppressed Nigeria. They know what is at stake if President Jonathan not perform.

Let give President Jonathan a chance.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by ekubear1: 2:43pm On Mar 18, 2011
^-- Why does he keep hanging around dudes like OBJ though? Do-or-die, vengeful politicians like that?

Why isn't the FG spending any money fixing the infrastructure in the SW?

Why is it keeping silent as many are slaughtered in Jos?

Also it appears to me that he is likely as profligate as any of these other guys. . . the secret sharing of money around Christmas to the governors, etc.

Doesn't all that concern the heck out of you?  undecided
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by sammhi(m): 3:25pm On Mar 18, 2011
well, Buhari or Bakare , whoever said this , then why didint the CPC pick the okonji iweala as running mate when they couldnt work with TInubu? this pastor wil definitely be a c;log in wheel if they ever gets there. what is the purpose of telling us this?
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by juman(m): 3:39pm On Mar 18, 2011
eku_bear:

^-- Why does he keep hanging around dudes like OBJ though? Do-or-die, vengeful politicians like that?

Also it appears to me that he is likely as profligate as any of these other guys. . . the secret sharing of money around Christmas to the governors, etc.

Doesn't all that concern the heck out of you?  undecided

Why does he keep hanging around dudes like OBJ though? Do-or-die, vengeful politicians like that?

President Jonathan cannot avoid Mr. Obasanjo. Not possible. Mr. Obasanjo is the chairman of the board of trustees of the PDP. Mr. Obasanjo is leaving the political scene after election. He is 74 years old man.

Mr. Obasanjo didn't spend any money fixing the infrastructure in the SW and other region also. He suppose to at least spend some money on Lagos. For example IBB constructed third midland bridge. What was the achievement of Obasanjo in all region? Nothing. Blame Obasanjo for that.

But he paid the country debt, that was is only achievement. grin

President Yar'adua was very sick. So we cannot blame him much. Blame Obasanjo for that also.  

President Jonathan is around when election is near, this is a very big problem. He trying to show people that he has some impact on their life. Like able to get petrol when needed and other things like that. Surely he will perform and do well when he is stable and able to plan well.

He is not keeping silent on the issue at all. Jos issue has a very big K-leg. Even with Mr. Obasanjo mightiness he couldn't find solution to the problem.
Jos issue can be only be resolved only with coperation with the people concerned. This is Nigeria for you. President Jonathan is from the South he has to be careful on the issue. Even Mr. Yaradua was careful. Nigeria is a very problematic country.
It can only be solved by working together with the people there and the North has started some move on this to help the president.

the secret sharing of money around Christmas to the governors, etc.
grin grin grin grin Don't belieeve this.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Kobojunkie: 3:54pm On Mar 18, 2011
juman:

President Jonathan cannot avoid Mr. Obasanjo. Not possible. Mr. Obasanjo is the chairman of the board of trustees of the PDP. Mr. Obasanjo is leaving the political scene after election. He is 74 years old man.
That is not true. Yar adua was able to avoid Obasanjo . . . in fact the man went quite a ways in trying to get Obasanjo to answer for some, not all, of his crimes against Nigerians, during his time.
So no, your excuse that the reason why Jonathan cannot avoid Obasanjo is simply because he is chairman of board of trustees does not cut it.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Kobojunkie: 3:56pm On Mar 18, 2011
juman:

Mr. Obasanjo didn't spend any money fixing the infrastructure in the SW and other region also. He suppose to at least spend some money on Lagos. For example IBB constructed third midland bridge. What was the achievement of Obasanjo in all region? Nothing. Blame Obasanjo for that.
That is not true either. Obasanjo regime awarded quite a lot of contracts, even to the South West, for infrastructural development. There are records that show this. To suggest that he STARVED the South-west in some way is to attempt to re-write history.

That not much was accomplished is a whole ‘nother story but the man did award quite a lot of contracts, even to the S.W and to development of federal infrastructure in, yes, Lagos.

juman:

President Yar'adua was very sick. So we cannot blame him much. Blame Obasanjo for that also. 
Actually we can, I said this from day one of his day in office. The man was Governor of Katsina for 8 years, during which he already knew of his illness and conveniently flew abroad for his personal treatment, even while he was Governor. There is no excuse for his poor legacy as a president and his hijacking a whole nation so he could continue his fly-abroad-for-treatment habits on a grander scale.

The man was an inept and incompetent leader and it was his fault that, knowing this(after 8 years holding katsina hostage), he went ahead and decided holding all of Nigeria hostage in much the same way would be the next best thing for him.

But one thing we give Yar adua is he did go after Obasanjo and helped make him public enemy for a while.

The rest of the excuse you offer for Jonathan's incompetence so far as a leader in Jos and all other cases,contains nothing reasonable -- it all reads like the same old 'Nigerian bull and excuses' for why nonsense should continue.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by kennyisaac(m): 4:06pm On Mar 18, 2011
hey peeps, u better nat talk blasphemy, bakare is a worthy candidate, am even beginning to fin u guyz av collected some consequential money, i fear una oooo, so na, hmnn
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by efisher(m): 5:25pm On Mar 18, 2011
kennyisaac:

hey peeps, u better nat talk blasphemy, bakare is a worthy candidate, am even beginning to fin u guyz av collected some consequential money, i fear una oooo, so na, hmnn

Yes, people should not insult him or any other candidate. But bear in mind that the moment he decided to get involved in partisan politics, he put off the cloak of "spiritual immunity" as far as issues concerning the nation is concerned. He is equally subject to scrutiny, criticism and praises just as any other human being contesting in this election.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by seguno2: 6:29pm On Mar 18, 2011
Gbawe:

I am not falling for any tricks. I have even mentioned it earlier that this thread is an attempt at mischief . Nonetheless , the onus of graciousness does not fall on ACN, Tinubu and Ribadu fans only . We cannot , for the sake of wanting to see the back of the PDP , allow Bakare to unfairly malign and , without provocation,  attack those who have been in the struggle longer than him.

Tinubu has been in the struggle for his selfish personal gains not for any progressive reason.

* Otherwise list his achievements in his eight years as Lagos governor. He will say he was deprived of LG funds by OBJ yet at the same time he claims to have grown internally generated revenue by taxing Lagosians like crazy for his own personal empire.
* in his years as a senator how many progressive bills did he sponsor into law?

In the Senate , The ACN members , despite being the minority , are some of  the most progressive, vibrant and visionary Senators

this must be why your progressive Tinubu has decided to replace the current Lagos senators - Muniru Muse (Central) & Oloruninbe Mamora (East) with his wife and the Ministry of lands PS guy (Ashafa) who cornered many juicy land deals for him from gullible Lagosians. Yet one of the identified problems with our NASS is that the turnover/change of legislators is too much for continuity needed to enact good laws.

How does  "the greatest threat to democracy" (Tinubu) continue to consistently provide a platform for so many progressive individuals to attain important office ?

You mean ONLY Fashola
Meanwhile your Tinubu was going to organise his impeachment a few months ago the same way he impeached Femi Pedro even after he resigned.
Progressive, my ya*sh!!!
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by Dreamchaser1(f): 12:32am On Mar 19, 2011
For the first time I find myself in agreement with this fake pastor. Tinubu is one of the biggest thieves in Nigeria and Ribadu knows/ is aware of all his sins.
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by juman(m): 10:03am On Mar 19, 2011
We are talking of completed projects like third midland brigde, Jakande Estate, many completed projects here and there by Gov. fashola; this woman is talking about awarded contract for infrastructural development. May be she is from venus, jupiter or mars.  grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by gabreel: 5:30pm On Mar 19, 2011
folks,

T

[right]
[i][/i]
[/right]
Re: Nigeria: PDP Not Greatest Threat to Democracy -Bakare by CrudeOil2(m): 5:43pm On Mar 19, 2011
bakare is a madman!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Alerts On Likely Heavy Flood / SERAP Writes Petition Over Electoral Violence, Ballot Snatching / Abba Kyari: Ugwuanyi Condoles With President Buhari, Family, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.